Author Topic: EoSD lag with vSync?  (Read 1881 times)

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
EoSD lag with vSync?
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:16 AM »
I've been using vSync with EoSD, and I've been experiencing some random lag jumps, where it jumps to 45 fps briefly, then goes back to 60.

Also, Remilia's spellcards seem to be really unstable with vSync. Or is it just the spells themselves? It's most notable in Thousand Needle Mountain (and it's other difficulty counterparts), where there's an immense lag spike. This makes impossible dodging possible for me in it, so I can actually capture it, but I don't see it as very fair, nor do I want to continue it, since I wouldn't be gaining anything at all.

Anything that can help with this?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: EoSD lag with vSync?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:01:08 AM »
That sounds more like your graphics card is having issues with it. I bet you that if you don't use vsync, you'll have the same issues. (I would think) Have you updated your graphics drivers from the manufacturer? And have you updated DirectX?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Re: EoSD lag with vSync?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »
If you have a weak graphics card, try disabling the fog and/or using 16 bits. I'm currently using an old laptop and that gives a massive performance gain. Also, have you tried changing between fullscreen/window?