Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157498 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #930 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »
>Koishi: "Um..."
>"...No."
>Shiki: "Then perhaps you should speak to her about it. Most are not aware of what truly happened, but I would assume that Utsuho is, and obviously you are as well. And I find it highly unlikely that Utsuho has completely avoided Satori. So that means that Satori would know, as well. So why not ask her about it? Why not discover her own thoughts on the matter?"
Koishi: "Um..."
>Shiki: "It may be a good idea to head down to her, anyways. Yukari says that in situations where one world is known to another as fiction, the events of the fiction match those in the actual world, and these people are, in their game, currently meeting with Satori. It's probably a crazy idea, but there may be a small chance we could communicate with them by taking advantage of this property."
>Reimu: "And also, the Utsuho thing is one of the things that voice wanted us to do before it would meet us, right?"
>Shiki: "Don't remind me. Finding myself in agreement with it is... unpleasant."
>Shiki: "At least go speak to Satori."
>Koishi: "Um... um..."
>Pause.
>"Um, all right."
>Shiki: "Thank you. All right, time may be of the essence here, so as much as I hate to ask this of you in your current state, Yukari, could you-"
>Yuyuko: "One portal to Satori's place, please."
>Reimu: "There's no reason you need to do that every time."
>Shiki: "Rikako, I believe we're done here. Thank you for your assistance."
>Party: When the gap appears, enter it.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #931 on: June 01, 2011, 02:59:21 AM »
>"...No."
>Shiki: "Then perhaps you should speak to her about it. Most are not aware of what truly happened, but I would assume that Utsuho is, and obviously you are as well. And I find it highly unlikely that Utsuho has completely avoided Satori. So that means that Satori would know, as well. So why not ask her about it? Why not discover her own thoughts on the matter?"
Koishi: "Um..."
>Shiki: "It may be a good idea to head down to her, anyways. Yukari says that in situations where one world is known to another as fiction, the events of the fiction match those in the actual world, and these people are, in their game, currently meeting with Satori. It's probably a crazy idea, but there may be a small chance we could communicate with them by taking advantage of this property."
>Reimu: "And also, the Utsuho thing is one of the things that voice wanted us to do before it would meet us, right?"
>Shiki: "Don't remind me. Finding myself in agreement with it is... unpleasant."
>Shiki: "At least go speak to Satori."
>Koishi: "Um... um..."
>Pause.
>"Um, all right."
>Shiki: "Thank you. All right, time may be of the essence here, so as much as I hate to ask this of you in your current state, Yukari, could you-"
>Yuyuko: "One portal to Satori's place, please."
>Reimu: "There's no reason you need to do that every time."
>Shiki: "Rikako, I believe we're done here. Thank you for your assistance."
>Party: When the gap appears, enter it.

>Yeah, no.

>Terrapin Tyrant: Recover. Retrieve needles from sleeves. "So wait. You went along with all that? Seriously? Well, I think you know what that means."
>Freudian Frisker: why did we say anything oh god
>Reimu: Commence incident resolution mode on Koishi. Violently.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: June 01, 2011, 03:03:06 AM »
Don't know why Koishi would have spilled the beans on something intensely personal, but...

>Before Mus' bit:
>Serpent Striker: "You don't strike me as particular sorry about the affair."
>Id Evangelist: "Should I be? We made a better world, where everyone could be happy, where people could explore to their heart's content without the chains of their natures holding them back. It was a paradise."
>Serpent Striker: "So I see."
>Go for the spellcards!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #933 on: June 01, 2011, 03:38:15 AM »
>Shiki: Get between Reimu and Koishi.
>"Stop!"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #934 on: June 01, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
>Turtle Tamer: "This is my job and you know it, grass-head! Get out of the way!"
>Superego Superhero: Abscond while the nice Yama distracts her.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #935 on: June 01, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »
>Serpent Striker: "You don't strike me as particular sorry about the affair."
>Id Evangelist: "Should I be? We made a better world, where everyone could be happy, where people could explore to their heart's content without the chains of their natures holding them back. It was a paradise."
>Serpent Striker: "So I see."
>Go for the spellcards!
>Terrapin Tyrant: Recover. Retrieve needles from sleeves. "So wait. You went along with all that? Seriously? Well, I think you know what that means."
>You whip out the needles for some incident resolving time.

>Freudian Frisker: why did we say anything oh god
>Agh, you shouldn't have said anything.
>"You said it because of a guy. A guy you met online."

