Author Topic: Post Restriction Mafia  (Read 19996 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Post Restriction Mafia
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
Post Restriction Mafia
Welcome to Post Restriction Mafia, a game where everyone but Scum is post-restricted.

RUURUU
Days last 48 hours because there's only five players. We don't need that much time, yo.

Night 1 lasts 24 hours. Night 2 does not exist because you'll have won (or lost).

Breaking your post restriction will result in modkill.

Editing posts is allowed. Retro-active votes will not be accounted for in mod votecounts.

Obviously, No Outside Contact.

No one can act at night, with the exception of Mafia for a kill.

Town must lynch every day. Scum must kill every night. This means the game will last 2 Days, for a maximum of 5 IRL days. If a lynch occurs before the deadline, extraneous hours can be called upon for a deadline extension. (Ending 15 minutes before deadline yields nothing, ending 15 hours before gives 15 bonus hours for an extension.)

To ensure a fair playing environment, you are expressly forbidden from sharing the specifics of your post restrictions. You are, however, allowed to guess at others' post restrictions. If someone guesses your post restriction exactly right, you are allowed to confirm they are correct. You must firmly deny in every other instance, like you'd deny that gross 300lb 50-year-old otaku when he asks to touch his tralala.

Players are asked to exercise Reasonable Consideration when posting. Any malicious acts, at my sole discretion, will be punished by mod kill. Harassment, verbal abuse and other toxic acts will be reported to forum moderation in addition to elimination.

Example post restriction guaranteed not to be in the game: (but representative of the type)

Every post must include one pun. Puns may be lame, but must be recognisable.

You must call every player -senpai. Bonus points if you're noticed.

SIGN-UPS:
1. Dormio
2. DNAbc
3. Serela
4. Patorikku
5. PX

Role PMs are being sent out over the next hour, wait warmly and confirm here when you've received one.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: Post Restriction Mafia
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Seuss
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
But this is not one of those times. I'm ready to go.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »
/confirm

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »
confirmed :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:45:13 PM »
Steps to starting a game
-Make a thread
-Read Role PM
-/confirm
-Start Day 1

Bardiche

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 12:16:45 AM »
Pro-note: once DNAbc confirms, you may actually commence with the Day without awaiting my say-so or post. Time will start running from the very first real game post, and will last for 48 hours (some additional time if the Day end is at a time I'd be asleep).

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 03:52:16 AM »
Hey! I am so l@dy for some mafia! Lets go merrily figure out the criminal!
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Bardiche

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
Day Phase has now officially begun, and will end in 48 hours from this point onward.

You have all been gathered in a small, square room following the murder of detective Ford. All of you have been frequenters of his office, and all of you had some connection to the man. This, apparently, is enough to label you as suspicious. In an attempt to weed out the criminal, you're expected to send out one person for interrogation by majority vote. Whoever is sent out will most certainly not come back to the small room.

Knowing that one of you is the murderer, it's in your best interest to send out the murderer immediately. After all, small square room, you're going to be spending two days there... anything could happen.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:37:45 AM by Bardiche »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Day start/end a half hour or so before I generally wake up  :getdown:

Okay, so, I probably don't forget how to do this. Probably.

##Vote DNAbc What do you mean you're "lady" for some mafia?!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
##Vote Serela

The extra quotation mark at the end of Selery's post triggers me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
I WAS TEMPTED TO MAKE USE OF MY NEWFOUND EDITING POWERS
BUT IT WASN'T WORTH IT ;_;
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:58:24 PM by Serela »

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 03:12:46 PM »
The extra quotation mark at the end of Selery's post triggers me.
##Vote Dormio

You got a problem with quotation marks?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 11:11:21 PM »
It seems my good pal Detective Ford has died and I'm on a quest to figure out his murderer. And it seems someone doesn't like good punctuation.
##Vote Patrikku

-I could view edited posts with my mod powers, but I'm refraining in fairness. (I'll view them after the game and laugh)
-Editing posts is silly, why would you want to do that?
-I have work tonight and tomorrow so I won't be around at deadline
-Extra quotation mark also triggers me. What the heck Serela
-And for good measure
##Vote Patorikku

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
I don't have any problem with quotations marks as a concept, Patrick.
It's when they're used incorrectly, like what Selery has done in his first post, that I get quite annoyed by them.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 11:43:42 PM »
Well in any case, perhaps we should actually get this game started.
I WAS TEMPTED TO MAKE USE OF MY NEWFOUND EDITING POWERS
BUT IT WASN'T WORTH IT ;_;
Day start/end a half hour or so before I generally wake up  :getdown:
If I had to take a guess, Serela, does your PR require you to post one emoticon or smiley face within each post you make?

Cut by 1

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
-Editing posts is silly, why would you want to do that?
-Extra quotation mark also triggers me. What the heck Serela
THIS IS APPARENTLY WHY ONE WOULD EDIT POSTS

...what's that Patorikku? Hmm, let's see...
To ensure a fair playing environment, you are expressly forbidden from sharing the specifics of your post restrictions. You are, however, allowed to guess at others' post restrictions. If someone guesses your post restriction exactly right, you are allowed to confirm they are correct. You must firmly deny in every other instance, like you'd deny that gross 300lb 50-year-old otaku when he asks to touch his tralala.
YEP! You're right! Congratulations!

With that in mind, you get three guesses why I edited that last post and the second two don't count. >_>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 01:08:13 AM »
(to be fair I probably would have made most of those emoticons anyways, except for one- I'd go back to add one in and be like "Oh wait it's already there.")

I'm just that kind of person :D

...THAT'S GOOD BECAUSE I'M ALSO A FORGETFUL KIND OF PERSON. (At this rate someone would have guessed all-caps if not emoticons.)

