Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258225 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2018, 04:39:03 PM »
For people so inclined to overplay the game past the end, poison might actually be a really good way to kill random enemies at immense levels... the higher your level gets, the closer they'll get to dropping their entire HP bar in a single tick, which would be achieved safely(ish) via speed-build Aya. Even if the poison ALSO wears off in about as much time. Of course, I'd have to wonder how many infinite enemies particularly resist it. Sounds like Eirin has an immense infliction chance though to help out, especially if Reisen is fielded.

And it's somewhat relevant on those immense-defense bosses, which are not easy fights.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:46:59 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2018, 08:39:19 PM »
I was fixing part of Hina's character section (Curse Reversal does indeed overwrite her original debuffs); then I ended up testing some of Hina's skills and noticed the in-game description numbers on some are a bit inaccurate. Misfortune Stockpiling transfers 30% of debuffs per level instead of 33%.  Spinning More than Usual's game description is completely inaccurate, the buff is 25% to all stats instead of 33% and the MP recovery 3 instead of 10 (just goes to show that quite literaly no one ever uses the skill  :V).

« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2018, 09:05:44 PM »
How do you guys grind levels? I'm finally looking to finish this game off and close the book on it, but the sheer grindwall is really getting in my way. I've been faming b11, but at the rate it's been going, it seems like I'll need 15-30 hours of nothing but this before I'm up to that 1700-2000 range to actually end the game. I'm 1100 now. Is this all I can really do, just put in the time, or is there some protip to speed this up?

« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »
Yeah, that's about it. If you aren't wiping everything out nearly instantly, farming Metal Kedama on 30f might be faster for a few hundred levels. It would certainly be easier. You are farming the section of 11f where 4-5 enemies spawn per encounter, right?

« Reply #514 on: November 23, 2018, 04:41:33 AM »
So I came back to this game after a while to play it with the 1.105 patch and I'm currently at 20F with just the Ame-no-Murakumo left to beat to complete the main story. It turns out that at some point the Magatama of the High God got fixed so that it doesn't use Concentrate for no reason at 50% HP. Instead, it uses Grace of Tama no Oya no Mikoto, which is the move that the sword uses to heal itself and give a 100% buff to both defenses. This info isn't on the wiki (English or Japanese) and I didn't see anyone in the thread mention it, so I wanted to make sure to bring this to someone else's attention. Maybe someone with a wiki account can make a quick edit?

Incidentally, it didn't really affect the difficulty of the fight too much for me. I went in expecting to be able to exploit the fact that its scripted moves can't kill anyone and just burst its entire HP bar down with attackers (Flandre and Reisen primarily), and with a bit of luck (the one random move it got to throw at me was just the HP halving move) I was still able to chew through it despite the extra health and buffs.

« Reply #515 on: November 24, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
Huh, so apparently, while DBF resistance  decreases the chance of a debuff landing in the first place, it also INCREASES the strength of the debuffs you receive; for every 10 points of resistance you have, it increases the strength of a debuff you're inflicted with by 3,75% (so having 80 resistance multiplies the strength of any debuff you're inflicted with by 1,3). This applies for both the allies' DBF resistance  and each of the enemies' individual DBF resistances. I'm not sure if that's how its supposed to work.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 08:11:20 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #516 on: November 24, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »
Huh, well that would explain why Hina's Biorhythm debuffs usually hit for 40~50%. Pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #517 on: November 24, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
Hey all, been a while since I posted here.  Just a super quick question!

I'm starting to get burned out on beating bosses at their challenge level, but I'm worried that if I don't do this, I'll miss out on some loot that I can never obtain later.

Is there permanently missable loot to be gained from fighting bosses at their challenge level?  Thanks!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #518 on: November 24, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
Nope, it's just stat boost Gems, which are mass-farmable in late plus disk. However, they're only available in very limited quantity until halfway through Plus Disk, and still somewhat limited until the final floor.

But, nothing permanently missable. You can get all you like eventually.

« Reply #519 on: November 24, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
Hey all, been a while since I posted here.  Just a super quick question!

I'm starting to get burned out on beating bosses at their challenge level, but I'm worried that if I don't do this, I'll miss out on some loot that I can never obtain later.

Is there permanently missable loot to be gained from fighting bosses at their challenge level?  Thanks!

Also, in addition to what Serela did, you can remove characters from your party in order to lower the average level - for example, a lvl 80 challenge boss could be easily wiped by a party of 4 lvl 240 characters.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »
Plus Cirno can be used as a lv1 suicide bomb for her irresistable -50% spd debuff on death passive.

« Reply #521 on: November 25, 2018, 05:01:00 PM »
Hello, I'm new here, I just defeated
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi
and somehow the achievement for defeating it still hasn't been unlocked, can someone explain what did I do wrong? Or more like, I can't unlock any of the plus disk achievement at all?
my version is 1.104a
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:05:53 PM by isanomi »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #522 on: November 27, 2018, 05:35:39 AM »
Hello, I'm new here, I just defeated
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi
and somehow the achievement for defeating it still hasn't been unlocked, can someone explain what did I do wrong? Or more like, I can't unlock any of the plus disk achievement at all?
my version is 1.104a
Well, you should update to the latest version then, which I believe is 1.105. It shouldn't make a difference technically but it couldn't hurt to be up to date. Maybe it'll fix itself after updating, since you'd boot the save file up using the new executable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #523 on: November 27, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »
Well, it's worth noting there's an achievement for defeating a different from of the Yamato No Orochi found further in plus disk. Although, you should have achievement 45 if you beat the Final Main Plot Boss version of him and got your plus disk credits. Can you literally not get ANY plus disk achievements at all? That's a strange bug. I would try updating first, yeah.

Keep in mind you need a new version of the english exe after you update to 1.105 as well. Which is here! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qeCHUohX3mV-eSSCCUVeeIW3HpAREoyK

If you've somehow been using mismatched versions of plus disk and english patch and the game actually runs, I guess that could potentially be your problem, but I don't know that it'd even function...

« Reply #524 on: November 27, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »

I'm not sure what is going on anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #525 on: November 27, 2018, 08:44:54 PM »
Uh... something is very broken. :T Might just want to back up your saves and make a new installation of the game...

« Reply #526 on: November 27, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »
I'm now making it through some of the main game's postgame and I have another tiny change to report. During the first boss rush, when the three Golden Orbs spawn, it is now the Golden Orb of Forward time that comes in with 0 ATB gauge with the others at 5000, when previously it was the Orb of the Canopy.

Also, on the topic if achievement issues, do the postgame achievements ever show their full information? I'm still getting the achievements and their rewards, and I see that the achievement descriptions tell you what they were for, but the lines that usually tell you what it's for and what the reward is still show as question marks even after I get them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #527 on: November 27, 2018, 10:57:19 PM »
Also, on the topic if achievement issues, do the postgame achievements ever show their full information? I'm still getting the achievements and their rewards, and I see that the achievement descriptions tell you what they were for, but the lines that usually tell you what it's for and what the reward is still show as question marks even after I get them.
Just the ones on the bottom line are like that, that you get from beating the big required-to-progress bosses. All the others should be showing their info.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #528 on: November 28, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
Curious, how do I update to ver. 1.105?

Edit: nvm got it
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:49:35 AM by Otaku »

« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2018, 05:45:09 AM »
Question: is there a new game plus save file available yet with all characters unlocked, plus disk included? the one pinned to the thread is the onl one that stops before Maribel and Renko.

Nefer007

• Nefer007, Shinto God of Insects, Doctorate in Referralology
« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:02 PM »
... does anyone have a map of B9F? Because I keep getting lost in the cold darkness at the tainted altar within these flaming claret hollows (if you get my drift ;).) Honestly, the fact that the map doesn't do things like label arrows, ice tiles, and darkness is annoying.

EDIT: I did manage to explore every tile, but sliding around in the dark was less fun than just stumbling around in the dark of B7F. Not to mention that B9F Far is particularly dark when compared to the Azure Prison...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:11:55 PM by Nefer007 »
Looking for Desunoya music! Help me obtain these ill-gotten goods!

« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
If no one has a new game plus file, can someone who has all the characters unlocked upload their PCF01 file from their save folder and post a link to it? I think i can work from there.

« Reply #532 on: December 14, 2018, 01:29:31 PM »
... does anyone have a map of B9F? Because I keep getting lost in the cold darkness at the tainted altar within these flaming claret hollows (if you get my drift ;).) Honestly, the fact that the map doesn't do things like label arrows, ice tiles, and darkness is annoying.
<snap>
and
If no one has a new game plus file, can someone who has all the characters unlocked upload their PCF01 file from their save folder and post a link to it? I think i can work from there.
Here you can download my savefiles:
https://ufile.io/54nyx
This save contains all chars unlocked and all maps revealed.

Be careful, as this save has some extremely powerful characters who were made so powerful by the means of cheating.

xor

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2018, 12:19:19 AM »
Here's a file right at the start with all characters unlocked: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qle88m3aym3cdv3/save1.zip/file - literally none of the game's flags have been triggered except for the intro and talking to akyu for the first time. As soon as you load it you are gonna get loadsa achievements and some cutscenes for having all characters.

