Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates - More waifu, more husbando, more sales!  (Read 105869 times)

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Fire Emblem: Fates - More waifu, more husbando, more sales!
« on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:19 AM »
FE: Fates released today, and since I'm getting it tomorrow, I thought it might be a good idea to get just-released hype/normal discussion going for the game(s), if anybody here plays FE at all  :V

For one, I'm excited and a little confused over the child system in this game. New children are always good, but the implementation may or may not have backstory for it. The gist of it is that
Spoiler:
you go to a place where time conveniently speeds up for people in it, and your kid appears there. Boom. No time-travel or other explanation neccesary.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:26:07 AM by Hikari »

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: So, The New Fire Emblem Game Just Released...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:21:04 AM »
I haven't played the games that have Successor Systems, only the GBA ones, yet i was always curious in experimenting them.

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »
Sadly, still no release date for europe yet... (and one preorder I saw was for december 2016, I hope this one's wrong)
Soon

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »
I have a lot of reservations about this game. The new weapon system sounds sketchy as does the "buy the same game a bunch of times" Pokemon caah grab thing. I gotta try it though, right? I'm sure it will be fine. Hopefully. I'll grab a copy later I guess.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »
Well, as far as the three game thing goes, Nintendo has stated that you buy the first game for roughly $40, then after completing the final chapter, you can buy the other two for about $20. That totals to about $80, and then regional tax bumps it up to around $90, plus or minus a few. Not to mention, unlike Pokemon, each game (minus Revelation) has its own set of characters. All three games have their own storyline, too. The gist of it, just for anybody who doesn't know, is that:

• Conquest: Extremely hard, revolves around taking out a corrupt king from within
  • Birthright: About as easy as Awakening (if you've played that), revolves around protecting Hoshido from the "evil" Nohrians
  • Revelation: Unknown difficulty, goes through what happens if you simply opt-out of everything.

I haven't played the games that have Successor Systems, only the GBA ones, yet i was always curious in experimenting them.
Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn are probably more your type, then. If you're interested in the 3DS ones, the main difference is that the relationship system is universal, meaning the characters can marry just about whoever, and get a 1.5x buff on hit rate/evasion by doing so. Anyone who claims the 3DS games are fully based around supports/marriage is wrong, though. Both of the 3DS games include multiple difficulties (Or at least I think Fates does), and higher difficulties aren't just high in name; they're actually hard. Awakening Hard is about what you'd expect of a Fire Emblem game, and then if you complete that you can play Lunatic mode, in which you will completely die unless you are the most amazing person in the world or you use a guide. If you want to go with Fates, I'd say get Birthright EDIT: Conquest, it's supposedly (according to Kotaku) one of the hardest games ever, sub Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:31:23 PM by Hikari »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
The Pokemon comparison is tenuous, because almost nobody actually buys both Pokemon games, while this is basically being pitched as an $80 retail game. We'll see. I'm going to pick up Conquest this afternoon and I have a buddy who will be buying Birthright.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 02:30:10 PM »
Yeah. I'm going to grab both, with one as download for the discount, and then next month imma grab Revelation, if I ever finish Conquest.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:14 PM »
nohr best

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
FE: Fates released today.

NOT IN EUROPE  :V

In fact we do not even have a release date except '2016'.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
NOT IN EUROPE  :V

In fact we do not even have a release date except '2016'.

Damn, that sucks. Knowing Nintendo's release dates, I'd say it'll probably release between September and the end of the year. Here's to hoping, I guess.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 10:52:50 PM »
Here I thought people would be posting My Castle addresses here already

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 03:56:23 AM »
Here I thought people would be posting My Castle addresses here already
Let's fix that then, shall we?

IGN - PriDe
Castle name - Thunderhold
Address - 06785-06584-57551-14265

Nohr sided. I got meat and sapphires, for those looking.

yo where dem peaches at

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »
Conquest, Hard Mode, Chapter 10.

Argh.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
Let's fix that then, shall we?

IGN - PriDe
Castle name - Thunderhold
Address - 06785-06584-57551-14265

Nohr sided. I got meat and sapphires, for those looking.

yo where dem peaches at

i heard someone looking for peaches
Ft. Reimilia aka "I don't have a better name to change it to"
Castle Address 10777-93023-92778-91575
I have done not-very-much customizing my castle, but I've got level 1 Peaches and Jades. I've seen that they can be upgraded to give out more, but I guess I need a little more progress first. But so far I've at least built everything that has become available to me.
need many berries but have none

Birthright / Chapter 10 here right now. Loving this game even more so than I did Awakening. I can see I'm going to spend a lot of time on this. Normal / Casual first playthrough as usual. I can handle / prefer the higher difficulties but I want to experience each level eventually, so I may as well get the easiest done first. Save the best for last and such.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »
Heh. I'm at Normal/Classic Chapter 17 in Birthright. At some point I kind of said "whatever, difficulty is for Conquest," and lowered to this difficulty from Hard/Classic when I couldn't get through Chapter 7 Hard/Classic. Only married off myself though so far, because Felicia. I hear Conquest is significantly harder than Birthright, so I'm playing them in order of difficulty. For Conquest I intend to do Hard/Classic, no difficulty drops.

The Bath House is amazing, though, at least as male Corrin/Kamui. You just casually walk in, totally oblivious to the (implied, even though she's clearly clothed) naked person in front of you. And then get kicked out after they make themselves obvious to you (if they weren't already)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:54:10 PM by Hikari »

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 07:30:48 PM »
I think it's accurate to say that Conquest is pretty difficult, as I'm having a few issues getting through maps (without losing units :V) just on Normal/Classic. You don't really have the option to grind and level up many of your weaker units, such as Mozu or Azura, and with the shift in the Pair Up system, you can't just shove one of them onto your stronger, tankier units to get in a possible last hit.

That said, just like in Pok?mon, I have a bad tendency to put my favorites on the front line and just let them soak up all the EXP, so yeah, there's a reason my avatar and Niles are some of the only high level units I have. :V

Actually, here's something I've noticed: I don't see any immediate method to return a unit back to any base classes. In fact, the reclassing system seems to have no method of lowering your level down by any means. Is it safe to assume that base classes - and by proxy, their skills - are off limits once you use a master seal on a unit?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 07:37:40 PM by Patorikku »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 09:15:18 PM »
Actually, here's something I've noticed: I don't see any immediate method to return a unit back to any base classes. In fact, the reclassing system seems to have no method of lowering your level down by any means. Is it safe to assume that base classes - and by proxy, their skills - are off limits once you use a master seal on a unit?
There's no dropping your level in this, so even in Conquest the lack of grinding isn't as big a deal.  Of note, though - if you change to a different class after promotion, you'll still qualify and learn the skills from the lower class.  So, for example, if you picked Cavalier as your second set for the MC but stayed as Prince until after promotion, if you reclass to Paladin you'll learn the Cavalier skills as well as the Paladin ones as you level.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 12:10:49 AM »
Well, actually, even without the Second Seals, you can reset your level many, many times. You would get to level 20/30 as a base class, Master Seal, get to level 20 as that class, Heart Seal to all of the other class paths, do those, then finally do the Partner Seal class path. If you were so inclined, you could go further and do a last, final, Dread Scroll reclass.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 10:05:15 PM »
My Birthright copy shall be downloaded when I get home. The Conquest cartridge is in the mail. Go go gadget Cam Clarke protag.
nohr best
Yes.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 11:05:55 PM »
 Its a shame we in Europe will only get it in like June or something  :(  :ohdear:

So anyway how hard is Conquest in relation to Birthright? Anyone get to Revelations already?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
So anyway how hard is Conquest in relation to Birthright? Anyone get to Revelations already?

Not sure about Japan, but in the USA Revelations comes out March 10. 17 days  :3

Anyways, I haven't played both yet, I'm finishing up (I think) Birthright, but basing this off of a Kotaku article, any given stage in Conquest may take up to 12 hours to complete. Multiply that by 20+ chapters and side-stories, and... well.

Here's the Kotaku article if you're interested: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright vs Conquest: Which to Buy

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 01:37:31 AM »
Conquest chapter 10 is nasty.  I love it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 01:54:43 AM »
Jeeeeesus Conequest is rough. I'm slightly regretting playing it on hard now. So far it hasn't really been hard in an especially fun way. It's less a case of "have a good plan" and more a case of "you'll have to restart some stages ten times to figure out the tile-perfect way you have to position the three units the game will let you have in order to shepherd the uncontrollable ally NPCs to the correct places at the correct times", which isn't fun, it's just annoying. I assume things will get better once I have a few more characters to make use of though. The harshly constricted team sizes so far don't appeal to me though. I want my team to work because my units have synergy, and that's impossible when I just have a very few units that I don't even get to choose. I'm still very early in the game so I imagine it will open up soon.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 02:53:12 AM »
Well, when it comes down to it though, Conquest is supposed to be "near-impossible" since Ganon Garon is super mad at you and stuff.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 03:42:37 AM »
Man, I chose normal mode, and even so, conquest chapter 10 gave me trouble. Even with it tossing a super strong flying unit (Camilla) for you to use, it was hell trying to defend against that onslaught of sky/wyvern knights! I feel as if I might not have gotten through without having an uber high defense unit like Effie nicely leveled up.

I'd also like to note that this route is actually making me use my healers, which I don't feel I did much of in Awakening.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 05:08:49 AM »
I didn't really have much trouble with 10, the most trouble I had was having to run back because the stupid units were ignoring mine.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 05:24:13 AM »
Urrrrgh Poison Strike is such a bullshit mechanic. It's not incredibly difficult to deal with necessarily, it's just irritating. It's so fucking slow to play against.

Also, did I irrevocably fuck myself by picking Mage as my avatar's talent? His second highest stat is magic but he can't use any spells. I'm hoping I can class up into a spellcaster or something. Can I?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 06:12:27 AM »
Urrrrgh Poison Strike is such a bullshit mechanic. It's not incredibly difficult to deal with necessarily, it's just irritating. It's so fucking slow to play against.

Also, did I irrevocably fuck myself by picking Mage as my avatar's talent? His second highest stat is magic but he can't use any spells. I'm hoping I can class up into a spellcaster or something. Can I?
Talent determines what you have as an alternative class set if you use a Heart Seal, so yeah.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
Heh. I'm at Normal/Classic Chapter 17 in Birthri
Conquest, Hard Mode, Chapter 10.
GDI LEMME CATCH UP I only got through the character customization last night!

I do like being able to customize your character's alternate class during their initial setup. Scouting the characters led to me finding that I was going to end up with too few spellcasters on the Birthright route and too few healers on the Conquest route. Being able to swap to a desired role without being completely outright broken is a nice touch.

Minus points for having Cam Clarke as a VA but no option to give him a mullet and a ridiculous British accent.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2016, 12:21:34 AM »
Huh? Oh sorry, I'm on the last stage of Birthright.

Even in Birthright, if you ignore certain characters, they become practically unusable. So now I have three battle set-ups which wouldn't work in Conquest, which I'm starting probably tomorrow.
  • A: Super Powerful Bosses: Ryoma and I
  • B: Less Powerful Bosses With Strategery: Ryoma and Takumi, Me and Felicia
  • C: All Others: Every character above level 10
Obviously, the first two only work if you're on a "defeat the boss" mission, but whatever. I still have my "rout the enemy" team, so.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:28:19 AM by Hikari »