Author Topic: Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Game Over)  (Read 28265 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Game Over)
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
~*~Mirai Nikki Thread 2~*~
Consentes Dii Juno Jupiter Minerva Apollo Mars Ceres Mercurius Diana Baccus Vulcanus Pluto Vesta Venus
On a different earth, twelve people were granted the Future Diary by Deus Ex Machina in order to play a survival game to determine who would become God. When they were shown the DEAD END from another future, the diary owners decided not to play Deus's game and instead work together to create a better future. But not everyone was willing to give up the power of God. The first blood has already been spilled and the DEAD END flags have been set once more. Change the future and cheat death! Win the coveted miracle at the end of the Survival Game!

Moderator: Shadoweh ^_^/
Reviewer: Kitten4u

Regular rules shamelessly stolen from stalkee:
- Town must lynch (no majority = random lynch)
- Scum must kill every night.
- Day 1 will last 48 hours (2 Days). Day 2 and onward will last 72 hours (3 days). Nights are 24 hours.
- If you do not post in 24 hours, you wil be proded. If I deem you are unable to commit to the mafia, you will be modkilled or replaced.
- No extensions.
- No editing posts.
- Votes must have ## in front and be bolded (EG: ##Vote FAV) Unvotes are appreciated but unnessicary. Don't purposely post fake votes.
- Play to win.
- Don't be lame.
- Parties with private communication (e.g. scum) may communicate at any time.
- Don't quote any private communications (role PMs, questions you asked the mod, quicktopics etc.).  Paraphrasing is fine.  If you're unsure if your paraphrase comes too close to quoting ask a mod.
- You cannot talk about the game outside the thread.
- Bah posts are forbidden.
- Perfect Purple is reserved for the moderator. Do not use my color in your posts.

Special Shadoweh Rules:

- Twilight is the phase between when a hammer has been dropped and Night is announced. Town may continue to converse until the flip and Night is declared.
- No talking at Night.
- No nasty language. Any slurs, swears or other nasty things will be MODIFIED BEAUTIFULLY. See This thread for examples of what your UNCOUTH posts might turn into.
- Anti-town roles have learned the townie technology of killing and using night actions at the same time.
- In case action resolution ever comes up please refer to this handy chart.
- Flips will be given in full, See SYWTBTT Mafia for examples.

Any other win conditions were included in roles sent.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:41:13 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

Re: Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Night 5)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:28:44 AM »
First Thread Here

Playing the Survival Game: 4/14

2. Conqueror
6. Kilgamayan (didn'tmakeit) Bardiche
7. BT
8. Sereley

DEAD END: 10/14
4. Raikaria playing Tsubaki Kasugano, Town Gift Giver was lynched Day 1
10. huh what jesus playing Marco Ikusaba, Town Mason was killed Night 1
14. Paperblade playing Reisuke Houjou, Mafia Ascetic Redirector was lynched Day 2
9. Zakeri playing Yuno Gasai, Town Serial Killer was killed Night 2
5. Nekonekorex playing Minene Uryu, Town Bomb was lynched Day 3
11. Schezo playing Akise Aru, Town Cop was Exploded Day 3
13. BigBangMeteor playing Yomotsu Hirasaka, Town Justice Voter was killed Night 3
3. CF7 playing Hinata Hino, Town Tree Stump was lynched Day 4
12. Serious Banananananana BATMAN playing Yukiteru Amano, Town Dependant Hider was killed Night 4
1. Dormio playing Ouji Kosaka, Mafia Conditional Vanilizor Backup Strongman was lynched Day 5

Useful Links:
Day 1 Start
Day 1 End
Day 2 Start
Day 2 End
Day 3 Start
Day 3 End
Day 4 End
Day 5 End
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:44:48 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:08 AM »
first

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Shadoweh

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »
Day 5 End: YOU CAN'T ESCAPE DAY 5 DORMIO BG PLYS BGGR THRWS

'fck my lf cnt pst wth ths stpd rstrctn'
Everyone was confused on what to do, then someone had an idea!
"Hey Dormio what did you like about the Ragnarok server again?"
"HATS HATS HATS HATS HA-I mean... oh shit."
SUDDENLY DORMIO BECAME A FIVE-HUNDRED TON DINOSAUR!
"YOU CAN'T LYNCH ME! IM THE GREATESTTTTTAAAAUGHGHDSGUJSDHNG!"
You run around screaming until the Super Sentai show up to defeat Dormio with their Superzord.
"..Okay, this definitely didn't happen in the anime."

Dormio (3) Mitt Sereley, Bardiche, Dormio

Not voting: Conqueror, BT

Dormio was Lynched! He was..
Quote from: Shadoweh
Hello, Dormio. You are Ouji Kosaka from Mirai Nikki. KILL MAIN DESTROY. Your Apprentice Diary is the Neo Kosaka King Diary, which loudly proclaims all your future successes.
Your theme song is Me! Now? The Greatest!!!

Role: Mafia Conditional Vanilizor Backup Strongman

Abilities:
Basic Rights: You have 1 vote and the ability to speak during the day.
An Alliance (Passive) - NOPE
Kosaka PAWUNCH!! (Passive) - Your attacks are UNSTOPPABLE!!! Any player targetted by you for a kill will die. There are no exceptions.
Kosaka KICKU!!! (Active) - Each night you may attempt to punch the power out of a player by private messaging the ##KICK (player) command, as well as a description of a role. If your target has the role ability you describe, that power will be erased. (An example description of this power would be 'an ability that vanilizes another player.')
Kosaka Neo King Surprise!!! (Active) - Just because YOU!!! Are the greatest!!! Each night you may attempt to use a dead player's ability by private messaging the ##Target (player) command, as well as the ability you wish to use. You may not copy factional or killing abilities. You may only target a dead player once each.
You have 20 hours to PM me night actions.
Night End Countdown

Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »
second

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:33:33 AM »
okay serious post time, I don't think bardiche and dormio would run a double cc gambit as scum sooo im going to probably make a case on bt overnight (OH MAN, EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCLE); triple checking bard to make sure because wow

Conqueror

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
actually what the hell I'm going to have all day tomorrow to make this case so screw that ill just work on it when the day starts.
finally i have the 24-hour mafia break ive wanted all this time.

Shadoweh

Re: Mirai Nikki Mafia Second Thread (Day 6)
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »
Day 6 MYLO Start: Kuusou Mesorogiwi

The four of you stand looking at each other over the wreckage of the city.
Despite the screams of the victims and the bodies of the guilty and innocent, here you are!
Now change the future! Become god!

No one has died!

Not voting: Everyone

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
There are 72 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

WARNING WARNING GIANT DINOSAURS HAVE BEEN DESTROYING EVERYTHING! A MYLO IS FAST APPROACHING!

Conqueror

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:28 AM »
well, obvious no-kill gambit is obvious

this is really lame because now I have to reparaphase everything i said in the qt THANKS BT

Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
- Anti-town roles have learned the townie technology of killing and using night actions at the same time.

before anyone brings up "bt used his jk he can't be scum blah blah"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
yeah since BT is def. a jailer he could have jailed and killed the same person

He also could have, actually succeeded in protecting who was assumably bard though

Anyway it doesn't really matter. I'm pretty sure I've come to my decision, and I doubt Bard's done a 180 here either, even if some parts of what he was saying last night don't really apply.

I'm going to finish out my reread juuuust to be safe though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 03:27:06 AM »
Shadoweh are you going to post a "say hi to bard" in the qt for us or is he like, not there
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 03:27:13 AM »
Serela you were also "pretty sure" about Bardiche yesterday. Like, I implore you to reread before you waffle yourself into something dumb. I don't know how I can say this better, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be a LYLO mislynch. Read my posts. Read BT's. Read them in the context of the game state. Read them in tandem with Paperblade and Dormio.

Now I'm going to make a pretty post!

Conqueror

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »
He's not in the QT. My action failed.

Conqueror

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
Actually just ##Vote BT already because I'm pretty sure my logic for Bardiche not being scum is foolproof (aka why wouldn't a hypothetical scum!Bard vanillize BT if he knew his role?)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32:43 AM »
Serela you were also "pretty sure" about Bardiche yesterday. Like, I implore you to reread before you waffle yourself into something dumb.
I said I'm already rereading, you silly goose ;_;

And I'm not even waffling! I said I made a decision I'm fairly sure on!

But, yeah, even though I wasn't waffling between Dorm/Bard at all I was totally wrong. It happens D:

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
Serela don't.

Bardiche

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 03:33:19 AM »
DO NOT VOTE BT

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 03:34:49 AM »
Conq's action failing is null because scum!BT and town!BT are both capable of Jailing Conqueror for good reasons, btw.

OKAY BARD OKAY I'M JUST GONNA KEEP REREADING AND NOT VOTE.

Although seriously it takes 3 of us to lynch so scum can't quickhammer, it will take everyone but themselves to vote on someone to lynch them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:43 AM »
I was busy finding Conq's Dormio interactions D1 ~*~interesting~*~ but not being able to come to a conclusion about them in either direction. Maybe it'll be easier as I read into later in the game.

Bardiche

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:58 AM »
We have time today, and my logic from yesterday doesn't necessarily hold. Recall that BT earnestly claimed his Jailer targets and Dormio was a strongman who could kill every night.

