Author Topic: Fate/Kaleido-Round 8, Phase 1 (Orders)  (Read 91666 times)

Re: Fate/Kaleido-Round 6, Phase 1 (Orders)
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:11 PM »
It's been way to long since the last post here  :V

« Reply #361 on: February 04, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »
not long enough

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
TOTALLY WORKING I SWEAR
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #364 on: February 04, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »
I guess I was one of the last sending my orders to Amra

don't blame him, blame me  :V

« Reply #365 on: February 04, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »
I blame you all how about that?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #366 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:20 AM »
TOTALLY WORKING I SWEAR

Stop waiting for your expensive evangelion and update.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2012, 05:07:50 AM »
DO YOUR EYES DECEIVE YOU? FUCK NO.  THIS SHIT JUST. GOT. REAL.

"So my enemies finally show themselves before me!" A spear.

"Ara ara~! So you're the mysterious hidden competitor we've been looking for! Shall we show this infidel a lesson in manners, goshujin-sama~?" A mirror.

"My lord's will demands your death." A katana.

"Your territory's growth ends here, Lancer. There's no where to run." A sword.

A laugh. Slow at first, then growing with the momentum of an avalanche. "Hahaha...hahaha! HAHAHAHA!" A projectile flies at the mirror user, swiftly dodged. Glass shatters on the pavement and wine splatters across it. "Why would I run, whelps? There is, indeed, no where to run to. For everywhere here is my domain! Now then! Let us begin!"

Spears. Hundreds upon thousands of them, of every shape and every blade and every condition. The ground is torn asunder by their entrance into the world, turning the entire area into a macabre field of blades. A field of impalement. Cars turn into nothing more than perforated chunks of metal. Nothing is safe on the ground.

The masters scurry for cover. The servants, save for one, leap and perch upon buildings, but even then they aren't safe; the lances continue to jut out of every surface, slowly crawling up the buildings, the lamp posts, the signs, the traffic lights...anything that touches the ground.

Lancer falls gracefully, landing atop the highest building in sight. With the moon glowing behind him, painted a gorey red by the sheer prana being discharged into the atmosphere by his Noble Phantasm, he is truly the image of monstrosity.

"Kazıklı Bei! Now face me if you dare, whelps! Cowards and brave fools alike will be struck down by my spears!"

Caster, atop a tilted lamppost, giggles softly into her sleeve as her mirror revolves around her. Three talismans smoothly appear in her other hand. "How dramatic of an entrance. I'll be sure to return those sentiments with interest~"

Saber merely swipes her sword once as the desolation approaches her. A wave of force explodes from her in the wake of that gesture, and the spears are halted. No...stopped. Protected against. A meter wide swathe surrounds her as the spears erupt around her; a single piece of salvation amongst a morbid festival of weaponry.

Rider leaps atop a building of his own, swiftly intercepting the spears that reach up at him with his own. The warrior remains silent at the Lancer's proclamation and merely readies himself for combat.

----

"Aaaah, welcome my friends. Welcome Master of Assassin and Master of Berserker. Welcome Berserker and Assassin. Welcome to my domain."

The disembodied voice reaches everywhere, from everywhere. Familiar yet not, echoing hauntingly around them.

The young man stands back to back with the young woman, neither comprehending the realm around them. All they remembered was taking shelter in the Grail Organizer's shrine...then...?

An endless field. Black water stretching into an endless horizon. Darkness. Darkness. Ripples across the water, spreading into infinity. There is no end. No limit to this place.

"A...a bounded field? Reality Marble?!"

"Don't get your panties in a bunch...it's probably just some kind of trick...any hows, best idea would probably...wha-?! Assassin?! Where-?"

"Berserker! Answer me!"

"Nope~! As one who wields servants so often, I know exaaaactly how to disconnect them from you, if only for ever so long~" The voice is mocking. Sing song. "Until you get out of here, I'm just afraid you'll have to rough it out alone~!"