I've had a half-finished and slightly iffy cheat engine table for the game sat on my harddrive for best part of a year that I used to make that save. It's been broken since the last patch so I've been waiting for the promised overflow-fixing patch to be released before taking the effort to fix it up and release it. I'm starting to think that it's never going to happen, so if there's some interest in it I might take the effort to fix it up and release it for this patch.

If anyone is interested, at present it can edit:

For all characters:
  Current Level
  Total Experience
  Current Subclass (so you can have multiple Murakumos/Dragon Gods/Winners)
  Available Skills/Spellcards/Subclass skills and their levels (Max you can have is 60)
  Gems/Jewels/Skill Books used
  Equipped Items (the game refuses to show plus disc items until you beat the main game but you can edit them in manually here if you want)

Current Money
Number of Battles completed this run
What items have been collected and their quantities
Characters recruited
Current X/Y pos on the current map
Temperature in the Fire floors
Current Infinite Corridor floor
Infinite Corridor bonuses (e.g. Drop Rate +10%)
7 Stars/Renmants
Encounter rate

At present the memory locations have to be updated every time the game starts because the game doesn't statically allocate much of its interesting memory. I can fix it by finding pointers instead of using raw memory addresses, but it's a huge pain to do so (hence the waiting for the next patch).

Even with the pointers, the editing skills is a bit iffy - the game seems to use the memory locations I've found as a cache but writes to them every time you change screen. In order to get any changes to stay past a screen transition you have to use the freeze value function (hitting space) in cheat engine. Skills that directly increase stats (including Maintenance) seem to not work, but everything that takes effect in battle does. The game also saves all of the levels of your customised skill set correctly so provided you re-edit the correct slots. I also know there's one or two skill values in the table that are wrong and will crash the game (I started from a text dump of the skill ids I found and it had some wrong values in it), however finding them is a pain.

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:23:47 AM by boneidol »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2018, 02:36:48 AM »
I am. It would make NG+ runs much more convenient to start.
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »
Would there be a way to add something to the table that would let you awaken a character? Might be good for testing and fun/challenge runs.

xor

« Reply #536 on: December 19, 2018, 03:13:39 PM »
I've pulled out all the stuff that doesn't require pointers (items) into its own cheat table that you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pt3m25ey6b5kpmt/THLabyrinth2Plus_out-wip.CT/file

Please, please, please let me know if that doesn't work for anyone. If it doesn't work it means we're using different versions of the game. I'd really like to know it I'm not using the latest version because finding pointers is an utter pain and I don't want to have to do re-do it because I'm not up to date. I can access floor 30 and the infinite corridor is actually infinite so I *think* I'm up to date.

Would there be a way to add something to the table that would let you awaken a character? Might be good for testing and fun/challenge runs.
Funny you should ask that. The cheat table I've posted here let's you do exactly that. The game only checks to see if you have the appropriate item when determining awakening skill access. You just need to flag the awakening item as collected and set it's quantity to be anything other than 0 and you're good to go (you'll need to exit and re-enter the skills screen if you're already on it when doing this).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:16:35 PM by xor »

xor

« Reply #537 on: December 21, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3jcqs9pcg9lo11/THLabyrinth2Plus_out-wip-pointers.zip/file

I could do with some testing before I finish this off. I've isolated some pointers and need some confirmation that they work on other peoples' computers. I currently don't have access to another computer to try this myself and lack the HDD space/patience to set up a Windows Virtual Machine to give it a go in.

Things this adds:

Editing Reimu's stats/skills
Money
Characters Recruited
Consecutive Battles
Total Battlles
Consecutive Escapes
Total Escapes
Game Overs
Temperature
X/Y Pos
Adventures
Encounter Rate

Still remaining

Editing every characters stats except Reimu (if you really want it, find a character's full name and copy and paste all the entries under Reimu into it - they're all relative to a character's full name)
Infinite Corridor related stuff

The file is zipped this time because cheat engine tables use a garbage XML format that doesn't allow you to share drop down options between elements. Each character has 60 skill slots and these slots each have 1500 possible values. The unzipped file is 8 mb. The completed, currently broken file I have is >100mb. :derp:

-- EDIT --

If people could PM which pointers work for them that would be better than spamming up this thread. For reference, they all work for me.

« Reply #538 on: December 30, 2018, 07:43:14 AM »
Can someone confirm if I got the current state of the game right? The very final patch finally arrived including all planned fixes, but the story was never translated because of a lack of translator/s?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #539 on: December 30, 2018, 10:32:01 AM »
Uhh, I think the translator has been inactive for some time now, but the final patch has yet to arrive, as we still need a few bug fixes. Namely overflow bugs.