Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 95465 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2017, 12:52:36 AM »
>"It would help with the rest of your detection abilities, and if we can disable it quickly enough...."

>"We would need to find a way to ensure they couldn't simply reestablish the jamming once we separate." Haruka hums thoughtfully for a couple of seconds. "Hiyori might be able to help in that regard. And Subala. Both of them are not only skilled at defensive magic, they know how to find holes in defensive magics. If your power can scatter the Blood's jamming field, my Sisters might be able to keep it scattered. In the event you can't."

« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2017, 01:27:44 AM »
>Nod thoughtfully

« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:45 AM »
>Nod thoughtfully

>"I hadn't put a great deal of thought into the possibility of countering the Blood's jamming field. I should discuss this with my Sisters. If you'll excuse me for a bit?"

« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2017, 01:55:28 AM »
>"Of course."

« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2017, 02:04:21 AM »
>"Of course."

>Haruka nods and departs.

« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2017, 02:23:19 AM »
>To Minoriko: "Is there anything else you'd like me to go over before we start this?"

« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2017, 02:29:41 AM »
>To Minoriko: "Is there anything else you'd like me to go over before we start this?"

>Carnation turns her head to look at Youmu. "Well, if we're going to be fighting Youmu, I should tell you that she's strong. I might not have the same sort of sense for that sort of thing that you or the others do, but even I could tell she's very powerful. The power she has feels different compared to that of the other mikos. The Protectors might be powerful as a group, but we can't afford to ignore Youmu. Not if we want to win."

« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:12 AM »
>"Different how?"
>Did we notice a similar thing?

« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2017, 02:58:38 AM »
>"Different how?"
>Did we notice a similar thing?

>"I don't know. It just didn't feel like the sort of magic the other shrines maidens have been using."
>You did not. But you haven't had your senses trained on Youmu when she's using her magic either.

« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2017, 03:07:47 AM »
>"Hmmm.... I'll keep it in mind."
>Chuckle
>"It seems there's a great many things I'm keeping in mind for this upcoming exercise."

« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
>"Hmmm.... I'll keep it in mind."
>Chuckle
>"It seems there's a great many things I'm keeping in mind for this upcoming exercise."

>Carnation's chuckle accentuates yours. Then she sobers, looking at the training Youmu. "Lotus... we CAN beat them, right?"

« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2017, 05:05:15 AM »
>"Of course we can. The stakes are lower than the battles that we usually fight and ultimately it may not 'matter' a great deal whether we win or lose, but I'm confident we can do it."

« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2017, 05:34:46 AM »
>"Of course we can. The stakes are lower than the battles that we usually fight and ultimately it may not 'matter' a great deal whether we win or lose, but I'm confident we can do it."

>Your comrade nods, seemingly reassured. "I don't mean to sound like I'm worrying, but... That first fight we had with the Protectors was so spur of the moment, it was easy to get caught up in what was happening. But knowing that there's a big fight coming, knowing we'll be basically walking into the enemies' territory... That's something else."

« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2017, 05:44:25 AM »
>"I know. But at least you can go into it with the knowledge that this time, at least, it's okay if we lose."
>Put a gentle hand on her shoulder
>"But I have faith in you."

« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2017, 06:11:18 AM »
>"I know. But at least you can go into it with the knowledge that this time, at least, it's okay if we lose."
>Put a gentle hand on her shoulder
>"But I have faith in you."

>She smiles, more certainly. "Thank you, Lotus."

« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
>Let's while away the time until we're due to reassemble for this exercise

« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2017, 05:10:33 AM »
>Let's while away the time until we're due to reassemble for this exercise

>At first you turn your attention to Youmu, trying to glean some more information about the unusual sensation of her magic that Minoriko reported. And the feeling of her aura is different from other people, not the same as a human or youkai or anything else. But the half-ghost does not use her magic against her new sparring partner. What you do see leads you to hope that Reisen's Saber spectrum is the one that ends up challenging her. Youmu is amazingly skilled with the katana that she wields, a katana that has a magical aura all its own about it. In thinking about, it's a bit of surprise that of the six members of your group, only one of you has any kind of pronounced skill in melee. If Carnation does, she hasn't shown it yet. You wonder if some more recruitment might compensate for that shortcoming, but you set that aside for the moment. Aside from the fact that you don't seem able to control the power suite of your fellow magical girls, you're leery of bringing in altogether too many people into your circle.
>But plenty of time to ponder that later. You've got an exercise to win and a tie to break. You slowly assemble with the other members of your group, taking stock of all their conditions. Of course they're all healthy, this room makes sure of that, but you want to make sure that they're all rested enough to tackle a challenge like this. Every one of them assures you that they are. Especially Chrysanthemum. You know her well enough to know that she isn't taking her loss to Cynthia and Wataru entirely well. But you also know that she won't let her temper get the better of her, not in this circumstance. She'll perform well, of that you have no doubt.

