Author Topic: Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Game Over)  (Read 28314 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Day 6)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:48 AM »
*off the bat

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 03:50:41 AM »
although it would be nice if all lylos were as easy and painless as cota

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 04:04:17 AM »
I did invite you to my QT. My action failed. I am not afraid of what is in the QT BECAUSE IT SUPPORTS THE CONCLUSION THAT I AM TOWN.
Sorry for sounding kinda pissy here, but I was kinda looking forward to seeing you in the QT because it'd save me the trouble of having to paraphrase what went down in there. The insinuation that I didn't want to invite you while also assuming that I was roleblocked by BT just really annoyed me.

I mean I know your'e basically confirmed town by now, but don't troll me pls.  :ohdear:

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 04:09:04 AM »
Actually I was gonna see what BT says but honestly, I'm starting to think it's pointless chiefly because of his lategame activity and what Conq says about roleblock makes some sense I guess! I kinda already figured during the night that there were 100% odds of the kill being blocked, unless BT is going to claim something silly like not targeting Conqueror or not having acted at all.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »
hw if cf7 is scum I'm going to fold my arms and squint at you like a tiny asian woman
wouldn't this have been a nice end to d4

If I flip tonight, know that I hid behind the number of the person which is the same as the number of letters in the eighth word of the description of my first active ability.
so was this a complete joke or something
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »
For me, the sudden jump to Bard X Conq in LYLO despite apparently suspecting Dormio for much of the game (and in the QT, the night immediately preceding he basically assumed Dormio was scum and was trying to figure out who his "buddy" was) makes it pretty clear but I don't blame you if you want to wait.

Conqueror

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 04:30:25 AM »
so was this a complete joke or something

Yeah I thought it was pretty clever on my part.  :D Also amusing, but anyway!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 04:35:12 AM »
Ahaha so Paperblade really was superbussing Dormio, right
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 04:38:49 AM »
For me, the sudden jump to Bard X Conq in LYLO despite apparently suspecting Dormio for much of the game (and in the QT, the night immediately preceding he basically assumed Dormio was scum and was trying to figure out who his "buddy" was) makes it pretty clear but I don't blame you if you want to wait.

And thereafter disappearing for the rest of the day, yes. That was pretty bad. It's also why I want to lynch him right now.

After telling Serela not to it feels horrible to actually want to vote now and have it all done and over with but.

Serela confirm please whether BT has been suspicious of Dormio in the QT.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »
I'm going "yeah it's still probably BT" and I see gems like this at the end of D2

Quote from: Conq
At this point I'm not even sure of Paperblade!scum anymore given his last post is basically just a huge ball of apathy. Don't know why he's bringing up SB "cc" of him right now when nothing about that has changed since D1. I think this apathy is contagious though and today's D2 has just seemed really lethargic on everyone's part. I need a flip. We all need a flip.

Random lynch at this stage would be hilarious but still awful. Let's just lynch the barely contributing lurker, get a goddamn flip, and get this game moving.
yeh can we lynch bt yet

Cut:Although it's true I haven't re-scrutinized the rest of the game yet, since up until just now I've only been thinking about Bard/Dormio and not the other people >>

OH YEAH THERE'S A QT I SHOULD BE READING ESPECIALLY SINCE THE FIRST HALF IS ENTIRELY BT AND CONQ

Conqueror

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2013, 04:43:48 AM »
Serela can also confirm that there's a point where BT said "SCUM IN THE QT" which feels really fake (and Dormio replies with something lulzy)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 04:49:14 AM »
Quote from: conq
dormio, why do you not have a single opinion on bard or bt in your entire iso?
I really should have paid attention to dormio's posts but I was like "I NEED TO ISO BT AND CONQ RIGHT?" (paperblade doesn't matter because he tunneled Dormio like a man on a mission)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2013, 04:52:26 AM »
Step 2: Notice the huhwhat NK. Like, fuck. In what world would I want to kill the guy who was townreading me so strongly AND was fixated on scumreading Conq? I would've just killed someone like BBM.
scum do this so much (including me as scum) because it's always looks like a good thing to do but unless there's a REALLY good reason you shouldn't have wanted to kill them it really doesn't work

(this obviously wouldn't be a reason to vote BT by itself but I'm just pointing out single things I find interesting, I'm not trying to communicate a case here)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:02 AM »
That was a BT quote, it's 1am and I'm becoming sleepderp

Conqueror

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:28 AM »
didn't huhwhat say something like if raikaria flips town dormio is scum at the end of d1 anyway? could have been for dormio's sake.

in any case he was a claimed mason and a strong voice so...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 04:56:29 AM »
well what I specifically mean is where they actually try to bring it up as some kind of point of defense ("If I was scum that means I killed ___ and I totally wouldn't do that as scum RIGHT GUYS?") but really 90% it only seems like a decent reason when you're the one saying it

But yeah HW was a claimed mason and also HW, so

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 04:57:17 AM »
So Bard how do you feel about lynching BT

