Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 225015 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:48 AM »
> Would it be faster to get the car?

>Probably not.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:20 AM »
> "Ugh, it's pretty far. We need to hustle."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 12:15:12 AM »
> "Ugh, it's pretty far. We need to hustle."

>"Eh, she'll be fine if it takes an extra few minutes," says Archer. "What's she going to do? Complain a bit?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 12:43:24 AM »
> "Well, given where she wants to meet, I'd say there's a non-negligible chance she's the kind of person that expects to have her demands met. Let's hurry."
> Keep up a brisk pace.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 01:46:42 AM »
> "Well, given where she wants to meet, I'd say there's a non-negligible chance she's the kind of person that expects to have her demands met. Let's hurry."
> Keep up a brisk pace.

>You keep up a brisk pace, and find yourself panting and jelly-legged by the time you reach the restaurant.
>Making your way in, you look around and see there is a lunchtime rush well in session. You also notice a woman in a nun's habit sitting at a booth in the back, who is definitely looking your way and sizing you up.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2018, 03:00:08 AM »
> Address the employee.
> "Huff...huff...hi, we're here to meet with the Sister Gibson there in the back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2018, 03:17:36 AM »
> Address the employee.
> "Huff...huff...hi, we're here to meet with the Sister Gibson there in the back."

>"Sure, seat yourself," says the waitress who was approaching. She hands you the pair of menus she was carrying.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2018, 03:35:31 AM »
> "Th-thanks."
> Walk over to the nun's booth. This is awkward.
> "Uh...hello. I'm Lily. You must be Sister Gibson."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2018, 04:00:03 AM »
> "Th-thanks."
> Walk over to the nun's booth. This is awkward.
> "Uh...hello. I'm Lily. You must be Sister Gibson."

>"That's right," she says. She gestures toward the opposite side of the booth for you to have a seat. "So, you're involved in all that Grail hoopla, right?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:11 AM »
> Go ahead and slide in. Lean in to talk quietly.
> "...Is it okay to discuss it in the open like this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:07 AM »
> Go ahead and slide in. Lean in to talk quietly.
> "...Is it okay to discuss it in the open like this?"

>"As long as you're discreet, and have the good sense not to shout over the crowd, I don't see what the problem is," says Sister Gibson. "I'm assuming you're going to have the good sense to do that, if you're one of those magus people."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:39 AM »
> Nod, and ease up a bit. Still talk quietly, though.
> "Anyway, yes. Are you the overseer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43:11 AM »
> Nod, and ease up a bit. Still talk quietly, though.
> "Anyway, yes. Are you the overseer?"

>"Well. I'm supposed to be," she says. "Hmmm. Why do you order first, then we'll go into more details. And...you know what, tell me what I want to know, and I'll cover your bill, alright?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2018, 06:01:40 AM »
> Supposed to be? That isn't encouraging...
> "HOT DAMN" "Hm, alright. Well, I was hoping for a chance to be forthcoming anyway."
> Open up the menu.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2018, 06:28:22 AM »
> Supposed to be? That isn't encouraging...
> "HOT DAMN" "Hm, alright. Well, I was hoping for a chance to be forthcoming anyway."
> Open up the menu.

>You check the menu, and see that yeah, it's it's kind of pricey...
>"So," Sister Gibson says, "You're Lily and you're..."
>"Archer," says your servant. "Nice to meet you and stuff."
>"Ah, interesting," she says. "You look surprisingly normal, in a sense."
>"In a sense?"
>"Well, your clothing is a little..."
>"A little what? I like my wolf shirt. It's like a tapestry some puffed up earl would pay way too much for, only it's useful too."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »
> Giggle a bit. "I should probably get around to getting you something that actually fits, though."
> Look over the menu. We don't want to go nuts here, just in case she has a question we don't want to answer...
> We'll get the chicken sandwich. (For $15, this better be the best damn chicken sandwich we've ever had.)
> "Do you like seafood, Archer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2018, 08:50:31 PM »
> Giggle a bit. "I should probably get around to getting you something that actually fits, though."
> Look over the menu. We don't want to go nuts here, just in case she has a question we don't want to answer...
> We'll get the chicken sandwich. (For $15, this better be the best damn chicken sandwich we've ever had.)
> "Do you like seafood, Archer?"