>Reimu: Commence incident resolution mode on Koishi. Violently.
>You start attacking Koishi for causing an incident that already happened and passed.
>Meiling says "Hey, whoa-"

>Shiki: Get between Reimu and Koishi.
>"Stop!"
>Turtle Tamer: "This is my job and you know it, grass-head! Get out of the way!"
>Superego Superhero: Abscond while the nice Yama distracts her.
>You start to escape when Meiling kicks you in the shins, steps on your foot, and grabs your arm. "Trying to get away? I for one am interested in the details of whatever happened."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #936 on: June 01, 2011, 05:07:40 AM »
>Shiki: "STOP!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:50 AM »
>Shiki: "STOP!"
>Everyone stops whatever they were doing and looks at you. Except Meiling, who grabs Koishi's other arm.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #938 on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:07 AM »
>Shiki: "We are NOT going to do this! Yukari, send me and Koishi someplace private. I need to talk to her."
>Glare at Reimu.
>"Without inturruption."
>Once the gap has formed, have Meiling get Koishi into it, then pass through it ourselves.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #939 on: June 01, 2011, 05:40:01 AM »
>Shiki: "We are NOT going to do this! Yukari, send me and Koishi someplace private. I need to talk to her."
>"Understood. This is going to be interesting..."

>Glare at Reimu.
>"Without interruption."
>"Hey, she took our lives and gave us new ones without permission."

>Once the gap has formed, have Meiling get Koishi into it, then pass through it ourselves.
>You wait as a gap forms for a minute or so. Meiling moves Koishi into the gap, and you follow.
>You appear at a purple space covered in eyes. The ground is invisible. You see Koishi a few meters ahead, looking at you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:50 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Before being tossed in, remove self from everyone's senses. In fact, why didn't we do this the moment we ran?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #941 on: June 01, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Before being tossed in, remove self from everyone's senses. In fact, why didn't we do this the moment we ran?
>You have already been thrown in, and it takes a few minutes to disconnect yourself from non-sight senses.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #942 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:18 AM »
>Shiki: "Right. Now that we don't have to worry about... violent inturruptions, let's talk."
>Sit down, and motion for Koishi to sit next to us.
>"Have a seat, Koishi."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #943 on: June 01, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »
>Shiki: "Right. Now that we don't have to worry about... violent inturruptions, let's talk."
>Sit down, and motion for Koishi to sit next to us.
>"Have a seat, Koishi."
>You sit down on the ground and gesture for Koishi to sit down. She complies.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:43 AM »
>Ego Eater: "I have nothing to say to you."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #945 on: June 01, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »
>Ego Eater: "I have nothing to say to you."
>Oh dear, the parser has to take control of the protagonist.
>"Yes, you do. As well as the voice threatening to attack you if you don't reconcile with Utsuho, I feel that you are putting too much guilt on Utsuho."
>For the sake of not having to parse the main character's replies, you reply "I only wanted Satori to have a normal life. For the first time, my sister had the freedom to go out without people being suspicious of her...and then that traitor forced the burden of Satori back onto her."
>Control of main character returned to the players.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #946 on: June 01, 2011, 02:09:30 PM »
>Shiki: "Have you asked her why she did it?"
>Koishi: "No. Why should I care?"
>Shiki: "Because you are condemning her without knowing her motives, her reasons. Have you considered the possibility that you both acted out of concern for Satori, just with different ideas of what she would want?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: June 01, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
>Koishi: "No. Why should I care?"

>Not this. Koishi's not dumb.
>Superego Saprovore. "I know exactly why she did it. Because she realized she once had power, and couldn't rest until she got it back. Oh, she told herself it was concern for the others, but that's just what she said to make herself feel better about what she did to us. And more importantly, it's not your business, unless I'm suddenly dead now?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #948 on: June 01, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »
>Shiki: "You believe that Utsuho's motives were selfish. Have you thought of confirming this? Even if you don't believe Utsuho's own words, couldn't you ask your sister? She would know what Utsuho's motives truly were, would she not? And I do not believe that she would lie to you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: June 01, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
>Ego Emancipator: "I was there. You weren't. And I have nothing further to say, it's not an issue I need to discuss."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #950 on: June 01, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
>Shiki: "Indeed, you were there. This is a personal and emotional issue for you, and I understand that. But..."
>"You say that you did it for Satori's benefit, but do you think she would have wanted you to force a change on all of Gensokyo? I think you should ask her about it."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #951 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
>Shiki: "Have you asked her why she did it?"
>Superego Saprovore. "I know exactly why she did it. Because she realized she once had power, and couldn't rest until she got it back. Oh, she told herself it was concern for the others, but that's just what she said to make herself feel better about what she did to us. And more importantly, it's not your business, unless I'm suddenly dead now?"
>Shiki: "You believe that Utsuho's motives were selfish. Have you thought of confirming this? Even if you don't believe Utsuho's own words, couldn't you ask your sister? She would know what Utsuho's motives truly were, would she not? And I do not believe that she would lie to you."
>Ego Emancipator: "I was there. You weren't. And I have nothing further to say, it's not an issue I need to discuss."
>Shiki: "Indeed, you were there. This is a personal and emotional issue for you, and I understand that. But..."
>"You say that you did it for Satori's benefit, but do you think she would have wanted you to force a change on all of Gensokyo? I think you should ask her about it."
>"She would say that she was content with the life she has here, but I honestly think she's lying to herself. She's not happy with being a satori, but she refuses to admit it."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #952 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »

>Reptile Regulator: Fume.
>"Yukari, if you keep pulling this sort of shit then I swear I'm gonna shank you too."
>"She said Suwako and Kanako were behind that? Then they have some serious explaining to do."
>Rattle gohei at 'explaining' for emphasis!

>Yuyupine Mountains: "My, my..."
>Allow Meiling's reaction.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:19:53 PM by IronE-Nazrin »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #953 on: June 01, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »
>Shiki: "Let's say you're right that she doesn't like being a satori. Do you think that's the most important thing to her? Or are there, perhaps, other things that mean more to her that that?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #954 on: June 02, 2011, 12:10:22 AM »
>Reptile Regulator: Fume.
>"Yukari, if you keep pulling this sort of shit then I swear I'm gonna shank you too."
>"Sorry, but you can't do that until 46 posts later~"

>"She said Suwako and Kanako were behind that? Then they have some serious explaining to do."
>Rattle gohei at 'explaining' for emphasis!
>Suika says "You're being rather aggressive."
>Yukari remarks "For an incident that already passed, anyways."

>Yuyupine Mountains: "My, my..."
>Allow Meiling's reaction.
>Meiling doesn't react.

>Shiki: "Let's say you're right that she doesn't like being a satori. Do you think that's the most important thing to her? Or are there, perhaps, other things that mean more to her that that?"
>"Does that matter? She still had Orin, she still had that traitor even when she wasn't a satori."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #955 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:42 AM »
>Dechampisa Dame: "But were the Orin and Utsuho of that world really the same to her?"

>Armpits: "It's my job to get an idea of what the hell happened, too. And I don't know what the hell got into Koishi, but I somehow doubt those goddesses would want to talk about it without a little persuasion."
>"Yukari, you gonna give us a gap or should I just fly there?"

>Suika: Drink from gourd. Fondly regard shenanigans. "I dunno, it's resolved already..."

>Turtle Torturer: "What, by Utsuho?" Frown. "Fine, maybe she can explain! But I need answers, and those troublemakers need their proper punishment."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #956 on: June 02, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »
>To elaborate on IronE-Nazrin's command:
>Shiki: "That's... not quite what I meant. Rin and Utsuho were there, perhaps, but not Orin and Okuu."
>"What I mean by that is that they were not the same people you know. Their memories, their lives, were completely different. Different experiences shaped them into different people than the ones you know. The woman by the name of Satori in that world was not the Satori you know here, was not truly your sister. The same holds true for Rin, Utsuho, and everyone else. Satori didn't have Rin and Okuu in that world; she didn't even truly have herself."

Yeah, I know some of that may seem like stretching Shiki's knowledge a bit, but she knows that people in Gensokyo Isle had no memory of the real Gensokyo, and the rest follows from that. There's nothing there that Shiki would be unable to conclude.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #957 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »
>Dechampisa Dame: "But were the Orin and Utsuho of that world really the same to her?"
>"I don't see why they wouldn't seem that way."

>Shiki: "That's... not quite what I meant. Rin and Utsuho were there, perhaps, but not Orin and Okuu."
>"What I mean by that is that they were not the same people you know. Their memories, their lives, were completely different. Different experiences shaped them into different people than the ones you know. The woman by the name of Satori in that world was not the Satori you know here, was not truly your sister. The same holds true for Rin, Utsuho, and everyone else. Satori didn't have Rin and Okuu in that world; she didn't even truly have herself."
>"Even with different experiences, they still ended up the same as they were in Gensokyo."

>Armpits: "It's my job to get an idea of what the hell happened, too. And I don't know what the hell got into Koishi, but I somehow doubt those goddesses would want to talk about it without a little persuasion."
>Yukari says "What got into Koishi was what she was all along. Behind that smile lies a motiveless and hollow person."

>"Yukari, you gonna give us a gap or should I just fly there?"
>Suika: Drink from gourd. Fondly regard shenanigans. "I dunno, it's resolved already..."
>Turtle Torturer: "What, by Utsuho?" Frown. "Fine, maybe she can explain! But I need answers, and those troublemakers need their proper punishment."
>Suika replies "If you say so." She then takes another drink.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #958 on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:07 AM »
>"Then let me ask you something. And I want you to think about this one and answer honestly. Was that other world something Satori wanted, or was it something you wanted for her? And do not say both. If both are true, which one was stronger in your mind?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #959 on: June 02, 2011, 02:49:59 AM »
>"Then let me ask you something. And I want you to think about this one and answer honestly. Was that other world something Satori wanted, or was it something you wanted for her? And do not say both. If both are true, which one was stronger in your mind?"
>"It was something I wanted for her, but Satori would have wanted it if she wasn't lying to herself about her happiness."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:51:51 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »