Author Topic: 東方海恵堂 ~ 宴の従者 (Marine Benefit side-story album)  (Read 2802 times)

Kuroha (aka Crystalwings), the composer for the fangame Marine Benefit, released a series of songs last year in the style of a game soundtrack. There's over a dozen songs total (some original, some unique remixes of songs from MB), as well as a short fanfic called "Servants of the Feast" that they wrote to accompany the music series. Both the music and the story were released in parts; the first and last sections were separated by about 6 months in total.
Track list:
1. Servants of the Feast
2. Dragon Palace's Entrance
3. Dancing Girls of Water ~ Innocent fort
4. Little Havfrue
5. An Awkward Honoured Welcome ~ Childish service
6. The Front & Back Maidens at the Gate
7. Niger Tempestus
8. Beyond the Curtain of the Dragon Palace Reception
9. The "Misty Karen"-esque Deep Sea Girl
10. The Room of Otohime and Maihime ~ 1
11. Dance With the Deep Sea's Rain ~ Dance of fascination
12. The Room of Otohime and Maihime ~ 2
13. Ten-Colored Flowers of Hana-nishiki ~ Submarine Benefit
It's A Pretty Good Music if you ask me!! And I wanted more people to know about it so I made this thread, and also, translated the accompanying story, because.

The first 3 stages' worth of tracks were released in May 2015, and the following 3 stages' worth were released in August 2015. Each track can be downloaded from its individual Nicovideo Commons page as long as you have a Nicovideo account to log in with. Getting them all one by one might be awkward, though, so I also made a batch download on OneDrive. Hope it works!

Links to the accompanying story in Japanese:
Part 1-1 (Stage 1) - Part 1-2 (Stage 2) - Part 1-3 (Stage 3) - Part 2-1 (Stage 4) - Part 2-2 (Stage 5) - Part 2-3 (Stage 6) - Ending (Exc.)

Link to Tumblr blog where I posted my English translation of the story. (I feel like it's still kind of unpolished compared to other translations I've been doing lately, but whatever I want people to hear them musics already)

edit: Also, Kuroha's Soundcloud account has a lot of cool music on it, both Touhou-style and various other genres. This is the theme song for a story they posted on Twitter, where Kasumi fights a... particular character from Servants of the Feast, and this is one of the songs from another MB spinoff album that they have planned for summer 2017. So that's cool too.

edit 2 a month later: Fixed the dumb boner mistake I made putting Kuroha's name as "Kurohane" even though it says Kuroha right there in the Soundcloud profile. Files have been re-uploaded and links have been updated accordingly.

also it's been a month so i may as well explicitly mention that there is............ An Secret.............. hidden in the story........,,, perhaps something Extra??
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:32:10 PM by gilde »

Re: 東方海恵堂 ~ 宴の従者 (Marine Benefit side-story album)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
They this is all pretty great!  Can't wait to listen to all of them and read the translation, thanks for sharing Gilde!

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: 東方海恵堂 ~ 宴の従者 (Marine Benefit side-story album)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:08:27 PM »
It is a bit sad that there is no new game from him but new songs are always welcome  :3
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>