Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 89693 times)

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 04:19:48 AM »
i'll got the ball rolling for our first hotspring event i felt i got the bar up rather good

since i need a good info on the status of the girls because not all of them are getting enough mana to actively be moving about i'm using the ones i know who are.

this is a good time for some good humor so far my story telling has been near dead serious.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:21:33 AM by AJC »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:11 AM »
Kojiros, sorry to break it to you, but your character is a huge gary stu.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »
Added a good plot twist in the story,
the rest is up to you.

Telepathy abuse in that case will sure render Amarillo with no energy to even walk or run.

Take that as a Jedi Mind Trick that only have one shot.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 05:50:38 AM »
Kojiros, sorry to break it to you, but your character is a huge gary stu.
i don't know who that even is but i'm assuming its not a compliment haha
Don't worry i'm not THAT powerful anymore just experienced is all. My char is no more powerful than Marisa even in his normal state. I didn't make that story up for this RP i had that story ever since I played Disgaea a few years back and wrote a fanfic about it. Lets say that too much Dragonball Z fanism and Disgaea gave me a bunch of ideas for my fic. haha.  Even in the story i toned his power down to as much as i did.

*just now wiki'ed Gary stu to get the idea*
......oh
so that's what you mean.  ._.  Well yes i wanted him to be mostly cool and powerful and mostly laid-back but dead on serious when things are on the line ya know?
Sorry if that doesn't float your boat man o_o. lol i never knew there was categories for this kinda thing....whether or not girls fawn over me.....well i never cared much for that aspect ._.
dammit now i feel labeled ~_~

Edit: i'm DEFINITELY not tryin to be a stereotype here ~_~. definitely not tryin to unmine everyone or be narcissistic about how to do things. but that really bugs me now. I'm not trying to make a perfect character. To be honest, i'm definitely not a fan of the Gary Stus ._.They are mostly chars that girls go after right? like Lelouch. i was simply goin with a storyline that was fueled with revenge that changed to the typical "save the world" kinda deal ya know? Gah nevermind just know i'm NOT trying to fall into that stereotype nor was i going for it when i made my character. dam dam dam
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:59:33 AM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 05:52:31 AM »
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:43 PM by Helepolis »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 06:00:36 AM »
That almost describes Zoro's style in One Piece, Koji XD

MTG, you rock. Thanks for the summary. Now I can finally read on the new stories and write my next story. I'll either do it later on or at school during my break of one hour.
it does? i never paid much attention to One Piece but Zolo i thought was pretty cool.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 06:29:43 AM »
gonna get to reading the archives sometimes soon. Depending on it, and how events turn out by the time I'm done, the ideas floating around my head may or may not work.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 06:36:50 AM »
Well, this takes me half a day to read up on, let alone post to...

Well, at least I can salvage most of the previous post I put together before the move stopped me under the pretense of character development. I'll try to put a note in about what's non-vital story-wise.

And JESUS this is busy. So many characters, so many players D:
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 06:40:01 AM »
MAybe we should take a break for a while? so everyone can get caught up?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »
Well, I'm not giving up QUITE yet. But it is getting straining. :V

Self-report of what portions are most important to the larger story in our posts might help, so you can get away with skimming? Should we set up a format for that?

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 06:46:55 AM »
Oh yes Jedi Mind Trick time!

(Well, it's the 1st time that Amarillo actually use it since she didn't use it in both arcs of An Age of Chaos. So dragging someone from their "best place" actually makes them braver and crazier. So dig up as many information as you can XD. )

I admit that I watched so many Star Wars .  ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:49:45 AM by nemoma »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
Question of personal concern, since it got ambiguous somewhere along the line - where's Renko?

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 07:06:02 AM »
Just a quick info

The rest is all yours XD just remember to sent Amarillo back to the town after that since I'm calling it a day, BTW A-chan's Force Cool Down is 8hrs

And she even directly asked the man to head back, saving more trouble.

I myself 'll sleep for some hours... 3 or 4 perhaps ;D

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
Anyhow, in the sign up sheet I mentioned Kogasa as one of my partners. If anyone's wondering why I hadn't mentioned her earlier, it's because she was in the lugage in umbrella form.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 07:56:37 AM »
ok done for now i've decided to add a little twist myself in my last post and hint about the existance of the Rai force 1 faction just for incentive for people to join the RP in other factions which we currently lack i myself might take start doing two chars for this RP one is Alex for the gensokyo faction the other has Yagi for rai force 1: path of the chosen being the leader of that faction

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
So. I decided to sign up for this thing.

Since this has already started I'm absolutely baffled as to how to start off. ._.;; Any ideas?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »
So. I decided to sign up for this thing.

Since this has already started I'm absolutely baffled as to how to start off. ._.;; Any ideas?

Welcome aboard. You can start by reading up on what's happened in the summary/status update thread here. Or you can just leap in as we've just started day 2 and have just decided to reopen the abandoned shrine/inn in Karuisuwa.

I haven't read your profile yet, but I will in a bit. I'd be able to give better suggestions then. Otherwise, see what fits you best, I suppose.

Also, regarding the nodes mentioned in Xan's post, this is what I came up with in response:

Looks like a good plan, though we might have to suss out the details.

It's a good solution for our distance limitation though. How are we supposed to run an inn/shrine if everyone has to be within 5 meters of everyone else? (I assume you were suggesting the leyline node is the Saniwa shrine itself, yes?)

Plus there's the matter of the overall reduced spirituality in the outside world. Hmm...

Oh, that gives me a rather interesting plan. As well as increase individual strengths, they can increase the strength of the Saniwa shrine node by increasing the spirituality in the region, say, by attracting worshippers, promoting the shrine, perhaps getting some of the girls to become town pop-idols and form a band or something, stuff like that (Kannagi Miko style).

To keep things interesting, the node is a weaker source of mana than an outsider. Sure the girls can move around more independently while within the Saniwa shrine grounds, but they are relatively weakened while they do so. They have to stay close to their partners for a set amount of time each day. Thus the need to train and improve themselves isn't removed.

Thoughts?

Again, I echo, thoughts? Suggestions? Improvements?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
Welcome aboard. You can start by reading up on what's happened in the summary/status update thread here. Or you can just leap in as we've just started day 2 and have just decided to reopen the abandoned shrine/inn in Karuisuwa.

I haven't read your profile yet, but I will in a bit. I'd be able to give better suggestions then. Otherwise, see what fits you best, I suppose.

Then I will not start immediately, would rather get approval and suggestions on what the hell I should be doing first instead of jump in and do something terribly wrong.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
Then I will not start immediately, would rather get approval and suggestions on what the hell I should be doing first instead of jump in and do something terribly wrong.

Ok, read up on your post. So you're with Meira and you were in Gensokyo. You must have escaped Gensokyo through the gateway along with everyone else. Perhaps you were one of the few to land elsewhere other than the Hakurei Shrine, thus explaining why you ended up separated from the others.

You can decide where you landed, to begin with. Anywhere within the Yatsugatake National Park, around (or in) Lake Suwa, or perhaps inside the town of Karuisuwa. You may even have landed inside the Saniwa shrine where we're currently staying and have yet to bump into the rest of us interlopers.

Anyhow, you can decide where you want to stay in Karuisuwa. Most of us, with the exception of Kojiro and Amarillo, are staying at the abandoned Saniwa shrine/inn/dojo complex which we have now been charged with reopening and maintaining. It'll give us a good base of operations to lay low while we strengthen ourselves and our mana links in preparation for a confrontation with Kikuri. You're welcome to stay with us.

EDIT: Oh, And E-mouse, that was a very, very entertaining post. I am amused. Mitaka shall be 'deodorant' forthwith. (added to fun facts)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 11:43:05 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »
Because, I don't know who to PM, I'll just put it here

To whom it may concern:

I wish to join in this RP thing going on, taking Nitori and Momizi along into my team.

It is to be called Team Shakin'

I also wish to use two other characters

Their description can be found in the profile thread.

please respond soon.

Thank you

Etch-E-Sketch

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 01:48:47 PM »
Because, I don't know who to PM, I'll just put it here

To whom it may concern:

I wish to join in this RP thing going on, taking Nitori and Momizi along into my team.

It is to be called Team Shakin'

I also wish to use two other characters

Their description can be found in the profile thread.

please respond soon.

Thank you

Etch-E-Sketch

That'd be me. I'm the 'organizer' of sorts...err, sort of. Ok, Nitori and Momizi it is then. 'Partners' here generally refers to the touhou character you're partnered with, so I was a little confused when your two characters were 'partnered' with each other. Partnerships in this game suggest the existence of a mana sharing contract, you see.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »
.. u might as well ask the Mod to give u a seperate board at this rate.. the cluttering of UGW is ridiculous.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
.. u might as well ask the Mod to give u a seperate board at this rate.. the cluttering of UGW is ridiculous.

-_- well....

...I suppose that's what the future RPG forum will be for... *shrugs*

A proper RPG session just needs this many resources, especially one of this size (this is a relatively large number of players for one RPG session, especially one that's just beginning). It was just something for fun at first but it quickly grew and everything became too cluttered to keep in two threads.

Besides, you have the space, right?

Anyhow, to everyone else, how do you like your team names? I just based them on the first thing that came to mind when I thought of your character/team. Just let me know if you want to suggest an alternate name.

