Author Topic: Popcorn Mob Redux (Game over- Town wins)  (Read 28087 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
I wonder if Raikaria is going to pull one of those stints where he basically doesn't post until he's decided
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
Eh?

No, Raikaria is pulling one of these stints where he forgets about the thread :V Raikaria is also talking in the 3rd person for some reason.

Raikaria thought we were just lobbing the spud for giggles, at least on D1. Raikaria is generally useless ED!, unless you guys want a crazy conspiracy theory from Raikaria on ED1.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
unless you guys want a crazy conspiracy theory from Raikaria on ED1.
Go nuts.
It's not like you're not confirmed town.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
At least make a game of it if you're going to be derpy about who's head to bap.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »
zak, why is nnr town? to answer dan i don't have a read on him. cf7 taking zak's post as an attack looks self-conscious and i'd shoot him the most rn

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
Raikaria's crazy theory is that we should sniff every person for the scent of potatoes. We should also check for Irish accents, because potatoes are Irish.

Let's avoid any unfortunate connotations with exploding potatoes and Irish extremists.

Actually, Raikaria might replace 'Mafia' with 'IRA' in this game.

That's Raikaria's crazy theory. The mafia is actually the IRA, and not an Italian crime group, and they smell of potatoes, possibly from failed attempts at making potato bombs. Unfortunetly there's not enough for even Raikaria to make a crazy theory about players yet.

Alternatively to the mafia actually being the IRA and using Potato Bombs, Raikaria thinks Minoriko might be annoyed at all of us.

It's one or the other. Take your pick.

And yes, Raikaria is having fun with this 3rd person crazy random ranting.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
I dunno about HW but I'm still mad at Dan for ruining everything before

O come off it.

That was an amazing success of a reaction test.  Only problem is that it worked on the mod

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 08:29:27 PM »
O come off it.

That was an amazing success of a reaction test.  Only problem is that it worked on the mod

Raikaria for one was not amused by the outcome. There is such a thing as working too well.

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »
raikaria: who are you most inclined to shoot from the current posts?

CF7's buddy is shadoweh who is too disappointed she rolled scum to make a post in a timely manner. game cracked open

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »
CF7's buddy is shadoweh who is too disappointed she rolled scum to make a post in a timely manner. game cracked open
Fun. I guess i'm just good at making people seeing me as scum. But you're wrong. No idea about Shadoweh being my buddy, tho. Or being buddy at all.
This D1 groping in the dark is not fun. /cap
And so far there're 2 sort of "attacks" on me. Zak and HW. They might be scum buddies. =)

Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »

Raikaria sees how this is a trick question, as Raikaria does not have a gun to shoot with.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
However if Raikaria had a gun, your attempt at a trick question would make Raikaria answer you, simply for that factor. However, Raikaria does not have a gun, or a potato, so you need not fear.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »
you're just lapping it up. aren't you.

man what I wouldn't give for a shadoweh post

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
The mafia pick a player to be the first gunbearer.
The gunbearer's alignment is revealed (can be either town or scum).
The town discuss amongst themselves, and the gunbearer picks someone to target by posting ##shoot Elmo or similar.
The gunbearer dies and the target becomes the new gunbearer.
Repeat until all mafia are dead, or the mafia's numbers equal the non-gunbearing townies.
destroyed

CF7 how does finding you scummy equate to being scum.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
To HW.
Um... Sorry my english fails me, but it's well... Basically scum sort of force lynch on some other player. And here's how it went in my head.
First Zak says that i'm not town for my first post. I reply to him. He says i'm suspicious, but not too suspicios. So he kind of left me be. Then you came. Said that my reaction was self-consios, so i'm a scum and we should shoot me asap.
Something like that.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:28 PM »
Basically scum sort of force lynch on some other player.

The problem with this, though, is that Town also try to force the lynch on other player's too.
I'll give you points for trying to explain your reasoning, but you didn't really make any connection between the events and why scum would do them (Other than the part I quoted which is really a null-tell).

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:24 PM »

I don't know if Raikaria was touching upon this in his response, but this feels a little too early to ask of a confirmed town. Especially since this post is also calling out Shadoweh for not having made a post.
There's plenty of time for Raikaria to color our perceptions of each other and cover our respective butts after we gain the ability to perceive each other.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
I was asleep and working after that, hold your horses :V It takes proper time and effort to fake a post that seems SUPER TOWN
Just kidding of course I got three vanilla town pm's, because Dan thought sending me one wasn't suffering enough. I'm gonna eat before deciding who to potato though, I am super hungry.

For the record I support NNR's plan of nuking Dan with potatoes except then he would get to have the potato which would make him have too much fun. >:<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »
Obviously we should wait until after we hit our first mafioso to policy lynch Dan.
of course, this is all a part of my secret plan, which is to put off policy lynching dan until it's too late to take policy lynches seriously and end up having to evaluate his actions like with everyone else.

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
For the record I support NNR's plan of nuking Dan with potatoes except then he would get to have the potato which would make him have too much fun. >:<
^ scumsliP????? ^

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »
@zak: if the guy with a gun threatens a player and they react then that has more weight than a normal reaction. and reactions are cool when you only have one scumread and it's kind of weak

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
also zak are you going to explain why nnr is town

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
It doesn't work if the reaction has a good chance of being "But I haven't even posted anything meaningful yet."

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »
also zak are you going to explain why nnr is town
Mostly gut based off of application of AoE.

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 11:00:01 PM »
*AtE

I don't think NNR is leveled up enough to use Mazan yet.

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »
id argue the way they go about saying that could be telling though

i still don't like CF7 since i think in this game "you guys are scummy for attacking me" carries the implication of "don't get me shot because i'm town and i will shoot you too and you will lose two townies!!!" which is passive-aggressive and bad, especially when his reasons to back it up don't really flow

this is like my only opinion other than some townreads. sb has been around on sf though, did he flake???

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »
I'm just saying we'd get better results from the reaction closer to deadline, when people are more likely to be worried about getting the lynch in.

not going to take credit for observation on CF7, but it does explain why the omgus struck a chord with me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 02:54:32 AM »
Players have been prodded.

Please post once every 24 hours to confirm intent to continue playing. Post need not be long, merely confirm active player status.

Approximately 48 hours remaining.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 02:55:31 AM »
There's a difference now since all it takes is Raikaria, there isn't a real lynch to worry about scrambling five people.
I agree that threatening people at gunpoint is the best thing though.

Also that huh what is scum for spamming up the thread, also if he's town he would make the best shot anyways. Basically there is no con to shooting huh what. Response?  :smug:

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
Also that huh what is scum for spamming up the thread, also if he's town he would make the best shot anyways. Basically there is no con to shooting huh what. Response?  :smug:
would unironically agree but you could just shoot cf7 and skip the me dying part

also i spam the thread as town more than scum i think...... dont even remember my own meta