You've been implying you want to lynch Conq but you've only really communicated one tidbit why

I do still need to reread the first half of the QT which I've only skimmed in the past

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 05:01:57 AM »
Conq wasn't present for the part of D5 where we were actually evaluating things (before dormio slipped up) but he said he had some IRL stuff and was gonna reread the thread and stuff in a bit

The thing is all that d5 stuff happened in a pretty small period of time, so it's totally understandable that by the time he had time it was just kind of already over

better get to reading the QT now

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 05:28:54 AM »
iirc we aren't supposed to quote from QTs in this game, but paraphrasing (This might seem kinda reportery but Bard cannot see the QT so yes I kind of am sometimes)

early QT I see BT going all "well paperblade isn't that great but I'd rather push my scumreads? I don't think the laziness is bad because d1 was huge and overwhelming, very null read"

bt comments with an ugh on Dormio's posting priorities (CF7 -> Zak without mentioning talking about others) since you were asking Bard, don't see other dormio comments yet (They're mostly discussing Schezo, BT's d2 vote. Also a decent dose of SB, conq's vote)

BT is still scumhunting on Conq too in-QT, although I can't recall reading about any of the reverse (yes, my short-term memory, I know), BT also makes a big QT post of defending himself to conq

ROFL Conq's QT #91 (it's just comments on when people go "why aren't you dead?" and paraphrasing it isn't worth anything)

conq analyzes NNR's dormio case (I think we're d3 now? Timestamp says 9/20 I'm too lazy) and criticizes it for attacking dorm's playstyle. (Later:I'm stupid this is d2 still)

btw BT this song you linked is pretty nice, it's giving me backround while I read you as scum `-`

Okay with BBM in the QT BT tries to link to a few posts from Dorm/Paperblade to try to support "they aren't buddies" but then he doubts himself. It's followed by more Waffling On Dormio discussion.

I can't keep trying to analyze all this anymore. Besides it's really weird to try to relay parts to Bard that he might find interesting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 05:29:26 AM »
BARD I WISH I COULD JUST LINK YOU THE QT AND GET MODKILLED FOR IT AND LET YOU READ IT YOURSELF

But that would be a terrible thing of me to do.

Conqueror

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 05:36:15 AM »
BT is still scumhunting on Conq too in-QT, although I can't recall reading about any of the reverse (yes, my short-term memory, I know), BT also makes a big QT post of defending himself to conq
just going to comment on this real quick since bt brought this up as a point in his defense

after the initial back and forth where we talked about d1 i had a town read on bt from his postings in the qt so from then on I was mostly conversational with him like i would in a mason qt or whatever. i didnt really suspect bt until lylo and even then i entertained dormio x bard double bussing supreme (sorry bard!)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »
9/23 bt says he's pretty sure dorm is scum

based on only bbm being QT added I guess that means it's still d3

Conqueror

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »
9/23 bt says he's pretty sure dorm is scum
yep, stuff like that and look at how much he mentioned scum!dormio in the thread?
nowhere? oh, okay.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 05:41:32 AM »
overall it feels like conq actually several times tries to get out of me why Dorm is so town (both in QT and thread)

BT on the other hand just kind of rolls with it and at some point d5 uses me reading Dorm as town in QT shenanigans as reasoning to handwave dormio off as town

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 05:45:36 AM »
yeah can we lynch BT bard

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:56 AM »
going to bed, probably will hammer bt when I wake up if bard decides to vote him

admittedly partially not just voting bt first because I don't want postgame discussion to start while I'm asleep.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »
Obligatory "this is what I was making overnight" post but I have a lot more to address than that. Also yes, I ended up kidnapping Conq because every other decision would have risked a death.

Quote from: Bard
Anyway the reason I think BT is scum is because in this post he claims to be venting about being a protective role often. His first post in this thread is actually something about the OP, and then a "furious confirmation", but no venting at all about being a protective role often.

Therefore, I submit that BT must have vented about it but somewhere else, in a private area, and he just slipped and did not fact-check his actual first post. (He does not, in fact, rant about it in the beginning of the game at all, so.)
Just because I said "vent" doesn't meant I ranted about it somewhere, it means I expressed displeasure somwhere and I was exactly referencing that one post. But that as an aside, you're missing the obvious. In your assumption I would be Scum Jailor, which would prompt a different reaction than Town Jailor, which is a town protective role and doesn't provide the completely different experience that you get with being scum. It should have been obvious that I meant town protective roles such as Town Jailor and Town Doctor.

So, further reading. Logic in this post, under point 2), relies on BT being a one-man scum-team. He is not. Like I said, it is also a convenient excuse for scum to make. "That would've been a bad target for me," quoth they. Ironically, this post should actually have pointed out how I could not be scum: It'd propose scum would have left a Town Jailer alive despite Kilga mimicking him N1 and, thus, revealing his role to any theoretical scumteams I had. Like seriously guys.
I ruled out BT x Conq one step beforehand just to make that point which tells you that I thought it wouldn't be worth it even with Kilga or Dormio as buddies. It's not a "convenient excuse", it's a significant indisputable fact. Finally, I did actually take that last point into consideration, it's just that I hadn't said it explicitly. You could tell that I was reconsidering at the end of that post because I asked Serela to reevaluate Dormio. (also this wasn't a definite point because scum had at least two strongman shots and ehhhh)

Further points of interest are this post where he decides Conq is Scum because Serela has a Townread on Dormio. Dormio did not prove his role (faulty logic). The rest isn't arguing on how I am scum but how Conq is scum.

