Author Topic: Netplay fails for 12.3 but works for SWR (fixed)  (Read 1596 times)

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
Netplay fails for 12.3 but works for SWR (fixed)
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »
Hi :) It's a very odd problem but I cannot play 12.3 with a friend over the Internet even though we have no problem doing netplay with SWR, and we used to be able to play together when we were both using Windows 7. Both games use the same IP and port, of course, and firewalls and NAT have been sorted out as evidenced by SWR working (we can also do FTP and the like without any problem). It takes several seconds for 12.3 to reach the "Connection Failed" stage, and we are both using Windows 7 with up-to-date DirectX and the 1.10 patch.

Given that the game used to work, it seemed relatively likely that Windows 7 is the culprit but I can't think of anything else to try... netstat indicates the game does open up a port, Googling didn't bring up anything other than this but this isn't particularly specific.

Thanks a lot to anybody who tries to help :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:37:29 AM by Aliquantic »

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
Re: Netplay fails for 12.3 but works for SWR
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 02:36:06 AM »
 ::) For future reference, check the SWR path when doing netplay... one of us had SWR located in a Windows XP folder, and the path was broken by the update. It's so obvious in retrospect, of course (it'd be nice if the game actually displayed a relevant error message, though!).

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: Netplay fails for 12.3 but works for SWR (fixed)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:47:17 AM »
have you tried hosting through a program like hamachi or tunngle?

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess