Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 226534 times)

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
Been trying to clear TD Extra. Not going well at all. I can make it to Mamizou with 4 spare lives and a bomb, but by the time I get to Wild Deserted Island, it's over.

Funny thing is I've beaten her once before, but I cannot for the life of me remember how I dodged all her attacks. Gonna have to relearn. ._.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Leopold621

• I'm a kitty cat! Meow~ :3
  • The water's evil... I know it... 3:<
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
I suck at Ten Desires! (Not litteraly...)  :(
I hardly can't get through Stage 2 without at least one death!  :blush:
I have to do spell card practise all the time!
I swear, the games are getting harder and harder...
1. MY CUPCAKE!! 3X<
2. If I say "I don't know how to answer/reply to that..."it doesn't mean what you wrote was wierd (most times), it was that I couldn't get it in my head and/or it was bad grammar included.
3. If I say I don't like your grammar, it's just because I have REALLY hard to read it...
4. Corn oooooooooonnnnnnn the cuuuuuuuuub! *deep breath* Corn oooooooooooooooonnnnnnn the cabub!
5. ... EVERYBODY DANCE NYAO!! >X3

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
Subterranean Animism almost broke me.  :fail:

I thought people were kidding when they talked about it's difficulty.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
No, they don't play around when it comes to SA. I've still yet to even get past Rin's first spellcard without having to continue. :I I've 1cc'd 5 of the games on Normal, but SA is just out of this world sometimes.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »

« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2012, 03:44:11 AM »
I suck at Ten Desires! (Not litteraly...)  :(
I hardly can't get through Stage 2 without at least one death!  :blush:
I have to do spell card practise all the time!
I swear, the games are getting harder and harder...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Kyouko hard. Her and Seiga...

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2012, 05:56:45 AM »
Subterranean Animism almost broke me.  :fail:

I thought people were kidding when they talked about it's difficulty.

Hold on, I'll call up paletweb (Or whatever people tend to use to get games) and tell them not to sell you UFO or Great Fairy Wars because you're going to shatter.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
I can't stream Honest Man's Death while avoiding the lasers.

While playing EoSD against Remilia, when Star of David started, I joked around in my head about how people often advise new players to not glue themselves to the bottom of the screen, moved up, and got instakilled by those huge round bullets spawning right on top of me.

I'm so accustomed with the Touhou games where I have options I keep trying to move down on top of fairies in PoFV and die.

I die to Shikieiki about 3 times, then on the 4th try somehow I managed to win without being hit at all. Huh.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
The secret to SA - bomb liberally.  The power/bomb system is really forgiving, so once you've done your stage practice to figure out the parts you regularly die on, just toss a bomb on them.

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
I just started playing the extra stage of PoFV, stage 1, vs. Cirno. Cirno pulled a Perfect Freeze, froze the bullets on screen, and made me run into a bullet I didn't even notice until I saved a replay and watched it over 3 times.

Oh, and I made it to the Prismriver Sisters on a 1CC PCB Normal run, and they cut down all 8 of my lives...They're still my favorite characters, though.

« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Kyouko hard. Her and Seiga...

IMO I don't think they are the hardest, even though I lose a life to either one of them in a run. I think it's MIKO after she says "Playtime's Over"! Her knife nonspell is a claustrophic mess, and while Ikaruga and Guse are not too bad (unfocused is your friend), there's the Laser of Seventeen Articles. You have to actually read the card really properly to find any safespots so you won't get mauled by a cluster of amulets. Her last spellcard also needs a way to herd the "stars" properly too, or you'll die morbidly.

Miko, why does summoning your partners make you realize you have to be stronger!   :getdown:

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »
Personally I find Seiga and Miko the trickiest as well. Kyouko's only tricky part for me is the second non-card because it moves so fast for what you're used to at that point in the game, it's a pace-breaker.

Seiga's weird wavy lasers and Miko's pure mass-bullet spam are just like "wha...." for me. I can 1cc TD on Normal almost every attempt with Reimu now, but I am lying if I say I don't have some troubles on Stage 4 and 6 on the way to it.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »
The secret to SA - bomb liberally.  The power/bomb system is really forgiving, so once you've done your stage practice to figure out the parts you regularly die on, just toss a bomb on them.

More like the secret to clearing all the games. It's just much more abusable in SA and MoF

« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
It doesn't seem to work in UFO.  It's like the game wants you to dodge things :<

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
Damn you Mamizou!! I cannot pass your Wild Deserted Island anymore! I used to be so good at this fight, too! I keep screwing up though on the segment between the midboss and her, and I ALWAYS mess up on her 6th and 7th non-cards (her 5th spellcard is almost never good to me either).

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
My power-up isn't working.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »
It doesn't seem to work in UFO.  It's like the game wants you to dodge things :<
No, the secret to 1cc-ing UFO is to not make mistakes on the UFO route, so you gain plenty of lives/bombs. Then you can bomb nearly everything.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »
GAH I'm getting so rusty. Seriously 7 deaths to VoWG timeout? :V
Totally unacceptable considering what I've done before with that spell...

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

So close to a good 97.xx :(
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:11 AM »
Komachi you do not deserve to exist.

I've lost so many attempts that have reached the last shots in ultra 10-3, this spell is just so retarded because of the almost perfect timing it needs to spin around Komachi.  :matsuriscowl:

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »
FUCK YOU UFO STAGE 3! JUST, FUCK YOU

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »
Died at the tail end of "Vajra of Perfect Buddhism" which I have never captured before.  Crap like this seems to be happening far more often lately.

Not sure if this is off-topic but playing Marine Benefit has caused me to see the other games in another light.  Now if only I didn't constantly blow myself up trying to graze every bullet shot in my general direction.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Playing IN ultra spell practice, gets to General Headquarters Crisis.
Third try (first past opening wave), dies with a bit of HP left.
~75 tries later, haven't even come close.  >:(

Sality

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »
Failed to score 2 Billion in Ten Desires Youmu - Normal run, not even 1.5 Billion in fact.

I shall commit sudoku with my furendo.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »
Both 1.5 and 2b are rather good scores, if you ask me. Could you give a replay? I can't really help your route at that level, but I enjoy watching high-level scoreplay.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »
Illusionary Dominance: 01 / 09
Terukuni Throughout the World: 00 / 08

uh

PMW

• My tumblr
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
That's totally normal. I have 2 captures of Peerless Wind God and 0 captures of Terukuni Throughout the World :V

I can't do that card at all.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:28 AM »
Failed to score 2 Billion in Ten Desires Youmu - Normal run
Isn't the TD Normal Youmu WR only 1.902 billion? This statement seems very odd.

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:41 AM »
That's totally normal. I have 2 captures of Peerless Wind God and 0 captures of Terukuni Throughout the World :V

I can't do that card at all.

I don't think that's really normal. You guys are probably in the minority here. Terukuni can be handled the same way everytime. It's just a question of moving through the gaps in arrowheads while avoiding the few bullets that there otherwise are. PWG on the other hand is highly random and will therefore be much more challenging to most people.

I don't know with PMW but for Chisou Taizens case i can only say this: You are only 10 runs in so you are probably still getting used to the timing. You will get used to the spell and find it easier with some more practice I'm sure.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Actually, the answer here is that they're referring to "Illusionary Dominance", not PWG.