Author Topic: Crawl Relay Run - Over  (Read 107779 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 37, MoTK : 2
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »
Apparently someone wanted to do the assassin character (which I REALLY recommend doing next time) in 0.5 because we haven't had a single successful run with an assassin.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »
Apparently someone wanted to do the assassin character (which I REALLY recommend doing next time) in 0.5 because we haven't had a single successful run with an assassin.
Is 0.5 easier then?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »
Not really

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

So does this mean you'll OK this? Cause I thought we were strictly sticking to 0.4.5. I just finished my run and plan to post it soon, so I want to know if it's ok to add his files. (I'll even divide them into 0.4.5 and 0.5 folder if you like.

(Still think we should stay in 0.4.5 myself since we don't have operational sprite yet...)
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »
If the char has been on 0.4.5, keep them there. Only the Spriggan assassin is on 0.5 because nobody got round to keeping it alive to pass on. From the size of Affinity's file, it must be 0.4.5 that he used.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
Oh?  Well, I used 0.5, as seen on the file name.  If the saves don't work, then tell me, since I'm quite bad at this stuff.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
i'll do the run on the weekend but no gurantees i can post due to being away for an event. But wait up for me k? I'll try to do a successful one nearing 5000 turns.
Kobold Sin per usual

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Totaku

« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2009, 01:39:38 AM »
Ok I'm going to just go ahead and post, Ramus can skin me for this action if he thinks it's not necessary.

Well to begin the story we left Patchouli, she was on floor 21 of the Dungeon. All seem to go well for her at the moment. Well at least it did for a while... After some Yaktards... Patchouli's body began to glow...why? I forgot to remove the Amulet of Shirugh she had on...

As a result Patchouli suffered from radioactive poisoning and mutated once...

The result?

She now has a craving for veggies...

I guess under some situation even youkais can become herbivores. :P

Long story short, eating vegetables will have a better effect, eating meat will have a slight less hunger healing effect, it's almost unnoticeable at this point thankfully. So let's be glad the mutation wasn't something terrible....

She then later came across a book..

This book is generally promising, but it's not exactly always effective. (Beside we have book of Anilnathion, far superior)

After clearing the floor from Sphinxes, and more yaktard Patchy went to the 22nd floor...

Looks like Patch's has the attention of plenty of fokes here... Time for crowd control! Magic Swords, GO!

Then Patchouli later confronted a new kind of elf. The Elf Knight.

These guys are considered to be the power houses in the elf family. Though considering they're still low rank that's not say much...

Basically they can endure more damage, and can attack and perform decent damage. However they're still brittle, just not as much. Oh and they tend to use magic darts and blinking from the distance if they're not carrying a bow.

Two bolts of fire and he was down...

After slaying a squad of orges Patchy ran into a strange old wizard named Francis.

Francis is a later stage unique for a reason. When in the mood he will summon demons and other creature to aid him while he uses a variety of spells. However Patch made short work of him before he had even a chance.

After fight more hordes of monsters, Patchy got a gift from Mima..

A Book of stalking, good if your doing poison magic early on, but at this point of the game, not quite worth it. However there is still one benefit.... Petrify and invisibility maybe... then again some demons can see invisible so..... maybe not...

After clearing out the floor Patchy went to the 23rd floor.

Talk about a welcoming party! Yaktards at the stairway.Thankfully my swords could act as Shields while Patchy dished out the damage upon the Yaktards.

But what else did she hear? The sound of coins?!! Thar must mean something very big just arrived! Patchouli decide to rush as quick as she could to find where that noise was coming from....

After exterminating a band of orcs and running from a rock giant skeleton (due to being low on magic) She discovered it....

A Portal to the Bazaar!

The Bazaar is somewhat very rare to come by in 0.4.5 (or at least it was for me)

It's one spot that is highly recommended to visit because of when you enter you are bound to find shops....lots of them and they usually will care some good items in most cases. Just be sure you have your money handy. :P

To ensure she could take the items out with her, Patch dropped her books and a scroll to make room and narrowly escaped from death from the rock giant and the centaurs warrior as she leaped into the portal!

Quite an interesting place I wonder what kind of shops we'll find here...

Oh nice, a first set of shops right here! It appears to be a Book and weapon shop! Let's see what they got!

Nice selection. Most of these books Patchy already owns, but in the end she bought the book of Air and the Monster Manual. At least now Patchy can change her summon spell once she's prepared....

This selection is awesome! In particular the Falchion there. Patch bought the Arbiter Falchion. Was it worth it?

Oh yeah! It was it's like a robe of resistance with poison resistance, and it give a dex boost! All good! This will likely be Patchy's main weapon she'll be using now. She's practically ready for hell later on.

And in our next room two more shops! A weapon and antique armor shop! What's inside?

Mmmm...not much here... Thought maybe the animal skin (thought I have never found many good animal skins.... Bought it anyways...

Now this is awesome! A double sword of eletricution +4 +2! Bought that for to use with Tumika's Dance.

Patchy tried on the animal skin and the result...

Pointless....Dropping it....

After all purchasing, PAtchy had only around 1000 gold roughly...

After leaving she gather a few things and begin to return to the hive to stash away some of her items as she was becoming overloaded...

On her way back up...she confronted an Azure Jelly.

These Jellies can be a mess if you let it get near you. As they can freeze you as they hit you. And it hurts!

Course they also have one major weakness...FIRE!

Easy work for Patchouli...or so you think....

It changed into a Frost Giant! It's a shape shifter obviously.

Course this guy is also weak against fire, but he hits hard, always carries a battle axe, and ice resistance is a must!

But before I had a chance to kill it, it changed again!

Into a Shadow Dragon...crap...

It was actually a glowing shape shifter...

Glowing shape shifters are basically shapeshifters who lost control of their shapeshifting powers and so they change form constantly which make is rather difficult to kill them at times....

And then to top it off.. it changed again...into a quick silver dragon....

She had no choice, in order to survive, she drank a potion of haste and ran for the stairs...

I didn't get a picture, but quick silver dragons are fast and vicious. They can also breath orbs of energy at you. Meaning you can't protect yourself well against their attack, and due to their fast speed that can catch up to you easily. Very dangerous...

Thankfully Patchy was up stairs before the dragon got to her so all was well....

But she wasn't, it was filled with ogers (including a mage type)

Patchy had to depend on one thing for her to survive....Scroll of teleportation...

And after two attempts she managed to escape to a safe part of the dungeon and took her belongs back to the 14th floor where the hive was....

She then returned back down to floor 23 to go up the path they lead to the unknown areas of floor 22 and 21.

She took out the shapeshifter that gave her trouble..and then went up and took out the band of ogers along with their centaurs buddies...

She also found a jade ring there...what could it be? Pattchy ID'd it...

Eh...this ring is mainly only good for melee combat.... Not all that useful for Patchouli.... Dumping...

ON her way through the rest of the area she picked up two exceptionally rare potions... A potion of dexterity and a potion of Intelligence.

I wonder what we should do.... should we actually drink these now or use the cure mutation potions to get rid of Patchy's deterioration and Veggie appetite and then redrink these.

Might as well bring this up, but Patch went through some serious dropping... Str dropped by 3 for a while before it recovered. Same went for int and dex too I think. Deterioration mutations can be a pain....

Suddenly, TENTACLE MONSTER ATTACK!

Does this mean we're about to see a nasty H sense in progress? I'll explain a little bit..

Tentacle Monstrosities are pretty much your classic tentacle out to pretty much hunt you down and well you get the picture.... Let's be thankful Patchy's not a school girl. :P Still though, they can attack you a number of times when they get close to you.