>"I don't mind it too much, I'm used to hand-me-downs," Archer says.
>The waitress comes and takes you order. Archer angles from a grilled scottish salmon. Well, at least she didn't go for the most expensive things...
>"Oh yeah, I used to fish all the time," she says. "Well, I set up weirs, mostly."
>"So," Sister Gibson says. "I'll be blunt. Just what the heck is going on here?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »
> "Okay, well, uh...so far all I know is that somebody started a Grail War without any of the major magic families knowing about it, and they don't seem happy...meanwhile, at least one, uh, non-magical but highly influential individual seemed to be well prepared for it."
> "I'm just a random that got picked, so I don't really know anything...I was hoping you'd be the one to explain it to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »
> "Okay, well, uh...so far all I know is that somebody started a Grail War without any of the major magic families knowing about it, and they don't seem happy...meanwhile, at least one, uh, non-magical but highly influential individual seemed to be well prepared for it."
> "I'm just a random that got picked, so I don't really know anything...I was hoping you'd be the one to explain it to me."

>She frowns, and then nods. "I suppose I can tell you, we certainly didn't see it coming either. I'm just part of the relic division and they dumped it in my lap! Just a few days ago, I was at Harvard helping test out what we're reasonably sure is the 26th piece of silver, and then I get a a dossier and a travel budget, and told to investigate the 728th claim to the Holy Grail."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2018, 11:17:09 PM »
> "Does that mean that in the previous Grail Wars, the magic families informed the church ahead of time to request an overseer?"
> "It sounds like someone tried to slip one in under the radar so that nobody else could prepare. I wonder if someone set this up hoping to get a cheap win."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:32 AM »
> "Does that mean that in the previous Grail Wars, the magic families informed the church ahead of time to request an overseer?"
> "It sounds like someone tried to slip one in under the radar so that nobody else could prepare. I wonder if someone set this up hoping to get a cheap win."

>"That's how I understand it, at least," says Sister Gibson. "Or we were able to track it ourselves. As you said, apparently the magus families in Europe and Asia are in a total uproar over this."
>"I wonder if that's possible?" she says as you lay out your hypothesis. "I'm just the person who's nearest by, so to speak. They're going to send an executor, but apparently flights are just a nightmare right now, even if they used their own service. And they'd have to free one up. to start with..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2018, 12:43:30 AM »
> "So you're sort of an emergency overseer? Um, just how much information does your dossier have?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:25 AM »
> "So you're sort of an emergency overseer? Um, just how much information does your dossier have?"

>"It has enough," she says. "Why?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2018, 01:21:08 AM »
> "Listen, there's just one thing I really need to know. How does the Grail War handle a formal surrender?"
> "Let's say we defeat the enemy servant and capture the master. Is there a way to force them to relinquish their command seals so I don't have to kill them? Or failing that, any way for them to officially concede and take them out of the game? I really don't want to have to kill them if I can avoid it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2018, 01:25:35 AM »
> "Listen, there's just one thing I really need to know. How does the Grail War handle a formal surrender?"
> "Let's say we defeat the enemy servant and capture the master. Is there a way to force them to relinquish their command seals so I don't have to kill them? Or failing that, any way for them to officially concede and take them out of the game? I really don't want to have to kill them if I can avoid it."

>"Ah, that," she says. "This is something that we can do; if a Master truly wishes to withdraw, before or after defeat, it is a rite we can administer. Usually. But...I am not sure if we actually can in this case."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2018, 01:33:16 AM »
> Frown. A lot.
> "Why?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2018, 01:37:27 AM »
> Frown. A lot.
> "Why?"

>"Because we don't know if this is a "proper" one with all the systems in place, or if it's some kind of weird bootleg one or what," says Sister Gibson, frowning. "I don't know if it'll work until I try it."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2018, 01:39:51 AM »
> Sigh. "Okay. I guess that's better than nothing."
> "How should I contact you, if I find myself in that position?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2018, 02:28:32 AM »
> Sigh. "Okay. I guess that's better than nothing."
> "How should I contact you, if I find myself in that position?"

>"I'm working at Our Lady of Guadalupe down in Roxanna," says Sister Gibson. "But as you can see, I'm kind of all over the place trying to get some kind of information on what's been going on. I know there's other masters in the region, but you're the first one I've been able to find. I even left notes with all the local parishes!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2018, 02:46:22 AM »
> "That explains that. The poor guy at the church looked so confused."
> "Oh, I have a sort of ceasefire agreement with Lancer's master. Let me see if she wants to talk."
> Get out our phone and text Lancer.
> "I found the overseer and I'm meeting with her now. Does Kimimela want to talk to her?"