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 01:09:13 AM »
How could you forget your PR so quickly?

##Unvote
##Vote Serela
##Vote Serela

-Wood defeats Earth and empowers Fire
-Fire defeats Metal and empowers Earth
-Earth defeats Water and empowers Metal
-Metal defeats Wood and empowers Water
-Water defeats Fire and empowers Wood

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 01:13:41 AM »
So I have a question for Patrick:
Why did you guess at Serely's post restriction so quickly?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »
PX, let's not forget I've been modkilled like twice for messing up my PRs. >_>

I'm just lucky this one is something I -already- do in a ton of my posts.

But that's a pretty understandable reaction so I can't vote you for it. Hmmm. Scumhunting might be sorta tricky in a two-day game where scum has no buddy. Kind of like hunting for a ITP.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 01:28:43 AM »
So I have a question for Patrick:
Why did you guess at Serely's post restriction so quickly?
Ultimately, just to get the game in motion. I wasn't actually expecting to get it EXACTLY right the first time, though, which is bothering me. My thinking was that scum wouldn't know the exact extent of the PRs, so if I kept my guess loose and Serela told me I was wrong despite no other clear pattern in posting, then it'd be safer to assume Serela was town. But uh, I think I'm overestimating the value I can make from PR right now, and perhaps the complexity of them as well. :ohdear:

Of course, the other part of it was to actually get some discussion going and to jump start us out of RVS. At least that much seems to be working.

Cut by 1

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 01:34:14 AM »
Of course, there's also this little tidbit:
I'm just lucky this one is something I -already- do in a ton of my posts.
This is making me suspicious af. I really wanna believe your PR ended up like that by pure happenstance.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 01:43:08 AM »
Let's -not- vote me just based on my PR being emoticons :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 01:56:30 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Patorikku

Patrick's post#21 is really scummy in my eyes.
I really don't like how he puts suspicion on Selera over something that is almost impossible to prove, bar getting Selery to break his PR and seeing whether or not he dies.
I also really don't like the non-committal attitude where Patrick says that he really wishes that it was simply chance while still claiming that Serale is suspicious for that reason.
I don't really see any reason for Patriarch to gauge interest in a Celery lynch like that unless he's scum looking for potential D1 lynch targets.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 02:14:38 AM »
Dormio is your PR spelling everyone's names wrong?? I didn't bat an eye until I realized you spelled my name differently every time and then I realized you're doing the same thing with Patorikku.

PX, is your PR writing out 5-point bulletlists?

(I CALLS EM AS I SEES EM, may as well get it out of the way when stuff like PX's is pretty hard to not see)

I haven't the slightest idea what Patorikku's is, yet, though. Also, I'm going to bed pretty soon.

Dormio has pretty good points, but- OKAY NO. No. I'm going to do my best not to babble too much with WIFOM this game if it's just about the fact that 4v1 game scumhunting is weird and the scum is going to be like a survivor or ITP SK. I've already said it's going to be awkward and I'm gonna leave it at that rather than complain about it constantly >:T *HEAVY SIGH* Okay. Bedtime.

...but after giving it a last thinkover, really, Dormio's case isn't that bad at all even after accounting for meta garbage. I'd elaborate more but to be entirely blunt I'd just be rephrasing what he just said there. Just KEEP IN MIND THIS IS L-1 ALREADY, we don't normally reach l-1 in two votes on d1 :V:V
##Unvote
##Vote Pa-wait someone didn't rvs jokevote him right lemme check that

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 02:17:09 AM »
AHAHAHA YEAH PX ALREADY VOTED HIM IT'S A GOOD THING I BACKSPACED THE VOTE AND CHECKED BEFORE ACTUALLY DOING IT

That would have been one awwwwwkward d2.

So yeah I'm just gonna...
leave that unvoted
yeah.
?_(◕‿◕✿)_/?

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 02:20:38 AM »
Patrick's post#21 is really scummy in my eyes.
I really don't like how he puts suspicion on Selera over something that is almost impossible to prove, bar getting Selery to break his PR and seeing whether or not he dies.
I also really don't like the non-committal attitude where Patrick says that he really wishes that it was simply chance while still claiming that Serale is suspicious for that reason.
I don't really see any reason for Patriarch to gauge interest in a Celery lynch like that unless he's scum looking for potential D1 lynch targets.
You make a fair point. My suspicion is on the fact that the post restriction is already something Serela is well known for doing in the first place, but I can't prove one way or the other if it's an actual PR or a PR that was convenient enough for scum!Serela to use as their fake PR. I wouldn't immediately drop a vote on someone over that.
You seem to be putting a lot of weight on that one point, however. I don't intend on starting up a lynch on anyone without more info. I'd at least like to get some discussion going before dropping down an actual vote.

Speaking of which,

##Unvote

Cut by 2

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 02:23:53 AM »
Well.

There is one thing that'd give me pause about voting Patorikku.

Would he really say he may be overestimating "the complexity of them as well" about the PRs if he's scum and therefore definitely doesn't know? Yeah it's wifom I know, but. <.<

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 02:25:10 AM »
Dormio is your PR spelling everyone's names wrong?? I didn't bat an eye until I realized you spelled my name differently every time and then I realized you're doing the same thing with Patorikku.
I would not have caught that either, mainly because most of the misspells are my real name. :x

In any case, I'm hoping we get to hear from DNA soon on his feelings about all this.

Cut by 1

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 02:27:42 AM »
The only thing I could possibly see in Patorikku's is a compulsion to claim haven been cut by any post made remotely close to his own. ( ゚,_ゝ゚)