Author Topic: [Diablo 3] In anticipation of May 15...  (Read 64883 times)

Re: [Diablo 3] In anticipation of May 15...
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Diablo 3 is now out in Europe, so if you're inclined to wh- err, beg for a EU guest pass to be able to play earlier than you're supposed to, go ahead. And also, obviously we're all jealous of you Europeans and Asians. :V Well, unless you're one of the poor Australians who preordered from GAME only for GAME to go into administration there (And it seems like pretty much all branches are going that way, too).

Only less than 12 hours in NA until Diablo 3 actually lets you play on US servers.

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:34 AM »
Curses for having to be at work at launch time!!!

Oh well, at least my copy's installed >.<

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 07:08:35 AM »
Sadly I should've gone to sleep but I can't for some reason, since this is the same exact as the first hour of the launches in the other regions. Endless error 37s ftw as well as hanging on char selection.

Merp

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
Obviously beating Error 37 is the first quest.

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
And even if you pass that, there's the countless error 30005-30008s as well as things like can't create hero due to party state. What a fucking fun quest. :V

EDIT: I think it's time for all these people trying to login to the servers all at the same time to go to bed, most have downgraded to error 37.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:53:51 AM by rizul98 »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »
Also, I just realized the Australian servers are also in USA so we're also competing with Australians trying to login. This seems like a stupid move mechanically speaking.

You would think Blizzard would have managed the launch day better especially since they actually had this disastrous launch before with WoW. I think it's time for me to head to bed, no point to trying to login at the moment.

EDIT: They finally let me in.  :dealwithit:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:32:38 AM by rizul98 »

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
Still anxiously waiting for my copy of D3 to come in the post... :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
Those Error 37's, that's personally a good sign for now, that i need to focus on my exams than getting distracted and play D3.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »
Okay, what the hell is wrong with you people... or with this game... I only played the beta, but it was mildly entertaining. And now people rate the full game 3,9/10? Can someone explain that to me? I call bullspit on those reviews for now. We'll see about them next week or so.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:33:55 PM by /cardinalshaft_central/ »

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
To be fair, most of these are most likely trolls/idiots, and you have to remember that it's metacritic so you can feel free to ignore a majority of the user reviews there.

Also, remember this is also part of the fanbase where all these idiots cancelled their preorders over... a Feat of Strength (useless achievement) that you got for being in closed beta.

Merp

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »
This is me when im playing my monk :v
http://youtu.be/y9anHFTU2J0?t=3s

Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
Also, remember this is also part of the fanbase where all these idiots cancelled their preorders over... a Feat of Strength (useless achievement) that you got for being in closed beta.
I got an achievement for beating the closed beta? Wait, that was open beta, nevermind.
Yeah, I read some of these reviews and those guys are obviously usually swinging between the two extremes: "best game evar 10 out of 10" and "requires constant internet connection to play and also something about the actual game... 0/10".
Though to be fair, that "have to be online at all times to play this game" thing might or might not be troublesome, and/or heavy on the bandwidth. My flatmate has got his copy of the game already (apparently playing as the demon huntress) and we share the network, but I did not notice any serious download speed slowdown on my end, and he wasn't complaining. Gotta give Activision Blizz credit for that if it can be run without eating up all of your internets.
Diabolo Number Three is out. I really want to save the Sanctuary from whatever ass-pulled villain beset it (seriously, haven't we murdered all three Prime Evils in cold blood and erased their very souls in D2?), but I feel that it could pose a distraction from the upcoming exams. And well, it is really expensive around here, but I liked the open beta so much I think I'll get it sometime later.

I am really curious about that one part... Will I really still have that monk I created back in open beta if I buy the full game? And are the nicknames unique, meaning no two characters can have the same name?
Because I named my monk Bruce. A really lame name, I obviously had Bruce Lee on my mind when thinking up a name. I was actually surprised that the game did not protest against it like it would in World of Warcraft, saying that "this name is already taken". Could it be that through some twisted sort of luck my idea was so lame it wrapped around all the way back to original and this will actually be the only Bruce on the server? Food for thought.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:38:45 PM by /cardinalshaft_central/ »

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
On the nicknames part, I named all of my created characters Thilk. So uh, no, nicknames aren't unique at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the open beta characters will still be in full retail games, but I might be wrong on that, so don't take my word for it.

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
Nope my open beta character wasn't in the game.

My monk's named BruiseLee. Heh

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2012, 12:49:42 AM »
My asshat roommate is playing it in the next room with the volume turned up. 

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 05:01:25 AM »
That feeling when I can't play while all my buddies in South Korea are on the server, laughing at me :ohdear:
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
Good news, Delta.

Look in your game options - click the account button, change region to Europe, be glad global play exists... except for one thing:

What you did in one region server doesn't carry over to another server. Which is stupid as hell, imo.

EDIT: Good news, American/New Zeland/Australian servers are up as of 2:28 AM EST.

EDIT2: For all of you who want to create so much more builds: Options -> Gameplay -> Elective Mode. This is important.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:07:24 AM by rizul98 »

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
@rizul
Lol it worked out well, but yeah the servers were back up. Thx for the info though :3
Time to watch warmly as my grades go down a slippery slope...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:56:12 PM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
The only thing that should go down is its price. I have to pay the equivalent of $80 for it here.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
The only thing that should go down is its price. I have to pay the equivalent of $80 for it here.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 09:45:41 PM »
'Bout to beat Normal, then on to Nightmare.  Wizards are great fun.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
Just about to start Act 4. Plot is predictable as, well, as hell, but at least it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the game. Unlike a certain other Blizzard game that's springing to mind...

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:53 AM »
So they finally found the secret "cow" level. Except there's unicorns, teddy bears, and other happy stuff for you to kill and make them bleed. :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BgOeK72jSs&feature=related

Not even going to bother using the feature since it contains spoilers. Also:

Spoiler:
Black Mushroom spawns in cathedral level 1 ACT1
Shinbone is located randomly in the fireplace in leorics manor ACT1.
Liquid Rainbow is located from the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious chest in the Oasis in ACT2. You will know its the right place when you save the old man and he opens it up. the spawn point is always the same for the event.
Wirts Bell is sold from one of the merchants in the city on ACT2
Gibbering Gemstone drops randomly from the mobs in either of the caves which generate in the battlefield before the bridge on ACT3(The area where you destroy the ballistae)
The plans drops randomly from Izual on ACT4.

EDIT: Replaced link with a better video that shows how to get into the level.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:04:50 AM by rizul98 »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »
curse you error 37

I curse you with every fiber of my being

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:05 AM »
curse you error 37

I curse you with every fiber of my being

And I give you
www.error37.com

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »
Also, I have to say that it's fucking frustrating how ping essentially ties into fps for some insane reason. Yes, this means when the latency goes into red, the game suddenly gets very choppy for some reason, even if you had a few minutes of 60 fps.

I'm sure it'll get better when the servers finally stabilize, but it's very silly at the moment.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »
Nightmare down, on to Hell.

Game keeps movin' along...