Author Topic: Crawl Relay Run - Over  (Read 107763 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 21, MoTK : 0 - did we die again?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »

She gracefully walked down the stairs.  She only had one mission, the command her master gave her.  To retrieve the Zot Orb.

Her victim.  She slid the knife along the throat while it was asleep.  It died peacefully and without pain or excess blood.

The targets were careless.  They lay about sleeping or a daze of boredom.  Their senses were dull.  All made for an easy kill.

Her first prize, removed from the unworthy corpse of a kobold.  Before her, all would die silently and swiftly.

The first two floors were cleared with ease and quickness.  Nothing had yet lifted a finger towards her as all would sit silently as she came and would sit in absolute silence as she left.

And yet she grew careless as a dart shoot out from the floor and firmly implanted itself in her side.  The tip was poisoned and she soon grew sick.  She continued along attempting to shrug it off.

Terence, the foolish human.  He was a proud man with brute strength.  But he was awake, he would have to meet fate another day.  The elegant maid pulled out a scroll of teleportation from her bag and whispered the words of old.  A breeze picked up and she was carried away.

An orcish squad.  She could not dream of fighting them out in the open.  Using her wit, she retreated into the nearby corridor and fight them in the close space one at a time.  They left wide openings in their clumsy attacks, she took advantage of each one, thrusting the knife into their vital points.  The orcs quickly fell.

Ijyb, the small goblin.  He was busy looking about.  This was her chance.  The goblin fell with a slice along the artery of the neck.  Yet she felt not relief as she rounded the corner, there was Terence again.  She ran at full speed towards him for she was now stronger and no longer injured or poisoned.  In a mere two strikes, he fell to the ground.

Yet something sat at the back of her mind.  A worry.  There was little food around and all she carried was a single meal.  To eat these raw corpses would be madness.  Hunger gnawed at her stomach.  All she could do was keep moving and hope for a meal.

At long last, the temple of gods.  Single plan formed in her mind.  She would play it by luck.  Atem, a pharaoh of Egypt who ascended to godhood and had mastery of the cards could allow her to pull power from a mere deck of cards.  Or Tewi, who could help or harm her at a whim for her immature fun and laughs.  Both were random, both were chaotic, both had what she needed.

PICK ONE PEOPLE

And no, I'm not done yet with my turn.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »

Pesco recommended Atem, AKA Yami.'

SWEET SALVATION!  FOOD I CAN USE!  Just when near starving too.
Hungry again...

Chance of a life time people.  Let's kill him!  OH DARN IT!  He woke up before I could stab him!  Down to 1 HP in a single hit and running!  Back up stairs.

Frick... I can't afford to go back up stairs again with limited food.  I run into a hallway and murder them.

Oh hey, steaming dagger.  Artifact time.

Awesome weapon in every way except for one minor problem, it's vampiric, which means you get hungrier faster while using it.  Thus, we use it very sparringly.  And so InuSakuya runs around unarmed for a while until finding an enemy to use it on.  HOWEVER:  There's a CATCH.  And a big one!  When you hit a living enemy with it (in other words, not dead) you might get less hungry.  Guess what that means?

SURVIVAL

Fell through a shaft and OH SHI-

I attempt to run away only to find out bees are faster than InuSakuya.  And the best part?

Fuck you Crawl, fuck you!  However, I do land on a teleportation trap which leads me here:

BLASTED TELEPORT TRAP!  I've got no teleport scrolls or blink scrolls.  So I run...  INTO A CORNER DARN IT.  Dead....

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »
Ah, glad you're enjoying it.  Regardless, unless you feel really competent at stealth or magic, I recommend Suika for now as she is the basic hit the other guy dead.  InuSakuya (blame Xan, he picked her) is going to be one long game of attempting not to starve and sneaking up on people, Patchouli is going to managing magic so she doesn't run out and get killed.

Also, beware of Sigmund of the early dungeon.  He may be an old man, but he'll destroy you.
I dunno, I tried a Spriggan Assassin and made it through to about level 14 or so before getting BOLT OF IRON to the face and dying in one shot (goddamn Boris).  Killed Sigmund, too. :P

Oh, and awesome splash screen is awesome.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
I dunno, I tried a Spriggan Assassin and made it through to about level 14 or so before getting BOLT OF IRON to the face and dying in one shot (goddamn Boris).  Killed Sigmund, too. :P

Oh, and awesome splash screen is awesome.

Maybe you'd like to go at being an assassin then?  Because as you just saw, I got raped up the rear.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »
Maybe you'd like to go at being an assassin then?  Because as you just saw, I got raped up the rear.

Ramus: UR DOIN IT WRONG!

If you see Sigmund or an ogre: Curare needle. This will own them hard, especially Sigmund, who basically gets owned if he's curared.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »
Ramus: UR DOIN IT WRONG!

If you see Sigmund or an ogre: Curare needle. This will own them hard, especially Sigmund, who basically gets owned if he's curared.

I had 27 normal darts and 2 poison needles to begin with.  No curare what so ever.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
Eh, oh.  Darn it, I keep forgetting to look at this thread.  It's 6.30 AM here, and I'm out the whole day, so I think it's best if I pass it to someone else and resign myself up at the bottom of the list.  Sorry.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
Eh, oh.  Darn it, I keep forgetting to look at this thread.  It's 6.30 AM here, and I'm out the whole day, so I think it's best if I pass it to someone else and resign myself up at the bottom of the list.  Sorry.