Now for Titles:

This is something I used to do in a previous RPG. After a day ends I would give each player a ?title? based on the most memorable thing their character has done/went through/was abused for/etc. for the day.

Now titles for day 1, in order of what I can think up -
Mitaka ? Deodorant (for ARMPITS)
Jeremy ? DRILL!
Kojiro - Tsun-Remi-Dere Samurai
Zei - Onii-san
Taihou - Taihou the Combat(??!) Buttler
Hiroko - Saturday Night Jealousy
Amarillo ? Jedi Tourist
McWallace ? Lunatic Highlander (just because of your name)
Alex ? Ecchi Fairy Harem-Master
ThirtyFour - FUBAR Tank Commander
Sho - Yuyuko Bait
Pichu - Baddass Freakin' Harem-Master
Sumire - Newspaper Girl(?)
Myon - MIA

Was that everyone?

TranceHime and Etch-a-Sketch, you've both just joined so you'll get a title for day 2.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »
Just for this? I dunno, it seems a bit much for what is, essentially, one RPG. If we plan to have more like this one, then I'd probably believe it to be a worthwhile move.

Baddass Freakin' Harem-Master
Again, I'm so going to implement 'Shinki BEEEEEEAM~' in this at some point (possibly at the climax or the next 'battle' we have). Also you can change the name to Owlbear now, being...yeah I pretty much changed it. Got rather embarassed of my old name tbh...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2009, 03:19:29 PM »
aww haha i liked your old name man everytime i heard it i thought of the pokemon pichu and thought Badass freakin overlord Pichu....and then i'd lol but i thought that was pretty cool haha Imagine a badass Pichu that could kick some overlord ass eh? hahacomical ^^

now that i think about it i kinda did make Remi a Tsundere huh?
man i fall into categories when i don't even realize it its kinda odd haha. ah well as long as i make it good for everyone to enjoy hehe.

Edit: Though the team name is cute I'd like to have it be.... Scarlet Piercers with Autumn Magic
Scarlet = Remilia
Piercers = Koji Youmu
Autumn = Minoriko
Magic  patchouli koakuma

or Team SPAM
XD ahhaha
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:33:38 PM by Kojiro »

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009, 03:33:17 PM »
aww haha i liked your old name man everytime i heard it i thought of the pokemon pichu and thought Badass freakin overlord Pichu....and then i'd lol but i thought that was pretty cool haha Imagine a badass Pichu that could kick some overlord ass eh? hahacomical ^^
Y'know, now that I think of it, I remember I created a sprite comic based on that very idea.

I dunno I might go on ahead and change it back if the initial name change confuses alot of people. I just wanna see how 'Owlbear' sticks amoung the crowd first.

Gpop

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »
-_- well....

...I suppose that's what the future RPG forum will be for... *shrugs*

A proper RPG session just needs this many resources, especially one of this size (this is a relatively large number of players for one RPG session, especially one that's just beginning). It was just something for fun at first but it quickly grew and everything became too cluttered to keep in two threads.

Besides, you have the space, right?

Anyhow, to everyone else, how do you like your team names? I just based them on the first thing that came to mind when I thought of your character/team. Just let me know if you want to suggest an alternate name.

Now for Titles:

This is something I used to do in a previous RPG. After a day ends I would give each player a ?title? based on the most memorable thing their character has done/went through/was abused for/etc. for the day.

Now titles for day 1, in order of what I can think up -
Mitaka ? Deodorant (for ARMPITS)
Jeremy ? DRILL!
Kojiro - Tsun-Remi-Dere Samurai
Zei - Onii-san
Taihou - Taihou the Combat(??!) Buttler
Hiroko - Saturday Night Jealousy
Amarillo ? Jedi Tourist
McWallace ? Lunatic Highlander (just because of your name)
Alex ? Ecchi Fairy Harem-Master
ThirtyFour - FUBAR Tank Commander
Sho - Yuyuko Bait
Pichu - Baddass Freakin' Harem-Master
Sumire - Newspaper Girl(?)
Myon - MIA

Was that everyone?

TranceHime and Etch-a-Sketch, you've both just joined so you'll get a title for day 2.

You forgot my group:

Team Freud.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry to say but i won't be as active for a while. I have a lot of papers/persentations to be working on. 1 10page paper with a presentation. one research paper, one other paper with at least 3000 words. (don't know exactly how many pages that is ._.)
i have to seriously get to work as there is only like 3 and a half weeks left of school  ~_~ I'll post if i can but go ahead and control my char and team for a bit. I'll post later on today for sure so that we can have access to our mansion in the town and to introduce Pearl finally.
Last i recall we're at the hotsprings right? cool haha

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:37 PM »
Now I kinda know what is meant by "whammy more discussion less actual RPing."

Except I am way too used to this, hehe.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Do you really need five threads for this?