Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 235289 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Cadrin. I will concede that I was mistaken about the "twice" comment. Upon review, I had once presented a case to the players about tomhoffman and DDR to return to the server. They were both reinstated, but only tom came back. Tom ended up griefing or stealing once again, and I had to cut him off for good.

The flowerbed instance happened so soon after tom's regression, that I had originally thought about removing you as well. I investigated the scene to discover the culprit. I cleaned up and repaired the damage. And I chose not to ban you out of the hopes that this was just an isolated incident. This was not an open declaration, but a mental note.. The defacing of EP's tower happened soon after, and again you were the culprit. This time, I acted accordingly. I removed you and performed a rollback on your actions for the past couple days. This was to undo any other "improvements" that might have been made to other people's structures. You may or may not have done anything other than that, but I wasn't going to take that chance.

My mistake was confusing my mental note about you with my open appeal for DDR.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
Picking apart Strafe's words doesn't do you any good because I'm the one making a stand here.

I didn't approve of tomhoffman being unbanned but I decided to let Strafe be nice about it. If it was up to me the rule would have stuck, and now I have all the reason I need to be a hardass about it.

You fucked with somebody's property without their permission. You are banned. End of story.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
Man, TL;DR in here.  :derp:

Also Raymoo it wasn't just -your- arena :V I think it was me and someone else who started it. Maybe you or axman. Think it was you. Or him. Not sure.

I wouldn't mind getting a chance to actually kill someone in it someday perhaps. Maybe you. You'll do nicely.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #633 on: June 09, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
IIRC the arena idea was by you and axman, with Haku joining in early in its development.

As for first victim, I vote Shady for that position. :getdown:

EDIT: Yeah, I decided I want the whole Y0-Y128 tower again for schematics stuff. (also fixed auto-spell check)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:15:36 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #634 on: June 09, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
One final say on this matter and then I'm done with it for good. More or less finishing up some thoughts that I forgot to bring up in my last post.

Quote from: Dr.Strafe's post at the time of Cadrin's removal
Two things, people. First, the player Cadrin has been removed from the whitelist. He is the one responsible for the Peace Sign on EP's Tower. I had granted him a reprieve after the TNT incident at Dorakyura's flowerbed (Oct. 18), but it seems that was a misplaced trust. Two griefing incidents within three days of each other is a bit much.  Also, his recent actions have been rolled back, so the Tower is restored. He's not banned outright, but he can sit out for a while. Stuffman and I will discuss things further.
If anything, this reiterates what I had previously said in my last post. Even though your antics were considered tame in my book, they happened too close together, and too soon after tomhoffman's relapse and the increasingly out-of-control Poverty Art/Anarchy World crap. At the time, I hadn't considered it a formal ban, and had every intention on discussing it with Stuffman after some time.

However, your response to this left a different taste in my mouth. You openly claim that you wanted to do more modifications "to see how far I could push it and see for myself when griefing becomes unacceptable." I felt that if I hadn't acted when I did, you would have continued to push us by doing more daring things. This whole debacle was as sudden as it was random.

My dilemma during all of this time was if I had reinstated you, would you have a sudden urge to do this crap again. Your many many posts hinting, suggesting, begging to return weren't helping me make my decision any easier. Nonetheless, I made good on my offer to you and ran the question by Stuffman to see his thoughts. He flatly refused. Now, I'm not trying to pin this on Stuffman to try to shirk my role in this mess. If anything, he helped me realize that I have been too soft on enforcing player removals.

Shady brought up a good point as I was discussing it with him as well. To paraphrase:"So, the limits before getting banned are blowing stuff up, building random crap, and making a peace sign on someone's property?" When said like that, it does make this whole situation laughable. However, when I reviewed the entire situation at the time, I realized why I had removed you in the first place:  the seeming disregard for other players' structures, and the potential threat of future incidents.

Sorry that this entire situation erupted into several text walls, folks. With this, I am done with the matter. Stuffman and I will be preparing the new server in the coming days, and we will be opening up a new thread to announce our return. More news as it comes about.

As for first victim, I vote Shady for that position. :getdown:
Nah. Bullying Shady is old-hat. We've moved onto targeting flying Lunarians now. >:D

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #635 on: June 09, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
Nah. Bullying Shady is old-hat. We've moved onto targeting flying Lunarians now. >:D
Too late! The flying Lunarian is no more. :P

Spoiler:
oh wait I forgot that by this you could also mean any criteria of the 'crazy lunarian kappa tengu of capitalism', which in that case...well shit. :U
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:43:49 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »
Oh? What is your skin this time? Or are you waiting to reveal it once we reopen? :V

Also, yeah I can save your tower in full. (nothing I haven't done before) Were you planning on placing it on land or back out in the middle of an ocean? Also, what of your "reserved countryside"?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
You'll see the skin once we re-open. :3 I have Aya up for now as a placeholder.

As for the tower it'll probably be on terra firma this time, and closer to everything in general (but not 'next to spawn' close like it was in 1.7.3 world 3/1.8 ). The reserved countryside? I have more complex plans for that.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Also Raymoo it wasn't just -your- arena :V I think it was me and someone else who started it. Maybe you or axman. Think it was you. Or him. Not sure.
Yeah yeah, it's ours, you and me started it together and ax helped a lot :V
I'm just full of ideas for it, most probably won't work
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #639 on: June 10, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »
Hi, this is your friendly neighbour the siege machine. While certain debates/discussions can get tense, I prefer to see it being discussed in a civil (which has been fairly done so far so kudos for that). Unfortunately, I had to siege down few posts which weren't fitting. Please keep this in mind.

Don't worry, your homes won't be sieged down and your fridges and food supplies are unharmed.

« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »
WARNING! WARNING!
A LARGE TEXT WALL IS CURRENTLY INBOUND TO YOUR LOCATION

Alright. I'm at a suitable stopping point before I head out of town tomorrow. I should be back sometime Wednesday to resume, and do some of the more serious SCIENCE needed for this wave of schematics. Since that blank sign/empty chest bug kinda threw a kink into my original plans, I'm tackling this schematic session differently.

I'm taking more of an "opt in" approach this time. What does that mean? Well, the last couple of times, I spent quite a bit of time saving everything for everybody only to have several people not come back to the server.. I know that we've been down for a while now, so we're probably going to have even less regulars once we reopen. So. Since the previous world1 and world2 will be uploaded for me, I'll be saving the bulk of the schematics upon request from the people that do come back. It's been so long, I don't remember what everyone had built, much less where everything was! Fortunately, most of the structures were built around spawn or around the towns, so you guys won't be missing too much. The far off structures, and the random stuff I can't remember... well, that's on you to remember. :V

If the empty chest bug happens anyway, I'll let you guys know before we reopen. Sure, everyone will be "starting over" with their items and inventory, but at least I'll try to make sure you get to keep your homes and stuff.

I went ahead and saved all of the large schematics. Even if they don't work or import correctly, I have the coordinates needed to save them again. Here are some notes from my travels:

Hakurei City- By far the biggest schematic set. 12 schematics, each with varying sizes. Everything is saved in full, except for the rightmost outer wall, and the underground railway. Everyone's homes within both walls were saved with no issue. Everything outside will need to be done separately. (Dusty's, Crow's, etc.) Oh, and if we can keep our items, I will be returning the non-accepted gifts from our Australian Christmas to the people that gave them. (Sunny, Exuro, and Dorakyura)

Cadmas Empire- Just about equal in size to Hakurei City, but far easier. 9 equally sized schematics. All that careful planning on your part really helped me out! :V As we search for new worlds, we'll be trying to find a suitable enough Tundra/Taiga zone for you.  Also, I've discovered that WorldEdit can reassign Biomes, so I'll be testing to see if that works once we're back online. (it doesn't work in the offline version.) That way we can just make you a large enough snowfield if we have to. More on that later.

Houraiville- Much smaller town region than the other two. Thankfully you didn't go too far underground. I did omit a large cobblestone area (looks like plans or measurements for an expansion for the city, or even a mansion) for sanity's sake. If you're unhappy that I chopped it off, I'll reimburse you for it. Everything else is saved and intact. One fairly large schematic.

Dorakyura's Underground- Not as bad as I thought. Fortunately, some of the previous markers were there from last time! The only thing that is noteworthy on this one is the fact that I saved it while standing inside the area. So, when scouting out a place, think of where you want the first bridge to go (by the glass wall with the waterfall behind it) and which direction you want the main courtyard to face from there. We will be importing this while we are underground. :V Oh, and I still have access to your Chireiden palace from long ago. I'll test to make sure that I can still import it with no problems.

EP World Trade Center- Nothing I haven't done before. Bedrock to sky, just like last time. If you place it on solid ground, then it should be a seamless import. As far as orientation is concerned, think of which side of the building you want your shop to be on. Since the building is entirely symmetrical, that was the only anchor point that I could think of. That way, I can get the proper rotation for you once we import.

Shady Land- Wait. Why did I save this again? :V I expanded off of the far wall to save some of that mycelium for you, as well as kept a little bit of that pit. Not much, but it is marked in case you want to dig it again.

Castlevania- Finally, Stuffman's Castlevania. I know that you said you wanted to build a new one for the sake of the new height limit. Everything is saved into one large schematic to place anywhere you wish. Up to you if you want to keep it for nostalgia, or to tear down for resources. Orientation-wise, think of which side of the complex you want the Clock Tower on.

That's about it. The Community stuff, PX's chests, Haku's arena, and everything else (including my own stuff) will wait until I return. Like I said before, I'd like to bring in the owners of the large projects listed above before we officially reopen. This way, the imports won't lag everyone down. Trust me. There's still a substantial amount of lag involved. :V

I'll be back in a few days. Hopefully, I will also bring good news about our belongings. See ya~

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
Like I said, my original Manor hasn't changed at all since the last import, so go ahead and just use the schematic from the alst time if you still have it around. As for the Fortress... I'm going to miss it, but I guess I can chop off the second island and rails this time, long as I get my rails and whatnot back from it. Some mycelium from the ground there wouldn't be too shabby either. Just be sure that you go down far enough with the import to get everything - the bottom layer of that drop-down room you helped me design the trapdoor for should be as deep as it needs to go.

...And I really don't want the Godsword and rest of my enchanted armory to disappear.  :ohdear:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »
*Waves* Don't forget about my forest/swamp empire!

Which include:
-Not the house, I'll make a new one.
-The vault's contents under the bridge in front of the house if possible. (Surprise!)
-The wooden tower with the floating island above it.
-The enchanting tower in the swamp.
-The pub tree. *hic*
-The portal house. (It's simple, but I like it)
-The cow and melon farms. (Gonna need lots of leather soon)
-The Enderdragon that I spawned in Hakurei Town. (:P)
-The school area.
-The school area!
-Not the holes in the desert.
-...The contents of the chests :< *waves box of enchanted diamond tools in the air*

Did I miss anything? ...Well, I dug out a big multilayered 16x16 hole very close to the wooden tower 20 levels underground or so. I'd like to import that too, because I want to finish digging out that "chunk error" one day and then fill it up with an awesome vertical underground town.
(Or maybe mysterious destructive mod powers to do the job would be nice? *wink wink*)

..Yeah, I built a lot. There goes my free time when the server goes up again :V
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #643 on: June 11, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
Tower orientation shouldn't be a problem. It's constantly been rotating anyway throughout its lifespan. :V
Bad command or file name

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #644 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »
Hey there, been so long since I last played SMP! (and replied on the forums, too; just around when the server went down...)
I'm honestly not sure I'll be playing that much when the server reopens (mainly because I can't think of anything to build apart from improving my Companion Cube), but I'd like said Cube to be saved, and I wouldn't mind having it imported in a more or less remote location so you guys have enough room around spawn (not that it's that big or anything, though).
If possible, I would also like to retrieve the schematic, so I can plan the inside in SSP, but I'm in no hurry at all.

Good mining/crafting to all!

« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45:55 AM »
I would like all the melons

« Reply #646 on: June 13, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
Quote from: A few people
Schematic reminders and requests
Yeah, I can import anything that you guys needed from the last server... but the key point to this schematic session is "if I can't find it, I can't save it."
-I can vaguely recall where Exuro's Fortress is. Along the way to my base, so I'm sure I can find it again.
-All I remember about Rawr's place is that it was on one of the very few mushroom biomes on the edge of the map :ohdear: Might I suggest allowing me to import the schematics from last time instead? I don't recall if you worked out there after I imported them last time..
-aaand Puremrz. Nope I haven't forgotten about you or Tanuki Land. In fact, I plan on bringing you over to the "backup worlds" once they're in place (after we reopen..). This way, we can travel the area find your stuff together. Trust me, I have no idea where that school is :V

Oh I'm back, by the way :V

« Reply #647 on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
Im fine with the old ones. Will just be effort getting all the melons back

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
You know, I went and made a schematic of my house from the backup put up a while ago, and imported it into a fresh, 1.2.5 SSP world, and the import went fine, no blank signs or chests at all. Though I didn't use WE because I have no idea how to work it atm, I used MCEdit instead, which has some Anvil support right now. Maybe that might solve some chest/sign issues? I have no idea, but it might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #649 on: June 13, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »
You still have my castle? :V

« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
You know, I went and made a schematic of my house from the backup put up a while ago, and imported it into a fresh, 1.2.5 SSP world, and the import went fine, no blank signs or chests at all. Though I didn't use WE because I have no idea how to work it atm, I used MCEdit instead, which has some Anvil support right now. Maybe that might solve some chest/sign issues? I have no idea, but it might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.
Yeah, it's either a WorldEdit or Single Player Commands issue. Offline, both are bundled together.. I'm still hoping the online version works correctly.

Also, which version of MCEdit did you use? I'm guessing mine went kaput during the Anvil conversion..

You still have my castle? :V
I do. Last saved November 28th.. :V I'd have to do a test import to make sure everything (piston gate) works correctly.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #651 on: June 13, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
Also, which version of MCEdit did you use? I'm guessing mine went kaput during the Anvil conversion..
0.1.1, found on forum here. (one at the top of the list under downloads)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #652 on: June 14, 2012, 04:12:01 AM »
I do not like to read but judging what people are saying ... ... Strafe, you do not need to save anything of mine. I want to start over >:D

And I want to make this http://imgur.com/1gVdu  :3
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:16:57 AM by Dinosaur »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #653 on: June 14, 2012, 04:26:53 AM »
And I want to make this http://imgur.com/1gVdu  :3
AFK Express version 2 - now with 100% more currents and 100% less derailing incidents! :V
Bad command or file name

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #654 on: June 14, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »
-aaand Puremrz. Nope I haven't forgotten about you or Tanuki Land. In fact, I plan on bringing you over to the "backup worlds" once they're in place (after we reopen..). This way, we can travel the area find your stuff together. Trust me, I have no idea where that school is :V
I'm pretty sure you've been there before! But it's still half finished, so you probably didn't recognise it. It's the white-grey "ruins" south east of the rest of my junk in the forest. You can see it from higher areas such as the tree-pub.

Oh I'm back, by the way :V
*cheer* :toot:

The grand re-opening is getting closer...! And of course you'll see that right after we start the server again, Jeb will release another update. Although I can't wait to make a trade-prison for villagers.  :3
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
I'm generating the map now. You can take a preview of the seed I picked, dollmaker_of_bucaresti.

It starts out in a lovely green meadow, surrounded on all sides by biomes of all types. There's a large chasm nearby that seems to extend into some caves below, and an interesting village right at the entrance to a large hollow leading down to the other side of a mountain.

The total map size will be 6400 x 6400, so it will have more area than old world 1 and 2 combined.

Server will open tomorrow if all goes well.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #656 on: June 15, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
Are you generating the world via Minecraft Land Generator and then uploading it, or will it be generated on-the-fly (which causes extra lag)?

Also I assume this is on 1.2.5.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #657 on: June 15, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
MLG. I'm generating/configuring everything on a home test server and then uploading it.

And yes it is on 1.2.5. We will only be using stable builds.

« Reply #658 on: June 15, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
thats cool, i hope theres a shroom island some where in it

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #659 on: June 15, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »
Yup, there's one already! It's in the ocean to the north-northeast.