So Patchy had to keep distance and blast the thing with Mystic Blast. Why? They're actually partially immune to fire, ice, and electricity and are resistant to poison.

After explore the rest of the unknown areas, Patch was over stocked on her supplies again so she had to run back up once more to the hive to put away some of the items she got down there...which where her run comes to an end after 5400 turns.

Because of the size of the crawl relay folder we have to now upload it to MediaFire, Rapidshare or other places like it....
Crawl Relay Folder

This folder contains both 0.4.5 and 0.5 files. Make sure you take files that fits the version they go to and put them back in thier folder after the run.

And finally sign me up again!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:43:32 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »
I really recommend NOT doing a third character just yet.  It's not because it's on version 0.5 or that we don't have working sprites yet, but that we've already got two characters going and this third is just going to make this take longer.  Next time we can do an assassin character, but for now, there's just too many unless more people sign up to play.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »
cancel my run.
partly due to what Ramus said and my pending projects again

Totaku

« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2009, 01:39:03 AM »
I meant to update this yesterday, but I got tired so here's my post from my run...

When we last left of Patchy she was up on floor 14 where the hive was located. She went back once more to drop off her sword of electricution since she now had a double sword with the same effect (and more powerful to boot) before returning to floor 23....

When she finally got down there, she had to battle yaktards (as usual) along with other creatures. But eventurally she came acorss another unknown monster....

The fire giant

Fire Giants are alot like the Ice Giants. Strong, tough, and case deadly spells from the distance. THey mainly chuck fireballs in your face and weild a flaming great sword. But like the ice Giant, it has a weakness.... Ice (duh)

A few bolts of ice and the giant falls easily.

Patchy then cam across an amulet, she tried it on and ID it....

Well at this point of the game, this amulet may not be exactly worth it. I mean with haste, she can counter the effects of being slowed down and all, still nice to find it...

Then suddenly a gang of orcs of all differnt types and variaties. Patch had to battle almost every orc tyoe except the warlord. Not that it wasn't hard but still difficult. Esepcially since orc high priest specilize in smiting and demon summoning...

Other than that, floor 23 was cleared... But when Patchy entered the next floor...

Another Bazzar?! On the next floor? Wow talk about fortunte! This could mean another good opprotunity for Patchouli to get some excellent goods! She takes off to hunt for the portal.... At the same time Patch was looking for her swords that got misplaces after traveling down to this floor... She found 2 out of the 3 she enchanted and the other didn't come when it was recalled...what happened to it...

Curse these orcs popping up all over the place! Can't they leave our little magician alone?
Oh look, Mima left a gift! I wonder what kind of book Patchy has to use now?

Just what patchy's been looking for! A book of summoning, this should be good for her to use once she switches out her spammalls for canines, but she'll have to wait...

At last Patchouli found the portal to the second bazzar! Let's go in!

Not bad of a place...I wonder what kind of shops they have here?

A general and antique weapons shop....

A wand shop...and...

A weapon shop... I wander what could be in them?

...sigh... general shop was boring... I already had a robe of resistance, what good could a second do?

Bought the potions, scroll and bread however...

Weapon shop didn't have many things that looked promising either. ONly the Falchion caught Patchy's eye. So she bought it...

But....this was when I realized Patchouli forgot to do something.... she forgot to drop her books before entering so the shop keeper left the weapon outside.

Oh no! what will she do??!

Drop a bunch of stones she had ( I mean what good are they now since Patch can burn everything with ease and all...)

Somehow Patch became overloaded so she deicded to ID her sword to see if it was worth it.

+4 +0 Scamitar of Flames...

Ok at least this can be good hydra extermination equipment.

Needless to say, that scroll brought her back up to encumbled status

The other shops?

Weapon shops were junk....nuff said

Again... junk! If there was a wand of healing or teeportation I'd say otherwise...

So overall thankfull Patchouli didn't have to buy much of anything here so she didn't get crushed by her supplies...

Just as she left the Bazzar...

Hello Mr. Lich, what are you doing around here. Patch burned the lich before it had a chance to counter with any magic.

Remember what happened to the sword that went missing?
Turned out some orc sorcerer got his hands on it.

Patch froze the ugly booger, dropped her flaming scmitar and got her holy wrath sword back.

And proceeded back up to the hive where she dropped off some of her weapons and goods to lighten her load.

This was when Patchy was beinging to feel really exhausted.... her brain power was lowering drasticly, her str faded and her dex was suffering...the deteriation effects were overpowering....

She had to do something....

So out of her own decision she took the potion of cure mutation and went back to floor 9 where the lair was at...

She consumes her cure mutation potion...

At least now Patch can feel a little more healthy, and can eat a well balanced diet. But her brain power faded....

This was when Parchouli took a gamble. She took the potions of mutation and consumed 2 of them!

This was actually quite a good mutation despite the one bad outcome... and the second one?

Got her dex right back up...and now she insulated from eletrcitiy!!!! (YES!)

She consumed her int and dex potion and as an end result...

Now this is what I'm talking about! Patch is now truly prepared! Big int mutation boost and insulation! She should be able to stand up to most things!

She returned down to the 24th floor.

Not much really happened there... she found a ring of see invisible. Good if she's not using her sword, but took it for a just in case emergency...

The gate way to the abyss! This is the home of an endless demonic region call the abyss home of demons, abominations, and other strange things along the god of the abyss himself, Lugonu. Patch has been fortunate not to be banished there. But one thing to know when entering is...be prepared.... cause once you enter the abyss....it's hard to get out unless you can find a gateway....

She also found the gates to Pandemonium! An even more demoinc place full of high class demons and demon overlords that will love ripping you to shreds! Far more dangerous even for the seasoned adventuer. And to top it off there's is only two ways to escape...

Find a gateway (which is extremly rare) or...get banished to the abyss via distortion weapon (which we have yet to find....)

Needless to say it's not PAtchy's time to venture into these demonic regions of hell yet...

25th Floor! Only 3 to go! And to top it all off after taking out that stone giant skeleton! Patch's  Spellcasting is at level 24! (Only 3 more to go!)

The book up there turned out to be junk though... Cantrip... you know how useful that is...pass...

Other than that, it seemed to be a good spot for Yaktards and Skeletons definetely. Infact as or right now, Patchy's being chased by Skeletons and yaktards that are coming from the west as she ends her run at 5500 turns.

I'm certain you guys can help her out.

Once again though, as Ramus has stated. I would love it if you guys would join in on the fun. It's hard to do it all yourself and besides...as it's expressed in another certain game.... "LOSING IS FUN!"

So yes, come and join in. Sign up.

As for me, I'm signing up again and will play my run in a day or two. But if someone else signs up I'll let them go first.

Crawl Relay File
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:43:26 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »
Ok time for an update...

As our adventure last left off, Patchy was being chased by some skeltons and yaktard. Patchy would eventually turn a corner and recharge herself to the point she'd be able to combat most of them with her magic. Eventually, she took care of them and pressed onward....

She ended up later confronting a gang of deep trolls followed by a Storm Dragon. Strom Dragons are simalar to most other dragons with two exceptions: They can breath lightning and can more faster than you. Thankfully Patch's mutation granted her the appropriate mutation needed to actually stand up to this monster. So all was good!
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8158/picture3ezv.png
Oh and I forgot to mention... I had PAtchy take the opprotunity to learn Summon Canine Familiar to replace spammals.

What makes this spell useful? Well, results can vary, but on the most part it lets you summon canine buddies to aid you in battle. Ranging from weak jackles, to strong vicious war dogs to swift and quick wolves. There is a small degree of risk to the spell too, but it's worth it in a way... Plus they can last a little longer compared to spammals.

Other than that Patch's summons is lat level 7 now...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2290/picture4kuk.png

She then desended to the 26th floor... didn't seem much was happening at the moment.. but wouldn't last long...

She confronted a specteral warrior... Not much to say about this guy, semi avrage fighting ghost, that can drain you. Nuff said.

A hall of super powered brutes? Nothing hard to PAtchy...

What's this? a small room filled wit interesting items across the surrounding lava? Might be worth collecting....

In the end though, not much but still somewhat worth it. A scroll of recharging, some bread, a book we already had...

And there was this rod Patch tried...

Donno abouy you guys, but do even think this is worth using? I mean patch already has these spells....

Oh and let's be thankful, PAtchy's trap and doors skills are at a decent level...
We would hate it if PAtch stepped on this wouldn't we?

Then suddenly, SURPRISE LICH ATTACK!

And he brought some buddies with him. A Green Death and a Pit Fiend this would spell serious trouble definetly. One hit from the Green Death's Poisonous Bolt and Patchy lost half her health and was poisoned. (ouch)

I don't have much to say about pit feinds since I usually kill them before they do much to me, but I expect they can use the powers of hell like all feinds. Making them rather dangerous enemies...

Either way Patchy had to retreat she was then surrounded by another green death as she turned the corner. Realizing the dire situation she was in, Patch went to her last resort....Teleport!

She wounded up near some stairs safe from the demonic terrors. And while she set up come canine familar a stone giant appeared.

Thankfully the dogs actted as a sheild take the hits from the boulders the giant threw. By the time the giant finished taking out the dogs and chucking his boulders he was horribly weaken and was easy to destory with a bolt of fire and so Patchy decided to rest as she waited to recharge before confronting the lich once more.

Thankfully just after fully recharging she would get her answer as the lich was near by.  She fullly hasted herself and burned the lich to oblivion! Sweet vicotry for Patch. What could be waiting for her on the final floor of the dungeon?

Now that's what I call a welcoming party is any, A stone giant waiting by the stairs Patchy blinked, and there was a storm dragon just near by. Ouch!

Simple solution though, Haste + swift, then repel missle, reteat down a narrow corridor, then Burn EVERYTHING! They didn't last long after that.

In fact Mima granted Patchy a book!

And Also Patchy is now Level 23!

So what kind of book did Mima grant Patchy this time?

Another poison based book.... At this point, a good majority of these spells are useless... Though there's always the spider form...but I just don't know if it's really worth it. Keeping it anyways!

Right here before you is the stair that lead to the ultimate lair....The Realm of Zot, where the orb of zot is....the item Patchouli is seeking... but there's a catch, it's protected by a barrier of some sort, and basicly, in order to even enter the Zot realm, one must carry 3 Runes they've collected on thier jounery in this evil dungeon.

PLus it houses the most dangerous of creatures in there...

So no entry to Patchouli for now.. :P

All Patch could do for now is travel through the rest of the final floor of the dungeon to see what she could find.... Not really that much... a few scrolls, more monster ambuses....yeah, the final floor really didn't have much...

So with that out of the way, where was Patch to go? There was the Vaults, or...the Orcish Mines....

Considering how many orcs she's confronted through the dungeon Patchy decided it was time to repay a visit to the orc mines once more....

Ah the good ol orc mines, always full of fun as you beat the crap out of countless weak orcs that think they can beat you with there numbers...One thing I completely forgot was.... nobody completed the orc mines in PAtchy's game. Why did run when we were doing so good in the first place guys?

Anyways in the end, I spent 5200 turns doing this run. PAtchy is currently in the orc mines, and probably should get a wand of digging back in the lair before going further. Otherwise, the orc mines should be easy picking for anyone.

Anyways, come on guys, join in! Don't leave me hanging!

And I'll sign up again.... And if someone else does, I'll let them go first.

Crawl Relay Folder
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:45:13 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
Oy!  Guess what?  Programming camp is over.  Time to play as Patch.  Yeah, just claiming my turn.

Totaku

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
Ramus! Wait till after I posted my file please. I already did my run last night since it seemed like no one was interested.

Surprisingly there's not much to explain about the run...

Patch started off back in Orc Mines, realizing it wasn't completely explored she took the opprotunity to head back to Hive and Lair to drop off her belongs get a wand of digging to help her out.

Once she got the wand she began her digging exploration..

As expected the orc brigaid welcomed her the only way they knew how. Charging at her. But being weak and frail critter they were nothing...

Patch spent a good amount of time digging through orc corpses in hope that she find a distorition weapon of some kind....no luck.. at most she found a venom type weapons in the orc's possession... And she also confronted a Warg.

Wargs are big butt-ugly dogs that usually used by orcs to protect the mines. They're somewhat quick and can attack several times, they'll slightly less dangerous than a war dog and also...they're immune to poison.

Other than that, they're rather weak. A bolt of fire or two and they're out.

Not much to be said though since the majority of the time Patch became an orc exterminator....

Even when confronted by gangs of powerful orcs...

They didn't stand a chance...

After lots of long work Patch reached the 4th floor of the mines where she found the entry way to the Elven Halls... The homes of the Deep Elves. A rather tough place if you aren't prepared to face against lots of magic.

Also...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?! Seriously, a stone giant in an orc mine? That is extremly rare. Still though he was only a minor threat to patch since he was alone...

Regardless of all the digging and exploring though the best Patch got out of the mines was... money...

No good weapons, not special items.... just money.

So it's time to set foot in the Elven Halls.

Seemed awfully quite, I expected more out of this place....

Guess she does didn't walk in far enough. :P  As usually the place is gaurded by swarms of Elven foke ready to fling magic into Patch's face. Again however, the deep elf are rather frail and brake like toothpicks. So they were taken out easily...

Patch began to dig through elven belonging to see if there was anything she could use... There wasn't much in the beginning but evtually she found some stuff overtime...

There was a book here too was it useful? Actually no, it was a book she already had....so she left it.

Second floor, Patch continues her hunt. Again, the elves posed little threat, except for the conjourer who sticky flamed her. She had to wear her Sigurin amulet to protect herself from the effect (even if it risk mutation, which luckly didn't)

However lucky came across as she found some interestined elven equipment... vampieric Long Sword, Short swords of flaiming, Leather armor of fire resitance (mostly +2), venom swords and Draining Swords....still no Distortion! ....

Now here's a new face. Meet the Deep Elf Presit, think of them as a fusion between an orc pirest and an elven warrior. That right, magic darts, fire, ice and smiting. Nothing special though, they're weak as toothpicks too...

What are you guys doing here?

Apperently some poor orcs lost thier way from the mines and wound up down here. How they get down this far it beyond me.... Either way...nothing special...

Third Floor.... Not much to say, Patch was becoming overloaded with goods but before leaving she found something special...

Another Potion of Dexterity!

My Patch, you've been fortunate to find these. Now her dex boost is +2. Keep it up Patch!

Being overloaded though, she couldn't head up the stairs, but after some careful descision making, she made the choice to drop her scrolls of Identify at the stairs to pick up when she returns. And went back up....this was when she realized something...

SHE MISPLACED HER +2 WIZARD HAT OF RESISTANCE!!

She couldn't have left it too far, it was likely she placed it down in one of the two storage areas. So she returned to the Lair....

Nothing there... she put her digging wand there though...

She went down to the hive...She found it! I don't know how I left it down there, but regardless at least it's safe and sound... She should be able to handle the elven halls better now.

So after taking 5500 turns. (Had to waste 500 to find the wizard hat)

My turn has come to an end....

File removed since we are going with Ramus's file.

And some quick things to know: Elven Halls if you forgot are in the 4th floor of Orc mines. Which is  on the 7th or 8th floor of the dungeon.

And the scrolls of ID are sitting on some stairs going up (on the west side of the map I think) in the elven halls on floor 3.

Enjoy your run!

And sign me up again!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:03:01 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2009, 01:58:14 PM »
Okay, so Patch is on floor 2 of the Orc Mines.  I'm just spamming summon canine familiar to get summonings up so I get some ugly things spam going instead.

Also:  Steping all over (d)orcs.

Patch is a dog lover.

Elven Halls found.  Lets move in.

Forgot how annoying elves were.  Patch had to switch out the canines for the mystic blast instead.

Jackpot!  Another sword to add to Patch's small army.

Fun Fact:
Summon Shadows is a summon spell that can pull out creatures that can drain enemies.  Summon Ugly Things... can pull out hostile creatures all too often.

Err... did I get this mixed up with another spell?  Regardless, elves can still be summoned with swords of draining and such, so don't mock me!

Guess what!  It's a shapeshifter in its normal form!

More hilarity ensues as Patch summons the allied mushroom!

Wand shop on floor 2.  Nothing too good in it.

For some reason, this isn't as touching as Mokou's comments were.  Probably because this guy will go poof in a few turns.  Summon Shadow Creatures is not permanent.

Not needed, dropping.

Oh, hey, Josephine.  I remember this guy.  Meiling Spider wrestled with his skeleton bear (still, bonus points for whoever can make that image).  He's now dead.  ALONG WITH HIS STUPIDLY DURABLE GOLD DRAGON SKELETON.

And I end my turn on top of a book shop.  Note that Patch is only a couple of aum under encumberment.  Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yt5zojnjz3d

EDIT:  Erm...  I'll just post my run and let the next person decide which one to go off of.   <.<;

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
personally for the lulz i think Ramus's run is better

but like, with a dex potion and more weapons, i think his run is more beneficial

Totaku

« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »
Ok just so everyone knows, it's my turn at the moment since I signed up to go after Ramus, but at the same time, I'd like to point out that I want to be fair since Ramus didn't know I took my turn last night.

So I want to ask you all which file should we continue from since both Patchouli files are from the same turn frame?

Mine or Ramus's.

So far I got two votes:

Totaku: 1 vote (Wrathie)
Ramus: 1 vote (Pesco via IRC)

PS. I shall be make the decision by noon tomorrow wether or not someone votes on the file to get the game running so that the game can continue.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:42:49 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2009, 12:41:46 PM »
Time for comparisions...

Totaku's Run:
1.  Got the wizard's hat back (your fault)
2.  Loads of more swords
3.  Potion of dexterity

Ramus' Run:
1.  Deeper in Elven Halls
2.  More training in summoning spells
3.  On top of a book store.  (If neccesary, I can open up the file and tell you all what's in there)

Eh, I still can't decide.

Totaku

« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »
Xan and pancakes told me they voted for yours...so from this point on, we're going to use your file Ramus.

Continuing from where Ramus left off. Patch was on the 5th Floor of the Elven halls.

Considering what all she had there and was still missing her wizard hat I did the one thing I did before... Run back from the Elven Halls to retrive the wizard hat of resistance +2 that was left in the hive....

On my way back up I looked into the bookstore....

Almost everything is worth buying. But I was more concerned about the hat so I decided to worry  about purchasing later...

Along the way whille looking through elf corpses. Patch found this Scmitar...

A speed type weapon can attack twice as fast a regular one. They are sometime good to getting upperhands in some occasions. But that's about it. Regardless Patch took it.

She then left through the elf halls went back to the mines, traveled to the Lair to drop off her weapons, then dropped went to the Hive, got her hat and got her wand of digging why?

Because Ramus didn't explore everything in the orc mines.

So after taking around 1000 turns to complete her run back to the mines with her hat. She went and dug a hole to go through the area of the mine found a hidden area in floor 1, killed some orcs, went to a set of stairs to floor 2 of another hidden. Got some gold. Killed orcs, ect...

Went down to floor 3 and took the stairs next to the stairs leading up Lead to an area that was missed in floor 4! Collected lots of gold and slayed some orcs....

After all that Patch put her want by the stairs of the elven halls and went back down into the elf lair once again...

4 floor...more lost orcs....exterminated

And did I forget to mention I found a few other weapons an armor that were over looked like a sword of venom (not that it's that useful...) and Elven Leather Mail of Fire Resistance?

Finally, returned to the 5th floor.

First few elf mages I took out one has a sword. Patchy equipped it and....

By gosh, this is exactly what Ramus and I were looking for! A weapon of distortion. And it's Elven to boot!

With this Patch can hit enemies, causing them to blink, teleport of even be banished. But it also comes with a terrible price if you dare try to unequip it.

Patch took a gamble...and tried to take off the sword...

--

WELCOME TO THE ABYSS!!

A place that your either going to like or hate. On your tour your bound to meet many other who are lost down here as well as meet some of the local inhabitants, which includes demons of various shapes and sizes and abominations.

Please try not to interact with the inhabitants as they do not treat newcomers with ease.

And there are some rules you must abide by as you enjoy your stay in the abyss....

1. Please remember that the abyss is infinete and will go around in a loop as you travel in a straight line.

2. Blinking magic is restircted in the abyss.

3. Teleportation takes longer that usual, so please be patient

4. At times, when you teleport or in random occasion you may be warped to a new location that is completely different and unreleated to the area you were in. Please be sure you have your belonging with out before your randomly transported to your new location.

5. In order to leave the abyss, please find the gateway with the light.

I hope you enjoy your visit to the abyss...

--

Welcome to one of the more evil locations in the game. Thanks to removing that sword from Patch's hand she is now stuck in abyss world. And there's only one way out....find the gate. Sound easy right?

Not quite. It's like finding a needle in a haystack pretty much. And imagine in the haystack you got a bunch of monsters that are going to chase you around endless trying to kill you.

That's what the abyss is about...

So let's see if I can find this gate and get outta here!

Joy, just what I always wanted... a death Drake...

I hate these things for many reason. First off they can poison you with thier deathly breath...they can also possibly drain you as well....but worse of all...they can make your max HP drop the longer you stay in thier nasty breath.

Easy picking but still Patch lost some health against the thing.

Then she was chases by abominations, teleported, chased by a moltted Draconian Knight that seem to dodge everything Patch threw at it....(CRAP!) Teleport!

Then was shortly trapped by some minor demons and some abominations...

And thus Patch died....

This runs was too much for her. I know I could of done better, but being encumbled in the abyss really does drop your chances...

As for now, I'm telling everyone who decides to play to continue from Ramus' file.

Because:

It has a couple of good shops, especiallly the distiller in the elven halls.
It has a Elven Long sword of distortion on the 5th floor. Just kills some elves and find it. Just don't fall into the same fate as me...

Things everyone needs to do when they play Patch's file:
Go down to floor 14 of dungeon where the hive is located and get the wizard hat of magic resistance back! It's highly recommended.

Get the wand of digging down in the hive and use it on floor 1 of the orc mines. Remember there's a long narrow corridor that goes down and turns left. About 3-5 steps before you reach that corner, use the wand of digging to the right wall. It should lead to a new area that was unexplored as well as discover and enexplored second floor.

3rd floor of Orc mine. Go to the stairs that lead down at the far right. They're next to some stairs that go up. This will take you to the unexplored 4th floor.

And don't forget the Elven Long Sword of Distortion on the 5th floor! Ramus and I will need it for Panda Land!

Other than that, just be ready for anything!

This covers my turn!

Sign me up for the next one!

And also if someone signs up to play a day or two from now, let me know. I'll let you play ahead of me since at the moment I'm the only one who's resigned up. Also please use Ramus's file. I'm removing mine...

Also Ramus, which spell did you remove for Patch to learn her Shadow Creatures?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:05:34 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:45 AM »
If the stuff you found was on an explored floor, it will still be there. If it was all on completely unexplored places, then lost forever. The play would have been to save when you got into abyss, but that kinda sucks for the next person (unless it's Ramus again).

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2009, 11:49:08 AM »
Pesco speaks the truth.  I'm likely not going to find that sword on floor 5 because it hasn't been generated yet. (Wait, we are the fifth floor?  Kickass.)  But I'm going to take my turn anyway.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
Patch forgot how to use slow.  It's pretty pointless at this point in the game.

Whelp, time to entertain you guys again.  It's Patch on floor 5.

That was easy.  Now I must resist the urge to banish myself.  Not that hard actually since Patch isn't in peak condition to fight in the abyss.

Summonings up to level eight.  Dare I try?  Nope, Demonology is still beyond Patch's puny miond.

Oh geez, that triple blade is looking badass, but Patch is already carrying too much weight.  I instead go for the ancient saber which is dirt cheap.

Son of a-

That would have been a kickass saber too.

Useless shop.  One artifact is a ring of fire protection plus some dexterity, the other prevents spellcasting.  Lame...

Got an amulet of controlled flight.  Eh, we'll carry it along.

Eh, time to head back up and back down to the hive.

At the hive, drop some stuff, pick up Patch's hat.  I regretfully drop a few of her swords, but they're weighing her down too much.  I don't have time to waste.  I hold onto the artifact falchions and the short swords.

Forgetting Ocozubu's Armor and Summon Canine Familiar for...

Summon Horrible Things

Badass spell.  Don't attempt to use it without the staff of wizardry.  More importantly, success rate SUCKS.  As in very poor success rate.  HOWEVER:

This means summoning can be easily learned by Patch now.  Come now Abombinations!  We have a dungeon to conquer!  So yeah, don't use it if unless you have a lot of wiggle room.

Also, not going to bother with digging.  I'm busy taking over Elf Land.

Welcome to floor 7 of Elf Halls.  The last time we were here, Meiling was busy digging to get morphing powers up.  We're here instead to get summoning up.

It's the ANNIHILATER.  Boasting stupidly powerful spells as well as a decent weapon (usually anyway, this guy just has a whip).  Patch just blasts him.

Geez, nearly died with 17 HP left.  >_O  Still, over a thousand in the exp pool, all going into summoning.

Oh frick, another one.  Deathmage.  This guy also has painful spells, but he's a combo of summoning and conjuration if I remember right.  Some necromancy too.

A deep elf high priest.  Just a stronger priest.

Bolt of Fire, badass spell.

Elf Demonologist.  100% summoner.

Elf Blademaster.  He can dual wield.  You can't.

Main hall, let's go!  AND RETREAT.  Following this is a load of hit and run tactics.  Gah, MP meters suck, they always run dry.

Pick up the disk of storms (grEy disk).  Useless because Patch isn't too good at being conductive thanks to a mutation.  Dropping.

And dead.  Fun stuff trying to teleport away only to be brutally murdered by two elf sword masters that are faster than you.

No save from me.

Totaku

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »
Alright.... I'm going to tell you what has happened in my story, oddly, there isn't to discuss.... but I'll explain what I can...

Again, took the time to return to the hive, get the hat, return to the take the digging wand, dropped it off along with the sword of slicing. Returned back to the elven halls. Got back to floor 5.

Got the sword of distortion... Bought potions as a cautious step. And when I removed it...

Whew! She only suffered from distortion pains. Far less painful than being sent to the abyss. With that over Patch can now stand up to the take on the rest of the elven forces...

After that Patch checked out the shops. In the jewlerry shop there were two rings Patch found that caught her interest. A ring of Ice protection. And a special ring that gave Patch fire resistance and +3 evasion. I ended up buying both. Patch needs them for later...

While exploring Patch found an amulet of controlled flight.

To explain it simply, when you levitate, you can't go downstairs or pick up items, wearing this let you do that. This can be useful but I don't generally use it all that much... Took it anyways...

Patch was filled with so much stuff in her invetory that she had to use her scroll of charging to recharge on of her wands (the wand of cold cause I had to use it and it ran out of juice.)

Regardless of that Patch did make it down to floor 6.

With her inventory overstocked. Patch had to leave and take another trip to the Lair, drop off her weapons, some of the scrolls she found, rings and amulets and a few potions to lighten the load.

Back to elf land again!

Why Hello There Joshep, whatcha doing here?

Joseph is a mercnenary. And not a very tough one thankfully. He will hit you hard and that's pretty much it. Two bols of fire and he was down....

Oh and also I have to say I hate conjourers cause they keep trying to drain patch... I need to take them seriously with fire.....cause they somehow managed to drain patch back to 22
And she ended up getting promoted back after killing him.

But seriously, this will be a hassle if this keep going on!

While were at it let's also point out Patch ran into a couple of unfortunate encounters with Zot traps.

First getting blasted by Sharpnels on the 6th floor...

And then when she reached the 7th floor.

It wasn't long before she hit another one. This time poisoning her badly. She was forced to drink a healing potion to remove the effects...

Most of the elves in the area are weak as toothpicks as usual though so not much happened. But this is the final floor, so don't expect all elves to treat you easily some are more dangerous than others....

Along the way Patch found a ring that looked unique. Could it be useful?

She had to ID it and....

Not bad, a ring that gives you poison resistance, invoke levitation, and a small intellegence boost at least I can replace the ring of poison resistance with this.

Also forgot to mention I found an elven vampric short sword and an elven long sword of flaming, let them in a large room located near some stairs if we decide to collect them.

In the mean time though...after nearly 5500 turns. My turn with patch has come to an end.... down to the south of here should be the great elven vault where the worse of all elves are located. Be prepared as they come heavly armed with high ranks spells and weapons. But at the same time... the rewards are usually great if you survive...

Are you a bad enough anemic magician to take on a legion of high rank elves?

Besides that though let's note. that once we survive this place. The first thing we should probably do is loot the treasure. Even if it takes several trips.

Then after that we should pick up whatever weapons and stuff we can take back as well.

Then we should take our chances and return to the vaults and conqure the final area. Then since we have an item to resisit corrosion, go the the slime pits. Then it's hell, abyss, Tombs (once we perfect the art of demonlogy) and whatever else we can do before we go grab the orb.

As for now, I'm signing back up once more.

But I will be busy because I have to prepare for an interview for tomorrow. So I will let anyone else go before me if they have time until tomorrow night...say roughly 25-30 hours from the time of this post. I'll play from where ever we leave off.

Here's the file...
Crawl Relay Folder

Enjoy!

Final note: Ramus, if your really want those abomination back I won't stop you but I preffer we don't toss out Ocozubu's armor either. Maybe if you hold off just a little bit Patch should get enough spellcasting experience to learn it.

But it's your call...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:10:10 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »
Actually, it's yours or someone else's, cause I won't be around for the next two days or so.  Final stretch to home base.

Totaku

« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2009, 05:30:31 AM »
ok, but I said I'd take my turn after I comeback from my interview. Which I've already done, so let me share with you what happened with Patchouli....

In today's adventure with Patchouli. Patch attempts to complete the rest of the Elven Halls!

Right as Patch entered the hall she confronted an Elf High Preist. A super powered version of the presit. Can smite, call undead, and maybe summon some demons. Otherwise is considered the weakest of high rank elves.

After killing the high preist, Patch tried to move forward but then confronted more high rank elves. Like the Demonlogist (bottom left) and Annialator (bottom right).

Demonologist like Ramus said are summoners, but they tend to summon high rank demons. Even feinds at times. And it can get pretty dangerous.

And Elven Annihaltor mainly uses high level spells like crystal spear, Fire Blast, Ice Blast, Poison Bolt, and Mystic Blast. They can be very dangerous if they take the time to cast thier magic on you...

During the battle with the annihaltor and the demonlogist, Patch had to deal with the demologist summoning a Pit Feind. Which I consider to be on of the hardest of feinds to fight, mainly due to thier partial immunity to fire, ice, wind and poison. Making them hard to kill. They don't generally cast spells other than the one that drains the half of your health, but still it's a pain...

After taking care of the two pesky elves though Mima delivered Patchouli another book!

What kind of book was it?

A book of survailence

Not all that hot of a book at this point....especially since were nearly done exploring all the basic floor, but then again, it may have a use for the magic mapping. Still, she'll have to leave it for now...

Pretty much Patch couldn't make much ground entering the place. Elves were coming out quickly some especially equipped with unique weapons.

Patch also confronted a Elven Death Mage. Like Ramus said, he's a necromancer elf, who can raise the dead, use draining attacks and so forth... Still can be a toughy if left alone...

Even as Elves kept coming from the wood work... Patched managed to find a rather awesome Robe from one of the elves she killed.

The robe of the Archmage. A rather awesome robe. It can give your magician a big magic boost to thier magic when they wear it. But as it states. "It's best worn by mages who have little left to learn....

Why? Because everything you kill when you wear this robe you only gain 1/4 the experience that you'd get normally. So this should only be saved when Patch is ready to go for the orb and finish the game. If we choose to wear it....

Luckly during the battle with the elves Patch's summoning reached Level 9!

Can she read demonlogy yet?....sadly...no. ;_;

Eventually Patch had to fight through Elven Scorcerers. Which are also high rank mages who cast some dangerous spells. Simalar to the Annihaltor, but not quite as hard and uses mainly fire magic.

And even Elven Blade Master. And like Ramus stated, they are basiclly twin bladed elves with swift on them. They move very fast and can hit hard since they use two weapons. And are the toughest of all the Elves...

Still not making much progress into the room. An Elven Archer Master eventually appeared...

These elves are skill marksmen and thier arrows can hit quite hard! They're willing to use thier arrows in point blank range compared to other elves. Which is why they shouldn't be treated lightly... However they're not that tough either. Two blasts and they're down.

Within a short preiod of time... the room eventually cleared out... After what seemed like an eternal battle against the elven forces. Patch appeared to have eleminated every single elf from the room...

She went to the vault and....

Looks at all the cool stuff here. Apperently the elves used some of the weapons here. They weren't very useful weapons though, axes and stuff like that... Our Patch uses Swords. :P

Regardless though there was still good stuff....

While I forgot to take photos. I'll explain some of the things here....

Most of the books were books Patch already owned... except for one..

The Books of Sparatical Translocation!

This book is an awesome book especially if your good with translocation! You can learn to teleport self and Control Teleport! I think Patch should learn to teleport self for her sake it'll be very useful in the later parts.

The staffs were staff of power. Nothing all that great...
The other staff was the staff of summon. Only good for boosting the effects of summoning. This is debatable, but I left it there.

The potion was a potion of strong poison. Thank goodness she was wearing her poison resistance ring. :P

The Glove were +2 Gloves of Pantheism. And they were awesome!

Why?

+3 Str, Let's her teleport, Lets her sense her surroundings, and makes her more stealthy!!

Awesome in every way! Now Patch can use teleport and magic mapping. She just needs to learn control teleport now and we can forget the book of survailence now.

A Helmet of Intellegence! This is Patchy's new head gear now! Gives her +3 int.

The Ring turned out to be the ring of Shaolin. Meaning +8 Evade for Patch!

There were even spellcasting manuals and and an Air manual. Patch tried to learn from them....but they crumbled away... ;_;

Finally Patch also got an amulet of Otzus...What does it do?

It's like a amulet of resist slowing. Prevent slow, boost the length of haste. And gives +3 AC! Now bad. Keeping!

The amount of trips Patch had to take to gather these goods?

3 trips.

Frist two was to get most of the things in the vaults.

The last one Patch gather the few last small goods there. Bought all the potions in the potion shop almost (except degeneration).

And then went to the weapon shop got a saber of poison and the Triple Sword of Flaming.

She left the saber behind since poison not going to be all that good. The triple sword on the other hand has it's uses.... Though Patch has to unequip her buckler just to equip the darn thing!

Yeah this run was full of lots of tureasure looting, but they were all awesome finds. ^^

On a final note...while battling the high rank elves. Patch suffered from radiation from over abuse from magic.

Yeah...using your magic way too much (especially spells like haste and teleport) can make you start to glow...as a result... Patch body began to deteriorate...again....

This is obviously not good....
So what did patch do?

The potions of mutation she bought at the store, she took back to the lair. She drank one...

She gain +1 Str, her body further deteriated and she became magic resistant!

But with the deteriation this can be a serious problem...what to do?

Drinks the cure muation potion. She lost several of her good stats but got rid of her deterations....

As a result. Patch now has the following mutations:
+1 Str
+1 Int
Still resistant to electricity
And finally can resist magic.

So in a way this is still good. Patch is on a roll!

So now Patchy's turns at floor 9 as she heads off to her next destination...

Next time, we tackle the Vaults! Or the slime pits...or both!

Stay tune next time.

As for now here's the file Ramus.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0z0dylkdhdw

Also sign me up again!

Also I forgot to drop off some of the potions of healing. Put them in the hive when you get the chance.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:21:46 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:27 AM »
Manuals of stuff are best read when you have a big pool of experience (like after killing a panda lord cuz those guys will give you max xp). You would have a decent amount of xp but probably not that much to fully utilise the manuals. Now you know for next time.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
Joy, it's my go at Crawl again.  A little update:

Spellcasting is 2 level from max, which means Patch is all around awesome at magic.  Summoning is at level 9... out of 27.  Granted, we don't need it at level 27, but we can do better.  Conjurations, by far Patch's best spell category is at 22.  She can destroy most things on a whim.  She can also kill it with fire quite effectively which means when we get around to the hells, it's going to be (WHY?!  WHHHHYYYYY?!) the cold branch.

Level 23 (out of 27)
HP: 89
MP: 48

Str: 12
Int: 38 (I took off the one ring in favor of sustence)
Dex:  14

AC:  16
EV: 18
SH:  5

So here's the catch, Patch can destroy just about anything, however, the recoil hurts as her defenses suck.  Yeah, that covers Patch pretty well at this point, glass cannon.  We also need boots and a cloak made of less lame and more awesome.  ON TO THE VAULTS!

Down that stairway is going to be a battle that I'm not even sure I can win, or survive.  Cue battle music.

Yes, I was being very serious about that survival part.

All three of Patch's sword are knocked down immediately.  Zombies are destroyed immediately.  The two vault guard summons are immediately killed.  So what to do?   I run up and down the stairs.

That zombie had to go.

Freaking mob won't scratch them.  The only reason you summon monsters at this point is to distract the guards while you hit them with mystic blast.

Downside to super charging Patch's speed, she begins to glow and has a possibility of mutation.  Guess what happened?  Vision is getting bad.  But hey, that's in character, right?  Regardless, reading scrolls and memorizing spells has a chance of failure now, but it's minor.

Son of a-

It happened again, except with high metabolism.  ;_;

FUCK!

Patch later dies because of giant rock being firmly implanted into her skull.  Twice.  Nice to know eyeballs generate on the bottom floor of the Vaults.  Have fun Totaku, floor 8 is hard.

Totaku

« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2009, 07:20:13 AM »
Ouch that was unfortunate there Ramus.

But I do have good news for you.... I have a huge story to tell! ^^

As we began this tale. Patchouli had just finished the elven halls. She had decided that it was time to return to the final floor of the Vault to take her attempt to obtain the Silver Rune of Zot...

She stopped by the hive to drop off some potions she gained and then traveled to the Vaults. When she arrived to the 7th floor she reached the stairs went down...

It was heavily guarded! Vault Guards all over the place and it was only a matter of time before they spotted her. She made haste and went up and then hasted her self, became swift, and added Obuzucu's Armor.

Like Ramus I used this statagy to lure them to the stair take some up with me. Blink away from them. And then start burning them away. It was a slow and tedious process. And every so often when haste ran out, Patch had to just use swiftness alone to avoid causing a mess with her magic.

But seriously, these guards are crazy! All ganging up on poor Patch...

Eventually Patchy began to practice summoning as she prepared to fight more guards and...

Level 10 Summoning!

Can she read the book of demonlogy?

YES SHE CAN!

Patch now has the understanding of demonlogy and can now summon forth demons!

It has a bunch of cool spells too...

Abjouration let's you send a hostile summoned creature back where it once came from.

Call imp let's you summon an imp to aid you in battle and they come in 3 flavors. Normal, Ice and Shadow.

Summon a Demon let's you call a demon to come aid you in battle. If you used Malkehb before, it's very simalar to that skill call forth minor demons. So yeah you get a demon buddy to aid you here.

Demonic Horde let's you summon a swarm of low rank demons. Ranging from the terribly weak ijueblyx (such a hard name to spell) to imps. It's basiclly spammals in demon format. And thankfully demons stronger.

Summon Greater demons allows you to call forth a high rank demon to aid you in battle (like Green Death, Executioners, Blarug, and Blue Death)...but....

Patch decided to try learning summon major demons first. She had no problem learning it.

Her success rate was great, but I'll cover more on the spell later....

During some guard battling Patch heard Mima's voice. She dropped another book! What was it?

Come my shadow minions! Act as my shield!

Oddly, the summoned orcs and oger were enough to keep the lich at bay for a while while Patch charged up. And to top it off. They nearly finsihed him off. But as you can see he didn't go down without a fight. Killed some of my minions and rasied every dead vault guard in the area....

Regardless though, Patch eleminated the lich. Gain a big load of experience. Took out the undead and finally was at the point where she could actually begin to set off inside the last floor....

But as she was resting....

Crap....too much haste abuse!
Patch was glowing for a while as she rested. But what was fortunate was....she never suffered from any mutations what so ever!

Now as for summoning a greater demon. Sure these demons are cool. They can really help you out of a nasty pinch as they act like your personal bouncer.

However....

Thier bind to your summoning power can only last so long....

After a short while they will turn against you and begin to attack you! This can turn very terrible if your low on magic when doing this.....

So use extreme caution when summoning greater demons...

In fact I don't think it's a smart move for her to even be using that spell. Even at excellent they'll still bite back!

So instead Patch forgot summoning greater demons and learned demonic horde.

Like I said, demonic horde is spammals in demon format. Good fun crowd control! They can even keep iron trolls at bay for a while.

Oink Oink! What's a hog doing here? Well to be honest. It wasn't really a hog, but a shape shifter still though pigs are well simple creatures about as good as sheep. :P

While exploring one of the earlier vaults, Patch found a staff...It was a staff of channeling.

Patch also found a staff of conjouration. This staff boost the damage done by conjouration spells.
Patch left it with the other staff...

Donno what to say. I decided to put it down with some later good I obtained.

This area was crawling with shape shifters. But most of them chose weak forms making them easy pickings for Patch. Still though Patch also found a pair of glowing gloves and they were...

Gloves of Stregnth. Good gloves, but build your str by 3. It depend though so personally I kept them. They may have a purpose after all...

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LICHES?!

LEAVE PATCHY ALONE!!!!

Seriously, Patch has battle now 4 liches to date and 2 acient liches.

After exploring the entire outer rim of the vault floor and the first inner vault. Patch went into the second one. Many creature stood in her way especially the Shadow Dragon. However, upon killing it...

She was promoted to level 24!

Again more int. Now her intellegence is 41!

3 more levels before she's maxed!

And now we reached some serious tureasure. Which was guarded by a stone giant.

What was Patch to do? The same thing she always does. :P

Burniate!

There were lots of good scrolls and items there
But what was under the stone giant's corpse?

THE SILVER RUNE OF ZOT!!!

Patch has techically completed the vaults now! And how obtained 3 runes. Which is enough to go into the Zot Realm, but should she really go? Not yet for she is not prepared and there is alot more to do....

So she continued to explore further....

3rd vault area: The Hentai Chamber. That's about the best way I can describe this area. Lots of beast, but there seemed to be alot of Tentacle monsters to boot. Making it hard for Patch to handle.

Patch had to fight, retreat and use Mima's power to recharge. Just in order to survive.

In one chamber...another Tentacle Monster and a whole bunch a tureasure. But to top it all off this happened...

She has done it. Patchouli has finally mastered Spellcasting 100%! This means now she will no longer need to gain experience in that feild and can now use magic to the fullest potential possible. It's now time for Patch to look into training other things....

So what could patch do here with all these goodies?

Well out of everythign here...she mainly gather the food, gold, scrolls and most potions except for speed and resitance.

Also the unknown scroll I ID'd and it was the scroll of the holy word.

Her invetory is getting pretty full, she's going to probably have to leave and return back here to gather everything.

Regardless she was going to at least open the other chambers first...

The second chamber didn't have as much. But there was an amulet there, could it be any good?

It was an amulet of RAAAAGGGEE!!!!

Yeah... basiclly turns you into a beserk killing machine. But seriously...could you imagine patch being a killing machine full of RAAAGGGGEEEE?

Well I sure can't....pass!

Now what's an orc doing with a triple sword in his hands?

Well Patch took out the dumb block and checked out the sword.

It was a triple sword of Draining!!

This day just keeps getting awesome!

Patch was over stocked, so she took the triple sword up the stairs and left them on the 7th floor by all the equipment from the deceased vault guards.

3rd Chamber: The empty, but sweet room. While there were weapons patch didn't use. There were a few books there. An Elven sword and a distillery!

Patchy checked out everything there...

One book was a manual on long blades...

Saving it for later....

The other was a book of Earth

So Patch hasn't focused much in the feild, but do you think we should learn dig? Up to you on that one. ^^;

The Elven Long sword was an Elven Long Sword of Freezing! A keeper definetly. We just need more room in our invetory.

And the distillery shop?

Was full of awesome. Heal wounds, potion of healing, cure mutations. She bought all those easily.

She was beginning to feel emcumbled...

An actual Quick Silver Dragon. Quick, fast, agile. Yeah Patch needed to haste to fight it otherwise she'd fall to it...

Chamber 4: The money room. Nuff said. And the Great Sword had draining.

So....after 5500 turns. My run with Patch has come to an end. Sorry about that but I wanted to get through the 3rd vault area on the final floor. There's still one more. (The open ended vault on the bottom left)

Now let's review where Patch's skills currently stand....

And now I ask you all where should we go from here? My idea was to reopen Conjouration, Ice and Fire. and work on those. But you all can give me your thoughts on that.

Also should we just replace demonic hodes with summoning horrible things?

As for now, my turn is done.

As for the next person who takes on the task, wether it's me or someone else. I like to reminds you.

Your likely going to be spending the turn dropping off everything that has been discovered in the vaults down here. There is just too many things for Patch to pass on from this floor. Also be sure to drop off the rune at the Lair, I've been putting all the runes there.

Also don't forget the triple sword of draining on the 7th floor.

Also don't forget there is still one area of the vaults left. So there's bound to be more monsters lurking about....

And finally if you manage to finish the turn delivering everything It's best to get prepared for the slime pits. Get the amulet of resisting corrosion from the lair or hive(make sure to equip it). Get back to the Lair, get a wand of digging from there. And then travel down to the deep parts of the Lair where the slime pits are located.

And here's the file if you decide to take a turn.

Otherwise I'll play again in a few days.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mmjwgzmnrm
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:24:11 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2009, 09:17:13 AM »
Just take a turn specifically for clearing up your inventory and stashes. Post up a shot of Patchy's stats screen too pls.

Totaku

« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Ok, after talking with everyone I've decided to perfrom clean up duty for everything I gathered in Patchy's run.

So let's begin shall we?

With one more vault area to clear, Patch ventured into the vault.

But before she did, she decided to read the long sword manual.

Seriously, Patch mains with long swords so this will be useful.

That Vault was anything but easy going... Plenty of stone giants, Yaktard Captains and even a Iron Dragon among them!

Iron Dragons are rather tough dragons. Thier bodies are made of solid iron. They can resist fire, ice, electicity and poison to some extent. And they can breath out sharpnels into your face!

The only good part about this guy is that he's slow. Which means Patch already has the advantage!

And Patch also managed to summon a glowing shapeshifter. Which you all know what it can do. It just changes more often.

Also Patch found a book in the vault that caught her eye was it any good?

Well you might say it can be.

A book of divination uses spells that center around divination. The first four you should already know. Identify doesn't exactly as it say. It ID's unknown items.  And Forscry, let's you somehow get a glimps into the future and being able to perdict to movement of your enemies. Thus if gives you an Evasion boost!

Pretty cool stuff. But is it really worth it? At this time, it's improtant to reflect back that as of this point. Patchy's magic is soon going to reach it's limit. So alot of things will have to be decided as we proceed on the last few dungeons.

Also I got rid of demonic Horde and got summon horrible things. Despite the small int draining risk. It's actually worth it. We just need to practice on her summoning some. :P

Ah here's the tureasure. But also here are the Tentacle monster's again....This might as well be called the hentai vaults....

Overall it looks like there were several cool things here.

First off there was an amulet of conservation. Which well protects your items from being damaged. We already have another one just like it. But it comes with some effects. (+4 Str, -1 int, Stealthy, protection from fire, Radiation) I forgot the exact features but I know radiation was one of them. Taking this though since we'll likely be using it later.

Patch also tried on a Pitted Buckler...

And it was actually awesome! Protection from ice and electricity! Worth it!

Then I found this unknown ring. I ID'd it and...

I don't think it's exactly worth it. Sure it has it's benifits, but I already have enough radiation issues....

Oh and I found an Efreet (mokou) in a bottle. Turned out to be a friendly one for once...

Sad part was he didn't last long... After an army of Stone Giants came the efreet died... ;_;

This brings us to the next bit. Patch was getting cornered by Stonr Giants and Yaktards And while casting repel missles, Mima dropped off another gift!

Patch grabbed the book and looked at it...

Now this could be useful!
A book of fire teaches you high rank fire spells like Delay Fireball which if you already know Fireball only cost you one level of experience to learn. And when you use it, it creates a fireball that you can launch at a later time. (by using a and then selecting the letter that corrisponds with it.) Useful when preparing to launch an attack. But it does cost quite a bit so take caution.

But because the stone giants came in massive numbers, Patch had to resort to charging up her magic and then using haste to escape.... and once again...she payed the price....

More radiation...

As a result... Patch became weaker.... her str is back to normal. And now she has the urge to "mukyu". This can sadly gives away your point if your trying to hide. But thankfully it doesn't happen all that often. So all is well.

From that point she recharged took out the giants. And then she began to do what she needed to do...take all the good items back with her. She took most of the potions she could carry, the wands she found, the glove, the swrod of freezing, the triple sword of draining, and so forth...

The number of trips Patchy needed to complete everything?

3 trips. And then to take the rune back to the room with the other runes. Get the amulet of resist corrosion, and a wand a digging and the mapping scrolls. Overall. Patchy spent 4500 turns just doing all of this. So yeah, her entire turn was almost all about collecting the items....

After properly preparing herself. Patch venture down to the 8th floor where the Slime pits were located.

And now she enters into the slimy region...

Right from the get-go she was welcomed by an Acid Blob!

Acid Blob are probably the worst common enemy of the slime pits. They appear alot and are quite fast. And to top it all off, they can spit acid from afar! They're basiclly Oklob Plants with legs. And if your directly hit with the acid...it will hurt. To take caution with these things! As a recommendation I usually will swift myself before fighting them. Just so Patch can match thier speed. And then follow up with lots and lots of bolts of fire. 2-3 should work on one.

After killing the blob though, Patch's run comes to an end.

Now before I hand off the file I do want to point out some things.

First off under Pesco's request: The Stats:

Even though she's currently has max ice protection, Patch can switch things around to give her alternet benifits.

By switching to her other Randart Falchion, she can get a fire bonus and with the special fire protection ring, she can max it out.

And by putting on an amulet of warding and life protection ring. She can max out her resistance to draining. So practically she's prepared to actually venture down into the bowles of hell if she wanted to.

But let's hold off on that till later...

Things Patch needs... Better shoes and cloak. She really needs something like that, cause I'm trying to avoid using the armor enchantment scrolls until I get some worthwhile boots and cloak for her.

Mutations:

Like I said, Patch is still fairing well. Other than the Mukyu bit, she doesn't seem to do it all that much. (So far she's only done it twice in my play.) So I say it's not anything to worry about...

Skills:

I've decided to open conjouration, Fire and Ice once more. Patch needs to train in these feilds and get better with her magic. This of course also applies to her summoning. But that's a choice we all have to decide on carefully...

Also Conjouration is almost level 24. Might as well get it maxed out as well.

Final Thoughts:

Depending on what goes on here. This area could either turn out to be very easy or a big problem. We have a few randarts, but we now have to depend on resist corrosions to protect the items that aren't.

So whatever you do. During the exploration of the slime pits... DO NOT REMOVE THE AMULET OF CORROSION!

It's the only way to prevent our equipment from being ruined....

Also because of a sever lack of resist mutation we will have to tread carfully against Shining eyes which have the tendency to mutate you. Though the're mutations can very in results. So who knows.

Also note that not many thing drop food here. You can probably eat giant eyeballs and giant ameboa (with poison resistance). But other than that. If it turns out your running out of food, don't be afraid to retreat. It's imprortant to know that there is plenty of food around and it's best to take caution especially since some jellies can act like oklob plants here.

So yeah I can't stress enough...tread carefully!

As for now my turns is over. And I'm handing the file to whoever want's to play.

And I'm signing up again. But I'll wait till a day or two depending on how I feel(or until someone else plays).

Also anyone else out there....sign up too. It'll be more fun that way!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zgnmzmkmmy0

Enjoy!
Now I Twitter