Author Topic: Problem with Anex 98 for PC-98 Games  (Read 4645 times)

Problem with Anex 98 for PC-98 Games
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
I was using Anex86 to play the PC-98 games and it was working fine. However, I recently started the emulator up and then the game screen got all weird. I think this happened because I was clicking inside the game window while the game was loading up (on that black screen with the rapid text before the ZUN soft thing shows up). Now there's this black bar on the bottom of the window and the regular game screen has been pushed upwards. Also, the window is stretchy now instead of fixed like it normally is. I tried resetting and reconfiguring, but it's not working and I'm not sure what's wrong. How do I fix this? ???

Zil

Re: Problem with Anex 98 for PC-98 Games
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
There are some good guides on this site for configuring the emulators. First and foremost, you should check them out.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11117.0.html
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,6549.0.html
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,139.0.html

Now, more specifically, checking "fix aspect ratio" under the window tab should solve the stretching. I think I recall seeing something like that black bar happening before. I believe messing with "display mode (text)" and "display mode (graph)" under the video tab might cause that. Those options have only ever caused problems for me in the past, so I'd suggesting making sure those are both unchecked.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:48:37 PM by Zil »

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:52 AM »
Thanks, the stretching is gone now. And after messing around with things under the windows tab, I managed to get rid of the black bar too.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
Is it normal for the PC-98 games to become a wall of text that doesn't close if you press quit?
And if it is normal, is there any was to fix/ get around it?
It doesn' t affect the gameplay at all, but it is kind of annoying if it happens everytime.

Zil

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
The game doesn't "know" it's being played on an emulator, so selecting quit in-game isn't going to close the emulator. It just quits the game itself and freaks out.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
So, the only way to really quit the game is by pressing quit and then alt + tab to get to the emulator to close it?
Or is there another (easier) way I'm missing?

Zil

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »
You don't need to press quit. Just close the emulator window as you would close any other window. I'm not sure how it could get much easier.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
So, the only way to really quit the game is by pressing quit and then alt + tab to get to the emulator to close it?
Or is there another (easier) way I'm missing?

Pressing alt+F4 will instantly close both the game and the emulator window.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

KuroArashi100

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
You don't need to press quit. Just close the emulator window as you would close any other window. I'm not sure how it could get much easier.

I was playing fullscreen, and there is as far as I know no quit button in fullscreen. I'm also not really up to date with button combinations etc. that might help.

Pressing alt+F4 will instantly close both the game and the emulator window.

/\ Like that. Thanks for helping! :)