Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 233718 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )
« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
Nice! That will make getting a far location all the easier. :3

Time to bring out my modded 1.2.5 out of hibernation :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
Well, its been quite a while since Ive been on this website. Sometimes I think I go on just for this server.
On a side but important note, stuff or strafe, I don't want anything of mine imported except my mushrooms. All my other stuff, its awful to me now, I don't want it.

« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
Server will open tomorrow if all goes well.
At first I was thinking this was too soon.. I have yet to do my SCIENCE since the server isn't quite stable yet. Now, I'm thinking that this timeframe would be fine, and I'll do my testing while we are open for everyone. Here's the catch, though.. I work long shifts on the weekends. So, you guys get to run around for a bit until I return. It will be late, though. I am concerned about the lag involved when I import the large schematics. I apologize in advance to anyone that will be online at that time :V

Looking at the map of our new world, it seems that there is quite a bit of oceans this time too. Not as much as last time. At least the Mushroom Biomes will be within the border edges. There are also plenty of snowfields scattered about. It seems like a rather diverse map. One note of clarification though. 6400 is the diameter of the map. While the border is expanded ~700 blocks over last time, we still get a suitable amount more space. A 6400 radius would just be scary.

And to everyone that is opting out of schematics, that's fine. I still have access to everything that was built.. so if you change your mind later, track me down.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #663 on: June 15, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
I was thinking it would be a bit early as well, but if it works, then sure. I probably won't be around much of tomorrow though, so I'll most likely miss the opening. There's also that last TF2 meet tomorrow too so :V
Sunday might've been better to open for testing purposes during the time of it getting set up, along with getting schematics underway and not lagging/crashing everyone every few minutes, plus server downtime and mod stability checking.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #664 on: June 15, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
Tomorrow's definitely too soon. I would rather have a day be spent on stability testing while the rest of us mope around in TF2 or something. :V

Have it open on Sunday to the people with special schematics from that post back, so that we can get most of the import lag taken care of ahead of time. Send the IP via PM or Steam message or whatever to them. Then open the server to all on Monday.
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #665 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
I've been meaning to ask, if I count the glowstone/sponge/wood I used for my tunnels/wood pillars could I get the materials back? Asking for them to be imported would just be silly, and it'd be better for me to build new ones.  Don't care about anything else getting re-imported really (kind of wanted my skele-spawner/farm back, but I won't make you mess with that). And you should expect at least a few of us not to pop on Saturday thanks to tf2 (blame EP, it was all his idea!  :V).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »
(blame EP, it was all his idea!  :V).
Also blame Gpop; we agreed to this weekend partly due to his schedule too! :V
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #667 on: June 16, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
It would actually be better if not everybody was there for the grand opening because, as you've noticed, the server isn't particular stable once you start going past ten people or so :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
And speaking of server stability, now the TF2 server has fallen victim to random crashes. As I noted to Cubic, it's the Curse of the Offsite MotK Servers. :V

That aside, point taken. I'll try to keep the lot in TF2 land :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »
DONT WORRY ILL BE ON

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2012, 04:19:10 AM »
Guys, please don't slaughter the villagers
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #671 on: June 16, 2012, 09:07:40 AM »
I'll most likely be doing the schematic fun on Monday, as I will have much more time then. That is unless you fools want to wait until at least 4am for me to get home. (if we reopen early) :V

Guys, please don't slaughter the villagers
Agreed. I want to see this villager trading thing for myself. I'll make a miniature village in my new Fortress if I have to. :V

I've been meaning to ask, if I count the glowstone/sponge/wood I used for my tunnels/wood pillars could I get the materials back? Asking for them to be imported would just be silly, and it'd be better for me to build new ones.  Don't care about anything else getting re-imported really (kind of wanted my skele-spawner/farm back, but I won't make you mess with that).
Yeah, spawners are typically out of the running for schematic work. I saved a skeleton spawner for Cadmas(?) long ago, and we never did bring it back. Anyway, there's more adventure to be had, so I suggest just finding a new one.

Regarding your other request.. Are you referring to your winding underwater path? That seems to be the only thing I can remember you using sponge for.. Sure, count 'em up and let me know. However, as far as reimbursement goes.. depending on the numbers, here are my thoughts: Glowstone- Yes.  Sponge- Maybe yes.  Wood- Nah... it's too plentiful. I'd like to reimburse people for significant amounts of items lost (1 side of Sparda's massive cobblestone wall) or lots of items lost that are rather expensive to remake (rails for EP)

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #672 on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »
EEE! I cannot wait! The server will open up soooo soon  :o

Do I still have to have a touhou themed skin or will I be shunned?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #673 on: June 16, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
Touhou skn requirement? Pfft, that's old-hat stuff. :V

Most skins will still be Touhous and some will keep encouraging their use, but it's just personal preference.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #674 on: June 16, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
You don't have to be a touhou but you do have to be a magical kawaii animu girl. :3

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #675 on: June 16, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »
Glowstone- Yes. Sponge- Maybe yes.  Wood- Nah...
Glowstone 166, sponge 172, wood 620 (even if I wasn't getting it back, I wanted to see how much I used).
Figure if Sparda sets up another donation chest it won't be long before he's rolling in cobble again. He's got 3.5 double chests worth in front of the town, probably has more stored elsewhere, and there's lots of excavating likely to occur in the near future.
Otherwise, server opens soon. Get hype!  :3
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #676 on: June 17, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »
abit to much hype from waiting today  :ohdear:

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #677 on: June 17, 2012, 01:30:07 AM »
Sorry, we're waiting on the database for Logblock to be put in. Strafe needs a bit of additional time for SCIENCE as well.

