Author Topic: Popcorn Mob Redux (Game over- Town wins)  (Read 28141 times)

Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 3)
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »
I'm lazy and find mocking Prims funny.
meanwhile you wear bowler hats with cat ears on them irl LMAO!!!!!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
I display my cat-eared bowler hat proudly in public, I'll have you know
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2013, 12:21:26 AM »
Non-players are reminded to refrain from posting discussion in this thread. Any non-game relevant discussion may be done in the general RPG mafia thread here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15356.0.html

56.5 hours remain in the day.

Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130911T05&p0=867

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
Shadoweh wanted to die so she could take HW with her! She must be scum with him!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2013, 01:02:58 AM »
Shortening game day by 32 hours.

From now on, scum only get 24 hours to pass the gun.

Day ends in 24 hours.

Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130909T21&p0=12
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:05:00 AM by capt. h »

« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »
mod bias smh

Shadoweh

« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »
THE FUN ENDS HERE
JUST GIVE ME THE POTATO YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2013, 02:19:17 AM »
im shooting between you, zak, vhaltz, cf7 and nnr. not sure which yet

« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2013, 06:10:28 AM »
im not reading vhaltz's posts and i highly recommend everybody else does the same.

I'm not reading Hw's confirmed scum posts and I highly recommend everybody else does the same.

Barely skimmed latest posts but one quick thing that popped in my head last night before I go to work

I think it's in everyone's best interests to shoot Shadoweh if HW doesn't.

Mostly because She's least likely to be town at this point, but also because if she is scum I just want to laugh at both of the mafia and tell them they've got nothing on me and Roukanken.

Could you elaborate on this?

Shadoweh

« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »
Let me try and translate.
"I am scum and my butt hurts, so I'm going to suggest you shoot the most obviously town person left alive."

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
Zak pretty much confirmed his scumminess by his #164.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
I have a few things to comment on about recent posts but I think it's best that I withhold it for now.

Could you give your case on Zak, Shadoweh? In general I'd still like to see actual cases now that there's a flip, imo the different game style should be no excuse to just go "SHOOT THIS GUY HE IS CLEARLY SCUM BECAUSE I SAY SO" anymore when we're at this point.

Will be doing more rereading in a bit, I need lunch.

« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
CF7 isn't scum because he has the hopeless newbie getting picked on by scum in order to waste a lynch thing now that HW has flipped mafia.
Dan/Vhalz also has something similar with the attempt at trying to push Dan for scum for what is basically a misrep of his words.

NNR and Shadoweh don't have these things, despite Shadoweh's attempts at trying to emulate it.
The thing is that Shadoweh becomes incredibly suspicious if HW doesn't shoot her because they have this fake vitol thing going on with one another. The focus point is their claims that if they get shot, they'd obviously shoot each other without even a second though. This is a pretty childish way of trying to get people to think they can't be working together.

The thing is if you take their claim at face value, it kind of falls apart. Scum can make that claim on other scum without even breaking a sweat because if they get shot, they'd flip anyways. Once they flip mafia like HW has, they no longer have to honor any commitments they made as town to shoot whoever they said they would. HW was in this position and so far he's been more talk than show, and Shadoweh is also going down that very same path.

NNR is also guilty of it, but it's different in that he didn't start until HW flipped which implies that he didn't have a role pm that confirmed he was scum
In short: They're both suspicious because they talk shit and don't get fit.

« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »
Okay so I didn't want to actively reply for Zakeri or defend him because my townread on him is pretty WIFOM-y and not solid, and I wanted to see where he'd go about the pseudovotes on his shot, but now that he's replied I'll post what I was thinking about before because Shadoweh and CF7's last posts there irk me pretty hard. Imma quote a small thing because I mention Hw and WIFOM several times.

CF7 isn't scum because he has the hopeless newbie getting picked on by scum in order to waste a lynch thing now that HW has flipped mafia.
Dan/Vhalz also has something similar with the attempt at trying to push Dan for scum for what is basically a misrep of his words.

Hw is totally somebody who would purposely try to set up his interactions with scumpartners to be unexpected and WIFOM-y, though. I'm pretty hesitant to clear players based on Hw interactions because of this.