Then they appear, around them. Covering every single bit of land, surrounding them in a mass of writhing darkness. Countless. To give them a number would be pointless. There are too many to be 'defined' by a 'number'. The magi could tell there that there was something off about this legion...of dolls. Stuffed toys and tin soldiers. Alone, they'd be nothing, but with this number...

"Tch...seems like we're gonna have to team up lady! The name's Takuma Akio!" Magic gathered along his fists, filled to the bursting point. The grin on his face was implacable, and despite herself she could not help but share it. "Nice to be working with ya!"

"Haa...seems like there's no choice. Very well. Kazuko Futsuyuki. I'll be in your care." Ice of the coldest temperature gathers around her hands, as does fire of the most vibrant red.

----

"..."

"..."

No words need to be said between them. None from the dagger wielding child, nor the maul wielding woman. It's very clear that until the enemies in front of them, seventeen floating sentinels and three armored wolf monsters, disappeared, they wouldn't be reunited with their masters. Even if they had to fight together to get rid of them...the safety of their Masters was first. Everything else was secondary.

----
And so the violence within the Shrine, the Battle of the Dollmaker's Workshop, began.
----

Spears rain down on them, a limitless tempest of steel. Spears rise up at them, reaching from the ground like the cold hands of a corpse. A massive conflagration of flame and a squall of mach speed winds combine and explode into an infernal hurricane. A nameless sword is discarded and drawn in favor of his true weapon, which darts through the air like a hornet. And the sacred blade wielded by sacred hands swings with iron conviction, scattering her foes before her.

The battle has only begun.

----

"Tch...foolish Lancer..."

----
A knight in red and a sword wielding boy stand outside the Shrine. Neither like what they sense.

"Archer..."

"Yes."
Sugoiiii~

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2012, 05:15:53 AM »
Oh god shit is so real.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
Re: Fate/Kaleido-Round 6, Phase 4 (Post-Round Results)
« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2012, 05:23:05 AM »
yeah I'm starting to take liberties with the 'system'. Do I give a fuck? Nope.
Sugoiiii~

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »
Certainly a good way to get the ball rolling again! Don't be too liberal with the system, though, after the first strokes - we don't want no stinking freeform here.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »
That sound you hear friends?
That's shit getting real. (And I might add, that's a rather nice touch. I can see a Makiri/Matou pulling something like this in canon. They did make the command seals after all.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
Certainly a good way to get the ball rolling again! Don't be too liberal with the system, though, after the first strokes - we don't want no stinking freeform here.

Oh, I know. I'm just streamlining a few things to make the whole thing smoother.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
Re: Fate/Kaleido-Round 7, Phase 1 (Orders)
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2012, 02:55:48 AM »
ORDAHS.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2012, 02:58:43 AM »
also Dan retconned himself back into the game. Moerin's out due to inactivity/not cooperating with Master.
Sugoiiii~

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2012, 03:00:32 AM »
sup bitches

Don't lynch me.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »
Next round is totally a reference to something.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #377 on: February 21, 2012, 12:44:01 AM »
Alright, as some of you may know, I've just moved house and I don't have a reliable connection. So feel free to send me orders, but don't expect any answers to new questions til this weekend.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
Hey guys. If you're involved in direct combat, you have to send me orders regardless of whether or not you're a servant or Master.
Orders. Send them.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:27 AM »
He feels the tug on his prana reserves and snarls further. "Where is that damned Servant, and what is he doing?"

---

"Hahahahahaa!" His laughter booms through the terrain, as if each spear was amplifying his voice. By now, the entire district was impaled; to even move was an effort in and of itself, let alone dodging the projectiles he had ripped from the ground and thrown. "Yes, yes! Dance for me! Dance and suffer my foes! My spear rises in giddy joy at the sight of your struggles! Now see if you can defeat me within the deepest confines of my world! For this is battle...no, life! This is what it means to fight each other! Show me everything!"

The armored saint snarls before a burst of speed brings her right in front of him. "How lewd," is her statement, curt and punctuated with a mighty swing of her sword. An absurd exchange of blows follows, occuring over only a scant few seconds, then an explosion of white flame seperates the two.

