Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142485 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
I've been curious about this S4 thing. Might give it a try.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #421 on: January 18, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
I've been curious about this S4 thing. Might give it a try.
Tell me what your name is so I can feel not miserable about being so bad at the game on my return to S4 League.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:50 AM »
Tell me what your name is so I can feel not miserable about being so bad at the game on my return to S4 League.

I'm interested in both of your s4 names, I enjoy it, but I was hoping someone would start playing.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
Started playing S4 league.

>:D

btw username is sonicbhoc in this, as it is in everything :P

EDIT:
OH WAIT IT'S IN MY SIG :V (now I feel stupid)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:51:35 PM by SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER »
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Eeee back to P4 (for two hours, but hey, and I gained a good half dozen levels in those two hours).

Next up: Max out Strength (already at 9 for some reason) and Magician (to upgrade Yosuke).  Yosuke and Yukiko are givens, but who should I use for my fourth party member?  I stopped using Chie when I got Kanji, so...Kanji, Teddie, Naoto?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
I'd say Teddie.  An extra healer is always good, and he learns two of the Taru-kaja skills.  Bring Naoto in for stage sections, since Mamudo and Mahama skills are excellent for crowd control, if you're okay with having to head back to refill SP, since those two skills + Almighty skills burn through it fast.  If you're not concerned about healing, Kanji excels in bosses, since both him and Chie have powerful physical and elemental skills (IIRC Chie has God Hand and Kanji has Primal Force, the best single-shot Physical attack in the game).

Back on topic, back to riding trains on Spirit Tracks.  "Be vewy vewy quiet; I'm hunting wabbits."
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

theshirn

« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »
Yeah...Naoto's skill setup is a bit...limited, for me.  I don't see myself relying on Mahama/Mamudo much (miss way too often).  Teddie's boosts and healing look nice, but Yukiko is pretty good for the healing, and without Kanji my physical damage will be pretty severely limited, methinks.  Also, upgraded Kanji has no elemental weakness, while Teddie does; it's not that big a deal, but it would be nice...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ebarrett

« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »
Reinstalled Baldur's Gate/II/ToB/Tutu to go through the whole thing again, and some very basic mods to make it more interesting (SCS and an ITEM SPAWN RANDOMIZER, fuck yes because I can't pretend I don't know where to find a diamond, a ring of wizardry, an ankheg plate and a pair of boots of speed in ten minutes).

Having said that, I've been playing the "which character should I play" game for a about a week know. Probably going with kensai/druid; but considering the other frontrunners are assassin and F/M/T.... this could take another week. I'm even considering wizardslayer/druid with grandmastery in darts.  :o

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »
I've been considering playing it a bit for fun at some point again myself, but I'm also horrible.

After Jan took away his copy of P4 I was convinced by friend to restart P3 as I was barely into the game anyway....

theshirn

« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2010, 04:58:44 AM »
Reinstalled Baldur's Gate/II/ToB/Tutu to go through the whole thing again, and some very I'm even considering wizardslayer/druid with grandmastery in darts.  :o
DO IT

and no Crimson Dart +3, you hear me

Anyway, I think I'll go with Kanji for my last member; from what I hear, physical attackers can actually dish out a lot in this one (as opposed to Devil Survivor, in which poor, poor Atsuro was playing very fourth fiddle).

ebarrett

« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2010, 05:35:51 AM »
DO IT

and no Crimson Dart +3, you hear me

I wouldn't know where it is anyway, what with item randomization on.  :V

But 1-3 base damage is... asdafgdhfgajg and I really don't know if I want to go through it yet again with a support character. I've played it three times from Candlekeep to Sundalasadasdasdasar (and once through ToB); mage/cleric, archer, and blade. I kinda want the chil- main character to get the major share of the screen-shakers and instagibs this time.  ;D

theshirn

« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2010, 06:01:58 AM »
So that'll do it for Disc 2 of FFVIII.

Edea didn't get to go.

...anticlimactic much?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »
Cursed Mountain. Even though I'm really, re~ally bad with survival horror games.... why do I still buy them? (o_0)

Well, at least the ghosts are defeatable and announce their arrival properly, so no scares there (yet).

Spidere

« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »
I beat Touhou SASA last night, I took a picture and cropped it for my avatar.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
Currently of focus have been Super Metroid (almost time for the Wrecked Ship, got the grapple and wave beams) and Chrono Trigger DS (only one Dimensional Vortex left... and then, Dream Devourer time!).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:30:31 PM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

theshirn

« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2010, 05:33:59 AM »
Magician Maxed, Shadow Rise/Teddie done.  Fun.  Level ~34.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2010, 05:41:20 AM »
I am also currently obsessed with Persona 4.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2010, 05:52:40 AM »
how many difficulty levels are there

It's definitely my favorite game of the genre and everyone should play it.

Also, Persona 3. I finished the last block on the same day I unlocked it. What an easy game. Now just to wait for 30 days. :P

theshirn

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2010, 05:53:25 AM »
I only get to play P4 when my roommate isn't around, since he wants to play it (it's his PS2 and game) but has a List first, and doesn't want anything spoiled.  My progress is understandably glacial.

Bananamatic

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »
Also, Persona 3. I finished the last block on the same day I unlocked it. What an easy game. Now just to wait for 30 days. :P
play on expert.
also what is your level atm

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
Well, finished the extra content in Chrono Trigger DS since that last post... the Dream Devourer fight wasn't too hard, though that could be because my level was in the low 60s when I fought it. :V
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
I am also currently obsessed with Persona 4.
I'm playing that again too. Normal mode is certainly a lot harder than Beginner. :P

Speaking of which, Altus announced a PSP remake of P3...For the US. It's already out in Japan, and chances are I'm guessing a lot of people imported it already. That's just me, though. For the uninformed, P3 Portable has a few additions/changes:

-Players can choose a female character this time, and some story scenes and stuff have changed to reflect that (Social Links and whatnot).
-Exploration outside of Tartarus has been changed to a more 2D focused point and click kind of deal. I'm a bit torn about this, I always liked walking around town as opposed to clicking on menus and such (leers at FFTA/2). Social Link scenes are done using 2D portraits as well.
-There is no "Answer" campaign in this version. I'm a bit on the fence about this one; on one hand, it's absurdly hard from what I read; on the other hand it has a good story behind it that explains the reasoning behind the ending of P3's main story.
-There IS a big plus in this version, though: you can finally control your party members directly, just like in P4! No more having to put up with lousy AI when you can take the wheels yourself. Much <3 there, though I question why the heck Atlus never allowed you to directly control your comrades in the first place. In addition, the "Guard" command has been added from P4 as well, which should make a ton of boss encounters a lot easier.

The US version is coming out in July, and with P1 out as well, it seems I have a reason to buy a PSP again...But I could also get regular old P3: FES. Does this new release justify a purchase? I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Bananamatic

« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »
meh, P4 seems too easy on anything less than Expert :V

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2010, 11:32:11 PM »
I'm torn between S4 and Touhou Labyrinth right now. Of course, when I get to school, it'll be Touhou Guru Guru and Touhou Labyrinth.

Speaking of which, I beat Guru Guru on normal. I'm skipping to the hardest difficulty, puzzle league games have always been too easy for me for some reason, even when everyone else is getting owned.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2010, 02:28:05 AM »
Since I'm at school now and Jan has his P4 I'm playing P3 again... at the beginning as I was suckered into starting over...

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2010, 02:37:28 AM »
You always gotta play on Expert mode when it comes to Persona games. Did my first and second runthrough of persona 3 on expert. Thinking back on that it really wasn't that great of a plan since you couldn't control your teammates.

But when I read about that P3 remix on the PSP I got incredibly hyped.

Seriously, P4 > P3 in my book.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2010, 04:35:15 AM »
I've been playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I also felt like replaying FFV, so I'm playing it with a friend via netplay.

Spidere

« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2010, 04:56:03 AM »
Bayonetta. Last Boss. Now.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:28 AM »
You always gotta play on Expert mode when it comes to Persona games.
If you want to get frustrated at progressing through the game, yes. There's a fine line between "challenge" and "unfair." And an even finer line between enjoying grinding and loathing it. (leers at FFIII DS)

Bayonetta. Last Boss. Now.
I played on Very Easy while I was renting it. =V I wanted to finish the game before I had to return it, so I could see how the story turned out. Crazy.

Bananamatic

« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2010, 05:22:29 AM »
P3 was pretty unfair on Expert and I remember the amount of resets for nearly every boss.

The bosses got higher level spells pretty fast and they were close to party wipes. And you got Mediarama 10 levels later compared to P4.

Status effects...I hated how nearly every boss had Poison Mist or Sexy Dance and one cast usually hit everyone because the hit rate was ridiculous on Expert. Poison completely screwed up the AI thanks to bad programming and Charm was just annoying.

Mind Charge could be only countered by praying that the enemy falls before a spell goes off. If it does, everyone is dead.

P4 was much, much better.