Author Topic: Joystick directional input problem  (Read 11260 times)

Chrystolis

Joystick directional input problem
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:48 AM »
Searched around and didn't find any other info on this.  I'm trying to use an arcade stick (I've tried both a usb 360 and ps3 one, both should work I'm pretty sure, the ps3 one for sure) to play, but for some reason the directional input from the stick won't register, however the button input does.  I'm on Windows 7 RC, so I'm not sure if it's just fubared on this or what, but when I go into the Windows configuration for the stick, it registers the directional input just fine, so it seems to be just the Touhou games not seeing it.

Any idea how to go about fixing this?  Thanks for any help you can give :D

Sana

• Good gravy!
Re: Joystick directional input problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »
Actually, this happened to me too, had to buy a new USB converter (still hasn't arrived yet. :S ). Anyway, have you tried using Joy 2 key, and assigning the inputs to arrow keys on the keyboard?

Chrystolis

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:04 AM »
Yeah, I tried that today and had no luck.  I didn't fiddle with it terribly long, but I'm pretty sure I had it the way it should be.  *shrug* I spose I could just try a ps3 controller and see if I like that :P

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »
Well, I have a PS3 controller hooked up, and it seems to work for EoSD, and for Touhou 9 and beyond.  For PCB, the game doesn't recognize any directional input from the controller (although it will register button input), and for IN, the game seems to get constant 'up' input from the controller, making it unplayable if I have the controller connected.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:40:49 AM by LiteYear »

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »
Thanks to the StB english patch, I was able to see why I had issues with the games listed above.  What I had to do was look for something with "DirectInput" in the custom.exe files, and check them (they were unchecked in PCB and IN).  So, maybe looking at that option in your custom.exe files will get your controller to work.

Chrystolis

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »
Aye, I noticed that too, whenever I had Direct Input on it just spammed *up*.  Nice to know the controller works with a few of em at least :)

Granted, I still don't know if I'll even like it better than the keyboard, but it just seems like it'd work better :P

Thanks for the help :)