Basically if you condense the paragraph and take out the fluff, it reads as:

"Bard is Scum.
Dormio is Town because Serela Townreads him.
Therefore, Conqueror is Scum."

Basically, BT set it up so that there is no scenario in which Dormio should be lynched, and we have already demonstrated that Dormio was lying about his role.
In the secret space I elaborated that I made a snap judgement that you were scum because: your role name didn't match your role, I expected scum to have a roleclop-like role and I thought Dormio's claim was more likely to be town overall, especially given how the town has little in the way of power action-wise. I thought both your play and Dormio's weren't indicative enough of alignment  and found the former mentioned facts to be noteworthy. I also thought Bard/Conq made sense and such. The post focused on Conq and started with the assumption that he's scum because that's the exact assumption you ought to be making if you think only one of your other two suspects can be scum. Finally, Dormio did prove at least a portion of his role and it was a mistake of mine to think the truth wasn't a bit different. You probably would have seen me continuing to read shit as the day went on (as in, these weren't final opinions) because I didn't expect you to give scum the luxury of cutting the day short. BTW, it would make more sense for Dormio to hammer immediately if his buddy was in a good position (aka not mine).

Serela answered this whole QT infiltrating thing with "Shadoweh dropped the QT link in the masonry" so let's move on.

Conq is scum because he's not town. That's the short version, because honestly, nothing in this game made me go "hey, this is town!conq" and the only recent game this didn't happen in was You Can't Guess the Setup? Altough even in that game I could see a lot more analyzing and a lot less low level case making. His cases on Zak, SB, and Bard were all largely for bad play and I saw no significant working of the cogs beyond that; comparable to my Schezo and NNR opinions where I did actually analyze my target and try reasoning out their actions. His handling of Paper, by the way, suggests bussing: his pokes up to and including this post have largely been prods, but in the very next instance he changes to a direct and confident attack. The only difference is that the Paper wagon rose from 0 votes to 2 by that time. You can also see Conq coaching Dormio on ED1 if that's your thing.

Next up is a point Serela will have to back me up on because not everyone has secret space access. My argument is that Conq dropped me and linked me on N1 to "start over" - it's his suspicion on me that led to all of huhwhat, BBM and myself suspecting him so he likely saw it as toxic and wanted to move on. His argument is that he wanted to get a better read on me among other things, and he mentioned more than once that he was confident he would catch me if I was scum. What happened? I'll admit that I gave in to apathy plenty and misread him in there, but I did actually raise my paranoia and suspicions when they happened. The closest I could find from him doing the same is "bt are you scum", "bt pinky promise you're not scum" and "bt what came of your dormio reread" and there's no evidence of him trying to deduce my alignment through my posts there. If he thought I was town he also failed in bouncing off ideas unless they were relevant to him - he certainly argued against me when I brought up reasons for CF7 town and Dormio scum in there, but he never ended up helping me when I asked him about Schezo or NNR and happily let me sit on the former until he flipped.

We can't do without setup talk, of course. If Conq is town, town has both a masonry and a permanent linker with unlimited capacity, not to mention an absorber who could make another link. If I am scum, scum have two interfering utilities (hijacker, jailer) and two protective utilities (bulletproof vest via ascetic, jailer). That's TWO protective utilities to handle one theoretical compulsive vig (and one bomb, but jailer would rb the killer). The kicker is that the hijack stops kills too (I had to check the flip myself) which means they could have hijacked Yuno's compulsive kills (wtf). Along with unlimited strongman vanillizer backup it's way too strong - so town were given the jailer and scum the "vanilla" linker role.

##Vote Conq

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »
As should be obvious, don't vote anytime soon. That's fucking stupid.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 07:30:39 AM »
This is the Ultimate Votecount 6.1

Take 1 drink when your favorite makes a good point!

BT (1) Conqueror
Conqueror (1) BT

Not voting: Creepy Sereley, Bardiche

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
There are 67 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »
Anyway it doesn't really matter. I'm pretty sure I've come to my decision, and I doubt Bard's done a 180 here either, even if some parts of what he was saying last night don't really apply.

I'm going to finish out my reread juuuust to be safe though.
Serela you were also "pretty sure" about Bardiche yesterday. Like, I implore you to reread before you waffle yourself into something dumb. I don't know how I can say this better, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be a LYLO mislynch. Read my posts. Read BT's. Read them in the context of the game state. Read them in tandem with Paperblade and Dormio.

Now I'm going to make a pretty post!
rofl