You're still got two more days.  You don't have to do it immediately.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2009, 06:58:30 AM »
Earlier today, Ramus asked to take my turn because it seemed Affinity didn't respond. I wasn't sure but in the end I decided to accept later that night. ( I hope your ok since your the one who asked me.)

Anyways... I guess I'll continue Patchouli's story... not much picture wise....I wish I took more but things got rather....insane this time....

As usual, we begin our adventure at turn 52002.... Down in floor 15 of the dungeon.

Patchouli proceeded up the floors. When she got to the 14th floor she confronted something that looked rather dangerous...

An Eye of Devastation!

The eyes are very very uncommon to find within the dungeon. Your more likely to find them in the slime pits. I don't know much about them personally but I hear they are very dangerous and there blasts can burrow through solid rock. PLus from what I remember was there is no resitants to thier attacks if I heard correctly.

Knowing that it was dangerous, Patchouli retreated and went down a set of stairs and then came up another and went up another flight of stairs to escape the evil eye.

She then went up to to the Lair and proceed down to the Snake Pits....

Once she reached the 5th floor her real challenge would begin...

As usual Nagas were all over the place ready to greet her at the door. But luckly her undead minions and her magic too them out.

She managed to plow through the nagas easily but then this was in thing became very difficult.

I ran into my brother's ghost "Assassin" sure enough PAtchouli's sticky flame would put a dent in him, but that wasn't what really bother me
As soon as I sticky flamed him I then discover another ghost....
A Patchouli's ghost (wha?) And it fireballed me burning the scrolls in my collection.

Luckly the PAtchouli ghost was vaquished easily. But then I had to retreat.

When I returned back down again I was shock to discover yet another Patchouli ghost...
Yes that's right there was not just 1 ghost, not 2, but 3!!!!

Three Player Ghosts!!!

To from our Patchouli Run and one from my brother's.... More scrolls got burnt and I lost some vital scrolls (weapon enchantment).

Patchouli manage to take out her second ghost and all that remained was Assassin who was hiding somewhere in the snake pit.

Patchouli took caution, realizing the dangers that were around her... so she spent her time moving slowly while dececting for any nagas near her. She fought off Nagas of all shape and sizes, ranges from Regular nagas, Naga Warriors and Greater Nagas. The most dangerous thing of the whole battle was when the greater naga blasted PAtchouli with an orb of Energy. Cause it severly damaged her, regardless she took out the monster before it could hurt her again...

She spend her time waiting, resting and planning her next move as she continues the decect the nagas and snake in the vicitity. She even made seveal dead naga as her loyal undead minions.

Eventually she came across Assassin's ghost once more.... and this time, she took him on.... hitting him with sticky flame and then retreating gradually as the lauched bolts of cold at the ghost. Slowly weakening it, she eventually sent her undead minions, used Mima's power to recharge her magic, and continued to sticky flame it. In the end she was forced to use her wand of cold to finish the ghost off, but it can be said that the deed was done....

PAtchouli had vaquished 3 player ghost in one area!

Who ya gonna call!!

With that Patchouli had to take her time and rest and as she continues to travel slowly around the dungeon looking for the way to take on the nagas.

Eventually after Patchouli took on a few more naga warriors and mages she had to rest and call it a day for now...

Thus this ends Patchouli's turn...

It leasted 5998 turns. Sorry, but there were some forces that had to be dealt with on this turn...

What can I say regarding this turn is this....

Patchouli has gotten over a big hurtle today.... Tons and tons of player ghosts.... PRetty much the player ghosts should be gone now.

But now PAtchouli still has to face an army of Naga that still stand.

My tips for what to do here:

Take it easy! Don't go jumping in until your filled with mana and health. The nagas here are quite a force to be reckonded with. Especially the greater ones. Getting hit by an orb of Energy is enough to wreck nearly 2/3 of her health.

Try to get the jump on the nagas before they see you! Always stick flame them. It'll make your life easier.

Detect creature is good for planning your next action and avoiding unessary deaths.

After you sticky flame a greater naga follow up bolts of ice! It needs to be killed ASAP!

Be sure to collect your naga cropses for food, your gonna need it!

Use whatever remaining nagas and snakes to become your undead sevants! They will make great meat shields.

Finally as I can't stress enough....rest rest REST!!!! Fine a place safe, some place away from the snaky feinds!

About half of the nagas in the area are down we are getting very close to getting our hands on the Rune... I CAN FEEL IT!

Sign me up again!!

Also Affinity, if you can still come in for this go, please confrim through Ramus's message, otherwise Ramus will next and you'll be moved down to the bottom definetly as you requested.

Anyways for now. Here's the file for the next person.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
Let's continue with Suika again, in the same place as before because no one else is playing as her.  <.<

Yakkty Yak, please don't bite back.

Some centaurs protecting a slimy ring mail and scroll of identify.  Let's go get it.

It's not an understatement to say this thing sucks ass.

GOD GIFT

Okay, we have Okowaru, not Xom darn it!

Anyway, open up the Efreet-In-A-Jar...

We'll be best buds forever...

Mokou!

Mokou:  Don't worry, I'm here for you.

Urug, a unique orc.  Going by appearance, he probably hits hard.

Mokou:  No mercy!  Kill them all!
Mokou: Be careful.

Urug:  Maybe you are Suika, maybe you aren't.  It doesn't matter.

He goes down with the combined team work of Mokou shooting fire and Suika smashing them.

Geez, this guy nearly killed me with his constant rocks of death.  And then Mokou stepped in a killed him.  And what did she have to say during battle?

Mokou:  Run!  I'll cover you!

<3

Mokou:  Suika, you're my only friend.

DAWWW~ <3

Michael, a powerful spell caster.  Mokou goes bat shit on him and kills him.

Erica, another unique.  Mokou has the same result.  And an Ebony casket.  Just an ice beast jumps out.  Least to say, I disown the thing.  They eat way too much and leave a wet mess on the floor after going.  They're near impossible to train on top of that.

Mokou?  Mokou?!  MMMMOOOOOKKKKKKOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
;_;

I'll hold this sword near and dear in your memory...
All alone again in this dark dungeon of evil and doom.

Found this shop.  Bought the gloves, though I can't put them on yet, as I have cursed gloves on and no scrolls of remove curse.

FRICK

DARN IT YOU ORC DEMONOLOGIST!  SHOW YOURSELF!  THESE DON'T JUST APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR FOR NO REASON!

OH GAH! OH GAH!  FIVE HELLIONS!  The power of hell and torment is KKKKEEEEEELLLLLIIINNNGGG MMMMEEEEE!

Dead...

Sign me back up.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:54:15 PM by Ramus »

