Author Topic: Crawl Relay Run - Over  (Read 107748 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 26, MoTK : 0 - yeah, i guess we did
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2009, 02:25:40 AM »
Well....this was better but I feel it would be nice if someone else jumped in to play other than me.

We started off back on the second floor of the swamp... Patchouli returned up to the first floor to explore and sticky flamed all she could see.

It made her trip so much easier.... However the area of the swamp was mainly 60-70% water and nothing else....

She then proceed down to floor 3..

Pretty much Patchouli confronted the terror that threatened her before hand...the swamp worm

Natorious for lurking in the waters and snaging you when you least expect it. These worms can wreck a traveler easily if they aren't paying attention to water in the water.

Patchouli had decided to sticky flame the worms and most of them died as they dove in the waer to avoid further damage...

She then came across a smoking Trident , she decided to put it on and it turned out to be...

CURSED!!!

Patchouli removed the curse and decided to examine to see if it was worth since it had promising benifits. however....

It was a -2 -1 Trident of Eternal Torment. Not worth the time...

Then I ran into this guy...Meet Jozef, a bounty hunter, with plenty of nets and too much time on his hands..

Just then Jozef netted Patchouli....does that mean he had the upperhand? Nope! Because Patchouli just blasted him with magic till he was no more while stuck under the net. That idiot had no chance...

Patchouli decided to take the nets and pressed forward...

PAtchouli then met and was surprise attacked by Elrica!

Blasting her with a orb of energy....

Patchouli had to come up with a quick way take her out and so she blasted her with cold and before we knew it she was finished....

Patchouli then pressed on to the 5th floor of the swamp....the deepest parts of the swamp.

Along the way she found a cloak, it was a +1 cloak, nothing special, but better than the clock she was wearing so she replace her old cloak with the new one.

It was then things went down hill.

The place was swarming with wisps and Slime creatures. The wisps are the main pain due to strong immunty to most form of elements. But the slime creature what finshed off Patchouli as she was downright exhusted and unable to use her magic....

And in the end she was struck hard by one of them....

So sorry...I'll do better next time...

But for now I'd like to remind everyone...
It would be nice to have more players than me for the relay so come and join!

As for now sign me up again, but I'm going to wait a bit because I would like it if someone else played first... but if nothing happen in the next few day then well I guess I'll go again...
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »
Sign me back up.  If possible, I'll start the run tomorrow.  (Also, hi, I'm back, something about a troll attack apparently while I was gone?)  Lastly, Version 5.0 is not compatible with anything before it so, we continue this run as normal.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:54 AM »
Oh hey. That was quick.

Totaku

Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 27, MoTK : 0 - just as slimed
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »
Ok I know Wrathie went before me, but he said he's not posting his run since it was...not so good. :P

In the mean time it's my turn to tell the story and as it turned out.... 3rd time's the charm!

I chose not to cover much on the first four floors since they were almost the same but there were a small exceptions....

Most of Patchouli's adventure was the same old same old from floor 1-3 of the swamp taking out hydras, and swamp dragons...

Patchouli then found a ring after taking out the creatures which turned out to be..

A ring of magical power....good for giving you more MP. But not entirely nessary to use all the time. Patchouli however kept it since it may come into use.

Patchouli did however find a shop on the 4th floor. And here's what it had....

Not all that much there, but there were a few highlights.

The Long sword of Holy Wrath +3 +3, good for slaying demons and undead and then there was also the Crystal Ball of Energy.

Should I get it? Wrathie says there's a deadly risk if your MP is 0 if you use it though....

For now  Patcholi bought a potion of heal wound and pressed forth...to the 5th floor.

It started off easy, but became rather hard for her after a short while because the swamp was crawling with Ugly things and Wisps!

Ugly things are basicly what they are...ugly and they usually roam in groups. They can attack and run and are resistant to ice. So of course Patchouli has one course of action against these ugly things....

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

And the wisp on the other hand are a challenge due to being resistant to fire and ice making it hard to damage them... but fortunately Patchouli's luck would change....

While retreating from the wisp Patchouli confronted a Troll named Snorg. AKA: The Troll of RAAAAGGGEEE!!!!

Snorg is simalar to other trolls in terms of attacks, but what makes him different is when he's usually part way hurt he will usually enter RAGE mode and slaughter you! Patchouli kept her distance she she blasted the troll with ice, and eventually Snorg fell...

Also  to mention alot of rings down on that floor were rings of fire protection. I donno if it's nessary to pick up one when we have one so I left more of them there.

A few more fights later after PAtchouli froze a swamp drake, she heard Mima's voice once again....

"My pupil, you are doing quite well take this with you..."

A book set before Patchouli's feet and it turned out what Patchouli recived from Mima was a wonderful gift indeed!

The Book of Annihilation!

A book that's filled with the most devestating of magic spell that one can find. All very powerful and dangerous under the right hands. All Patchouli needed to do is prepare herself to learn these spells, for now though.... she used Mima's power to forget Magic darts and replaced it with Iskendurun's Mystic Blast.

Mystic Blast is a upgraded version of the magic dart and is quite powerful. It is especially useful in situations where you may face enemies with immunities to paticular spells and elements.

This would be especially useful when Patchouli dealt with the wisps as they would be complete pushovers with this spell.

Other than that ,Patchy ran into Jozef, being the idiot he is, loves to net you while he get blasted with magic. No threat....

Following that Patchouli came across a stone area which she felt she wasn't ready for just yet cause it was filled with Hydras and swamp dragons. All she knew is that she needed to take caution, but first needed to recover first. So she retreated into a small area in the south as she recoveded...

I stopped at 69000 even. Basiclly I went almost 6000 turns, but was a little short (thankfully)...

For now though Patchouli will have to wait to recover before she venture forth to hunt the rune!

And of course here's the file for Ramus to use.

Sign me up again!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:17:37 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
I'll be going after Ramus, if no one objects.

Also, we need to move to 5.0 asap.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
We'll stick to 0.4.5 for now.  Next run shall be 0.5.

Anyway, still in the Snake Pits.  Still stepping on snakes.  I dare not bite any apple I find here.