Okay so back to Shadoweh/CF7. Both of them are singling this Zak post out with "he's a scumlord shoot it" conviction which is ???. CF7's only previous suspicion on Zak was due to him ganging up on him with, and Shadoweh I elaborate on in a minute.  It's just specially worrisome when both were around last night after Zak made his post, they focused on other things then, and only now called it to attention as a -scum motivated as hell- post after I pointed it out myself. I wasn't even intending to point it out a particularly scummy post, I just wanted to know what the explanation was for the sudden read I barely remember him commenting on before other than the offchance "PoE: CF7 and/or Shadoweh might be scum".

----

Shadoweh seems particularly odd. I just started my rereads by doing a Shadoweh ISO and she seems to just be throwing an OMGUS tantrum ever since Zak called her scum in mid D2, I don't remember Shadoweh ever being this aggressively tunnel-y before and it reads like survival play rather than conviction... except she was begging to be shot several times throughout the game. Her latest post doesn't make much sense becayse why the hell would Zak!scum use the thread as a QT to tell Hw who to shoot? He could be trying to misdirect the next townvig's shot, sure, but the same could be applied to all living players calling for shots with little to no reasoning provided (read Zak, CF7, Shadoweh). I have several gunhanding theories and possible scum intent behind the recent shot directings, but posting them while Hw is still alive to pass the potato would be stupid.
I really don't know what to think of Shadoweh because on one hand I don't think Hw's reactions were staged, but on the other Shadoweh's posts read really odd and my gut says she could be scum who really didn't like getting along with Hw in the QT. It's like her way with words and her actions aren't matching up logically in my head if that makes any sense. If you're town it'd be helpful it if you calmed down a bit because the :upset: in many of your posts is making you very hard to read.

----

I'm rereading CF7 now and I'm feeling the whole townread paranoia thing could've been staged. I mean that Zak jump was really opportunistic and even I remembered without rereading that he had dropped his ED1 OMGUS right away. Not only that, but he dropped him and Hw early in the game and even called both Zak and Hw town. He then pursued other targets (Dan, NNR) while ignoring Zak with no further mention of him, until just now where the wording in his post is along the lines of "See? I told you Zak was scum all along", which makes it seem like he already had a case on Zak that he is hereby confirming so that the sheeping into the wagon doesn't seem random/uninformed. He did this same thing where he forgot his reads last game, and he jumped on wagons using buzzwords with image of the case being a priority over its logical content.
I believe the play that cemented the earlier townread I had on him is more likely to have been staged with Hw's aid than Shadoweh's exchange with Hw D2 even if she sounds odd. I mean if you're scum, pushing your scumpartner in ED1 with an ED1 strong case means probably very few people are going to sheep it all the way onto the end of D1, he most likely wouldn't become a viable lynch choice, and it's easy for the partner to just post actively a little to shake it off midD1. Hw's logic to call CF7 town and focus on other players (Shadoweh, Dan) didn't seem to amount to anything other than "his posts look better now" so I'm thinking this could be a not-so-crazy strategy coming from him.

At least much more likely than scum gambitting by calling to get shot so they can shoot their scumbuddy. I think Shadoweh is probably town because what if she were actually shot? I don't know how Shadoweh!scum would've tried to pull off shooting someone other than Hw if she had actually been shot and flipped scum, because it would've obviously called a lot of attention onto Hw if she didn't actually shoot hypothetical Town!Hw after the ragey exchange. If Hw/Shadoweh scumteam were really gambitting that freaking hard when it didn't even look like any of the two were likely to get shot at that point (iirc) I'd just throw my hands up in the air and suck the loss because that would be the most insane scum game ever.

----

So from townest to scummiest Shadoweh (town) > Zak (??) > other two. I have no idea how to priorize when it comes to NNR/CF7 because while I think CF7 is likely to be scum NNR is just lurking like a mofo and it's giving me bad vibes. Putting this out now because it's already freaking long but I still have to reread Zak.

« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »
hm well zak has me convinced i shouldnt shoot shadoweh. thanks

« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
Hw is totally somebody who would purposely try to set up his interactions with scumpartners to be unexpected and WIFOM-y, though. I'm pretty hesitant to clear players based on Hw interactions because of this.
confirmed: vhaltz is mafia trying to avoid being PoE'd

« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »
##Shoot: CF7

ive been explaining wyh hes mafia the entire game, not sure how he's still alive??

Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
I ended up taking a nap.

I was going to say Zak's reread didn't turn up anything at all but I was probably just too damn sleepy when ISOing him first time around.

How does this post turn into this one? I mean there's how you said your scumread on Shadoweh was lessening/turning into a townread and you couldn't see anybody as a potential scumbuddy for Hw other than maybe NNR.

This somehow turned into Shadoweh being Hw's scumbuddy for some reason after he flipped. I gather you think they were gambitting? why do you think that's the case?

Aside from that I can't really find anything else scummy in his posts. All of his way of proceeding through the CF7 ordeal and his content posts read genuine enough, I don't think scum would apologize to the townie they're picking on and tell them it's just the game works, he was basically coaching him in thread to help him get out of his bad situation if he were town, which would be really counter-productive for scum trying to get him shot. Either way I'm still wary of him, it probably has something to do with how he apparently thinks insane bussing among Shadoweh/Hw is low quality scumplay compared to his own scumplay.

Cut
I might second guess myself at some point because of shot WIFOM but I'm pretty sure it's game if we shoot NNR/Zak. NNR has been proddodging/barely contributing for the last four whole days, it's mostly a lurker shot but if he isn't scum then it must be Zak.

« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »
I mean not sure how self-centered this idea is but it's entirely possible that Hw shot someone other than Shadoweh so that I'd want to shoot the other two while Shadoweh!scumbuddy rolls along with it to the win. I'm just not seeing them as scum together, but ugh.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
Huh What is dead.

CF7 has received the potato. 72 hours remain in the day.

Tomorrow will be Lylo in the event of a miss.

Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130912T18&p0=777

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
Weird choice, CF7 was pretty far from the towniest player remaining.

Oh well, guess that narrows things down a little.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:40 PM »
To be fair, HW has been scumcalling more or less everyone, so I doubt he would have had much problem giving anyone the potato (other then the remaining scum)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »
let's face it shadoweh

if px had shot you

you probably wouldn't have targeted me 8)
Shadoweh is probably scum. Not because of this post exactly, but because the content of the post is probably dead on.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
Also in general Shadoweh, like HW, hasn't really been taking the game seriously at all, and Shadoweh mysteriously vanished from HW's top scumreads after awhile, even though Shadoweh's play has been pretty awful.

Shadoweh

« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2013, 12:54:49 AM »
It is almost like I was calling him out on some scummy shit he was doing and he wanted to backtrack. I'm frankly not sure what all of your problems are. Then again no one thought I was townie for demanding Affinity get vigged either. <_< What the fuck ever, but you're all making it super hard to figure out who to give the potato to when I get it.

Vhaltz, don't drink the kool-aid. You don't have the potato, so unless CF7 wants to shoot you I doubt huh what took your thoughts too far under advisement. It seems more likely he thought of the Zak to Shadoweh path for a loss though. Which implies Zak is town.

Neko considering I got scum shot while you were talking about how awful my play was I suggest you eat your kitty bowler hat. I was quite serious earlier talking about why huh what was being scummy. Do tell me how me not taking it 'seriousry' is me being scum, because your argument sounds like SHADOWEH IS WEIRD LET'S POTATO HER.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »
You didn't "get scum shot", it's more like you spent the entire game screaming "I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU HW!!!!!!!!!!" without any real basis behind why he should be shot.

Shadoweh

« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2013, 04:24:17 AM »
Except for those posts where I laid out why he should die. On the other side, I committed myself to shooting my partner. This is scummy because (?) Protip scum usually try to include more reasons to shoot people who aren't themselves, especially when there's just two of them.

« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
I was writing something but no time to complete so I'll post it in a few hours. Gotta run to practicals, if lucky I might have a few chances to take a peek at the thread and mull things over.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:23 AM »
I have mountains of work to be done. If you want me to pass potato to whomever i came up with i can do it now. Or i can give you my reasoning before potatoing, but it will take some time to write and i need some time (likely a couple hours or maybe more) to sort all this work out. So most likely this will have to wait for ~5 hours.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Shadoweh

« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2013, 08:04:27 AM »
Does the reasoning matter if you've already made up your mind? You should give last reads in case you're wrong, but if you catch scum we win, and they'll get to talk once they get the potato.