Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71260 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »
>"You're learning quickly. I have no doubt the day will come that you'll feel able to make a difference in the world."
>"And if there's anything I can do to help, just ask."

>Marigold considers your offer, then says, "Then I will ask that you don't let what happened here happen here again. One of the most common complaints I have heard here since I arrived is that they have been short handed since the 'incident' you resolved. They have had extra volunteers, thanks mostly to Marissa I have heard, but volunteers are not professionals. Or so it is said. They cannot afford more people incapacitated."
>"Incawha?" Rin blurts.
>"It means disabled, unable to function as normal."
>Rin whistles. "Yer kids' better with the language than me." she remarks, sounding impressed.

« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »
>"The people we rescued from the basement have still not yet recovered?"

« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2016, 11:42:47 PM »
>"The people we rescued from the basement have still not yet recovered?"

>"Only one."

« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2016, 01:49:49 AM »
>"Do you know what kind of shape they're in?"

« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2016, 06:31:17 AM »
>"Do you know what kind of shape they're in?"

>"No, I don't. I have not asked."

« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2016, 06:43:40 AM »
>"Well, I hope they'll be back on their feet before too long, at any rate."
>"And yes, I promise I will do my utmost to keep anyone else from coming to harm in this way. I consider it my duty."

« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2016, 07:18:42 AM »
>"Well, I hope they'll be back on their feet before too long, at any rate."
>"And yes, I promise I will do my utmost to keep anyone else from coming to harm in this way. I consider it my duty."

>"And may I ask one more favor?"

« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2016, 07:52:31 AM »
>"Go ahead."

« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »
>"Go ahead."

>"If you see Mother Lily, please ask her to stop by. I would like to see her. If she has time."

« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
>"I'm sure she has time for you, Marigold. I promise I'll let her know."

« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2016, 11:49:23 PM »
>"I'm sure she has time for you, Marigold. I promise I'll let her know."

>"Thank you."

« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:46 AM »
>Smile
>"Remember, we're here for you if you need us."
>Then let's try giving her a gentle hug. She does still seem to think of us in some sense as her mother, but at the same time she's been rather formal, so don't push it if she seems uncomfortable by this

« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
>Smile
>"Remember, we're here for you if you need us."
>Then let's try giving her a gentle hug. She does still seem to think of us in some sense as her mother, but at the same time she's been rather formal, so don't push it if she seems uncomfortable by this

>"I will remember."
>Not entirely certain how your rather unusual 'daughter' feels towards physical expressions of affection, you give Marigold a little hug, just to test the waters as it were. The black-haired youkai proves to be quite receptive of your love, returning your hug with gusto. She's stronger than she looks. Or perhaps enthusiastic.

« Reply #433 on: June 14, 2016, 02:38:55 AM »
>If she's giving it more gusto, let's give it a little more gusto ourselves
>"You're a good girl, Marigold. And I'm glad that things seem to be going well for you here."

« Reply #434 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:42 AM »
>If she's giving it more gusto, let's give it a little more gusto ourselves
>"You're a good girl, Marigold. And I'm glad that things seem to be going well for you here."

>"Thank you very much, Mother."

« Reply #435 on: June 14, 2016, 04:40:28 AM »
>Let's spend a little more time chit-chatting and then take our leave of the CRA so that we can get back to work

« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:49 AM »
>Let's spend a little more time chit-chatting and then take our leave of the CRA so that we can get back to work

>Marigold may be a little on the unusual side, but you suspect her reserved and polite manner of speech may simply be a personal idiosyncracy moreso than anything else.  If she keeps that pattern of speech as she grows, it'll actually serve her well in some of the more reserved, conservative parts of Yamato. Assuming she wants to stay in the country, of course. After a few minutes, though, Marigold announces that she is hungry, and that lunch will be served shortly. Not that hungry yet yourself, you and Rin take this as a cue to depart.
>The streets are fairly quiet when you leave the CRA, not a whole lot of traffic on the go in this part of the city. The street performer whom you saw on the way in has left, leaving five young women sitting with the backs against the building, with very satisfied looks on their faces.

>Lotus? Reisen's voice comes to you.

« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2016, 01:10:46 AM »
>Yes?

« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2016, 06:26:47 AM »
>Yes?

>I have something to report on that attack at the Bird Shrine.

« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
>What is it?

« Reply #440 on: June 15, 2016, 06:48:34 AM »
>What is it?

>It seems the Champions were at least partially responsible for the attack. One of them, at least. The dementia caster that attacked this place was wearing a power-enhansing ring at the time, which Haruka destroyed. I've studied the remnants of that ring, and it has the energy signature of the Air Champion.

« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2016, 06:52:40 AM »
>Air... Do you have any idea what the dementia caster was attempting to accomplish there?

« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »
>Air... Do you have any idea what the dementia caster was attempting to accomplish there?

>Yes. Defeat Haruka. This particular caster has apparantly been visiting the shrine off and on for the past three years or so. Sometimes he helps out with the mikos training, but most of the time he tested his power against Haruka. Without much success, I gather.

« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2016, 08:05:55 AM »
>So it seems that his motive may have been unrelated to the Champions'? If it predated them being here.... But I assume this time was more violent than normal?

« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »
>So it seems that his motive may have been unrelated to the Champions'? If it predated them being here.... But I assume this time was more violent than normal?

>Signifigantly. Dementia casters are never entirely stable, but the power of the demons, to quote one of the other shrine maidens I spoke with, totally unhinged him. In a sense, it was a good thing he came here instead of the Dragon or Turtle shrine. From what I can see, if someone as strong as Kiku or Haruka hadn't been the one he came after, things would have been far worse.

« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2016, 08:29:07 AM »
>That is good. Though even if his motive does not suggest direct Champion involvement, it does mean Air has been creating rings also and there may be other people in her service in the city. Something to keep in mind.

>On that note, I have something of my own to report.
>Let's pull Kiku into this conference call
>I have some good news from the CRA, but also some potentially bad. The good news: I can detect no remnant of the devouring tar whatsoever, and Koishi is also untouched from any corruption - I am sure of this. But while we were investigating, I was contacted by a strange ghostly being who claimed there was another person in the city corrupted by a splinter just like Satori's.

« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »
>That is good. Though even if his motive does not suggest direct Champion involvement, it does mean Air has been creating rings also and there may be other people in her service in the city. Something to keep in mind.

>I think we have to assume that all the Champions can and have created these kinds of power rings.
>And they make people go nuts. White Rose adds.
>Reisen disagrees, Not necessarily. Christine was wearing one of Ice's rings, and she wasn't berserk in anyway. That could have something to do with the Ice Champions' power, or it could have something to do with the ringbearer. There's no way to tell at this point.

>On that note, I have something of my own to report.
>Let's pull Kiku into this conference call
>I have some good news from the CRA, but also some potentially bad. The good news: I can detect no remnant of the devouring tar whatsoever, and Koishi is also untouched from any corruption - I am sure of this. But while we were investigating, I was contacted by a strange ghostly being who claimed there was another person in the city corrupted by a splinter just like Satori's.

>Kiku sighs roughly. Another giant deathbringer. That's all we need.
>How'd that ghost come by that information? Reisen asks.
>The supernatural often possess knowledge beyond. Kiku replies, regaining her composure. Though it can be difficult to interpret sometimes. And it does not surprise me that Lotus encountered another one. Our leader seems to have a knack for attracting people, be they flesh or spirit or something between the two.

« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2016, 03:54:29 PM »
>She said she had been actually waiting for the chance to speak with me, it's true.
>And she was fortunately quite specific in where she believed this deathbringer was located: in the one known as Motormaster.

« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
>She said she had been actually waiting for the chance to speak with me, it's true.
>And she was fortunately quite specific in where she believed this deathbringer was located: in the one known as Motormaster.

>Even from across town, you can feel Reisen shudder. Motormaster...
>What is this Motormaster? Kiku asks.
>Answering for Reisen, Rin says, A street racer. And a bully and a jerk. The kind of owner slaves like us really fear.
>And he's wanted me ever since he saw me. Reisen adds.

« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2016, 12:06:35 AM »
>If what this being said is true, perhaps the deathbringer is also partially responsible for this temperament. Either way, I wish I confirm it immediately and deal with it if it turns out to be true. As Motormaster has no powers of their own, the deathbringer in them should be easier to manage, though I'd still like all of us assembled before I try anything.