Maid Xan~

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »
[16:07] <Xan> Hey guys, this is Xan
[16:07] <Ramus> And this is Ramus.
[16:07] <Xan> And he's going to heckle me while I fail at crawl.
[16:07] <Ramus> Yes.
[16:07] <Ramus> Because you picked InuSakuya again.
[16:07] <Xan> **** you
[16:07] <Xan> I can do this.
[16:08] <Xan> I've done that many turns before.
[16:08] <Ramus> But Crawl hates it when you record it.
[16:08] <Xan> Heh.
[16:08] <Xan> It's time to put it in its place.
[16:09] <Ramus> You're going to regret those words.
[16:09] <Ramus> So yeah, let's get started.
[16:09] <Xan> Okay.
[16:09] <Ramus> What's level 1 InuSakuya look like?
[16:09] <Xan> 10HP
[16:09] <Xan> 6
[16:09] <Xan> 12
[16:09] <Xan> 18
[16:09] <Ramus> OH SHAP!
[16:09] <Ramus> SNAP*
[16:09] <Xan> ?
[16:09] <Ramus> Double digit HP?
[16:10] <Xan> Yes.
[16:10] <Xan> That's not all that unusual.
[16:10] <Ramus> This is madness!
[16:10] <Ramus> Also, 6 + 6 =12, 12 + 6 = 18.
[16:10] <Xan> L-L-L-LEVEL UP!
[16:10] <Ramus> Just pattern I noticed in the stats.
[16:10] <Xan> Off a rat.
[16:10] <Ramus> Woopie.
[16:11] <Xan> Is there ANY purpose to scrolls of paper?
[16:12] <Ramus> Yes.
[16:12] <Ramus> To piss you off.
[16:12] <Xan> Ah.
[16:12] <Ramus> And as a consequence...
[16:12] <Ramus> Make Xom laugh hard.
[16:13] <Xan> Oh wow, that nearly backfired.
[16:13] <Ramus> ?
[16:13] <Ramus> Also:  You're getting images, right?
[16:13] <Xan> Yes.
[16:14] <Ramus> So, what happened?
[16:14] <Xan> I had 1 hp, was poisoned, started chugging pots
[16:14] <Xan> First one was slow.
[16:14] <Xan> Second one was cure wounds
[16:14] <Xan> Third was healing.
[16:14] <Xan> I am so freaking lucky
[16:14] <Ramus> Potion Roulette go you out alive this time.
[16:14] <Xan> Yup.
[16:15] <Xan> And now I know the essential potions now.
[16:15] <Xan> And level 3, thanks to the snake that nearly owned me just a moment ago.
[16:15] <Ramus> Ah.
[16:15] <Ramus> How's HP doing?
[16:16] <Xan> 20HP
[16:16] <Xan> Let's see...
[16:16] <Xan> Ring of Strength +2...
[16:16] <Xan> Not great...
[16:16] <Ramus> Eh...
[16:16] <Ramus> Still allows you to hold more.
[16:16] <Xan> And a Enchant weapon 2.
[16:16] <Ramus> Oh, nice.
[16:17] <Xan> My dagger is now +1,+4
[16:17] <Ramus> Nice.
[16:18] <Xan> And now, revenge for the other day...
[16:18] <Ramus> I'm just going to post this suggestion of the Crawl's Hall of Shame Suggestions:
[16:18] <Ramus> Yaktaur Commando with gattling crossbow.
[16:18] <Ramus> And this one:
[16:18] <Ramus> Sexy Gnolls!
[16:18] <Xan> Hahaha!
[16:18] <Xan> Well, the first one would inspire people to murder you.
[16:19] <Ramus> And the second one is rule 34, 35, and/or 36.
[16:19] <Ramus> Anyway, status in game?
[16:19] <Xan> Uploading a pic.
[16:19] <Ramus> Whatcha ya floor, strangja?
[16:19] <Xan> 2
[16:20] <Xan>
[16:20] <Xan> REVENGE!
[16:20] <Xan> HAHAHA!
[16:20] <Ramus> Ramus is to Xan as Sigmund is to Worm.
[16:21] <Xan> Fuck you, Crawl hasn't been spawning Sigmund for me to raep.
[16:21] <Ramus> Sigmund only rapes fighters.
[16:21] <Ramus> Which I main as.
[16:21] <Ramus> Fighters and Paladins.
[16:21] <Xan> Indeed.
[16:21] <Xan> Well, who's fault is that?
[16:22] <Ramus> Sigmund's!
[16:22] <Ramus> He's a big meanie!
[16:22] <Xan> Also, I think the "Deaths to Sigmund" count says otherwise.
[16:23] <Ramus> http://chaosforge.org/crawl/index.php?title=Sigmund
[16:24] <Xan> Level 4
[16:25] <Ramus> Woot.
[16:25] <Ramus> What's the turn count?
[16:25] <Xan> 2205
[16:25] <Ramus> Almost half way there.
[16:25] <Ramus> So, Atem or Tewi?
[16:25] <Xan> Worship Okawaru: Y/N?
[16:26] <Ramus> N
[16:26] <Xan> Okay.
[16:26] <Ramus> Unless you want to be blessed with heavy armor.
[16:26] <Xan> Oh hey, it's a ghost.
[16:27] <Ramus> What ghost?
[16:27] <Xan> Aya
[16:27] <Xan> I THINK it is one of mine.
[16:27] <Xan> Not 100% sure.
[16:27] <Ramus> Air Elementalist?
[16:27] <Ramus> Kenku, I'd assume.
[16:27] <Xan> No...
[16:27] <Xan> Kenku Fighter.
[16:28] <Ramus> Good enough.
[16:28] <Xan> Yeah, I'm taking this as a sign that I should RUN AWAY!
[16:29] <Ramus> Yes, yes you should.
[16:29] <Ramus> Kenkus make for badass fighters.
[16:29] <Xan> It's not just that.
[16:29] <Xan> Allow me to demonstrate.
[16:29] <Xan>
[16:29] <Xan> This is what I like to call RUNNING TIEM!
[16:30] <Ramus> I don't know.
[16:30] <Ramus> You can run faster than the Kenku.
[16:30] <Ramus> And the three in front are easy picking.
[16:30] <Ramus> Oh wait, your HP.
[16:30] <Ramus> Yeah, run.
[16:30] <Xan> Thank god for teleport scrolls
[16:31] <Ramus> Another bad Crawl suggestion:
[16:31] <Ramus> "Double Sword of Double Penetration"
[16:31] <Xan> I now have mephitic cloud.
[16:31] <Ramus> You got a spell book?
[16:31] <Xan> Yes.
[16:31] <Xan> Minor Magic (Summoning)
[16:32] <Ramus> Eh, don't use it too much.
[16:32] <Ramus> Magic is powered by your stomach.
[16:33] <Xan> I don't intend to.
[16:34] <Xan> Though subbing as a mage isn't a bad idea for sprigs.
[16:34] <Ramus> Just in case situations?
[16:34] <Ramus> Another horrible suggestion:
[16:34] <Ramus> "Add an altar of scientology to the Ecumenical Temple."
[16:34] <Xan> Wow, I found an alter of Vehumet.
[16:34] <Ramus> Hmm...
[16:35] <Xan> The game is just throwing random temples at me.
[16:35] <Ramus> He may not be a bad idea.
[16:35] <Ramus> Assuming you want branch into magic.
[16:35] <Xan> Eh, not sure.
[16:35] <Ramus> So then...
[16:35] <Ramus> Tewi or Atem?
[16:36] <Xan> Uh...
[16:36] <Xan> No clue.
[16:36] <Xan> FFFFFF
[16:36] <Xan> I'm going to die.
[16:36] <Ramus> ?
[16:36] <Ramus> SCREENSHOT
[16:38] <Xan>
[16:39] <Ramus> Run up and stab her out.
[16:39] <Xan> Oh fuck, right after I die I realize I should have cast mephitic cloud.
[16:39] <Ramus> <_<
[16:39] <Ramus> So yeah, care to do Suika now?
[16:39] <Xan> No.
[16:39] <Ramus> :<
[16:39] <Xan> I'd get her killed terribly.
[16:39] <Xan> BESIDES, I WILL SHOW YOU ALL!
[16:39] <Ramus> You mean Mokou?
[16:40] <Xan> SPRIGGAN ASSASSIN IS A PERFECTLY PLAYABLE COMBINATION!
[16:40] <Ramus> Yes it is.
[16:40] <Ramus> Crawl just hates you.

Sign me back up.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »

Oh, Norbert.  Okay, he went down rather quickly.

