Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 69355 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2016, 03:37:07 PM »
>Let's kick back and relax for the rest of the evening. It's been a hectic day and things have mostly ended as well as can be expected, so let's enjoy being in a warm apartment with soft things to sit on and no emergencies to attend to.
>Hopefully.

>You and your Rin have definately earned your rest tonight. The cares of tomorrow can wait till this day is done.
>You don't spend a great deal of time vertical now that you're home, as the fatigue of the day wastes no time catching up to. After a cup of sweet tea served by your Rin, you and she decide to get yourselves some much needed sleep. Just sleep, this time. Rest is required.

>Your subconscious seems to agree with this assessment, and your dream tonight is a pleasant one, if not necessarily an entirely peaceful one. As you stand amongst a stand of trees, a group of scared and dirty people huddled around you, you watch a distant figure in flowing black robes standing before a raging torrent of water, the result of a broken dam. The male figure with the short gradient hair holds up his hand, clutching a strand of jade beads, and invokes a spell.The water divides as though cleaved by a massive blade, spreading out to harmlessly pass by either side of the village behind the man. Though his focus is mostly on his spell, he spares a look back at you. Your brother smiles at you peacefully, despite the effort he puts forth, despite the toll it must take on his body. He is doing what he loves. He helps people. And while you wish he would stop taking quite so many risks, you are unspeakably proud of your elder brother.

>You awake before Rin in the morning. Nearly afternoon, actually, as you seem to have slept a couple hours longer than you usually do. Nice to have the freedom to do that. Actually you correct yourself, as Rin has moved from her previous location. No longer sleeping next to you, she is currently curled up at the bottom end of your bed in her cat form.

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
>Myouren is younger than us, right?

>Smile at Rin, then stand up and stretch and get ready for the day

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 05:28:08 PM »
>Myouren is younger than us, right?

>Smile at Rin, then stand up and stretch and get ready for the day

>Yes. Curious.

>Good morning, Hero. the voice of the Purpose says a few minutes after you rise.

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 06:17:20 PM »
>Good morning. I do hope there isn't another emergency to report already this morning?

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »
>Good morning. I do hope there isn't another emergency to report already this morning?

>There is not. the dry voice replies. In fact, you could consider this report good news. While you were asleep, someone on the other side of myself attempted to penetrate into this world. This attempt was unsuccessful, but the unusual thing about the event was, it seemed as though some force in this side was assisting in keeping the barrier intact.

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2016, 06:49:15 PM »
>Oh? Do you have any idea what that would be?

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
>Oh? Do you have any idea what that would be?

>That is the thing I found most unusual. I could sense nothing at all from this side. Only the fact that myself was resisting more than my own efforts would have allowed for enabled me to discern any external force at all. Whatever or whoever it was was invisible to my senses.

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
>Curious. But... probably good? Do you think that this attempted breach would have been forceful enough to succeed without this... reinforcement?

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »
>Curious. But... probably good? Do you think that this attempted breach would have been forceful enough to succeed without this... reinforcement?

>Impossible to tell without being able to gauge the full power of the being attempting the breach. If the being had sufficient stamina, then yes. I cannot be certain, but I believe it may have been one of the Champions.

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2016, 07:29:30 PM »
>Well, I am just as glad not to have another of their number to deal with for now. Let's hope it stays that way for a while.
>Was there any other news?

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 12:32:36 AM »
>Well, I am just as glad not to have another of their number to deal with for now. Let's hope it stays that way for a while.
>Was there any other news?

>A question. I am awake that Terrans require sleep, but is it unusual for a sleeping Terran to attempt speech?

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:05 AM »
>Well, we can't do it intentionally. Was one of us mumbling in our sleep?

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
>Well, we can't do it intentionally. Was one of us mumbling in our sleep?

>Yes. You were.

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »
>Oh. Um... what was I saying?

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »
>Oh. Um... what was I saying?

>The same two words over and over. "Brother." and "Why."

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2016, 12:54:03 AM »
>"Why?"
>Can we think of anything in our dream that would have us questioning like that?

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »
>"Why?"
>Can we think of anything in our dream that would have us questioning like that?

>Are you asking me why you would say that?
>Not that you can remember. Well I suppose there was 'why' he was the one diverting a river and not you since you're the one with the power, but that's a matter of logic rather than subconsciousness. But then again, people don't always remember the entirety of their dreams, either.

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2016, 01:38:22 AM »
>No, I was just wondering about it myself; I can't imagine you would know why I was saying that if I don't.
>Can we remember anything else if we try to focus a little?

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »
>No, I was just wondering about it myself; I can't imagine you would know why I was saying that if I don't.
>Can we remember anything else if we try to focus a little?

>Only a very faint image of a wooden shack in the middle of nowhere.

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:36 PM »
>I did actually have a question for you, though; something I should have asked a while ago. This ring that you gave me... where did it come from?

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2016, 12:43:38 AM »
>I did actually have a question for you, though; something I should have asked a while ago. This ring that you gave me... where did it come from?

>It was a test, Hero. To see if you could become the Hero I believed you could be. Had I emotion, I believe I would regret the necessity of it, but at the time it was the only way.

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2016, 12:50:37 AM »
>That doesn't really answer my question.

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2016, 12:55:39 AM »
>That doesn't really answer my question.

>Apologies, I will try again. But it is somewhat difficult to explain. What I am is power, a power that has a Purpose, a will. For one reason alone was I made, and that Purpose is all I am. You are a means by which I exercise myself. The power you wield is your own, but the... The key that opened the door is the ring that you wear. In touching my power, your own manifested and began to grow. That is also why your powers are extra effective against the Prisoners of Makai, because of your interaction with myself.

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:26 AM »
>You mean to say the ring you gave me was manifested from your own power?

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2016, 01:12:52 AM »
>You mean to say the ring you gave me was manifested from your own power?

>That is as accurate as I believe I can get in your words.

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2016, 01:19:39 AM »
>If I may say so, making rings that draw someone into their own subconscious seems a curious power for a barrier with a singular purpose to have.

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 01:25:11 AM »
>If I may say so, making rings that draw someone into their own subconscious seems a curious power for a barrier with a singular purpose to have.

>My Purpose is to ensure those imprisoned in Makai remain there, and that those that manage to escape be returned to their prison. If not through this extension of myself, then though aiding someone that has power enough.

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2016, 01:41:32 AM »
>Hmmm... was there some particular reason your appearance changed between me accepting the ring and coming to my senses again?

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2016, 03:28:28 AM »
>Hmmm... was there some particular reason your appearance changed between me accepting the ring and coming to my senses again?

>There were two reasons. At that time, I had not developed a great deal of skill at manipulating the appearance of this extension. Also, considering the simplistic nature of the youma present at the time, I speculated that a change in appearance would make it believe I had disappeared.

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
>Disappeared? Even if you were still standing in the same place?