"Watch your aim, fox!"

"Oh, dear me, I didn't realise you were there~"

That quick exchange of 'pleasantries' reminds everyone present of the nature of their alliance. But those were thoughts best left for later.

"!" His battle cry is wordless, silenct. In the aftermath of Caster's spell, he dashes in and swings his polearm with an previously withheld conviction. "Tonbo-giri!"

The invocation is cast. As if the storm itself had answered his cry, Rider's spear expels a blast of wind tapered to a thin edge, slicing through every obstruction in its way. The very atmosphere distorts in passage of this attack, and Lancer barely manages to dodge out of the way, unexpecting of the assault.

But not without harm. A long gash is torn into his side, following the path of his absurd twist to get out of the way. Blood splatters across the scene as he clicks his tongue in annoyance, but even then there is already another attack.

"That magic...I'll be taking it."

The floating disc, the mirror of the fox, flies in a deadly arc from below. With his spear already held up in front of him, he can't reposition fast enough. The distraction of the explosion and the followup by Rider is too much; the mirror crunches into his torso, dragging for a moment before sending him flying off.

His breaths are ragged. The three that oppose him, the fox, saint, and warrior, all pause to regain their breath. He is not nearly so composed, gripping his chest with one hand while he stares incredulously at the fox. "You...you wench...what did you??"

It's unmistakable. The glow of prana flows around her weapon for a moment before it disappears within it, and she merely smiles and winks in response.

At this point, it was inevitable. He would probably die here. With three Servants against him, even in his territory, defeat was most likely assured. Unless...

"Yes...yes...YES! This is what I've been waiting for, my fellows! But the conclusion to this fight will have to be delayed. The play is not yet through, the climax not yet arrived. We will continue later, I swear it upon my lance. Til next-"

His dramatic exit is interrupted, as is everything else. Masters and Servants alike cry out in shock as explosions rock the area, staggering them all.

It was instant. A projectile of straight trajectory, flying in at an absurd speed. Beyond anything any of them could muster. And with that speed came force, and a what a force it was; the very land itself shook at the impact.

"Who...?!" the saint manages, coughing at the smoke.

"Seems like we've interrupted quite the party, Archer!" comes a voice, entirely new. It (he, rather) wields an extraordinarily ornate blade, and stands with the proudness of one confident in oneself.

"Indeed Master." And aside him is a knight in red and black, wielding a bow that disappears into light and is replaced by twin swords, one black and the other white.

Lancer lets out a short laugh as the device in his hand crumbles. With a force as strong as that, it was no wonder that a fragile creation like his Master's would break.

"I see three servants here ganging up on another, Archer, and as heroes of justice I believe our course of action is obvious! However, should you Servants and Masters wish to negotiate, I do believe we are all open to suggestions! What with a fresh Servant introduced to a fight where most are run ragged, there's not much else for you to pick."

It's bravado. Or confidence concealed as such. The irritating smirk on the red/black knight's face could be telling of either. But with the force of that attack, who knew what this duo was possible of?

----

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"..."

Silence, yet not. The twin daggers and the lightning bound cudgel swings in arc after arc, cleaving through whatever they can find. But their foes are nimble and work well together, which can not be said of them. One automaton sacrifices itself and selfdestructs, and the others batter the cloud that follows with their own munitions.

The automatons are merely distractions. Bullets are no danger to a Servant. However, they are dangerous if only due to the presence of their backups. The wolves.

Armor peels away and reveals the barrel of a cannon, immense and length and girth. Smoke erupts from the exhausts and spikes drive into the 'floor', steadying them. And then, with a cataclysmic roar of thunder and fire, the shot is fired.

Mundane or not, a firearm of that caliber was still dangerous. And without the abliity to reach at those iron wolves, the two Servants would slowly be whittled down.

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Electricty leaps from the cudgel wielding girl, arcing like snakes into her foes. The knife user barely dodges out of instinct, while several of the knight-like constructs are not so lucky. Power is released in a crushing flood and before anyone can react the cudgel falls upon one of the canid robots.