Probably the only interesting part of this run.  I'm not sure how much of a help the great mace of crushing is, though.

And... a spiny worm, which I have never seen before.  As fast as you are, and it poisons badly and has quite HP.  Still easy to dispatch though, since with Okawaru and an amulet of the gourmand, your strength is practically at +5 all the time.

---

Made it to D:18, without a ring of resist poison in sight.  Note that unseen horrors and mimics are becoming more and more common, and thus we should keep the helmet of see invisible until we get a ring (or amulet?) that can do that.  Also found a +2 EV ring.  Yup, okay.  I never liked the orcish mines so maybe someone could go there next.

Totaku

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:55 AM »
And so... it is my turn and in my run I can say that.... I DID IT!

Where shall we begin shall we?

As we all know  Patchouli had finished resting a long fight with all the nagas and snakes. She had fully recovered so she pressed onward...

She moved on and continued her fight and to her surprise, while fighting one of the nagas she heard Mima's voice once again.

"You have done well... take this with you."

At her feet, Patchouli was gifted with another book from Mima's collect... and it was...

A Book of Frost. Seemed to be filled with some useful ice spell that could aid patchouli well. For now, she decided to keep the book for later use...
Once she took out the nagas and snakes in the area, she turns a yellow and grey snake into her undead servant and continued to the main area of the snake pit...

PAtchy then confronted a squad of Nagas which she sent her minions to remove the snaky terrors..

Heck, with grey and yellow snakes alone... her minions could take on even naga warriors.

She continued down till she discovered what she's has struggled against the army of snakes to obtain.....THE SERPENTINE RUNE OF ZOT!

Thus this completed her exploration of the snake pit. But before she left she picked up the scroll of aquierment. And asked for a book. She recived a book of Practical Magic And ok book that has it's uses.

Form it, she could learn to detect curses, remove curses, and even dig. Other skills such as project noise, and Selective Amnesisa which aren't so useful as we already have Mima to aid us with that skill. Patchouli decided to learn how to detect curses incase she runs into any items that might be cursed...

She then proceed to exterminate the remaining nagas in the dungeon...

On her way out, she battled a few snakes and... LEVEL UP!

Afterward, she proceed back to the Lair where she decided to place the rune at the top floor.

She also place a few other goods there along with and place her potions of cure mutation on the second floor next to the potions of mutation she left behind...

Patchoul got lost for a bit trying to find her next spot and she discovered another creature along the way...

The Orange Rat, the most dangerous of the rats. They may seem simple like the other rats but they are know to have bites that can drain anyone's experience. So use caution when fighting these rodents. Not that she had to worry much... she ignored them....

After running around being lost momentarly she evetually found her way to the next area on the list...

THE SWAMP!

And right when she entered...

She was greeted at the stairs by tons of creatures!

Six Slime Creatures and a 6 headed Hydra....all resting.

And I knew Patchouli's undead minions were bound to wake them up so without choice....Patchouli took a gamble and ran to the stairs down the next floor. All the creatures woke up  but were unable to see her and she successfully escaped from the madness.

On the second floor she had to deal with misquitos that would constantly chase after herfor her blood and thier infectious diesease would make her sick....

She even found a lava pit in the middle of the swamp where Lava snakes live.

Lava Snakes are dangerous snakes in thier own terms at they are capable of shoot fire at you burning your scrolls. But luckly PAtchouli's bolt of cold put them in thier place easily.

Patchouli tried to return to the first floor. She ran into another unsual creature... The swamp Drake.

A small little dragon who's breaths can release toxic clouds into the air. Breathing in the toxic gas will only result with becoming poison and possibly confused by the harmful gas. But as long as she has poison resistance, she has nothing to fear.

There was one thing however that did make her trip difficult....

Insubclitant Wisp...

These forms of gas while lack HP are made up with intense agility and roam in groups.... A warrior can stand up to these things. But with Patchouli, it's another case. Due to her frail nature.... these things acutally pose a threat and because of thier immunity to fire and ice, they are hard to damage.

Regardless her bolt of Ice managed to drive through them and damage them to the point they would be vanquished sooner or later though it was rather difficult for PAtchouli to deal with them she could only handle two or three at a time. Any more and she would be forced to retreat due to the danger they pose to her...

Course things seems to get intense of the frist floor so she returned to the second floor once against. She ran into a 5 headed hydra down there....

Hydras always come with somewhere between 5 -8 heads in general. With each head they can attack you one extra time. They are practically immune to most stat infecting magic and attacking them with slashing weapons is out of the question as it would only make them grow two heads for every one you chop off. Course if you have a flame sword or axe, then you can actually chop thier heads off with fear of them regrowing any eventually killing them!.

But what does Patchouli do against this thing? Simple...Sticky flame it, then bolt of ice it to death work on most creature. :P

Other than that...one of the thing that is making the trip in the swamp annoying.....

Gold fish....ton of them!

The water's are practically unsafe on most parts because of them and it is making Patchouli's trip very difficult.

Other than that, just your average dungeon trip in the swamps....

For now Patchouli has rested and she has gone for 5000 turns so whoever wants to play her next, sign up!

I'll have the file ready.

