Author Topic: Touhou Popularity Contest: Forum Guessing Game! Do You Feel Lucky?  (Read 15906 times)

Re: Touhou Popularity Contest: Forum Guessing Game! Do You Feel Lucky?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:00 AM »
What? 3rd?
And here I thought I won't score much since I didn't pick Sukuna and overestimated  the popularity of the Buddhists other than Byakuren(Ichirin and Mami, why?)  and dared to put Yukari at 11th. Now that I look at it, most people put their favorites at 11th. And guys, you're underestimating Reimu.
Well, it was a close one with the others like Zil. God be praised!

By the way, what does yellow membership do?  ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:45:33 AM by monhan »

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 05:08:53 AM »
So since Kilga said they would do it "tonight" (and its already been 30 hours) I went and did the results myself because I was bored (what a fun existence I lead :V)

Attaching them as images because I did them in excel. I will admit, I can be unreliable at basic arithmetic so I may have made mistakes (please at least check your own and tell me if have made mistakes). In short, Espadas was 1st, Quukii was 2nd and monhan was 3rd. Results for Q1 ranged from 14 to 30. Quukii got 30 there and 2nd place for Q1 was tied between Zil and Sahgren with 25.

Full results:

Table:

Graph (Excel decided it wanted to order people the opposite way I'm too incompetent to figure out how to change the order back):

P.S: I'd rather have put those images in as attachments rather than Tinypic links but I can't seem to add an attachment here. Sorry if this means you're unable to see the pictures :<

EDIT: Noticed I'd marked Reimu in Q1 as correct for Genesect and Colticide. Deducted 2 marks from both and updated images.

Other than typo for J ( should be 2 to 8 ), I want to say, it was fun. Also, it's funny I'm the only one who gotten more than 50% of my total points from 2 to 8.  :V
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:46:33 AM by ditt93 »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
I like it how I managed to snipe Koishi's position. It was one thing I was sure about the most in this contest. No idea why. I guess Koishi influenced my subconscious again.

Seriously, though, by how quickly and massively Kokoro was picked up by artists, I figured HM cast would get a boost. Koishi especially, given the amount of Kokoro x Koishi works. I actually thought Kokoro had a good chance to be in top 11 as well, hence my high estimate for her. Well, it still paid off, me being second-closest. I also thought Miko and Byakuren were quite likely to get a good boost as well (yes, enough to get them into top 11), but no such luck, it seems.

Oh well. It was fun.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
typo for J ( should be 2 to 8 )

Thanks, I'll change that if there's an issue with the actual numbers. It's main purpose was to calculate total scores since I couldn't just use the SUM function because I had the brackets in the Q1 column so I was doing it mentally.

I think Yellow Member is just an elusive group on the forum with no real benefit other than a shiny title. All 4 of its members seem to be inactive which is why you don't see it much.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »
I like it how I managed to snipe Koishi's position. It was one thing I was sure about the most in this contest. No idea why. I guess Koishi influenced my subconscious again.

Seriously, though, by how quickly and massively Kokoro was picked up by artists, I figured HM cast would get a boost. Koishi especially, given the amount of Kokoro x Koishi works. I actually thought Kokoro had a good chance to be in top 11 as well, hence my high estimate for her. Well, it still paid off, me being second-closest. I also thought Miko and Byakuren were quite likely to get a good boost as well (yes, enough to get them into top 11), but no such luck, it seems.

Oh well. It was fun.
KoKoishi new best favourite pairing. FlanKoi is a thing in the past now BV

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 12:40:17 AM »
Think this went well enough to have another guessing game next poll?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 02:35:27 AM »
Whoops, sorry about the delay! Yellow Member is being assigned as you read this. Congratulations to the winners!

It's essentially a yellow Idiot Deity.

Think this went well enough to have another guessing game next poll?

Definitely! If nothing else, I'd want to run this again just to get better participation next time (and to actually submit a thing of my own >_>).
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 04:10:29 AM »
KoKoishi new best favourite pairing. FlanKoi is a thing in the past now BV
G, YukaByaku is the way of the world! Y'all need to go deeeeper~
Oh yeah, there are some other KoKoishi doujins out there. Why don't you take a look?

Oh, so no significant changes then. That's good in a way.
It's just, "Hey! I'm blingin' sunshine!".

More of this is nice, and yeah, I think more people need to participate for more fun.

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 05:53:02 AM »
Aw man, tied for 6th. I wanted to feel .-~*(speshul)*~-.

That was fun, though.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »
It's essentially a yellow Idiot Deity.

Do we have the ability "Manipulation of idiocy"?  :D
They always told me when i wanted to i was like the embodiment of dementia but to actually get a TITLE confirming it....  :V