>Cinnamon and Poppy are the last of the group to assemble, the blonde fairy busily finishing off the remnants of what you believe to be an oversized cinnamon roll. Her other hand is still holding Poppys'. You wonder if they've been like that since they left. But you have no concerns about the two of them functioning well together. The only pairing you have any pause about is your own, and even then, you don't think Sen will be entirely difficult to work with. You understand where she's coming from, and there's no doubting her commitment to winning.
>Haruka stands before the assembled dozen women and fans her wings, asking for attention. "I see we are all here. Are we all ready?"
>Your group and hers respond in the affirmative, Sen and Carnation with more verve than the others. Haruka looks over her shoulder towards Kenyu and his group. The tall firefighter holds up one fist in reply, and the other five members of his group do likewise. Haruka nods and pulls a silver-colored ofuda from her robes. It glows softly for a moment and you feel a powerful flow of magic fill the air around you. A magic not like that of the shrine. It feels familiar vaguely, but the memory escapes you at the moment.
>The air around you blurs briefly and the area around you changes. You find yourself standing in front of a large building with the signage "Mayoiga International Airport" in large letters over the door.
>"Impressive." Chrysanthemum remarks.

« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2017, 05:45:22 AM »
>To Kiku: Have you ever been involved in similar training exercises to this yourself?
>Are Kenyu's group still in evidence, or did this space creation magic already place them further inside the airport?

« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2017, 06:50:23 AM »
>To Kiku: Have you ever been involved in similar training exercises to this yourself?
>Are Kenyu's group still in evidence, or did this space creation magic already place them further inside the airport?

>Not personally. My temple does not have this sort of magic available to it. Lotus, did that magic sensation feel different to you?
>You cannot see them. Based on where they were standing, the building would have materialized around them, placing them inside the building already.

« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2017, 06:57:18 AM »
>It did not feel like shrine magic, if that's what you mean. There was something... strangely familiar about it, though, but I can't quite place it.

« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »
>It did not feel like shrine magic, if that's what you mean. There was something... strangely familiar about it, though, but I can't quite place it.

>It was unlike anything I could recognize. And it was too brief for me to gain a sense of where it came from. Not without using my own Prime magic, and I have been hesitant to do that here.

« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »
>You suspect that would give your identity away?

« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:20 AM »
>You suspect that would give your identity away?

>Yes. A Prime shrine maiden with sufficient power and skill might recognize me using that power even through the glamor that conceals our identity.

« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2017, 07:19:24 AM »
>Here I should probably admit that Youmu did recognize me through this guise. Why me specifically, I don't know; we're classmates, but she didn't recognize Rin in the same manner.

« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »
>Here I should probably admit that Youmu did recognize me through this guise. Why me specifically, I don't know; we're classmates, but she didn't recognize Rin in the same manner.

>Chrysanthemum's eyes widen briefly but she gets them under control quickly. That is unexpected.

« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2017, 07:29:59 AM »
>Very. She confronted me about it shortly after I arrived. I think we can trust her, though. To be honest, I feel somewhat awkward concealing our identities from our allies here, now that the corruption amid the shrines has been excised.

« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »
>Very. She confronted me about it shortly after I arrived. I think we can trust her, though. To be honest, I feel somewhat awkward concealing our identities from our allies here, now that the corruption amid the shrines has been excised.

>The fewer people that know our true identities, the better the odds of our remaining enemies learning that information. Kiku points out.

« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:35 AM »
>I can't argue with that. But I still feel a bit bad about it, though - as if we weren't willing to trust these people who are already placing their trust in us.

« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »
>I can't argue with that. But I still feel a bit bad about it, though - as if we weren't willing to trust these people who are already placing their trust in us.

>Are you contemplating revealing yourself?

« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
>Well, not right now, at least. But I feel like I might owe it as a gesture of trust to Haruka, at least.
>The issue, of course, is that my own identity might give away the identities of several of our companions, and I'm not sure those are my secrets to tell.