Author Topic: Vjoy changing number of lives in Practice Mode  (Read 1927 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Vjoy changing number of lives in Practice Mode
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:10:24 AM »
At other people's suggestion, I've started using Vjoy (Virtual Joystick) for remapping my keys for Touhou on Windows 7 (because Mefidex's key remapper apparently doesn't work right anymore). However, having this thing activated causes a weird effect on certain stages in Practice Mode. Sometimes when playing a level, instead of starting with a full life stock, it has me start with 3 lives (extra lives here, so 3 stars full). At first, this only seemed temporary, as leaving the level and selecting it again fixed the problem. However, now I've come across a few stages (UFO Stages 3, 5, and 6) for which this effect appears permanent, so now I'd rather get rid of the problem entirely. But I have no idea why Vjoy is resetting my life count in the first place, and thus I have no idea how to fix it. Is there anyone else here who uses Vjoy and might know something about all this?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.