Glowing chainmail.  +1 Chain Mail, LAME.  I've got +4 platemail of cold resistance.

Final floor, number 5.  Hopefully something exciting will happen here as Suika has been stepping all over these nagas and snakes.

JOY!  We can finally cast spells.  Now to go get that confusing touch.  Where did I leave that book again?  Hive?

Hello, nice mace.  But has few uses of it proves that it has -2,-5 stat.  Dumping.  Also a +1 helmet of intelligence.  Dumping.

Situation gets bad as Suika gets teleported to in the middle of a wide open area.

Who's awesome now?!  Twenty nagas later and the area is cleared out.

Not done yet.

We'll be needing this later.

This game seriously needs a pee command for moments like this, just to, you know, pee on the fire and piss off an evil god or two.  (All puns intended)

Naga mages like their teleportation spells.  Regardless, this one actually lands me near the rune, so...

RUNE SNATCH AND TELEPORT
Only to land in a nest of greater naga, why do you hate me so teleportation?  Well, that was fun, hope you guys enjoyed my (short) turn.

Regardless, Xan, just use the file above, and also, the area is pretty easy except for the greater naga, but so long as you don't attempt to take on too many at a time and ration the healing potions, you should be fine.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
I guess I may be off topic, but I need to know, how do you get this crawl to work, since I think it's the src version, and I'm completely baffled at how to get it to work, some help would be appreciated, and yes I do feel like a noob for asking, but I'm just not that savvy with this.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Thanks man, I guess I was going at the wrong one, at least I got that out of the way, and I'll sign up after getting a little bit of pratice in this

Maid Xan~

[14:11] <Xan> Crawl tiem!
[14:11] <Xan> Uh, what can I drop, I'm encumbered.
[14:12] <Ramus> Probably the magic resistance armor.
[14:12] <Xan> Okay
[14:12] <Ramus> By the time we deal with the elves or other magical beings, we'll be able to stand it.
[14:12] <Xan> Yes.
[14:12] <Xan> Plus, we're a dwarf.
[14:13] <Ramus> So we hate elves!
[14:13] <Ramus> Die Meiling!
[14:13] <Xan> ;_;
[14:13] <Ramus> Joking.
[14:13] <Xan> Meiling was awesome.
[14:13] <Ramus> Yes she was.
[14:14] <Ramus> Until almost everyone gave up
on her half way.
[14:14] <Ramus> Late game isn't that hard.
[14:14] <Ramus> Especially when you're a Monk with blade hands.
[14:14] <Xan> Indeed.
[14:14] <Ramus> Fricking killed a Hell Lord at quarter health.
[14:15] <Xan> Niice.
[14:15] <Ramus> Anyway, how's the Nagas treating you?
[14:16] <Xan> Not to badly.
[14:17] <Xan> The floor I'm on is full of freaking electric eels, however.
[14:18] <Xan> Argh, died.
[14:18] <Xan> Fucking ghost.
[14:18] <Xan> So freaking annoying.
[14:18] <Xan> Damnit, I didn't get screenshots.
[14:30] <Ramus> Who was the ghost?
[14:30] <Xan> Wait, I'll screenshot this, just so that whoever was responible for the ghost can claim it.
[14:30] <Xan>
[14:31] <Xan> Spent the entire thing locked in confusion and sleep.
[14:31] <Ramus> Not mine.
[14:31] <Xan> Didn't think so.
[14:31] <Ramus> So I'm guessing Totaku.
[14:31] <Ramus> Also, fun fact:
[14:31] <Xan> No.
[14:31] <Xan> It's definately not his.
[14:31] <Ramus> Ghosts don't have MP.
[14:31] <Xan> Yes.
[14:31] <Ramus> Or at least, they don't have a finite amount.
[14:32] <Xan> So anyhow, that ghost was THE WORST.
[14:32] <Xan> I couldn't do ANYTHING.
[14:32] <Xan> Basically he locked me down.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Oh, that was probably mine.  I made several Spriggan Enchanters and such and put their ghosts in the ghost file.  Oho.

Maid Xan~

Oh, that was probably mine.  I made several Spriggan Enchanters and such and put their ghosts in the ghost file.  Oho.

I will END you.

Totaku

Let me continue with the story of Patchouli KNowledge and the Swamp:

When we were last left off, Pacthy was recovering waiting for her chance to make her move. When she was fully healed she traveled forth and battled a few hydra and swamp drakes, while this was simple for her it would soon become hard for her because she was running low on magic and was being chanced by another hydra who was catching up to her. Realized the small options she had she used her wand to teleportation to escape from the multiheaded menace....

However were she ended up turned be rather unpleasent...

Stuck out in the middle of water... it couldn't be safe here, but yet no marine life seem to threaten her there so she rested.

But just after a few moments something came out from behind the rocks...

!!!

It was the dreaded Swamp Dragon.

I didn't give a desription last time, but in general, swamp dragons are quite stong in terms of melee and can breath poisonous breath. The good part is though, as long as you have poison resistance, you won't suffer from the pain it usually deals with making it a minor threat but it's best not to face it up close....

Patchouli sticky flamed it and then froze it till it died and then had to resort to blinking to escape from her area as she was stuck with no way to escape otherwise...

It seemed though, no matter how hard she tried she was bound to be ganged up, especially by Swamp Dragons and hydras...

Most of the time Patchouli had to make several retreats and plan her actions carefully as it seem the hydras and dragons were coming masses...would this maddness end?

Fortunately during the mad confrontation Patchouli leveled up to level 17!

After exterminating several Hydras and dragons later Patchouli came up to the stone structure...

What would she find here?

Why the Decaying Rune of Zot!!!

Patchouli imidiatelly took the rune and made a dash off to the stairs to escape from the murky swamp.

Once she escaped from the horrible place she returned to the first floor of the lair where she began to organize all her belongings she's gathered...

Now it should be easy to tell where everything is! (The way it was before hand was a mess.)

So for now Patchouli has gathered 2 runes and now proceeds back up to the dungeon in hunt for the 3rd rune....

