Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258308 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2018, 04:06:34 AM »
Does anyone happen to know where I could get the TPDP charagraph for lab 1? I didn't seem to notice it in the downloads that are in the OP.

« Reply #421 on: October 09, 2018, 06:11:57 AM »
He says he'll fix the issues in the next patch. He's also considering implementing caps for level, stat level, and damage in order to help alleviate the overflow issues. If I understand it correctly, the highest he can allow damage to go is 999 trillion, and he'll probably set level to a 7 digit cap.
That's very generous caps. Even my super cheated character looks like Lv.0 in comparison to this.

Some funny maths. To get to level 9,999,999 you need to gain at least 273 levels per day. That's 11 levels per hour. You need 100 years of non-stop gameplay (no break for sleep or anything) to get to level cap at such speed.

So it is safe to say that level cap is practically unreachable :)

« Reply #422 on: October 15, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »
Yeah sadly that fix was largely overkill. Iirc the issue is that 3peso couldn't have Extra Attack apply only to personal spellcards (which was probably the basic design idea), and this made certain subclass combos overkill (like having Yuuka firing multiple Dragon Sighs^^)

Yeah, I can understand that since EA was a bit silly with some subclass spells, but I feel the extra mana to cast them should have been for subclass spells only, since this really cuts Yuuka and Sakuya's power considerably for horrendous MP usage.
Not that it affects their cheaper spells, but you can't use Private Square without drinking her MP in one go and Yuuka's MS is even worse since it's not even a default spell and costs much more.

« Reply #423 on: October 15, 2018, 06:05:05 PM »
That's very generous caps. Even my super cheated character looks like Lv.0 in comparison to this.

Some funny maths. To get to level 9,999,999 you need to gain at least 273 levels per day. That's 11 levels per hour. You need 100 years of non-stop gameplay (no break for sleep or anything) to get to level cap at such speed.

So it is safe to say that level cap is practically unreachable :)

The level cap might be for enemies instead of/as well as players.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
You won't be able to kill a boss that's close to 2x your level (unless there's some seriously cheesy strats...) so enemy/player level cap is more or less the same thing. 1.2x~1.4x is about the limit on what can be reasonably handled, on non-trivial bosses.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2018, 02:48:44 AM »
The level cap might be for enemies instead of/as well as players.

3peso didn't specify, but I think it's safe to assume the latter.

« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2018, 07:27:42 AM »
3peso didn't specify, but I think it's safe to assume the latter.
I think it will be for both. Enemies and players share the same stat layout.

And level cap for enemies is also very generous, you won't meet enemies with Lv.9,999,999 until you go through a couple of millions of IC floors :)

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #427 on: October 21, 2018, 11:05:58 PM »
So my bf recently started and wanted to know what's better, Chen with Ran or just Patchouli?

« Reply #428 on: October 22, 2018, 05:16:25 AM »
So my bf recently started and wanted to know what's better, Chen with Ran or just Patchouli?

Patchouli is pretty terrible, whereas Chen and Ran can pull their weight. Though if you use those two, you might eventually want to employ Yukari as well, since a fully powered Shikigami + is one of the strongest attacks in the game

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #429 on: October 22, 2018, 05:17:48 AM »
Speaking of, how would you build Chen, elminster?

« Reply #430 on: October 22, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
Speaking of, how would you build Chen, elminster?

Warrior with maxxed Atk packs a real punch, Phoenix Spread Wings has a surprisingly powerful formula. Other than that, Chen is quite straightforward^^

« Reply #431 on: October 22, 2018, 03:14:29 PM »
I've done both SDM and Yakumo Clan lineups and both can work fine, at least up until Plus Disk postgame. Chen kind of suffers from lowish ATK and poor defense piercing, whereas Patchouli has a lot of MAG and Princess Undine has decent defense piercing. Chen is definitely better from Plus Disk onwards, but she's nigh useless against the fights that most new players will struggle with[Tenshi, Mirror, Magatama]. Patchouli, in contrast, works pretty well for two out of three of those fights and her synergy team does well against the other one. Yukari is great, sure, but you also get her way after you get the rest of the SDM team, after the most difficult fights are over.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »
Chen works once you can patch up her base Atk, but she's kind of terrible until then. Patchouli is OK-ish, but she's so frail and doesn't really get damage boosts off her passives other than SDM; Grand Incantation is hard with her glacial speed and frailty and later, using Boost buffs is better than incanting. Mind tanks aren't safe in the back like they were in LoT1. So, it's not like she -doesn't- work, but she doesn't really have much going for her.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2018, 08:25:57 AM »

whoops

« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2018, 12:07:20 PM »
Maribel is pure love^^

« Reply #435 on: October 26, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
How are the Rocks on B10F and 27F removed?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #436 on: October 26, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »
You need to explore everywhere you can in 27F to continue to progress. It sounds like you either missed a path, or you can already break some of the "control the magic on this floor" rocks and you haven't realized it yet.