Also sign me up for the next round!
Now I Twitter

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 23, MoTK : 0 - did we die again?
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2009, 02:19:33 AM »
Ur wrong totaku, Hydras can be confused.. and good run thou..

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
I swear, the next time someone fails to keep the most updated Suika and Patch files in the same folder, I will track that person down and shoot him or her.  Geez.

More so, the updated Suika files... aren't updated.  AFFINITY!  <_<

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
Alright, sorry.  A case of me judging completeness via filesize, which is a bad idea.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
That file still has me at level 12.  And that's also where I say skip my turn, because I won't have any time to do this after today.  Affinity, figure out what you've done with the saves please.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2009, 01:25:14 AM »
This should work.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »
Now those are just corrupt save files.  I mean, literally corrupt, Crawl refuses to read them.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:31 PM »
One last thing before I go, I have some ghosts to add.  You guys, good luck with the file sorting stuff as whatever is going on with Affinity's files, I have no clue.  Yeah, have fun whoever is going next, and don't resign me up, I'm going to be away from the computer for a long time.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2009, 10:27:52 PM »
Gosh, this is very disturbing.  Okay, if this doesn't work, I suggest that they just continue from the level 12 savefile.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:16 AM »
It works, I might be able to do this tomorrow, depends.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »
Okay, let's get this thing going again.  We pick up with Suika again only to find out she's encumbered.  Someone got greedy.  Dropping wand of random effects.

Woop woop!  Guess where I go?

But I first investigate this metal fortress.  Also, +4,+2 Mace of Crushing, taking this for a test ride.  Eh, I prefer having a shield.

Wait, Yaktuar Captains this early?  No, going back.

After a quick stop in the Hive to dump stuff, here we are.  Later, I get a lame shield of life protection.  Our other shield already covers that.  Amulet of Resist Mutation found.

Snake Pit.  Yay.  Let's go!

Got a scimitar of flaming, so we're set for any variety of enemy.

Harold, an evil bounty hunter.  Suika smashes his face in.  God gift!

Eh...

+0,-6 b >_O  Drop it.  Michael, too, another unique, we've seen him before.  Result the same.  Another god gift, +0 splint mail of cold resistance, dropping.

Food store, yay...

Stopping there, since I'm exactly on the turn limit.  Not much happened since I was busy backtracking which ate up a lot of turns.
The snakes are easy to kill, as are the naga, Suika should be able to reach the mages before they have a chance to hurt her, so have fun!  I expect Suika to have at least two runes by the time I get back in two and a half weeks.

This folder should have the updated Suika files, updated Patchouli files, and the updated bone files.  So we should be good with just this file.  Have fun!  And Xan, good luck with InuSakuya.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
With me this time was Rabbit.

[09:36] <Rabbit> Okay
[09:36] <Rabbit> So, Crawl
[09:37] <Rabbit> A very existential sort of name
[09:37] <Xan> Indeed.
[09:37] <Rabbit> Is it a metaphor for people? Do we just crawl around on our elbows and knees
[09:37] <Rabbit> Searching for loot to make us more successful at life
[09:37] <Rabbit> Until at last we meet our match and die, and it's all for nothing
[09:37] <Xan> Good question.
[09:38] <Xan> I think it's more of a description of what this game will reduce you to.
[09:38] <Rabbit> Sounds like an acquired taste
[09:39] <Xan> Not exactly. It's fun, it just likes killing you. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
[09:39] <Rabbit> So I take it there's some sort of big bad evil guy at the end of Crawl
[09:39] <Rabbit> You know, like Morgoth on his throne in Angband?
[09:40] <Xan> No.
[09:40] <Xan> Just a fancy artifact.
[09:40] <Rabbit> and the point of the game, ostensibly, is to find this fancy artifact?
[09:40] <Xan> Guarded by Dragons, Half-Dragons, Fetuses, and Clowns.
[09:40] <Xan> Yes.
[09:41] <Rabbit> Are they dragon fetuses?
[09:41] <Rabbit> and dragon clowns?
[09:41] <Xan> No.
[09:41] <Xan>
[09:41] <Xan> Looks innocent, doesn't it.
[09:41] <Rabbit> Uh Xan, I don't think we're in Shrinemaiden anymore...
[09:42] <Xan> I need the tags for when I post this.
[09:42] <Rabbit> It was more a general wizard of oz joke
[09:42] <Xan> Ah.
[09:42] <Rabbit> But that works too
[09:42] <Xan> Yeh.
[09:42] <Rabbit> So it seems that you can't see ye place.
[09:43] <Xan> Sight radius, yah know?
[09:43] <Xan> Gotta explore.
[09:43] <Rabbit> and when a place is out of sight, does it become hidden again?
[09:43] <Xan> Well, it still shows up on the map.
[09:43] <Xan> You just can't tell if monsters have wandered in.
[09:44] <Rabbit> On the positive side, you don't have to keep your own map.
[09:44] <Xan> Yup.
[09:44] <Xan>
[09:44] <Xan> WHAT IS THIS?
[09:44] <Xan> A KOBOLD AND A RAT?
[09:44] <Xan> I'M GOING TO DIE!
[09:45] <Rabbit> Well, isn't that your job?
[09:45] <Rabbit> You are the dog of the Scarlet Devil
[09:45] <Xan> ;_;
[09:45] <Rabbit> That's where the expression "die like dogs" came from right?
[09:45] <Rabbit> As an aside, dog is pretty tasty.
[09:46] <Xan> ;____;
[09:46] <Rabbit> So why InuSakuya?
[09:47] <Xan> Because I'm playing as a spriggan assassin and normal Sakuya is too large.
[09:47] <Rabbit> So she was an assassin, and thus had to be Sakuya
[09:47] <Rabbit> But a spriggan is too short.
[09:47] <Xan> Indeed.
[09:48] <Xan> And Inusakuya is small.
[09:48] <Xan> And SO MOE I WILL DIE!
[09:48] <Rabbit> Couldn't this spriggan assassin be one of the Prismrivers? You know, a musical assassin.
[09:48] <Xan> I guess.
[09:48] <Xan> But I haet the Prismrivers.
[09:48] <Xan> L-l-l-LEVEL UP!
[09:49] <Rabbit> Haet is such a strong word.
[09:49] <Rabbit> (But I really, really, really don't like you)
[09:49] <Rabbit> Oh god, I can't believe I just did that.
[09:49] <Xan> ;_;
[09:49] <Xan> Is that a song reference?
[09:49] <Rabbit> Yeah.
[09:50] <Rabbit> Don't know why I know it. I just do somehow.
[09:50] <Xan> Okay.
[09:50] <Xan> I know the feeling.
[09:50] <Rabbit> Getting back on track for a moment, what exactly are you trying to do at this point in the game?
[09:51] <Xan> Survive?
[09:52] <Rabbit> That's more of a goal for the game in general.
[09:53] <Xan> Yeah.
[09:53] <Rabbit> I hear you guys talking about various areas of the game and how you should have some kind of strategy or approach.
[09:53] <Xan> Yeah, well, right now, I'm getting to the point where all that stuff applies
[09:54] <Xan> At this point, my strategy is:Poke stuff until it dies. If it doesn't die, run away.
[09:54] <Rabbit> Oh I see. Now that I look at the last screenshot, you're only Level 1
[09:54] <Xan> Yeah.
[09:54] <Xan> I have leveled up since then.
[09:55] <Xan> I wonder how many laws I have broken so far?
[09:55] <Rabbit> Wouldn't it be easier if you could find some way to broadcast your screen?
[09:55] <Xan> Does killing kobolds count as murder?
[09:55] <Rabbit> Rather than uploading screenshots to photobucket?
[09:56] <Rabbit> Well...not "murder" as such.
[09:56] <Rabbit> Murder is causing the death of a human being, according to the Fatal Offences Act
[09:56] <Rabbit> Also known as the Homicide  Act. I can't law today.
[09:56] <Xan> Okay.
[09:57] <Rabbit> I'm sure there's some separate offence for causing the death of sub-human species'
[09:58] <Xan> Yeah.
[09:59] <Xan> Anyhow, it's all self defence, I assure you.
[09:59] <Xan> Except the ones I stap in their sleep.
[10:00] <Rabbit> I'm pretty sure they were dreaming of killing you anyway.
[10:00] <Xan> Yeah.
[10:00] <Xan> Or perhaps we're just getting paranoid.
[10:01] <Rabbit> What else would Kobolds dream of?
[10:01] <Rabbit> Draconic sheep?
[10:01] <Rabbit> Yeah, I went there.
[10:01] <Xan> Well, it's possible.
[10:01] <Xan> There are Half-Dragon SHAMBLING MOUNDS.
[10:02] <Rabbit> Oh god don't remind me.
[10:02] <Xan> Could someone explain how that's even POSSIBLE?
[10:02] <Rabbit> They were Fairy Dragons.
[10:03] <Rabbit> Alternate theory: Dragon polymorphs into elf.
[10:04] <Xan> >_>
[10:04] <Rabbit> After living in elven society for so long, he begins to pick up the attitudes and mannerisms of elves.
[10:04] <Rabbit> Including tree-hugging.
[10:04] <Xan> That's tree-hugging, not tree-****ing
[10:04] <Rabbit> Except that because it's a Fairy Dragon it has no sense of perspective or proportion and takes it to the point where it becomes a sport.
[10:04] <Xan> Besides, it was a green dragon.
[10:04] <Rabbit> EXTREME tree-hugging.
[10:05] <Xan> Yes, a GREEN dragon.
[10:05] <Rabbit> Fairy dragon makes more sense.
[10:05] <Rabbit> Or did you just encounter a green dragon?
[10:06] <Xan> No.
[10:06] <Xan> I won't be seeing THOSE any time soon.
[10:06] <Rabbit> Good thing, I guess.
[10:07] <Rabbit> Okay, so for the sake of continuing this theory, a green dragon.
[10:07] <Rabbit> Among the most cunning and brutal of dragonkind
[10:07] <Rabbit> Trust a green dragon to invent the potentially lethal sport of EXTREME tree-hugging
[10:07] <Xan> Fair enough.
[10:08] <Rabbit> So a series of challenges and many dead elves brought the sport to its natural conclusion - the competitors would have to try and hug a Shambling Mound.
[10:09] <Xan> I see.
[10:09] <Xan> Interesting theory.
[10:09] <Rabbit> However, the resemblance of the anatomy of this plant-like creature to anything humanoid is questionable at best.
[10:09] <Rabbit> So in the end it was purely by accident.
[10:09] <Xan> Yeah.
[10:09] <Rabbit> The rest is, as they say, history.
[10:09] <Rabbit> Or did you think I was going to be writing some kind of slash fic involving tree rape?
[10:10] <Rabbit> Is that all I am to you Xan?
[10:10] <Rabbit> An outlet for your darker fetishes?
[10:10] <Xan> No.
[10:10] <Xan> Your the one who brought it up.
[10:10] <Xan> UncertainKitten does all the fetish stuff.
[10:11] <Rabbit> As I recall you were the one who brought up Half-Dragon Shambling Mounds.
[10:12] <Xan> True, but I wasn't thinking about that >_>
[10:12] <Rabbit> You wanted to know how it was possible.
[10:12] <Rabbit> I obliged.
[10:13] <Xan> As I recall, the actual reason was that said green dragon was obsessed with creating an empire consisting of itself and its spawn, and was thus obsessively creating half dragon creatures...
[10:13] <Rabbit> Oh did they actually come up with a reason?
[10:14] <Xan> Yes.
[10:14] <Rabbit> I kinda figured it was one of those oversights in the Draconomicon that no one ever bothered to patch up.
[10:14] <Xan> Nah.
[10:14] <Xan> The Draconomicon was fairly well fleshed out.
[10:15] <Rabbit> I'll take your word for it. I haven't read it.
[10:15] <Xan> I haven't read the 4E one yet, mind you.
[10:16] <Rabbit> Speaking of 4Ed, I really like the Avenger class in PHB2
[10:16] <Rabbit> particularly the assassin paragon path that they have
[10:16] <Xan> Well, we've got room for another person in our game, I think...
[10:17] <Rabbit> Is this Stuffman's game or Pesco's?
[10:17] <Xan> Stuffman's.
[10:17] <Xan> Pesco's is vaporware.
[10:17] <Rabbit> I see.
[10:17] <Rabbit> But then their role is striker and I get the feeling you guys have a lot of strikers as it is.
[10:17] <Rabbit> Just taking a wild guess.
[10:18] <Xan> Nah.
[10:18] <Xan> Not really.
[10:18] <Xan> We're starting a new campaign because the last one died.
[10:18] <Xan> Soooo.
[10:18] <Xan> Yeah, we could use you.
[10:20] <Rabbit> Sounds cool.
[10:20] <Rabbit> So you guys are playing Sunday?
[10:21] <Xan> yes.
[10:21] <Rabbit> What time?
[10:21] <Xan> Uh...
[10:21] <Xan> Ask stuffman, he knows timezones better than I do.
[10:22] <Xan> BACK TO CRAWL!
[10:22] <Rabbit> Yes, anyway.
[10:22] <Rabbit> Tree rape is not okay kids.
[10:23] <Rabbit> So concerning Crawl, has your situation improved at all?
[10:23] <Rabbit> Or are you still having to run away from anything and everything?
[10:24] <Xan> FFF, I died.
[10:24] <Xan> Fire applied directly to the forehead is bad, kids.
[10:26] <Rabbit> So death is permanent in this game.
[10:26] <Xan> Yeah.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2009, 01:50:41 AM »
Quick question: Ver. 0.5.0 just came out, so while I won't be able to test the current game files for compatibility until tomorrow, will you guys stick to the older version?

Maid Xan~

« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »
Quick question: Ver. 0.5.0 just came out, so while I won't be able to test the current game files for compatibility until tomorrow, will you guys stick to the older version?

We're sticking with this version, I would assume.

The Astral Pancake

• Lurker McLurkington
  • ZOT
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2009, 02:25:35 AM »
I did some testing with the new version and it looks like the saves are not compatible.

At least if the thing that says that Patchouli is a level 0 Yak of Sif Muna is correct.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »
Ah, what a shame... I'll have to dig up an old version for the other computer. Thanks for checking it out.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »
Oh gosh.  Got smitted to death by someone while being teleported to the middle of greater nagas on the final floor.  Also got hit by rot from death oozes and acid blobs.  So well, next.

Don't sign me up for now.

Totaku

Re: Crawl Relay Run - Game: 25, MoTK : 0 - yeah, i guess we did
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »
Ok this run was terrible that's all I'll say...

Long story short. Patchouli started off fine at she continued her trip through the swamp...

She returned to the first floor. To try to clear out the area..

However it was more than she could bargin for...

Basiclly it wasn't the wisps that bothered her, nor the snakes, nor the hydra....

It was rather...the swamp worms....

apperntly the area was filled with them and they managed to make it impossible for her to escape at one point as she was exhuasted from magic and lacked health and so trying find dry land to escape the worm she end up being surprised attack from in the water by more swamp warms.....

And so Patchouli died....

Sign me up for another round I'll get to it later...

However, I'd also like to say for everyone who's watcing this thread....
Sign up and join you guys! We need some more players to play through Suika and Patchouli! I'd hate to be the only one playing this!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:44:39 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter