Author Topic: Official Touhou Project Magazine 2016: w/ Uni Akiyama and ZUN's music CD  (Read 167815 times)

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Re: Official Touhou Project Magazine Announced
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2015, 01:33:28 AM »
But the real question is if she is _A_ goddess of hell or _THE_ goddess of hell.

Not sure if the rest of the interview is translated, but judging with my copy of the magazine and my Japanese knowledge, ZUN says she's one of the Hell gods and we have yet to see much more from Hell (the "new Hell" not related to the Underground).

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »
Oh dang, looks like I'm double posting.

Not sure if we should create another topic, but SCoOW's second issue is up for preorder in Amazon.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
New information on the second issue from today's (May 31) Nikenme Radio livestream:

Its music CD will include arrangements by ZUN and Uni Akiyama. No new songs.

The magazine will publish a dialogue between the two.

There is a possibility It will be delayed to July.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:50:44 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

Hooray, it seems Vol. II will come out on time on June 30.

Pre-order bonuses:
Animate: trading card

Toranoana: file folder

Gamers: file folder

Melonbooks: file folder

Okonogi snapped a pic of Rinnosuke:

PK

• Border of Whatever
Interesting how the bonus material are all about the important characters from EoSD to IN. Maybe the who's who column is about them this time.
I wonder if there will be any ZUN interviews related to games given that he only released Dr. Latency this year.

cuc

Well it is unlikely to be the only release this year. Because Shanghai Alice will attend Comiket 90 on August 13.

The unusual thing is that Tasofro will not be attending, for obvious reasons I think. Have they even missed any Summer Comiket before?

ZUN's Comiket catalog circle cut:

どんな時にも心に潤いを!
Nourishing our hearts whenever it may be!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:51:21 AM by cuc »

That's exactly the same as his C86 circle cut.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Yeah, and for that reason, people are thinking he's just going to be "clearing inventory" again.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
He tends to release two CDs on a year without any games so...
Either way, we'll have to wait.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
I hope that I can go to comiket once (I want to see ZUN and many dojin circles too) in the lifetime.. sadly  when I travel to japan, it is not the same day that comiket take place orz

Two sides of the coin

cuc

In other magazine news, Vol. 6 of the semi-annual Comiket Plus will commemorate Touhou Project's 20th anniversary. It will publish a special interview with ZUN.

Comiket Plus is a magazine primarily aimed at Comiket beginners. Vol. 6 will come out on July 14.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:41:07 AM by cuc »

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
We have a preview of Touhou Project Magazine vol. 2 from Nikenme Radio.
https://imgur.com/a/MThJX

Three ZUN songs are:

Occult Attract (new)
Retribution for the Eternal Night (TH8 Stage 4)
Last Occultism (Usami Sumireko's Theme)

"If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all."
whoops

Good thing you put the songs in the post, though. Interested in seeing if Occult Attract is a new song or a mix of Occult a la Carte.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
We have a preview of Touhou Project Magazine vol. 2 from Nikenme Radio.
https://imgur.com/a/MThJX

Three ZUN songs are:

Occult Attract (new)
Retribution for the Eternal Night (TH8 Stage 4)
Last Occultism (Usami Sumireko's Theme)
Alternative link.
It looks like the second track is called "永夜の報い ~ Pipes(?) and H(?)(?)(?).", and is being done by U2 (like the first track). At least it looks like it says "あきやまうに" in the last line of the second column.

Alternative link.
It looks like the second track is called "永夜の報い ~ Pipes(?) and H(?)(?)(?).", and is being done by U2 (like the first track). At least it looks like it says "あきやまうに" in the last line of the second column.

Not totally sure but I think it says Pipes and Fiddle.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
The magazine website has been updated (finally).
Looks like Kasen is appearing in the new CoLA chapter. Songs are:

オカルトアトラクト (Occult Attract) (this song seems to be the one used in ULiL's PS4 version trailer)
永夜の報い 〜 Pipes and Fiddle (Retribution for the Eternal Night)
ラストオカルティズム 〜 現し世の秘術師 (Last Occultism)

Drake

occult attract is an arrange of ? la carte after all lmao

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Amongst all the other features, they have a "cross-review" section where the main characters give their opinion on the bosses of the first three Windows games and it's incredible. Reimu is fantastically ruthless and Youmu is as humble as ever.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Is Reisen considered a "secondary main character" now, or is she just a boss?

Amongst all the other features, they have a "cross-review" section where the main characters give their opinion on the bosses of the first three Windows games and it's incredible. Reimu is fantastically ruthless and Youmu is as humble as ever.

Reimu: "Uuuh... your worth is 1, 1, 1.... okay, you get a 2."

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
What is up with Remilia and Cirno on that cover? Remi's hat has ears.

Did you mean Sakuya instead of Youmu? Clarste started translating them on tvtropes, and i don't see Youmu, at least not in the EOSD section.

Here they are, btw (Note that this is only the EOSD section, clarste hasn't finished yet.):
http://imgur.com/8RI7LTt
http://imgur.com/kTay6ZX

Geez, why does Reimu want to commit genocide on all of the Lunarians? (See Flandre's entry.) I know they're dicks, but....

Also they include Zun's thoughts on them, but that part hasn't finished being translated yet. So thats why they only appear in the second image.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

UTW

Geez, why does Reimu want to commit genocide on all of the Lunarians? (See Flandre's entry.) I know they're dicks, but....

Well, from IN to SSiB to ULiL to LoLK, Lunarian or Lunarian-connected things have gotten her and Gensokyo into their fair share of trouble. She has no love lost for Eirin after LoLK, either.

Of course she should really be blaming Yukari for SSiB. Reimu didn't exactly have her arm twisted into going along with it, either.

Well, from IN to SSiB to ULiL to LoLK, Lunarian or Lunarian-connected things have gotten her and Gensokyo into their fair share of trouble. She has no love lost for Eirin after LoLK, either.
She also threaten to blow up the lunar capital in SSiB. Now, at first you might think that she was just bluffing, but now...
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Did you mean Sakuya instead of Youmu? Clarste started translating them on tvtropes, and i don't see Youmu, at least not in the EOSD section.

Youmu comments on IN. I'd imagine it's supposed to be the protagonists of that particular game, limited to three and with Sakuya thrown in for EoSD. If this continues on to MoF and the rest, I would guess that Sanae comments on MoF, Reisen comments on LoLK, etc.

For the Lunarians, according to that WaHH chapter with Reisen, genociding earth is a typical dinner conversation topic.  Yet they never actually do it and when presented with it as an easy option, try to come up with an alternative method first (LoLK), so they're presumably not serious.  Or just... half serious at best.  Reimu is likely the same thing. Characters in Touhou have a weird sense of humour.

PK

• Border of Whatever
For some reason, Tewi was left out from this.

Edit: also Lily, guess there's no room for midbosses.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:25:41 PM by PK »

Here they are, btw (Note that this is only the EOSD section, clarste hasn't finished yet.):
http://imgur.com/8RI7LTt
http://imgur.com/kTay6ZX

Also they include Zun's thoughts on them, but that part hasn't finished being translated yet. So thats why they only appear in the second image.

Where did you get those?

Where did you get those?
Tvtropes forums.

But now, heres all of them together, including The Incident Solvers' thoughts on the bosses of PCB and IN:
http://imgur.com/a/DdnqJ
Highlights:
Reimu giving mystria a 8 because she didn't have to see her terrible danmaku.
Youmu giving everything a 7 or a 8. Because she has no idea whats going on. Also Gluttion Yuyuko is canon now.
Sakuya thinking Meiling could have done better, so she gives her an 8.
Reimu giving Marisa a 2, Marisa giving Reimu a 9.

Not that this is entirely relevant, but the different protagonists seemed to be rating the bosses by completely different standards. Reimu likes a challenge so she rates them by how they stack up against her, Marisa likes to study danmaku so she rates them by how well she?d be able to copy their spellcards, Sakuya seems to ignore the fights entirely and go by her feelings towards the character, and Youmu seems to barely recall the fights at all and rates them all ?okay? while chronicling how she felt at the time.
From Clarste's tumblr.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Also Gluttion Yuyuko is canon now.
Wasn't it already? In CiLR Yuyuko sees a big lunarian banquet and Youmu says "not even you (Yuyuko) could eat that much", meaning that, at least to Youmu's eyes, Yuyuko actually eats a lot.