You cannot reach the stairs to 28F until you finish B10F, and you cannot finish B10F until you explore the depths of 27F.

« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
I think Rumia is one of the best early game character? I remember relying on her a lot for Tenshi and Magatama. Her and Kaguya were how I got past early game the very first playthrough before postgame.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Rumia trashes 12F Tenshi really really hard. Rumia+Satori to double up on Dark Side of the Moon, Parsee to boost dark damage, and someone to buff magic, and you can take her out without literally a single attack. It's pretty silly. Then Moonlight Ray has solid power for usual fights and she's got a valuable MT heal. Her MND is really high so she's not too shabby on durability.

So she's a pretty solid jack of trades character. Her moveset is very basic, but they each serve a very effective purpose.

« Reply #439 on: October 27, 2018, 11:25:55 PM »
When Eirin overheals more than Komachi's max HP: https://imgur.com/a/DZlhnjx (this is with Akyuu's Boost so without it it would heal about 11m). You could get even higher numbers (about 30m) if you used it on Meiling, since she gets 66% more effect from heals.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2018, 12:01:42 AM »
Eirin is a top class character. Her damage is never terribly good even with the defense piercing (it's OK) but the overheal when subbed Healer is just incredible, from beginning to end. Apart from the obvious uses in not dying, it can also seriously help with boss nukes that are hard to get past at all without big shenanigans.

« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2018, 03:24:49 PM »
Still no news about when the overflow-fixing patch should come out?

« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2018, 12:08:22 AM »
Yeah, 3peso hasn't said anything about Labyrinth of Touhou 2 since the 4th.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
Managed to take down Shadow Eirin, Kaguya and Reisen a while ago, after one-shotting Kaguya with Nitori everybody but Toxicologist Renko were dead.
God bless Easygoing, letting me spam Galaxy Stop and Poisonous Incense lol

Now to find a way to actually deal damage to Grandgon

Edit: Took it down with Rumia.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:30:05 AM by Otaku »

« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
I just noticed that Koishi's Genetics of the Subconscious has 3 levels, even though the skill doesn't seem to get any benefit past level 1 (the counter doesn't seem to have a limit at level 1, and the evade boost is supposed to be only 10%*counter).

« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
I just noticed that Koishi's Genetics of the Subconscious has 3 levels, even though the skill doesn't seem to get any benefit past level 1 (the counter doesn't seem to have a limit at level 1, and the evade boost is supposed to be only 10%*counter).

Perhaps it was supposed to have a max counter level equal to your skill level? I dunno.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2018, 05:45:47 AM »
Jeez, I completely forgot about Shrinemaiden's existence until today. Just got caught up with the past few threads I missed (mostly skimming through all the spoilerific posts though) and I'm glad to see that the game is practically complete, save for some bug fixes. Finally going to start the Plus Disk proper... after I finish grinding the gems I said I would forever ago. Not super excited to hit the point where the "nuke and swap strat" loses effectiveness and Komachi loses her niche as a tank but oh well. Maybe I'll actually be able to take fights slowly unlike what posts these past few threads have lead me to believe. Things aren't looking too hot for my lineup based on the consensus here.

Having started up the game again this time with a new laptop, I have the issue of spell animations being over too fast. It appears to be animating based on my monitors refresh rate and its far far too fast for my taste. Is there a way to "throttle" the game so to speak so things don't animate blisteringly fast?

Edit: Realized I could just change my monitors refresh rate, but is there another way to accomplish this? I don't want to have to switch back and forth every time I want to get a play session in.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:54:53 AM by jaxter0987 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
Maybe there's something you can toggle with a vsync setting?

About Gem grinding, the final floor(s) are a very fast way to get gems, so I really wouldn't worry about grinding for them pre-Plus. Getting to a high enough level for the final plus boss can very possibly get you enough gems to max literally everything on a party of 12, and you can use Infinite Gems to purchase possible missing bits if necessary. (And for gems you want before then, like atk/mag on key attackers, you can just purchase in Infinite Corridor as soon as you unlock it)

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
Patchouli is just fine as a trash sweeper, but you absolutely need to have her out at the same time as Aya, or start her off as a monk for instant battle. She excels in that category, being able to instantly nuke entire groups with a huge MP pool, needing only some TP equipment.

« Reply #449 on: November 02, 2018, 08:32:22 PM »
You need to explore everywhere you can in 27F to continue to progress. It sounds like you either missed a path, or you can already break some of the "control the magic on this floor" rocks and you haven't realized it yet.

You cannot reach the stairs to 28F until you finish B10F, and you cannot finish B10F until you explore the depths of 27F.

Forgot to fight In Laquetti... oops.

Then again, guess Shadow Bosses are all up next anyway from the looks of it.

Spoiler:
mfw Satori uses Biorhythm when I have her on like 20% HP and Koishi heals her right back up again. why me.