She batters into it over and over again, uncaring of the automatons that slam into her. She merely swats them away with swings of her arm, shattering them like porcelain dolls.

The knife wielder takes advantage of the situation to silently kill another of the canines, but before she can capitalize and kill the other the rest of the entourage fly in to guard it.

Her eyes narrow as her insane 'companion' roars. This would be troublesome.

----

A war cry explodes from his lips as he slams a fist directly into one of the dolls. It explodes easily, a gandr emerging from the toy's back to pierce through another three before stopping. "Ha! Not so tough are ya?!"

Her arms swing gracefully, leaving fire and ice in their wake. Burned into ash or frozen and shattered, it didn't matter. Anything that approached her was scattered into dust. In contrast to her new found ally, she is silent.

Dozens upon hundreds met the same fate, but still it wasn't enough. They reformed at the edges of their vision, prana fused fluff disappearing and weaving into each other to rebolster the numbers of this legion.

"Stupid dolls! Any clue how to get rid of these things permanently?"

"None what so ever. I suggest you...tch!...just try to stay alive until our Servants-"

Something breaks. The boundary between 'worlds' is shattered as a screaming, storm-wreathed girl emerges from this newfound rip in reality. In her wake is a much quieter female, who nontheless is no less fatal to the mannequins with her knives as the louder one is with her bludgeon.

"...arrive," she finishes, clearly bemused. The young man whistles in appreciation of the forces of nature in front of him, for those girls could be described as nothing else.

In but moments the rest of the dolls are destroyed. Through a combination of lightning, ice, fire, and sheer prana, they're scattered until nothing remains.

"Now then," she starts, dusting off her attire. "Let's see what we can do to escape this-"

Yet again, something breaks. The bounded field fades away until nothing is left but the slightly battered inside of a shrine.

He sniggers a bit at her second interruption, to which she can only glare.

"Shall we see about finding our captor then, Takuma?"

"Sure, sure." He can't help but chuckle at her.

----

"Thank you Varia. Despite all you've done to me...you've done it for me, from the start, haven't you?"

She merely nods, resting at the shore. She seems at peace, one visible eye closed.

"The cannon shots at the bridge, which both seperated the masters that would clearly kill each other and bring together those would be amicable to team work. The bounded field, keeping the two here isolated long enough for the procedure to complete. And..."

The eyepatched woman cracks open her eye and holds a finger to her pursed lips. "Shhh, my friend. Don't spoil it. I've passed the legacy of my family to you now. With my familiars lost to Assassin, Berserker, and their Master, I've lost a great deal of my circuits. My Crest is all that is left, so use it well. I couldn't stop it...but I made it so that you can. Decide how you go about it, friend. There are resources available right here, as you know, regardless of how you choose to use them."

"I know. Thank you. I will end this for you."

She shakes her head. "No. End it for yourself. End it for this world. Make it so that the corruption of flesh that my family has had to suffer for all these generations never lives to see the innocence of mankind again. You are the end to this...Belial." Her eyes flutter and threaten to close. Her fingers twitch, her body shakes. He holds her in his arms and feels the growing weakness within her.

"I will live up to that goal. And the name you have given me."

Varia Svelt smiles gently, for the last time. "Ufufufu..."

He keeps still for a moment, then sets her gently upon the shore. Staring at the battle ensuing in the city, his fists clench with conviction. "I will live."

And so one rests, and another awakes from the torpor he thrust himself into.

----

"What?!"
"This presence...?!"
"What treachery is this!?"
"Still your mouth fool! Something far greater, far darker than any of us is coming!"

----

"This...this prana is...?"
"The Grail, definitely. Same as when I summoned Assassin...but hell, this...this is...way darker..."

----

"What is the meaning of this?"

----

A dark dome encapsules Izaya City. A perpetual, bloody black devours the very sky itself and traps everyone within. Civilians who are asleep fall into it forever more. Those still awake cease to be so. An immense, eldritch presence rises from the edges of reality, forming into undescribable beasts of shadow that stalk the fraying border of the world.

The Grail has awoken.

----

Izaya City has turned into an all out, complete free for all, survival of the fittest. Shadow beasts are attacking everyone without mercy. Previously captured zones are safe to the assault temporarily. The source of this corruption has not yet revealed itself; find it and you may end this madness. Or kill all the rest and embrace the void, and become the winner of this Grail War. Or perhaps do something else, eschewing the fate given to you in favor of your own desired one.

----

Wise up! Izaya City's Grail War:
In this dimension, the Holy Grail was discovered by an additional family: the Svelts. Varia Svelt, the manager for the most recent Grail War, is and was the last heir to this family, who were considered unorthodox and at times heretical to the nature of magecraft for their integration of technology with their art. This fusion of machine and magic, however, was not uncalled for; here, the Grail was corrupted from the start. Being the ones closest to it, the Svelt family was irrevocably corrupted by the exposure to All of the World's Evils, rendering them crippled and very nearly rendering them infertile.

Was it any wonder that the sphere of destruction, of utter erasure that followed each War was covered up? No one but the very highest echelons knew anything of the Grail's true nature, but even then no one would do anything. For greed or for fear, who knew?

The Svelts have remained low key since then, keeping under the radar. With each War they have sent their own agent in an attempt to somehow end their taint or end the Grail, but each time they have failed. Their body augmentations are the only things keeping them alive; the Crest of their family was both an heirloom and life support. And still they suffered, slowly becoming weaker and weaker with each generation. Only the advances in both technology and magecraft kept them alive in any shape and form; with Varia's birth, the one last hope was given to the Svelts. Both the healthiest and most powerful, and yet also completely infertile, Varia was the last chance. Through reaching into the multiverse itself, she called upon one last card to play...

----
AN: Ultimately, with Fate/Kaleido, I wanted to write a story. I wanted to use the premise of the Holy Grail War to start something that may become nothing, or may become greatness. I apologize for using you guys, and for the sudden plot twist, but this was my goal from the start. Writing, at the very least, fourteen distinct people into a story without focusing too much on any one or two is an absurdly hard task.

So I decided to shoot down two birds with one stone and give something back to Rumia's Party Games, which I find so much amusement in. I asked for signups and let the plot write itself for the first few rounds, but during the fifth or fourth I realised something.

This was an idea that popped up at midnight on Sunday. This was just some Fate/Stay Night flavored version of Diplomacy. But, I think, from the start, I think I intended this to be something different, if not more. I wanted Fate/Kaleido to be an exercise in what one is willing to give up for their goal, what one is willing to do for their goal. Some are willing to wait patiently, preparing themselves for an inevitable fight. Others are willing to explore and expose themselves. Some are willing to betray at any turn, and others still are willing to ally themselves with people they will eventually have to kill. Varia? She was willing to bet her entire lineage on one last chance.

I'll be honest. I didn't know what Varia was going to do until about a day ago. Her goals were unknown even to me, the guy who created her. Why did she bombard the bridge? Why did she capture two servants and masters just to delay them?

But then I realised that she was giving up. A lot. She was giving up her escape by destroying the bridge. She was giving up her power by distracting those two servants with her familiars. So I asked myself: what was she giving up all this for? And in the end I realised Varia had outsmarted me and managed to orchestrate something completely absurd, without her creator even realising. I had the barest ideas of what she was doing, but in the end I let her write herself. Strange how your fictional creations go beyond you sometimes, huh?

Fate/Kaleido isn't over. Not by a long shot guys. Send me your orders whenever you have the time.

Thank you for participating, for joining me in this little or not-so-little experiment. And again, my apologies for using you. Or...perhaps...Varia's apologies? Haha...at the very least, I have to apologize for taking so long.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:50:36 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Re: Fate/Kaleido-Round 7, Phase 4 (Post Round Results)
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »
Why does this sound so much like a part I wrote for my RP. Oh dear.

Fightest

« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
Game-perspective-wise, it is a valid mixup. I would have liked the Diplomacy aspect of it to have gone on a bit longer, however, as that is what made the game stand out for me. Otherwise, what you're doing is entirely within a Fate-esque plot, so I cannot complain more than saying that it would have been nice for there to have been a more gradual transition between phases.

Shine on, you crazy diamond!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
Hahaha! This is crazy! And I love it!
And I gotta admit, not even one of my own creations would have been able to pull something like that, it really shows just how good you are at this.
This was a real Kotomine-esque thing, especially since she seems to have used all the fun to prepare her successor.
Which clearly shows that she wasn't really all THAT evil, just operating on different logic. NASU LOGIC.

Which, I gotta admit, is damn awesome. She had a motivation that's likely similar to Zouken(Preserving the lineage?), but behaved like the lovechild of Alice(Puppets?!), Yukari(alien thought processes), and Kotomine(Grail War Supervisor).
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Fightest

« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
That said, losing control of your characters isn't a good thing :|

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »
That said, losing control of your characters isn't a good thing :|

Wait dont we still issue commands?

I'm simply adjusting to the plot developments :D

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
Plots mixed up, but don't worry. You still all have complete control; it's just that the third party just bit it, and a fourth and fifth have just popped up. :P

And to be honest, I don't think the Diplomacy elements are gone. Like mentioned, territories held before are still yours (for now), and the diplomacy elements before have mixed in to the current situation. If all of you had just eschewed that, figuring that killing everyone would be easiest, you'd all be pretty screwed right now. And taking territories back from the Grail is certainly possible...along with anything else you could think of.

Ah, probably me just defending myself. =v=
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:12:16 PM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2012, 05:39:20 AM »
Wars are often named after the sides that participate in it. If not that, then they are named after what is fought over.

The Grail War has become both.

Let's begin then.

If you controlled a sector at any point, the residual effect of your prana has protected it this round from invasion by the Grail spawn. Assume all other zones to be overrun. The shrine area, Zone 11, is also safe for this round and this round alone unless someone captures it.

New Action!
You may now 'sanctify' an area. This prevents Grail spawn from capturing that area, but requires your utmost attention for that round. Therefore, you are still vulnerable to attacks from other zones and, perhaps most dangerously, attacks from other Masters and Servants. However, should you choose the sanctify action, then you may also send a contingency order to abandon the process if a betrayal or an outright assault occurs.

You may notice that this is encouraging you to team up, one Master/Servant pair to sanctify an area and another to protect them. You'll also notice that there are odd numbers of Master/Servant pairs. You'll further notice that there's Varia's 'friend' in Zone 11, who may do anything.

A Master/Servant pair could definitely take on a Grail Spawn assault coming from one direction. Two would be dangerous, but possible. Three? Not happening. Make your call. Unless you had your Servant steal the prana from the other masters, and thus abuse the link between Master and Servant to steal from the Servants as well, which is theoretically possible but has never been done before, doing this solo would be impossible.

Two servants and masters are in Zone 11. You're surrounded by Grail Spawn on both sides, and obviously the west bridge is out.
The rest are in Zone 13. The path forged by the triple alliance earlier is clear, as is the territory established to the north, but everywhere else is overrun.

Unless you were the ones to capture an area, you're not specifically sure of where is safe and where isn't; only a guess of which zones are clear based on what you've been sensing throughout the entire ordeal.

I'm playing this by ear but by the rules too. Earlier rules apply. If you want to deliberate, do so. I will be providing specific quicktopics very shortly via pm to the above two groups.

Feel free to ask questions or point out any flaws in what I've got. I'm working solo here after all. :)

The situation is glum people. Work together and save the city, or stab each other's backs and claim it for yourself.
Sugoiiii~

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Fate/Kaleido-Round 8, Phase 1 (Orders)
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
You people can't even keep a Town safe? Geez, what kind of heroes are you?

Fightest

« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »
You people can't even keep a Town safe? Geez, what kind of heroes are you?

The town is perfectly safe what are you talking about? Can't get safer than dead.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
##VOTE: Fightest