Anyway, I guess I can give a few more details about what's going on.

- A big new addition to the server is that I have added a small superflat world for the purpose of art projects! Here you can place all the giant sprites and poverty art you want. No mobs or animals spawn here, and the weather is always clear. The catch is that you are not allowed to live in the superflat world. Specifically, chests and furnaces will not be permitted.

- We're using a new plugin called PearlXP. Want to go do something suicidal but don't want to lose your XP? Now you can! All you need is an Ender Pearl. You can store your XP in it, and use it again later to get it back.

- You will have the ability to construct new warp points for use with the /warp command, but at a cost! The specifics remain to be seen...

« Reply #678 on: June 17, 2012, 02:45:11 AM »
can you keep placing exp into the same pearl?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #679 on: June 17, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »
No, but you can use the pearl to take the xp out, and then put it right back in along with however much other xp you have.

It's maxed at 800 xp per pearl (enough to go from level 0 to level 20), so if you just axed the dragon and you're like level 50 you'll need a bunch of pearls to store it all.

« Reply #680 on: June 17, 2012, 02:51:14 AM »
tradeable exp? :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »
Yes, exactly!

Time to set up an economy for how much your souls are worth.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2012, 04:00:30 AM »
What about workbenches in Superflat?

Also, tradeable EXP ought to be glorious. :getdown:
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »
Does the superflat world mean we won't need to have sprites blocking our way and overall making the scenery uglier in the living world?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
I do very much enjoy the thought of tradable experience, considering my enchanting luck and all.

...Contract with me and receive a magical sword.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
Welp. My SCIENCE has concluded. Results are mixed, but not too good. :ohdear:

In short, the empty chest glitch still persists. I think I've isolated an issue that seems to trigger it: the actual saving/loading of the schematics themselves (in-game, by use of WorldEdit). The glitch doesn't always trigger, and most times, it transfers some of the contents of the chest. This means that we're taking a gamble with the items whenever we save/load schematics. Everything else is intact. (well, except signs too)

There is a workaround to this, but it just makes things harder. If I were to use just //copy and //paste, then it seems that chest contents transfer fine. Well, at least a seemingly higher success rate. What this means is I would have to make the copy/paste on the fly.. and in terms of Sparda's & Cadmas' areas, traveling between the old and new worlds for each copy/paste session. I cannot guarantee 100% success, but at least it gives some hope.

Alternatively, I have thought about bringing the owner into the old world and letting them "stock up" on whatever they want to keep before the transfer. I'm still debating the feasibility of this route, but it would guarantee that people wouldn't lose their cherished possessions like rare Enchanted stuff. If anything, I'd limit the amount of supply trips so that the process doesn't take forever. Seriously, who wants to spend time transferring 42 chests of cobblestone? :V We'll see if this option should come into play if the previous copy/paste option doesn't quite work right.

I wish I had better news, but we have to play the hand we're dealt.. The only hope I have left will have to be put into actual practice when we reopen. Oh, and if anyone wants me to import any of the old schematics (from before the Full-Release), then their items are as good as lost. Sorry, I can't really do much more.

Stuffman, feel free to open the server to everyone at your leisure. All I need by then is access to those two worlds.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
Welp. My SCIENCE has concluded. Results are mixed, but not too good. :ohdear:

In short, the empty chest glitch still persists. I think I've isolated an issue that seems to trigger it: the actual saving/loading of the schematics themselves (in-game, by use of WorldEdit). The glitch doesn't always trigger, and most times, it transfers some of the contents of the chest. This means that we're taking a gamble with the items whenever we save/load schematics. Everything else is intact. (well, except signs too)
...huh, this is bizarre and very peculiar.

There is a workaround to this, but it just makes things harder. If I were to use just //copy and //paste, then it seems that chest contents transfer fine. Well, at least a seemingly higher success rate. What this means is I would have to make the copy/paste on the fly.. and in terms of Sparda's & Cadmas' areas, traveling between the old and new worlds for each copy/paste session. I cannot guarantee 100% success, but at least it gives some hope.
This works fine for smaller schematics, but of course not stuff like Sparda's and Cadmas' areas.

Alternatively, I have thought about bringing the owner into the old world and letting them "stock up" on whatever they want to keep before the transfer. I'm still debating the feasibility of this route, but it would guarantee that people wouldn't lose their cherished possessions like rare Enchanted stuff. If anything, I'd limit the amount of supply trips so that the process doesn't take forever. Seriously, who wants to spend time transferring 42 chests of cobblestone? :V We'll see if this option should come into play if the previous copy/paste option doesn't quite work right.
Good idea, but save it for those who have large or many schematics and a lot of stuff scattered between them.

I wish I had better news, but we have to play the hand we're dealt.. The only hope I have left will have to be put into actual practice when we reopen.
Quick, re-shuffle the deck! :V
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
Launch imminent. Creating new thread.