Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 11 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211154 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 11 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "I'm not sure how else to explain it. When I was sent to a thousand years in the future, many of you were still alive and well, and you all signed that statement to be brought back to your present selves to see."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "I'm not sure how else to explain it. When I was sent to a thousand years in the future, many of you were still alive and well, and you all signed that statement to be brought back to your present selves to see."

>She looks at the statement again, frowning. "So you really did that? Skipped ahead so many years, then came back? How?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »
> "I do not know the details. Some unknown force was responsible. Even the hakutaku of the time was not sure how it happened. My getting back was the work of Ran Yakumo; all I did was gather materials for her, and she did the rest."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
> "I do not know the details. Some unknown force was responsible. Even the hakutaku of the time was not sure how it happened. My getting back was the work of Ran Yakumo; all I did was gather materials for her, and she did the rest."

>"How strange," she says. She glances toward the Sworn Statement. "So...this is real? I feels like some kind of prank."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
> "It is indeed real, and nearly everyone was immediately happy to contribute. Only Miss Toyosatomimi had any reservations, and they were only about influencing the past, not the actual message."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
> "It is indeed real, and nearly everyone was immediately happy to contribute. Only Miss Toyosatomimi had any reservations, and they were only about influencing the past, not the actual message."

>You can definitely make out her lips tightening for a moment when you mention Miko. "It is a very nice message...but I notice a few names are missing."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
> "There are at least two people I am aware of that exist physically in this time but did not exist physically in the future, yes. I admit it is also possible that either your family or theirs have more members than I was aware of."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »
> "There are at least two people I am aware of that exist physically in this time but did not exist physically in the future, yes. I admit it is also possible that either your family or theirs have more members than I was aware of."

>She frowns, then nods. "Might I show this to the others?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2017, 03:37:26 PM »
> "That is actually my goal, though I would request I go with you. On top of all of the necessary explaining, Miss Toramaru requested I deliver a message to her specifically, in private."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
> "That is actually my goal, though I would request I go with you. On top of all of the necessary explaining, Miss Toramaru requested I deliver a message to her specifically, in private."

>"Oh, okay," says Ichirin. "That's fine. Come with me?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »
> "Sure."
> Follow!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2017, 04:45:57 PM »
> "Sure."
> Follow!

>She leads you into the shrine, and pausing to remove her shoes in the vestibule. Then from the front area, she leads you down a hallway to the side. The halls here are narrow and wooden, well-cared for nonetheless. You aren't entirely unfamiliar with them, having visited here from time to time for Rinnosuke. Usually he is up on the second floor, but it seems Ichirin is leading you elsewhere. You pass what you are sure are a few personal rooms before you come to a small kitchen with a sizable dinner table in the middle of it. You note that Nazrin is here, kneeling at the table and reading a scroll of some kind. The mouse youkai glances at you curiously for a moment, then goes back to her reading.
>"Please wait here," says Ichirin, "I'll get the others. Nazrin, is Shou still at the store?"
>"Yep," says Nazrin, not looking up.
>"Would you fetch her for me? Miss Sakuya has brought something important."
>Nazrin groans, and slowly stands up.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #222 on: July 06, 2017, 04:49:03 PM »
>"I noticed there seemed to be some sort of event going on at some of the stores. I don't intend to keep you from getting Shou, but what's that about?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2017, 04:55:13 PM »
>"I noticed there seemed to be some sort of event going on at some of the stores. I don't intend to keep you from getting Shou, but what's that about?"

>"Oh, it's sapling day," says Nazrin.
>Ah, that would explain it. One of the rare times that Yuuka comes to town, to sell young plants of all kinds to whomever she thinks will give them a good home. It can be kind of a tense time, and you imagine that Reimu would probably like to know about this, because Yuuka definitely didn't say anything to her.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »
> "Ah, how fortuitous. I had something for her as well. But that can come later."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »
> "Ah, how fortuitous. I had something for her as well. But that can come later."

>"Just a few moments," says Ichirin, as she disappears through one door, and Nazrin through the way you came.
>It takes a few minutes before people start to file into the kitchen, Murasa first, looking mildly bothered, then Kyouko and Ichirin again. Ichirin's nyuudo companion quietly drifts in next, and occupies a spot near the ceiling, where others have a fair amount of room. Byakuren follows, having to double over to get through the small door.
>"So," says Murasa, as the others get seated. "You've got a present for us?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »
> Did we get the statement back from Ichirin, or does she still have it? Or did we never actually outright hand it over to her in the first place?
> Nod.
> "Indeed. However, I must preface this by explaining how it came to be. As unbelievable as this may sound, yesterday morning, some sort of unknown force dragged me forward through time, to nearly one thousand years in the future."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
> Did we get the statement back from Ichirin, or does she still have it? Or did we never actually outright hand it over to her in the first place?
> Nod.
> "Indeed. However, I must preface this by explaining how it came to be. As unbelievable as this may sound, yesterday morning, some sort of unknown force dragged me forward through time, to nearly one thousand years in the future."

>You have the Statement.
>"What," says Murasa.
>"The future?" Kyouko says. "What."
>"How extraordinary," says Byakuren.
>"She has something like proof," says Ichirin.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:55 PM »
> "Yes. I have this."
> Offer the Statement to Byakuren.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »
> "Yes. I have this."
> Offer the Statement to Byakuren.

>Byakuren takes it and looks it over. The others peer around her arms. The nyuudo floats over her, peering over her shoulder.
>"How interesting..." she says at length.
>"Who forged this?" says Murasa.
>"Forged what?" says Nazrin as she comes in, accompanied by Shou.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »
> "Those signatures are from your future selves. Well, ah, most of your future selves."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
> "Those signatures are from your future selves. Well, ah, most of your future selves."

>"What?" says Shou, as she makes her way to the table and plops down.
>"Future selves," says Kyouko. "That's what she said."
>"Sakuya says she's been to the distant future," Byakuren says. "Apparently this is a message she brought back from us."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
> "Yes. As I told Miss Kumoi, nearly everyone I found was immediately happy to contribute. Only Miss Toyosatomimi had any reservations, and they were only about influencing the past. She supported the actual message just fine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
> "Yes. As I told Miss Kumoi, nearly everyone I found was immediately happy to contribute. Only Miss Toyosatomimi had any reservations, and they were only about influencing the past. She supported the actual message just fine."

>"Did they really say something like that?" Kyouko says, as the newcomers crowd in to read over Byakuren's arm.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
> Nod.
> "The impression I got was that things had been that way for a while before I appeared. It is perhaps worth noting that I found Miss Toramaru and Miss Soga at the same time, preparing to share a meal at a smaller branch Temple in a different region."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:46:28 PM by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2017, 06:46:49 PM »
Edited, sorry

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
> Nod.
> "The impression I got was that things had been that way for a while before I appeared. It is perhaps worth noting that I found Miss Toramaru and Miss Soga at the same time, preparing to share a meal at a smaller branch Temple in a different region."

>"So how come me and Hijiri didn't sign it, then," says Murasa. "You trying to imply we're in the wrong or something?"
>"Let's not ask that kind of question, Minamitsu," says Byakuren. "There are quite a few answers, and I'm sure it's not important for us to know which is which."
>"Does anyone even know what their signatures look like?" says Ichirin.
>"I've gotten a couple of letters," says Shou. "Um, I think those look generally correct? But what's this about a branch temple?"
>"And sharing meals?" says Ichirin.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
> Look at Murasa and shake our head.
> "Apologies for the concern, but it is nothing like that. It is simply that neither of you were present when I was collecting signatures."
> Look over to Byakuren.
> "That is to say, in your case, Miss Hijiri, your presence in this building was no longer physical."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
>Should we really say something like that to Byakuren? It's probably best not to share more info about the future than we need to- as she herself just stated.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
Oh, fine, be that way. :(

> "Apologies for the concern, but it is nothing like that. It is simply that neither of you were present when I was collecting signatures."
> Look over to Byakuren.
> "That is to say, in your case, Miss Hijiri, your presence in this building was no longer physical."

> Don't do this.

> "My apologies for causing concern. I assure you that any missing names are absent for much less offensive reasons."
> Look back to the general crowd.
> "Anyway, at thee risk of telling too much of the future, there will eventually come a time where having multiple establishments is prudent for your faith, as well as a number of businesses. Miss Toramaru appeared to be in charge of one such Temple; when I visited, Miss Soga was also present, and I believe you two were preparing lunch."