Author Topic: Popcorn Mob Redux (Game over- Town wins)  (Read 28104 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 04:22:57 AM »
Lately I don't think level of spam is different, you just post more paniced as scum. What that difference looks like don't ask me as I've never been able to figure it out.
You guys are being huge jerks to CF7. CF7, who do you think Raikaria should pass a scalding hot potato?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
There's a difference now since all it takes is Raikaria, there isn't a real lynch to worry about scrambling five people.

Raikaria does not understand what makes Raikaria so special.

You guys are being huge jerks to CF7. CF7, who do you think Raikaria should pass a scalding hot potato?

Why does everyone think Raikaria has a potato? If Raikaria had a potato D1, Raikaria would have RNG'd a name and passed it right away, because D1.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadoweh

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »
More importantly why aren;'t you going I, Raikaria?
The op says you have a potato. :< I can read!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:40 AM »
The problem with this, though, is that Town also try to force the lynch on other player's too.
I'll give you points for trying to explain your reasoning, but you didn't really make any connection between the events and why scum would do them (Other than the part I quoted which is really a null-tell).
But, here we are all sort of in 1 vote away from lynch situation and just need to convince the player with the hammer whose role is known.
i still don't like CF7 since i think in this game "you guys are scummy for attacking me" carries the implication of "don't get me shot because i'm town and i will shoot you too and you will lose two townies!!!" which is passive-aggressive and bad, especially when his reasons to back it up don't really flow
But are you willing to take the risk? Losing 2 townies?
would unironically agree but you could just shoot cf7 and skip the me dying part
Or we can actually skip both of use dying part.
Lately I don't think level of spam is different, you just post more paniced as scum. What that difference looks like don't ask me as I've never been able to figure it out.
It's sort of a tricky question. Because i'm under pressure, and, well, my answer might be biased.
But i still think that we should pass potato to Zak. Or HW. His behavior is kind of off, but i can't quite place it, aside of spamming the thread.

Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

CF7

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 09:37:18 AM »
*aside from

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
Raikaria has been hit by a flying potato. He flipped vanilla town.

Raikaria has 72 hours to hit someone with the potato.

Game day 1 begins now.

Oh, Raikaria does have a potato. Raikaria was under the impression that Raikaria would get a PM, or at least there would be bolded things. Raikaria was not aware.

More importantly why aren;'t you going I, Raikaria?
The op says you have a potato. :< I can read!

Raikaria explained that Raikaria felt like talking in the 3rd person.

Who wants a spud bomb made by either Minoriko or the IRA? Or both?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
Raikaria is confirmed town, if he were scum he would know his buddies gave him the potato.

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »
cf7 still hasn't explained why people the suspecting him have scum intent. looking at last game where he was non-scum and presumably legitimately scumhunting he posted reads and explained it, here he's just half-assing everything. best shot imo

shadoweh is probably mafia

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
If Raikaria had a potato D1, Raikaria would have RNG'd a name and passed it right away, because D1.
Well I'm waiting :colbert:

CF7

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
cf7 still hasn't explained why people the suspecting him have scum intent. looking at last game where he was non-scum and presumably legitimately scumhunting he posted reads and explained it, here he's just half-assing everything. best shot imo

shadoweh is probably mafia
I was a Serial Killer actually.  :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »
Raikaria is going to play some hot potato:

1. Shadoweh
2. Huh What
3. Action Dan
4. Zak
5. CF7
6. NekoNekoRex
7. Raikaria
8. Serious Bananas

8 came up

#Potato: Serious Bananas

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »
But, here we are all sort of in 1 vote away from lynch situation and just need to convince the player with the hammer whose role is known.

I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.
Yes, the main way of controlling the lynch is to convince Raikaria to shoot who we want to shoot, but that still doesn't change that both town and mafia are trying to control the lynch.
All it really changes is that you can't pin "cheerleading" on a person because that's all we really have to use.

But are you willing to take the risk? Losing 2 townies?Or we can actually skip both of use dying part.
This is just a scare tactic. One that implied HW is a townie. It can also be used against pretty much any suggestion of who to kill.

It's sort of a tricky question. Because i'm under pressure, and, well, my answer might be biased.
But i still think that we should pass potato to Zak. Or HW. His behavior is kind of off, but i can't quite place it, aside of spamming the thread.
"But are you willing to take the risk? Losing 2 townies?"
Case in point.

Shadoweh seems fine so far.
I still think HW is town. I almost panicked and thought he might maybe be scum because his approach to tackling and understanding CF7 is different than mine, but then I realized that being different is what makes us human, and that I should abandon my paranoia in favor of logic and reason. ~<3

Edit: Checking Twilight rules, still posting.
At least it was one of the people I didn't have a read on, not that it's possible to have one on SB.