As she traveled down stairs she confronted a strange creature....a Lindwurm

While rare to confront in the dungeon. The Lindwurm is knonw for breathing fire, and using it's arms to strike it's enemies. Luckly, Patchouli was fire resistant so she could handle the heat (even if it meant loosing a scroll or two...)

She went then went to the hive and then took some of the food and items she left behind there as well as took a few honey comb and jellies. She then continued her trip through the dungeon.

She then rant into another strange creature....

The Boggrat.

Boggrats are small and frail creatures, but they are known for being natorious tricksters. When they spot you, they are likely to blink, teleport, and summon a whole mess of enemies at you!

But a well place hit can kill them instantly since they aren't strong so plan carfully...

The boggrats were easy to pick off at least till I noticed there were like 3 of them located in one area.....

This here is a good example why you shouldn't let boggrats get a chance to make a move, they'll spam out tons of enemies that will hound you out and make your life hard... Needless to say though, Patchouli was able to take the boggrats and most of thier summons down before she had to run temporarly....

Patchouli traveled down the floor and discovered a new creature...The Rakshara

The Rakshara is a tiger demon who is known for his natorious tricks and illusions. When fighting he tends to make copies of himself that can fight in a simalar matter as the orginal but can be eliminated easily, and it can also turn himself invisible.

But if dispatched quickly, the tiger is pratically a weakling.

After defeating the Rakshara, Patchouli went to the shop to see what was on sale....

Lots of antique armor and good low prices....would they be worth thier price though?

Patchouli bought the glowing robe, the faintly glowing robe, and the polished leather armor.

She tried on the faintly glowing robe and it turned out to be...

Useless, uncursed and dumped it.

Next, the gowing robe.

Actually could be useful, magic resistance can be a life saver in some occasions, but it still doesn't top the Robe of Resistance, but not useless either... keeping

Next, the polished leather armor...

It turned out to be some +3 Leather Armor with a fancy name...but it wasn't exactly good as it only granted +2 evasion....

Useless so Patchy dumped it.

Patchouli then came across an amulet that she tried and it turned out to be rather useful once she identified it!

This amulet will protect you from the effect of acid from most occasions.

While not completely, you are very unlikley to have your equipment corrode anytime soon as long as Patchouli wares it.

It'll be perfect when Patchouli is ready to investigate the slime pits!

Patchouli explored further north but to her surprise she came across a different human that she didn't see before...

It was a Vault Guard. Vault Gaurds don't usually appear in the dungeon that often...unless they are gaurding something very importnat....

They are heavily armed and well armored and confronting them in melee can be dangerous especially for Patchouli... It would take some sticky flames and a few bolts of ice before taking one down. She pressed forward...

She couldn't be anymore right! They were protecting something! The stairways to the vaults. The next location that Patchouli is making plans to explore.... Fighting this many was out of the question as it would take too long so she had to run and find a different way to tackle them one by one...

After retreating up the floor and coming down another taking out bees and so forth she had to fight several vault gaurd and retreat on some occasions. Her own equipment actually began to weigh her down making it hard to even outrun the vault gaurds so out of despseration she droped her honey combs and began to run.

Luckly for her she managed to escape with only minor wounds and rested back at the hive as she dropped off a few belonging before returning down and taking out the Vault guard and getting her honey combs she left.

And so Patchouli had to rest for a while...

And thus this ends Patchouli's turn for the Crawl Relay.

Ramus is up next so here's the file

Also sign me up again! I'm on a roll!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:27:00 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 29, MoTK : 2
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
Seeing as Patchouli is not getting nearly enough love to cure her asthmatic problems, I'll be playing her for this round.  So as Totaku left us, we were near the vaults and hungry.  Wizard needs food badly.  Regardless, we have an awesome ring of +5 intelligence and no need for poison resistance for a while.  Thus, 32 INT!

So we ate food and got this!  Now Patchouli can cast spells constantly with little to no hunger.  Wizard does not need food badly.  Regardless, we're encumbered, so time to dump some stuff at the Hive.

Too many to deal with, let's go harvest a corpse or two.

SON OF A-  PUT ON THE BOSS MUSIC

Okay, here's the deal.  I've been generated with a rock troll next to me, which if you know of the normal troll, then think of this guy as the one that hits harder, moves just as fast, and has stupidly high AC.  He also has ABSURD regenerative powers, even for a troll.  Seven giants, one is a mage, another is a two headed which means double attacking, a centuar warrior who can tear Patch to shreds and a dragon zombie to top it off.

BADASS BLINK!

<_____<

BADASS BLINK

Okay, now just read a scroll of teleportation and I should get far away enough to manage.

Crisis averted.  Let's kill some ugly things.

I clear most of the floor, but there's still those monsters, such as the seven yaks, the two cyclops, and that hill giant.  And the MP bar is empty.  A quick recharge of MP, a run back down stairs, and some BADASS BLINKING and I manage to kill off the enemies.  TO FLOOR 2!

In case you're wondering, the Vaults always greet you this way.

Remember what Totaku said about Boggarts?  Yeah...

Okay, that's all cleared up.  Regardless, the flying skulls are becoming stupidly common and in mass and Patch lacks proper crowd control abilties...

Concrete walls and flying skulls.  I believe this is the entrance to the Crypt.  And zombies, and vampires, we're at the Crypt entrance for sure.  Not entering it though.  The Crypt is a fricking scaring place.

Zot Trap, Patch's first in the game.  THE PAIN AND AGONY!  Half of Patch's HP taken straight off!

GOD GIFT!

Fun Fact:  Divination is likely to be removed in the future from Crawl if they haven't already done it in 0.5.

Yonk!  One scimitar of flaming for those just in case scenarios.  It's elven to boot.  Ring of +4 evasion.

New floor, number 3.  So remember, the Crypt is on floor 2.

Frick Crawl, must you make me wrong ten steps after I say something?  BACK TO FLOOR 3!

Shafted to floor 6 from floor 3 (ha ha, get it?).

FRICK!  Dragon, and in my last 500 turns!  I won't lose to you Crawl!

And it's dead.  As well as mini kobold fort and I'm back on floor 3.  Be sure to stop by floor 2 to see what's in the fortress of the living dead.

Final thoughts:

1.  Learn to use the A slot, J slot, and N slot buttons ALOT when casting.  They're kickass.
2.  Shafts suck.
3.  BADASS BLINKING is highly recommended to have when entering a floor of the vault.

Totaku

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
Ok I'm continuing where Ramus left Patchouli...

As the story began, Patchy was busy recovering from her poison when she was ambused by a number of slime creatures.

A majority of her zombie minions were beaten down but she managed to survive.

She decided that she would take the time to explore the floor above her but before she got there she found what looked like a Potion of speed....

Or so she thought....

It was really a mimic in diguise. Mimic's are somewhat of a nusiance to deal with cause you may find an item and if you go near one it'll attack you several times and possibly poison you. Also they are best dealt with in close range combat, using a spell on them will usally cause them vanish and teleport to another part of the floor in another form. Luckly, Patchouli is strong enough to tackle these things with her sword.

Patchouli returned to the 2nd floor to the area she was unsure about exploring before hand...It seemed to be surrounded by a stone wall....very supicious...

And within a few steps in she finally realize what she came across...

A vampire den! Filled with vampires!

The vampire alone isn't exactly threatening, but they are natourious for summoning mammals (or as Ramus loves to call it..."Spammals"

They tend to summon mammals quite alot and can overtake you if you're not careful. And being dead makes them automaticlly immune to ice and draining magic. Other than that, they can also use some enchantment spells like invisible and the like...

In Patchouli's case, she had to eliminate them as quickly as possible. And with some sitcky flames and Mystic blasts The vampire was downed before it could have a chance to spam. (Obviously they are no where nearly as strong as Mistress Remilia.)

She also confronted the Vampire Knight, the stronger version of the vampire. Has a larger amount of HP and pretty much can do what vampires do best...Spammal! Also they can hit pretty hard. Again same tactic took these blood sucker out. (Still weak compared to Remilia Scarlet)

A few vampires later and Patchouli confronted a vampire mage. Pretty much the magic casting version of the vampire, usually carries bolts of fire, ice, and can spammal as well. Again...easy pickings even to Patchouli.

And so after exterminated about 6 -10 vampires later, Patchouli reached the inner champer of the vampire den. Looked like there were lots of interesting trueasure there...but would it be worth it?

Patchy found a few scrolls including a scroll of weapon enchantment 3, remove curse, a cure mutation potion, ect. And she also found a ring that she tried on and identified....

And it turned out to be....

Not all that great... didn't have many benifical properties so she dumped it.

Patchouli then returned to the 4th floor to began exploring the area and she ran into a yaktuar (or as I like to call them.... "Yaktards"

Yaktards are the bigger badder cusion of the Centuar. They are almost always armed with a crossbow and shoot bolts at you the moment they notice you. In most cases it's generally smarter to get into close range because they are apperently are bad at close range combat. This applies to Patchouli as well sometime as a when a bolt strikes her she looses a good portion of her health.

Just be thankful she's not fighting them in groups at the moment or this would of been far worse...

But upon defeating him, Patchouli leveled up to level 18!!

Upon further exploration Patchouli confronted a flayed ghost.... These guys aren't much, but a melee fighting zombie goasts and aren't immune to ice which makes them easy pickings for Patchouli.

Patchoul then traveled forward and came up to this strange structure. When she entered it she found a Xom and Owakuwa alter. Nothing all that great except on the other size was a Shadow Dragon!

And it took notice of Patchouli and went around the building strcuture to fight her...

Shadow Dragons are very natorious creatures that can breath out negative energy from thier mouth and drain you. They can be very troublesome and are quite tough compare to other dragons. Life protection and Ward are a must to minimize draining.

Sadly the dragon go in the room and started breathing negative energy all over her....

She was demoted to level 17 ;_;

She had no choice but to teleport and run.

After recovering she decided to return to deal with the shadow dragon but when she return it there was only a plain dragon.

Could it be this was a shapeshifter? Who know? Eitherway Patchouli took care of the dragon and returned to the area where she teleported from.

When she got there she ran into a Yaktard Captain. The bigger badder version of the yaktard. Far stronger and more dangerous compared to the yaktaur, but can be despoed the same way, but may take a little longer.

And then Patchouli confronted the Sphinx. A terrifying beast that is known for it's powerful enchantment spells which can range from slowing you down, confusion to even healing itself when it gets weak. While tough, overall it wasn't an overall threat, in the end Patchouli returned to level 18...

Patchouli then  proceeded down to the 5th floor of the vault, but it seemed things only go worse...

She confronted Skeletal Warriors along with rock trolls and spiny worms (what a combo).

Skeleton warriors and strong fighters who are good at melee but are vunerable to fire. And at the same time they can revive killed enemies and make them into zombies if given the chance to...

Patchouli had to restore to mystic blast to take out the sketeton warriors and bolts of ices among the other creatures....

Patchouli also came across an amulet which was the amulet of clairty.

Basiclly it serves as your anti-confusion item. Useful in it's own terms if you ask me.

And then patchouli found a strange ring, could it be better off than the other ring?

She IDed it and...

Well at least it doesn't have much of a negative downfall might be useful, but then again, who knows. She kept it anways...

After a long an intense battle against tons of creatures and hiding, Patchy had to rest...

Stopping at turn 85000 (which is just over 5000 turns)

This concludes my run for now.

It's Ramus's turn.

And sign me up again!

File will be coming shortly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:41:10 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »
I start off where Totaku ended, namely, Patchouli was hungry again (geez, Totaku, you need to feed the poor thing more often) and encumbered with treasure, which is natural as we're going through the Vaults.  One pit stop at the hive later and Patch is about a 100 aums (however much that is) lighter.

Spiny Worm, coated in acid and resistant to physical abuse.  Five pot shots and 20 MP later, all is good.

On the top, you see one giant slug.  Exactly What It Says On The Tin.  Then a Yaktuar, and a Yaktuar Captain with the red shirt.  They shoot bolts.  Bolts hurt.  Patch is in the open (cause I saw a few scrolls lying about there that I wanted to get).

I read a scroll of teleporation and defend the best I can, namely putting on the repel missiles enchantment.

Patch gets half her HP taken off in a single hit.  Three more hits from more Yaktuars that come from off screen and she's dead.  -___-

Sign me up again.  And whoever goes after me, AVOID THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE VAULTS!  You'll be in the Yaktuar shooting gallery.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:47:53 PM by Ramus »

Totaku

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2009, 11:58:50 PM »
OK Ramus it's my go and it turned out this run was rather......slow....barely anything happened until near the end though it was intense, not much occured....

To begin, Patchouli went out of the vaults and took her collection of goods back to the hive where she stashed them...

She then head back to the Vaults and continued to explore, found a guggly brown potion, turned out to be a mimic so she killed it...

She also ended up confronting the Shadow Dragon that she thought didn't exsit. She was force to use a potion of haste to ensure she wouldn't suffer too much from the effects of draining. And luckly the dragon was slayed...

Next, she returned to floor 5 where she ended up going through a rather intense battle on the floor, she had to combat against yaktards, centards, slime creatures, rock trolls, and many undead things. She had to end up using two of her potions of healing wounds just so she could survive the battles.

Along the way she found some things:

Acient Blue Dragon armor, looks tempting doesn't it?

In reality though it's just another case it being actually a mimic. ;_;

Also found a book while there. Not many of the spells are going to be useful except haste.

PROTIP: When combating tons of Yaktards and Centards in a group. It's always smart to gas them. Mephtic Cloud is your friend. use it well. It makes life eaiser.

And then after a long an intense battle on the 5th floor Patchouli reached the 6th floor! Where we reach the highlight of the day! The stairway to the Hall of Blades!

The Hall of Blade is pretty much like what it say. Your going to find lots of weapons there. Of all different shape and sizes! All for you to check out. And the weapons are so willing to let you try them out, they'll give you a hands on demonstation of thier capabilities.

So in otherwords...Watch out for those weapons, they be a bit dangerous down there.

This is where Patchy's quest end for now.

Here's the file for you Ramus.

Also sign me up again.
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »
So Patch starts off hungry (AGAIN! Darn it Totaku!  You need to feed our child!).  So before entering the hall of blades, Patch goes off searching for food.

:toot:

Later, Patch eats some holy orcish meat.  Them priests don't taste so good.

Welcome to the Hall of Blades.  Our first enemy?  A trident, subclass of polearms, with no blade attached.  One shot and it's down.  Uncursed trident of reaching, not needed.

Did I mention, everything drops from a single shot of Iskenderun's Mystic Blast.  For now on, I'll refer to it as just mystic blast.  Elven long sword of slicing.  Vorpalized, nice.

Teleporation trap sticks me in the center of the main hall.  Let's get blasting.  Electrical short sword, eh, I'll carry it for now.  What Patch really needs is a light weapon of distortion to escape the Panda Land and such.

LEVEL UP!  #19
HP 76
MP 43

God gift, hello.

Patch can't read it!  It's beyond her punny mind to comprehend!  So yeah, it has to be kickass.

I've nearly cleared out the entire hall AND NOT A SINGLE WEAPON OF DISTORTION.  However, I've gotten a short sword of holy wrath and another charged with electricity.  Eh, done with the main hall.  The haul was okay.

OH CRUD OH CRUD OH CRUD

Second most power independently wandering unique in the game, Xtahua.  Of course, I

always have theme music to go along with major battles.

Okay, first thing, Xtahua has fire, lots of fire.  So I put on all the fire resistance Patch has, namely all three levels.  However, even with this, the fireballs are still blunt damage, so Patch will be likely taking a heavy hit before this is over.  Patch has a single potion of heal wounds, so she can't afford to be hit too much.  The dragon is also immune to poison, so the cloud of confusion will not work, and stick flames will have little to no effect.  What I do have is ice armor and ice bolt, to increase AC and do major damage.

Xtahua:  YOU BORE ME SO.
Xtahua:  MUST YOU MORTALS FIGHT BACK?
Xtahua:  FOOL.

After being blasted a few times, she's dead.  Victory to Patch!

Regardless, not a single weapon of distortion.  I'm disappointed.

Floor 6 cleared with ease.

GOD GIFT!  And this time we can read it!

Necromancy.  I'm also 500 turns over limit without noticing it.  Please forgive me!  ;_;
Regardless, Hall of Blades, got some nice things, but eh.

Regardless, DO NOT sign me back up, I'm leaving for another three to four weeks.  I should still be able to do the arena updating once a day and the DnD sessions, but not this.

Totaku

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
Ok Ramus has ask me to post the file since he said he'd take one more turn before leaving.

Patchouli's adventure continues through the vaults as she begins to tackle all the creatures lurking in the area.

Pretty much she confronted all sorts of creatures here starting with the stone giant.

Stone Giants are quite hefty brutes. Great attack power and love chucking boulders into your face. In fact, Patchouli nearly got crushed by the giant's boulders on her own. As it wiped out half her health in a single throw.

Other than their deadly thowing, they also are quite dangerous to fight up close to them. Patchy would likely get flatten by these guys, Patchy had to actually sticky flame and blink away from him several time just to ensure her survival until she successfully got far away enough to recharge and blast the meanacing giant.

And them she faced a frost giant. Also a powerhouse, but with the power of ice. Ice ressitance is a must and keeping away from using it's axe of frost on you.

She then faced an orc Scorcerer. A more dangerous orc mage who pocesses the power to drain you, flame you and even summon demons to aid him in battle. It's important to take him down quickly as possible. He's also has some fire ressitance as well which patchouli had to resort to gasing him and then freezing him.

She then confronts and iron troll. The toughest in the troll family. With a body made of solid iron this guy can withstand alot of damage and hit quite hard. Because of his iron body he is resistant to fire and ice. So patchy had to resort to sticky flaming and then using mystic blast while blinking away till she finished him off...

Orc High Priest are quite a nusiance too just like the scorcerer. As they can smite you and call demons to aid them sometimes. Sometime high level ones...

Needless to say this one wasn't bright and just kept coming up to Patchy. So she blasted him with ice. End of story.

Deep Trolls are deep lol. :P Well actually the deep troll are weaker, but what they lack in strength, they make up with thier numbers. They will almost always come in groups. Ranging from 4 or 5 of them.

After fighting so many strange creatures Patchouli raised an undead horde of monsters (consisting of deep trolls and orcs and launched an all out attack on the 7th floor against the Yaktard army.

She also ran into an orb of eyes. Never got to see what this thing could do. Ramus says it can paralyze and drain MP I've seen it use a blast of energy before like the eye of destruction. Other than that, don't eat thier meat unless you want to mutate.

It wasn't long before Patchouli conqured the 7th floor of the Vaults. But before diving into the most dangerous area of the vault, Patchouli was going to take care of another area....

The Crypt!

A land of the undead. Filled with alomst everything being dead. Meaning food will be a problem here. But PAtchouli was stocked with her supplies so she should be able to handle the situation.

She did have to face a number of skeletons at the get go. But nothing a few flames couldn't take care of. :P

She eventually found an Effreet in the bottle. Would it be her friend?

NO!!!

He turned out to be hostile. And began to attack patchouli. Efreets are powerful fire users and always weild a weapon with flaming capabilities.

Needless to say PAtchouli just applied ice on it's forehead and he froze into nothingness after two blast of ice. Now Patchouli has a scamitar of Flaming.

As Ramus describes the situation with Efreets and crawl...

Ramus: Mokou only likes Suika.  >_<

lol.

Patchouli reached the second floor where she found the entrance to the tomb. A land where only mummies dwell, meaning lots and lots of curses...Steer clear unless your properly prepared or skilled at summoning.

Then while I was battling a skeleton warrior I got this message...

The Power of Zot was used against you? I wonder what happened to trigger that?

Haven't seen a zot trap in a while either but who know?

Regardless after eleminating mr. Skeleton.. Patchouli reached LEVEL 20!

This was however where things got bad....

While PAtchouli was resting she was ambused by a vampire mage who got summon happy and invited some undead friends along to cause trouble. Patchouli was not prepared to fight and was force to retreat. She got beaten bad by some skelton warriors who interfered and somehow got demoted to level 19. ;_;

She was fortunate enough to escape, but just bearly....

She returned back to the vaults where it was safe and rested up while replenishing her magic...

To be continued?

Also sign me up again.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:50:22 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »
Just popping in to say I enjoy the hell out of reading these things.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
Back again in the same day.  Let's make this a good one before I go off for another three weeks (or even four).

Leaving behind:  Wand of draining (it doesn't work too well against the dead), scimitar of fire (Patch isn't melee), Staff of Energy (heavy and Patch has sustenance ring and food), wand of slowing and frost cause they don't work too well against dead stuff.

Mottled Dragon Hide snatch.  Leaving that behind since we don't have any enchant armor scrolls right now.

Back to level 20!

Nothing much on floor 2 of the Crypt.  To floor 3!

If that doesn't call for a scroll of magic mapping, I don't know what does.

>_O

MOVE FASTER PATCHY FASTER

OH THANK GOODNESS, FOUND IT!

Welcome to the Labyrinth. It can be summed up as one very annoying maze with treasure in the center.  Time to start exploring.  I've got 4000 turns to clear this place and I'm good with mazes, so lets go.

About the Labyrinth:
1.  It only appears in the lower half of the dungeon and picks random places to show up at.
2.  Your character does not map any of the Labyrinth out, so you're constantly in the dark unless you do this Etrian Odyssey style and draw a map.
3.  How can this be made any worse?  Well, there's no enemies aside from the Minotuar at the exit, meaning that, yes, it's one big walk between walls.
4.  No digging allowed.
5.  No magic mapping allowed.
6.  Teleporation moves you AWAY from the exit.
7.  Shooting lightning in here has a good chance of hurting you.  BAD.

The metal wall is the second layer in, means I'm getting closer.

Hello big muscly guy that can tear me apart in a few hits, care for a cup of tea?  No?  THEN EAT STICKY FLAMES!  Also, it literally took me well over a 1000 turns to find this place.  The Labyrinth is one big huge pain with awesome rewards.

<3

Patch's main weapon now.

Nice.
Staff of Power, nice, but we don't need it.
Staff of Fire, AWESOME.

The book of power.  Also, some unidentified amulet, with a scroll, I find out its a amulet of conservation, eh, I'll take it.  Also, it has a spare use, so I use it on the only other thing that isn't identified, the book that we can not comprehend.  BOOK OF DEMONOLOGY.  Wow, time to start upping summoning powers, this will be great for the tomb.

Back in the Crypt and this staff of fire is AWESOME.  Everything dies when I shoot it with fire.

FRICK NO!  NO! NO! NO!

Zot Trap.  ;_;  Patch can't survive three Executioners...
Well, hope you guys enjoyed that.  -___-

Lastly, don't leave Totaku playing this alone please.  I had to do that once before on the old forums and it was a pain.  Just give it a shot and play as either Patch or Suika.  The guys on #touhou @ dejatoons.net will be happy to help you through your run if you think you need assistance.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »
One pit stop at the hive later and Patch is about a 100 aums (however much that is) lighter.

aum
    Arbitrary Unit of Mass. Is exactly as arbitrary as it sounds, and nobody knows exactly how much it is.

What is a bad idea to suggest to have added to Crawl?  Look here:  http://crawl.akrasiac.org/learndb.html#bad_ideas

How to make shooting bolts even more badass:  http://herself.unixstorm.org/bouncing/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:56:43 PM by Ramus »

Totaku

« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »
Ok I did my run again. XD

In this episode of Patchouli and the Vaults, Patchouli returns down into the dungeon once more to fight off the undead fully prepared for battle.

She takes off a few items and begins her adventure.

After taking care of the skeletons and vampires that bullied her last time, PAtchouli went down to the 3rd floor. Where she ran into a Necromancer with his gang of undead minions.

PROTIP: In the Crypt Necromancers are your only meat you can chop up an eat (that if if they leave a body). And they're hard to come by which is why I once again strongly urge you to come with food ready.

Regardless thoughm the necromancer and his minions were exterminated easily and Patchouli pressed onward....

She then battled a rotting hulk, an ugly creature who is simalar to a necrophange or ghoul I guess. Just don't let it touch you or you might rot.

When PAtchouli reached the forth floor, she confronted a unique named Frederick. A fancy dressed man who weilds powerful magic.

Little to her surprise though after sticky flaming Fred, he turn invisible and made PAtchouli's battle difficult.

She had to blindly cast spells based on his location and was lucky to hit him. It wasn't till he blasted PAtchouli with a mystic blast that she was wounded badly! She was fortunate enough to take out Frederick before he could deliver the final blow.

This ugly fellow here is the ghoul. Nasty undead creature who can weild weapons and can rot you if you melee him. Simply kill it with fire and your problems are solved.

PAtchouli's adventure was pretty easy going on the most part to be honest, very little problems occured thourgh at one point she confronted a cursed skull.

The cursed skull is a very evil creature. It's completely immune to every element making it impossible hurt it with fire, ice, electricity and poison. The good part is they don't move at all. The bad part is upon noticing you they can sometimes attack you with rather painful attacks.

They can release the powers of hell and perform devistating damage upon your health ripping it in half.

And the can also call undead minions to protect it. Fortunatly though, the skull remained immoble and did nothing the whole time making it so Patchouli could just mystic blast it to death. (talk about lucky.)

At one point she found an identify scroll and used it to ID her books she couldn't understand. She was allowed to ID both her books and as a result she founded out she had two very powerful books

The Necronomicon! A powerful book used by Necromancers. Posesses the ultimate death spells in it including symbol of tourment, Death's Door and Death Channel.

The Book of Demonlogy! A powerful book of summoning. This will allow you to summon the most powerful of demons to aid you in battle including greater demons and possibly even fiends!

As Patchouli continued t explore she confronted a Skeletal Dragon.

Skeletal Dragons have a boat load of HP and are rather tough, they are immune to most forms of magic. So Patchouli had to resort to sticky flaming and mystic blasting while blinking away to slowly beat down the dragon will it began to fell in terror which then became easily slain.

Patchouli finally reached the bottom floor of the Crypt. What trouble could lurk in this water place?

Upon reaching the front gate she was met by two skeleton warriors and then confronted following the, two iron golems.

Iron Golems are rather tough creatures who can withstand elements thus forcing Patchouli to use mystic blast to take them on. And it take a while so she had to blast, blink, and recharge until she could defeat them.

As she opened the second gate, she was met by tons of skelton warriors and a necromancer mixed among the rest of the undead. Lucky most were asleep so she managed to lure 2 skeleton warriors down and burniate them.

Afterward Patchouli was exhuasted and needed a brake.... course there were fountains near her with sparkling water...should she drink from it?

Who knows, but for now my turn is over.

Here's the file for who ever is next.

To make sure we have more space to load it via attachment. I was told to remove the title bmps. (since they're not likely to be used.)

Everything else will still be there.

I heard Pancakes will take this run. But if he doesn't I'll run through another go after I'm informed or after a few days have passed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:11:47 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »
Lastly, don't leave Totaku playing this alone please.  I had to do that once before on the old forums and it was a pain.  Just give it a shot and play as either Patch or Suika.  The guys on #touhou @ dejatoons.net will be happy to help you through your run if you think you need assistance.
To tell the truth I am starting to feel like I'd like this, but...
I have a question beforehand.
How much time does it take to do a 5k turns run?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
If you take no screenshots and rest a lot, about 5 to 10 minutes. Give or take about 20 minutes to do the run with enough pics to keep everyone happy.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
Heh, enough for me.
Sign me up!

The Astral Pancake

• Lurker McLurkington
  • ZOT
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 31, MoTK : 2
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2009, 01:41:09 AM »
<The_Astral_HAMcake>   You want to do commentary?
   <Totaku>   I suppose, I'm never done much commentary before
   <Totaku>   But I'll try to get myself ready
   <Totaku>   Just let me know when you get started
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   So where am I supposed to put the files again?
   <Totaku>   If I do this right I'll be quite talkative through the commentary. :P
   <Totaku>   Suika files have to go into the saves folder
   <Totaku>   The bones files go in the saves too
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Ready~
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   So it's time to get the rune, slaughter the nagas and get lootz
   <Totaku>   Did you put the player file in the tites folder?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Shit
   <Totaku>   Ah, have we started already?
   <Totaku>   Ok well as we know Suika's is currently located in bottom of the snake pits combating the evil naga that rule the bottom
   <Totaku>   All just to obtain the ultimate prize
   <Totaku>   The Serpintine Rune of Zot
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   In other words, Xan and Ramus aren't HOT BLOODED enough to get the damn rune
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Let's get this over with
   <Totaku>   Hahahaha well put
   <Totaku>   Let's see how Suika handles the naga
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   What are you doing with all of these wands anyways?
   <Totaku>   What's is the current status on our oni right now
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   TOO MANY FUCKING WANDS AND WEAPONS
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   WHO THE HELL NEEDS WANDS OF CONFUSION WHEN THEY'RE GETTING THE RUNES?
   <Totaku>   I suppose they have ti be over prepared to fight these snakes
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   THE ONLY ENEMIES WORTH USING THEM ON HAVE HIGH MAGIC RESISTANCE
   <Totaku>   That's interesting to know
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Anyways, I'm going to dump them
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Unidentified wand
   <Totaku>   Fine with me
   <Totaku>   Though I would make sure to get them back after you get the rune
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I'm sure I will
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   And the wand shorted out after one test
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   So I'm guessing it's a wand of healing
   <Totaku>   As I see it everything is important when trying travel down this evil dungeon
   <Totaku>   I gues
   <Totaku>   *guess
   <Totaku>   So yeah dump it and come back for it later
   <Totaku>   So how is the naga battles going on at the moment
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I hate Guardian Naga
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   They teleport you too much
   <Totaku>   If I recall Ramus said the Naga warriors and Greater Nagas were the biggest threat
   <Totaku>   Ah the gaurdians, how we hate them so....
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Usually by the time I get here, everything plinks off of my armour
   <Totaku>   Sounds like you must come by much later
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I usually do the Vaults first
   <Totaku>   Greater Nagas are usually troublesome in some way
   <Totaku>   Depending on the spells they use and all
   <Totaku>   Plus poisonus loogies!
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Shoppe~
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Everything sucks though
   <Totaku>   We can never have fun without having the snake citizens spits in our faces
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Hey, is this the amulet of Cekugob?
   <Totaku>   It's like a custom ritual of some sort
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Yep, it is
   <Totaku>   Huh? What kind of amulet is that?
   <Totaku>   The Cekugob Amulet
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Amulet of Warding +1 AC, +1 EV, Elec resist, Poison resist, Neg Ener Resist, Tele Resist, and speeds up metabolism
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Hey look, Nagas
   <Totaku>   Wow that's a pretty awesome combonation right there!
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Lots of them
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Let's kill them
   <Totaku>   Oh you taking pictures?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Yep
   <Totaku>   Hopfully this will look awesome
   <Totaku>   How many are you battleing at the moment?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Anyways, I'm going to do it the easy way
   <Totaku>   Hahaha ok
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   STAIRDANCE
   <Totaku>   But anyways by the way it sounds that Cekugob Amulet sounds perfect for a trip through Tarturus assuming Suika goes to hell
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   As you can see, due to the wacky stair time continuum in Crawl, leading enemies up stairs is fun
   <Totaku>   yeah they always love to follow you when they go up the stairs next to you. :P
   <Totaku>   Makes it easy to fight only a few at a time
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Killed 'em all
   <Totaku>   Instead of the whole lot
   <Totaku>   Good going!
   <Totaku>   Now let's continue the exploration!
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Okay, now to get the ones inside the Vault
   <Totaku>   Wait
   <Totaku>   You killed all the nagas?!
   <Totaku>   Already?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   All the ones near the entrance
   <Totaku>   Ah I see
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   And I know a great way to prevent enemies from teleporting us
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   The amulet prevents teleportation so it cancels the sequence
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Also a naga warrior hit a snake with his spit
   <Totaku>   Makes Nagas Gaurdians very wimpy with prevent tele.
   <Totaku>   lol did it die?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Well that was quick
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   A Greater Naga jumped me and I died
   <Totaku>   Ouch!
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I don't think you guys should do the Snake Pit yet
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   28 AC isn't high enough
   <Totaku>   Ramus warned us about the Greater Nagas
   <Totaku>   You should of invovked your Str boost or something
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I did
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   The problem is that we have wimpy AC
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   And weapons
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I think we should try and clear out some of the Vaults to get to the Hall of Blades
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Then we can get some stuff that doesn't suck
   <Totaku>   That seems a bit dangerous is you ask me
   <Totaku>   Considering Suika's level at the moment
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Hey, I do it at level 12
   <Totaku>   Those weapons would likely slaughter he if Greater Nagas could kill her with ease
   <Totaku>   Maybe the Swamps is a better choice
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Swamps is way better at this point
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Also the weapons aren't that bad
   <Totaku>   Assuming Suika has a flaming blade weapon
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   She has a flaming scimitar
   <Totaku>   Or just a blunt weapon
   <Totaku>   Perfect
   <Totaku>   I guess we'll consider hacking hydras heads next time
   <Totaku>   I guess this concludes our commentary
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   I'm not going to bother to post screenshots
   <Totaku>   This is Totaku wishing you all for most crazy adventure in Dungeon Crawlling!
   <Totaku>   Huh why?
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   Too short of an update
   <Totaku>   Aww. ;_;
   <Totaku>   You should at least post something about the Amulet
   <The_Astral_HAMcake>   And this is The Astral HAAAAAAAMcake asking you guys to not be stupid and try to do the Snake Pit at our level.
<Totaku>   Ok now I shall prepare for my Patchouli run
   <Totaku>   heheheh
<The_Astral_HAMcake>      Have fun dying

Seriously, drop the Snake Pits for now and do the Swamps.

Totaku

« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:39 AM »
Aw crap, this didn't go well, but here I go!

In today's Episode of Patchouli vs. the Crypts, Patchouli tries to step into the fortress to battle again the undead that dwell inside. Will she handle it?

She battled through the hordes of the undead that stood before her. Taking them out slowly and carefully.

She eventally met up with a new creature. the Crystal Golem.

Crystal Golems are bright and shiny, and are about as bright as a iron golem... Basiclly they just charge at you. And do to thier chunky body size, they move rather sloooow. Course being made of crystal make them completly immune to most elements, so Patchy had to resort to mystic blast to take it out.

Several undead and dancing weapons later, Patchouli found a tureausre room! Seems some nice goodies were here I wonder what they could be?

Other than the potions of healing and meat she also found a ring which turned out to be cursed, but when she identified it...

The ring of Regeneration! This ring is rather useful when one wanted to regain thier health faster, but at a small price....it will also speed your motabolism a little bit as long as you wear it...

A worthwhile ring, but she couldn't take it with her so she had to leave it for now.

Now unfortunately while she was fairing out well on the most part her big problem came when she confronted a Crystal Golem while low of magic, she retreated continuously, and used Mima's power to recharge. But it caused one major problem....

When she nearly killed it she was at the point of starving making her unable to cast magic and when she was about to eat something....she was ambusing by a dancing flail! She tried to teleport with her wand....but it was too late....

Rest in peace Patchouli...

This conclude my turn.

The sword that cleaves evil, it's your turn! pick either to use PAtchouli or Suika and drop by IRC for our help if needed.

Also sign me up again.
Now I Twitter

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2009, 02:49:50 AM »
Right, I'd be willing to give Suika or maybe Sakuya a shot, but it'll have to wait until Sunday at the earliest, and more likely Monday or Tuesday night.  Work is not being so nice.  Also, what exactly is the IRC channel?  Keep in mind that I have just about NO proficiency with using IRC whatsoever.

EDIT: and keep in mind I really haven't played a lot of Crawl so don't expect much

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Maid Xan~

« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2009, 02:53:49 AM »
Yay, 'tis theshim! Good to see you!