Author Topic: [Request/Art] Tweak my stick art :T  (Read 3116 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
[Request/Art] Tweak my stick art :T
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
Alright I'm modding a HRAP3 SA and I want to swap the artwork on it but I want to make it RIGHT before I do it.

I have a few ideas floating around and this is where I'm at.

The circles correspond to matching button colors I've already bought.  I was thinking of replacing the circles with claw marks to fit with the Tao theme but I'm pretty untalented when it comes to that sort of stuff.  Other than that it looks kind of empty and is missing a "feel" or just something more special than just a static pattern fill and a vectored screencap.

Attached is the PSD for the template with my current look.  So please, take my template, hack on it, and give me something that'll look outstanding o/

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Drake

Re: [Request/Art] Tweak my stick art :T
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:50:52 AM »
I'm not so sure how the claws should be positioned. It looks okay without them anyways, though.

I had the idea of just populating a bunch of space (mostly around the buttons) with random Taokaka sprites because hnngh, but I dunno.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wazjnoojmmk

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:43:23 AM »
Well my idea was to replace the circles with claw marks matching the same basic shape they occupied.  Basically flip on the cutout layer, and have claw marks in 2-3 rows going across the main button area.

Remember the circles roughly correspond to the color of the buttons being placed there.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
Comme ci?

Comme ?a?

(quality will be fixed later :P)

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Bottom is better except could you flip it so the claw mark starts from the left and goes down right instead of how it is now?

I dunno if I'm sold on the BG though, the dark BG clashes with the light purple/blue buttons I have.