CF7

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »
I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.
Yes, the main way of controlling the lynch is to convince Raikaria to shoot who we want to shoot, but that still doesn't change that both town and mafia are trying to control the lynch.
All it really changes is that you can't pin "cheerleading" on a person because that's all we really have to use.
This is just a scare tactic. One that implied HW is a townie. It can also be used against pretty much any suggestion of who to kill.
"But are you willing to take the risk? Losing 2 townies?"
Case in point.
I'm trying to make a point that you and HW both ganging up on me. Pretty much ignoring anyone else. But leaving that there's really nothing much is going on right now.
And scare tactic or not, HW hasn't answered the question, so it still stands.
I still think HW is town. I almost panicked and thought he might maybe be scum because his approach to tackling and understanding CF7 is different than mine, but then I realized that being different is what makes us human, and that I should abandon my paranoia in favor of logic and reason. ~<3
Usually it's a good tactic for 2 scums to have somewhat different opinions, so not to seem too alike, like they're are a team. Just saying. So you might still be 2 scumbuddies.

Anyway i'm kind of tired of arguing with you and i'll wait for the flip.

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
Sorry if it feels like we're ganging up on you, but you're the only one posting who doesn't happen to be sounding mostly town. People are just attacking the holes in your arguments, and that's how it goes sometimes.
I have tried looking at other's posts for something to argue against them about, but nothing strikes me in any of their posts. That's why I keep dropping town reads.

Usually it's a good tactic for 2 scums to have somewhat different opinions, so not to seem too alike, like they're are a team.
But we don't have different opinions. We just have different interrogation techniques. This point should actually be proving one of us are town, if not both.
You're getting pretty transparent in that you just want me and HW dead without any consideration of our alignment. If you don't want us to continue being suspicious of you, you need to drop your bias against people scumhunting and reread the thread.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
Raikarai is dead.

Serious Bananas is vanilla town.

Serious bananas has 72 hours to pass the potato.

It is now day 2. 2 passes remaining.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:19:15 PM by capt. h »

CF7

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »
Okay. Let's continue our little game.
Sorry if it feels like we're ganging up on you, but you're the only one posting who doesn't happen to be sounding mostly town. People are just attacking the holes in your arguments, and that's how it goes sometimes.
I have tried looking at other's posts for something to argue against them about, but nothing strikes me in any of their posts. That's why I keep dropping town reads.
Can you point at the holes in my arguments? Because according to you it's like a piece of cheese or something.
But we don't have different opinions. We just have different interrogation techniques. This point should actually be proving one of us are town, if not both.
You're getting pretty transparent in that you just want me and HW dead without any consideration of our alignment. If you don't want us to continue being suspicious of you, you need to drop your bias against people scumhunting and reread the thread.
You said it yourself, that one of you is probably town, or both. Or you know, if one of you is town, other might be not.
Actually i reread the thread. And i think that HW is town. On other hand you're not.
Still have to give a credit, you're pretty consistent in your "scumhunting".

CF7

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:37 PM »
I'm a bit confused about Raikaria vote, tho. There's me, who according to Zak and HW is such a good candidate for potato. And then there's Zak and HW, who according to me are good candidates for a potato. Yet he decides to do a random roll and pick mostly absent from thread as of flip townie.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
Gonna go over these 3 pages a little later. 

Why the fuck a shot was taken by RNG on a guy that didn't even have a chance to post.   

Anyway town-read on NNR so far.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
pretty much every time I've direct quoted or responded to you is regarding a hole in your arguments that I've found.
You're improving but the improvements somehow feel hollow to me. I'm not going to say exactly why or press it for right now, because I'm getting worried that our debacle is being used to drown out everyone else's voices.
Come on, don't be shy people, I would like to hear from literally anybody else besides HW. This is suppose to be an eight person game, not a three person game.

Not an Edit: The general MotK consensus is to hate day one as unfairly as possible because of how boring and random it is. Also, I'm pretty sure half the game went into this setup promising not to take it at all seriously.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
I think CF7 should really chill out. He's not under nearly as much pressure as he thinks he is. Our radioactive zombie (who is now SB) is in no way required to go with the town flow. Raikaria didn't even put down a hint of suspicion for him anyway (although that may have just been him goofing around)

If you're going to panic over "being a target" you're just going to make yourself look like an even bigger target. Relax.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

CF7

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
I'm not panicking. But yeah, i guess, this whole arguing thing kind of went out of hand. Still, got some fun out of it. Shutting up now for some time. Plus going home from work soon anyway.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 04:47:26 PM »
Sorry, school started up and I took a while to get orientated and not tired. I'll start reading now.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
Yes Prims, I was on SF but I didn't really do much compared to what I normally do :/

CF7 looks bad to me. His first post is pretty much him talking about who would talk about Raikaria rather than trying to do anything. Then he misreps Zak pretty hard and puts words in his mouth. Then he comes out with an NNR and someone else (idr who) as suspicious with no reasoning and justifies it as gut, he essentially distances himself from their flips which I don't like. He also says that he's been ganged up on, which implies that both prims and zak are scummy "Usually it's a good tactic for 2 scums to have somewhat different opinions, so not to seem too alike, like they're are a team". This was in the same post as the last comment, so he pretty much devalidated his own criticism of Prims and Zak.

Also don't like Zak for him being super sure NNR and Prims were town after a few short posts. Zak's criticism of Prims asking who Rai would shoot is also pretty shoddy, it feels like he's reacting as if Prims was telling him to shoot now, rather than just talk through his suspicions.

Shadoweh saying that people are being jerks to CF7 isn't good, she kind of defends him but at the same time doesn't really give a read on him, or any reasoning. Or suspicions.

I get bad vibes from AD's reaction to me getting shot, feels kinda forced.

CF7 dwarfs everyone else as far as my scumreads go, AD being the lowest and the other two somewhere in the middle.

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
Shadoweh saying that people are being jerks to CF7 isn't good, she kind of defends him but at the same time doesn't really give a read on him, or any reasoning. Or suspicions.
yea

i also think her attack on me looked like an attempt to see if something would stick especially since she contradicted spamming the thread making me scummy next post

to answer CF7's question, no I'm not worried, because I think you'll flip scum and even if you don't people gotta take RISKS in this game. otherwise town just no lynches all day and nobody gets shit done

NNR do you think CF7 is town? Who do you think is mafia?

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2013, 10:46:59 PM »
seriously NNR if you have time to dress up in catgirl fedoras you have time to post in mafia you fukn nerd

Shadoweh

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
Excuse me can you give me the potato to pass to prism.
Thanks in advance.

Shadoweh

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 11:22:14 PM »
I would start practicing my pass potato to huh what but capth would shoot me instead, no mod hax allowed.
Seriously though huh what scum best effort. I don' care too much about CF7, he's just a newbie that you're bossing around. Moreover, you're not really doing much to convince the gunholder to shoot him, just kind of pointing out how scummy he is. In a game where all you have to do to win as scum is make other people look worse then you, that works really well. Get mud on everyone else without ever having to engage the person shooting. Tell me how me asking someone for their opinion is scummy again? Or stating a fact, ie 'you are all being jerks for calling everything a newbie said in his first post scummy'.

I could not possibly give any less shits if you want to call me scum this game because it means I'LL GET TO KILL YOU DEAD

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
i am ok being passed the potato so i can shoot shadoweh without having to debate this shit with her 8)

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 11:49:30 PM »
I don' care too much about CF7, he's just a newbie that you're bossing around.
except his play is also scummy, moreso if you contrast it with his play last game. btw it's incredibly easy to take a position of "this guy is just a newbie" without explaining why his actions aren't scummy or townie, especially when you're scum

Moreover, you're not really doing much to convince the gunholder to shoot him, just kind of pointing out how scummy he is. In a game where all you have to do to win as scum is make other people look worse then you, that works really well. Get mud on everyone else without ever having to engage the person shooting.
...except by explaining why cf7 is scummy i am presenting a case for the potato holder to shoot him on.

you are doing the same thing by telling me why i'm scum instead of trying to convince sb to shoot me. zakeri is also not telling the potato holder to shoot CF7 and he's not scummy for it either. this is not a reason to find somebody scummy in this game. you are proving my point that you are just make shit up to see if it'll stick though

Tell me how me asking someone for their opinion is scummy again? Or stating a fact, ie 'you are all being jerks for calling everything a newbie said in his first post scummy'.
stating a fact is scummy when it's information over analysis. you commented on how newb cf7 is without committing to a defense of him or explaining what the intent in his actions was. SB explained this already and he's right

i want shadoweh dead over cf7 now because that post was terrible and shadoweh doesn't even have a newb excuse for it. aside from her handwaving the suspicions on cf7, her case is contrived as hell, all she has is fake conviction to look like she's TOWN CARING but her reasons for finding me scummy are half irrelevant and half reactive

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
i am ok being passed the potato so i can shoot shadoweh without having to debate this shit with her 8)
wait actually, when I posted I thought you just told SB to pass me the potato

but i re-read the post and you told him to give you the potato first?? when you were just talking about how you find it scummy to not be trying to convince the potato holder to shoot your target?? ??? Faking Towntells imo