Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142491 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #870 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:39 PM »
Beat Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Now I can REALLY say I'm playing a Mario game with all these stars left to get.

:colonveeplusalpha:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #871 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »
Beat Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Now I can REALLY say I'm playing a Mario game with all these stars left to get.

:colonveeplusalpha:
It'll be fun ^.^  You need 70 Stars in every game to get to the last Bowser anyway...

Anything to mention about what you dis/like?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #872 on: June 05, 2010, 01:50:44 AM »
Actually, Super Mario Sunshine only needed 50, but whatever. >.> The fact that there are like 154 more stars to get is daunting, no doubt about it.

As for likes and dislikes?

Likes: It's a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. I'm no Yahtzee; If a formula works and is fun, more of the same can be great (obvious that someone who's beaten all Touhous would have that opinion :V). It has the same fun gameplay as the first game, along with a few genuinely difficult bits of platforming.

Dislikes: It's hard to explain, but the game is somehow less charming than the first. It's more a gut feeling than anything. The bosses are also for the most part pathetic. I know it's a Mario game, but my god, Bowser somehow got even easier than he was in the first Mario Galaxy. Most of all, the comet medals. They're usually not hard to find, but having to go back through already completed stars to find the ones I missed is a real pain.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:57:12 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #873 on: June 05, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »
Dislikes: It's hard to explain, but the game is somehow less charming than the first. It's more a gut feeling than anything. The bosses are also for the most part pathetic. I know it's a Mario game, but my god, Bowser somehow got even easier than he was in the first Mario Galaxy. Most of all, the comet medals. They're usually not hard to find, but having to go back through already completed stars to find the ones I missed is a real pain.
Most of the medals aren't hidden that well.~  Some are pretty close to being entirely on the beaten path.

As far as charming goes, I can understand where you're coming from.  The idea behind the first SMG was "look what we can do with this engine!" whereas the idea behind this one is "we hope you enjoyed the warm-up game; here's the real thing".

Actually, Super Mario Sunshine only needed 50, but whatever. >.>
Oh right.  That used a different formula - one to start and seven Sprites per stage.  *bad memories of "Scrubbing Sirena Beach" come back*

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #874 on: June 05, 2010, 02:52:36 AM »
Change in plan.
I'm now playing Yugioh World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia. Its really fun ^_^
Gonna use this to make my real decks and play online eventually.

I'm also playing THE ENTIRE MEGAMAN SERIES. I mean the Original, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Star Force. i've got them all! and if i missed one I'll just go and get that too!
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #875 on: June 05, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
Trying that final chain battle-thing in TWEWY right now.
I doubt I'll beat it, since Uzuki and Kariya always screw me up.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #876 on: June 05, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
Change in plan.
I'm now playing Yugioh World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia. Its really fun ^_^
Gonna use this to make my real decks and play online eventually.

I'm also playing THE ENTIRE MEGAMAN SERIES. I mean the Original, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Star Force. i've got them all! and if i missed one I'll just go and get that too!

You forgot Battle Network :(
I'm like the only one on earth who likes it :'(

Wait, aren't the Star Force games remakes of them or am I thinking of something else?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #877 on: June 05, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
oh yeah! Battle Network dammit I forgot to mention it. I have all of that too! x)

Original, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network, Star Force! shizam!

I'm playing the first one at the moment. And so far I am liking it. no loving it ^_^. Reminds me of KH: Chain of Memories. only different. hahaha
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #878 on: June 05, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
I only finished that one on Easy. Normal was already too hard for me.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #879 on: June 05, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Beat is going to take a lot of damage regardless, so that battle largely revolves around destroying Kariya as quickly as possible.

I think that's one of exactly two difficult battles in Final Time Attack because by that time you're cutting into your finite-use pins (healing).  When you get them back from Konishi, they'll have all their uses back - just in time to face the REAL monster of the run, Kitaniji.  Anguis or whoever it is after that inflicts landslides of damage if he hits you, but that fight is so strategically pathetic that you should be able to stay afloat just with auto-healing clothing and whatever healing pins you have left.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #880 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »
You forgot Battle Network :(
I'm like the only one on earth who likes it :'(

Untrue.
I has:
a near-perfect BN2 game that is short one bug frag (not including battle only stuff)
a legit perfect BN3-White game INCLUDING the stuff you can only get by connecting with Blue
a legit perfect BN4-Red game INCLUDING all secret chips
a near-perfect BN5-Proto game that is short one HP memory
a BN6-Falzar game that is stuck on the ultimate superboss, because his bullshit factor rose exponentially for this game.  Doesn't help that I'm going in with a low-damage lockdown folder and only 860 HP.  I just don't feel like grinding a completely new folder when this one has killed everything *else* without issue.

