Author Topic: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 60296 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »
> "No, but I brought her back. Come."
> Beckon to Renko, then open a gap back to Turtle House and head through.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #781 on: September 03, 2014, 04:52:52 AM »
> "No, but I brought her back. Come."
> Beckon to Renko, then open a gap back to Turtle House and head through.

>"Right, okay," says Renko. She walks through the gap without a moment's hesitation.
>You and Ran follow her back; you emerge in time to hear Maribel call out "Yeah, I'm up here!" and see Renko hurry down the hall.
>"What happened! Where were you!?"
>"I don't even really know what happened myself, but it's a long story. I got stranded somewhere weird..."
>"Related to this," says Ran, "I have tried to keep word of your disappearance quiet. Well, any unplanned disappearance. I do wish you would have warned me about that reporter coming, though. I had to fend her off with non-answers. Now, I don't suppose you would be so kind as to find Chen? She and I have been searching turns for some evidence of what happened."

>_

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2014, 04:55:45 AM »
> Do we have the shikigami connection with Chen?
> If not, does Ran?
> "Certainly. Where did you send her last?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #783 on: September 03, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »
> Do we have the shikigami connection with Chen?
> If not, does Ran?
> "Certainly. Where did you send her last?"

>No.
>Ran does, but it is not strong enough to locate Chen when she is too far away.
>"She should be searching around southwestern Forest of Magic," says Ran. "Past the mansion."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2014, 05:06:05 AM »
> Open some spy gaps in the indicated area.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »
> Open some spy gaps in the indicated area.

>Quietly open a few gaps, while you can just hear Maribel trying to summarize things to Renko in a cohesive manner and only half-succeeding. It takes you a few moments, but you get a glimpse of her distinctive green cap at one part of the forest, as she peeks inside an old log.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #786 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:42 AM »
> "Aha."
> Open and step through a gap to where Chen is.

« Reply #787 on: September 03, 2014, 05:23:02 AM »
>"You've found me Chen!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #788 on: September 03, 2014, 05:35:51 AM »
> "Aha."
> Open and step through a gap to where Chen is.

>You widen the spy gap and step through, finding yourself in a deep and seldom-traveled part of the forest. If you're not mistaken, that hole to Avalon that you had to repair probably isn't too far away from here.

>"You've found me Chen!"

>"Dyah!" Chen cries out, jumping. She whirls around and gives you a look. "Don't do that! And where were you! Ran's been so worried she could barely even sleep you know!"

>_

« Reply #789 on: September 03, 2014, 05:45:37 AM »
>"I was whisked away to a magical land with less unicorns and rainbows than I would have liked. But I'm back now and Ran and I have some business to deal with, so why don't I send you on home?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #790 on: September 03, 2014, 05:56:16 AM »
>"I was whisked away to a magical land with less unicorns and rainbows than I would have liked. But I'm back now and Ran and I have some business to deal with, so why don't I send you on home?"

>"That's a pretty lousy explanation," says Chen, "But yeah, I wanna go to bed."

>_

« Reply #791 on: September 03, 2014, 05:57:53 AM »
>Open a gap for her then return to Ran and the others.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #792 on: September 03, 2014, 06:20:20 AM »
>Open a gap for her then return to Ran and the others.

>You open a gap back home, and Chen strolls through it.
>"Frankly, it's out of my hands," says Vladimir, a thin man, with dark blue hair and an impressive mustache fresh from yesteryear. He gives a shrug. "I would rather like to develop a line along  Fifth Street myself, but that was part of the emancipation agreement. I don't know why the Americans thought it was so important, but they most certainly were adamant about it. I suppose they're worried about the base losing a direct line to the power plant? It's a pity. Regardless, we have agreed not to develop below that region, and I'm unable to get them to budge even a little bit. Inconvenient as it is, I'd prefer to pick a better hill to die on than a new sewage line that we can build elsewhere..."
>You return back to Maribel's household, Ran glancing in your direction as you step in. "I hope she wasn't up to trouble?" she asks.

>_

>_

« Reply #793 on: September 03, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
>Are we definitely sure that this is just the memories that we absorbed earlier? Could there be some lingering rooty presence?
>"No, though she was none too impressed with me for making you worry. I sent her home."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #794 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
>Are we definitely sure that this is just the memories that we absorbed earlier? Could there be some lingering rooty presence?
>"No, though she was none too impressed with me for making you worry. I sent her home."

>You...can't say for sure. But given you ripped the thing apart with your own hands, you doubt it. As well, if you were in the entity's presence, you want to believe you'd feel it.
>"Heh, I hope she wasn't too mouthy, then," says Ran. "Regardless, I think you intend to do this in a hurry, you're going to have to call them. Otherwise Maribel is going to spend awhile gossiping with Renko."

>_

« Reply #795 on: September 03, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
>"Very well then."
>Walk over to where Maribel and Renko are.
>"If you two are done chatting, I was thinking that we should all head over to the Hakurei shrine and I could explain what has happened over a nice cup of tea."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #796 on: September 03, 2014, 07:22:32 AM »
>"Very well then."
>Walk over to where Maribel and Renko are.
>"If you two are done chatting, I was thinking that we should all head over to the Hakurei shrine and I could explain what has happened over a nice cup of tea."

>You make your way further inside, where a changed and dressed Maribel is busy trying to describe the floating islands to Renko, demonstrating the tiny one she claimed, which is now floating between them.
>"Oh, sure," says Maribel. "Could we maybe have dinner there, too? I'm just about ready to go eat a bag of raw rice!"
>"And perhaps you should make yourself a bit more presentable as well?" Ran says.