BT, who did you target with your role? (Obv answer is obv but still.)

There's no reason to make a hasty decision today. Scum is between Conq and BT as far as I'm concerned and we have some time to discuss and make up our minds.

Serela why did Mimicking you fail do you not have any active portions??

Conq, why did you not invite me into your QT? Afraid I might have scrutinised what was writ there?

Conqueror

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »
Part 1:

I have no doubt BT is going to make a big fuss about how I was defending Dormio in the game thread and in the QT. Yeah, I admit it, I defended Dormio. Big whoop. I thought he was town. I had (I thought) pretty decent reasons for Dormio town which people didn't appear to disagree with. So yeah, I thought he was a scum mislynch especially after Paperblade flipped scum.

But look at how BT interacted with Dormio, and not just in the QT (which bard can't see because he's not in it but serela can summarize for him I guess). Sure, BT calls Dormio scum in the QT but for really flimsy reasons that wouldn't convince anyone, and the rest of the time he just assumes Dormio is scum because ???? And in the thread? We have stuff like:
"I'd look at Dormio for scum if we reach this far down."
"I need to think more about Dormio I think because initially I thought he was town for one of the reasons Conq brought up (why would he not just post a conclusion after some of his walls as scum?) but I can't really shoot down the cases on him or at least not comletely."

Yeah, bullshit. It's a light hedge in the case that Dormio flips scum but it's not an actual stance on him. I took a stance that I believed in on Dormio. What did BT do? Light distancing?

And then when LYLO comes he throws away this Dormio scumread he's been holding on to for a large portion of the game to go for a BardXConq pairing with logic that doesn't even make sense? Yeah.

(if we're going to go into dormio's opinion on bt, well he never has one and avoided my query to him about him once. yes, i know dormio never mentioned me before but that's probably because i was obvtown)

Conqueror

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 03:37:34 AM »
Conq, why did you not invite me into your QT? Afraid I might have scrutinised what was writ there?
I did invite you to my QT. My action failed. I am not afraid of what is in the QT BECAUSE IT SUPPORTS THE CONCLUSION THAT I AM TOWN.

If you want stuff from the QT, ask me or Serela.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »
Bard, mimicking me theoretically could give you "you know ____(whoever HW was) is confirmed as town" (lol) and access to my mason QT, but they aren't necessarily active powers and I don't know the wording of your role.

Since you get one-shot copies of roles I guess it might not work on mine because they can't really go away? Plus if it explicitly is only for active powers then yeah.

Conqueror

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 03:41:08 AM »
A lot of this is just rephrasing what I just posted in the QT so.

Anyway just look at stuff like D4. BT says he defended CF7 in the QT. That's true, but for flimsy reasons and for all his "defense" when D4 came around and I made a play-based case on CF7 and he claimed, BT just spent the rest of the day poking at CF7's role and his reads on CF7 from earlier were seemingly forgotten.

Like, I've tried to be as proactive as I can in this game despite my limited time for mafia playing, BT is going to claim the opposite, but seriously, just read us both, or whatever.

I'm tired of talking. Bard/Serela, it's up to you now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 03:42:09 AM »
This game has been so cruising until now, suddenly I have to actually think, it's weird.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 03:43:26 AM »
"why do I have two tabs of the thread open? Silly. *Closes the second one*"
two minutes later
"Okay let's get back to my rer-OH YEAHHHH oops ;_;"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 03:45:22 AM »
iluguise (even though I read it like 10 minutes ago too I still giggle)

Conqueror

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 03:46:04 AM »
Oh right I should repeat my ~*setup speculation*~ arguments from the QT because Bardiche brought it up.

1) Jailkeeper + Strongman = Roleblocker basically
2) Ascetic redirector + Strongman vanillizer + jailkeeper all on the scumteam seems weird until you realize what this setup is all about. It's a bunch of confirms and soft-confirms mixed in with a few random roles that may or may not do stuff. It's designed so that the loss of one scumteam member never means the scum is screwed by infinite compulsive vig or whatever. Townies who claim their roles will be manipulated by the scum roles. And judging from how all the scum so far have basically claimed their real role it's obvious that this setup wasn't meant to be broken by claims. It's what Shadoweh meant in the signups when she said dont break the setup and assume the other team is properly equipped. There is no powerhouse scum role or powerhouse town role. Everything is meant to fit together.

Conqueror

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »
We have time today, and my logic from yesterday doesn't necessarily hold.

And yeah, I obviously didn't expect you guys to quickvote me with me off the bad, that'd just leave a bad taste in my mouth even though I think it's obvious (it's just unsporting imo). I just expect you to make the right decision in the end.