Attempts to find a physical copy of BN1 in my area have failed miserably. :(

Now, I'm off to go screw around with Galaxy 2 a bit.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #881 on: June 05, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
I played 3White and 5Colonel.
The final bosses of both are bullcrap.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #882 on: June 06, 2010, 01:33:59 AM »
BN3 final isn't really that bad.  Its attacks aren't that tough to figure out, so the only issue is keeping up the damage on it.  With the amount of things BN3 gives you to break the game, this isn't that much of a problem.
BN5 final does have a bunch of dick moves though.  The thing keeping that sane is the pattern it has to use to get off its attacks.  Doesn't help that in 4 and 5 you can't even get any of the v2 or v3 chips until beating the final boss. 
Spoiler:
Of course, once you do get them, then there's his upgraded forms to deal with.
Nothing compares to BN6 ultimate superboss in terms of bull, though.  Seriously, a 250-hp-per-shot machine gun followed up by a 550-hp defense piercing area attack at Aya speed does not make for happy times.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #883 on: June 06, 2010, 01:42:46 AM »
Beat is going to take a lot of damage regardless, so that battle largely revolves around destroying Kariya as quickly as possible.

I think that's one of exactly two difficult battles in Final Time Attack because by that time you're cutting into your finite-use pins (healing).  When you get them back from Konishi, they'll have all their uses back - just in time to face the REAL monster of the run, Kitaniji.  Anguis or whoever it is after that inflicts landslides of damage if he hits you, but that fight is so strategically pathetic that you should be able to stay afloat just with auto-healing clothing and whatever healing pins you have left.
Kitaniji is nothing in that fight.  I can get through him without Neku taking a single hit.  But
Spoiler:
SHIKI
COMPLETELY RIPS BEAT A NEW ONE at that high in the chain.  On Hard, she was able to kill me in three combos, and even a 5-use healing pin wasn't enough to save me.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Formless God

« Reply #884 on: June 06, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
Ketsui. So fucking fun, even moreso than DOJ.

JT

« Reply #885 on: June 07, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »
Last week has largely consisted of sleeping all day, cheap liquor, and Valkyria Chronicles. It might be one of my favorite games ever. I also rented Red Dead Redemption a couple of weeks ago, and found the plot, presentation, gun combat, and soundtrack all extremely enjoyable.

Formless God

« Reply #886 on: June 07, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »
Alan Wake.
It's a novel.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #887 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:57 AM »
Noiz2sa and rRootage.
RR is great but Noiz is okay. Not a fan of single pixel bullets.
Also needs to be rid of that rotating crap around the player's hitbox that do NOTHING!

Also in the vein of iPhone games, Zenonia. It's fairly good, even if it's only the demo :(

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #888 on: June 08, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »
Seriously, a 250-hp-per-shot machine gun followed up by a 550-hp defense piercing area attack at Aya speed does not make for happy times.

The game gives you more than enough good chips to beat him reliably with and Area Grab really screws him over.

I personally had more trouble when I hacked and fought 3 Gregar at once.

Anyways I started playing Wild Arms it looks alot like Golden Sun so I think i'll enjoy it alot.

dustyjo

« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
lol dead space

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »
Mega Man Zero Collection.

More suffering!

I bet you can Perfect S-Rank Zero 2!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2010, 05:55:11 PM »
FF13. They were right, it really does gets good after 20 hours.
(It takes 20 hours to reach Ch. 10.)
Although you can switch your party you can't switch your leader quite yet >:(
I would also like to kick in the face whoever's bright idea it was to have 3 man parties for the past 6 games.

Also, Zenonia still. It starts to kick your ass after a while because between really important story quests the levels for the monsters in new areas jump up a few and their stats jump up in the hundreds or thousands in HP.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #892 on: June 11, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
Mega Man Zero is harder than I remember.  :ohdear:

« Reply #893 on: June 14, 2010, 01:47:25 AM »
I beat Shadow of the Colossus the other day. I expected it to be a fun action game, but it's so, so, much more than that. Ico is on my must-play list now.

Mega Man Zero is harder than I remember.  :ohdear:

Damn, thanks for reminding me that I was supposed to learn to play sidescrollers this summer... my only memory of those games is reaching the last boss and getting horribly beaten. orz

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #894 on: June 14, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
Breaking FFL2 DS was never this much fun:

Also, Kanako (the user) looking like a beetch (right-most):

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #895 on: June 14, 2010, 08:09:05 AM »
Phantom Brave must have the most orgasm-worthy music in history. Anything beyond that would probably just blow my mind.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #896 on: June 14, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »
Breaking FFL2 DS was never this much fun:

Also, Kanako (the user) looking like a beetch (right-most):

What's FFL2 DS?

...I feel like I should know this, but I don't.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #897 on: June 14, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
What's FFL2 DS?

I think it's supposed to be Final Fantasy Legends 2 DS. Just a guess, though.

« Reply #898 on: June 16, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »
Finally got Galaxy 2 a few days ago (hence the avatar). Currently on World 4, man this game is fun. Would definitely rank it above the original Galaxy. The soundtrack is kind of lacking though.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #899 on: June 16, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
Finally got Galaxy 2 a few days ago (hence the avatar). Currently on World 4, man this game is fun. Would definitely rank it above the original Galaxy. The soundtrack is kind of lacking though.
?  I thought the soundtrack was pretty much entirely better than the original's
Spoiler:
bar Throwback Galaxy's theme, which was horribly arranged