>_

« Reply #797 on: September 03, 2014, 07:28:18 AM »
>"I'm sure Reimu will be more than happy to accommodate you."
>"Actually would you mind if I had a quick look at that souvenir of yours?"
>Assuming she allows it: inspect small island for rooty presence.
>I don't suppose we can manipulate the border between disheveled and presentable?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #798 on: September 03, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
Wow, two pages of replies since last time I checked.

So just a quick lore check people: In the Three Fairies manga, there was a tree behind Reimu's Shrine, that got hit by lightning, split into two. Reimu thought it as a good sign and she did venerate the tree for a day, but then forgotten about it. As it turned out, the tree lie at the exact middle of the border between Gensokyo and the Outside World. When the lighting hit it, it caused a large hole to rip open in the border. However, the tree's Outside World version quickly replaced the old tree, and then Yukari allowed the Three Fairies to move into the new tree, because fairies are basically the natural energy of Gensokyo itself, so with them living there on the border, their presence would sooner or later mend the hole in the border.

Since Purvis' Quests do follow the canon lore quite a bit, I think it's safe to say that the Old Tree was the Branch Entity. And the memories might mean that you should check out the three fairies' tree behind Reimu's shrine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #799 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:55 AM »
>"I'm sure Reimu will be more than happy to accommodate you."
>"Actually would you mind if I had a quick look at that souvenir of yours?"
>Assuming she allows it: inspect small island for rooty presence.
>I don't suppose we can manipulate the border between disheveled and presentable?

>"Good, good," says Maribel. "And sure. You helped me get it, after all."
>You have a look at it, as does Ran and Renko. You cannot see any signs of roots upon it.
>"Are those buildings?" Renko says.
>"Yup!" Maribel replies.
>"Such a curious miniature," Ran says.
>"Oh, you don't know the half of it," Maribel says.
>You could. But it would take a little work and leave a mess on Maribel's floor. Not to mention it wouldn't fix your hair too well, or replace your missing articles of clothing.

>_

« Reply #800 on: September 03, 2014, 07:57:34 AM »
>Open a gap to the Hakurei shrine.
>"Ran, help Reimu make some tea and snacks; no, dinner. It could be a long talk. I'm going to go and get myself presentable."
>"You two can wait here or go with Ran. It's up to you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #801 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:49 AM »
>Open a gap to the Hakurei shrine.
>"Ran, help Reimu make some tea and snacks; no, dinner. It could be a long talk. I'm going to go and get myself presentable."
>"You two can wait here or go with Ran. It's up to you."

>"I can do something," says Ran, "Don't tarry too long."
>"Might as well go now," says Maribel, as she follows Ran into the gap.

>_

« Reply #802 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:33 AM »
>Gap ourselves home and do our best to dignify ourself without taking too long.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #803 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »
>Gap ourselves home and do our best to dignify ourself without taking too long.

>You return home and finally change out of those old clothes! To be honest, you'd absolutely love to have a long bath right now, but there are other things to deal with. You just have to be satisfied with drying yourself off. As you start to get properly dressed, you can hear light snores from Chen's part of the house.
>You always loved to visit the wharf.  Perhaps it wasn't quite so busy these days, since the airport was built, but there were always ships coming and going. Giant things laden with containers, cruise ships, the occasional yacht. As well, fishermen of all kinds, bringing in the latest catch. Of course, Ran would insist that was your true reason for enjoying it so much, and she would never believe it when you told her otherwise. Still, the press of human activity here had a certain kind of character that you couldn't find anywhere else on the island, a kind of special blend of east and west that gave it a feeling of transience, rather that the numerous traditions that have grown up in other places around the island where they have melded into their own unique culture.
>You spend more time fiddling with your hair than you like, but in the end, you feel significantly more like a proper person again.

>_

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #804 on: September 03, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
> Now that we're alone, allow ourselves a sigh of relief and a deep breath - we're okay now yukari, the hard part is over already.

> After that, gap to the Hakurei Shrine again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #805 on: September 03, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »
> Now that we're alone, allow ourselves a sigh of relief and a deep breath - we're okay now yukari, the hard part is over already.

> After that, gap to the Hakurei Shrine again.

>It's been kind of a radical shift, but if nothing else, you feel safe for the first time in days. Seeing Ran again, that's what did it.
>Once you are prepared, you return to the Hakurei Shrine. Stepping out in front of it, you can see Renko and Maribel sitting on the porch, chatting among themselves. Inside, you can hear some plates clattering. A moment after you emerge, you note a small green-haired faerie flying through one of the side windows into the forest.
>"Oh hey," says Maribel. "Ran wanted me to tell you that there'll be a little delay on dinner; she needed to go fetch some things, since Reimu doesn't have enough onhand to feed everyone."

>_

« Reply #806 on: September 03, 2014, 09:21:46 AM »
>Thank Maribel and continue into the shrine to talk to Reimu.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #807 on: September 03, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
>Thank Maribel and continue into the shrine to talk to Reimu.

>You thank Maribel and make your way into the Shrine. You find Reimu at the cabinet, preparing some tea leaves while a large kettle boils on a small stove.
>"There you are," she says.

>_

« Reply #808 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »
>"Indeed, here I am. And now that everyone is gathered you can get that explanation you wanted."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #809 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »
>"Indeed, here I am. And now that everyone is gathered you can get that explanation you wanted."

>"Thought you were only gonna explain it once or something?" says Reimu.

>_