Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157534 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #960 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:52 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Why are we even answering this? We said we were done talking about it, and we have no need to justify ourselves to the privileged.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #961 on: June 02, 2011, 03:25:48 AM »
>Shiki: "And you are certain of this?"
>"How is it that you can know for sure what she would have wanted? After all, you've already said that you didn't ask her about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: June 02, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »
>Emotion Engulfer: "Because I know her. I know the kind of person she is. I lived with her for ages! Stop asking like it's your business!"
>Pick a direction and leave.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #963 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:55 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Why are we even answering this? We said we were done talking about it, and we have no need to justify ourselves to the privileged.
>Screw this.

>Shiki: "And you are certain of this?"
>"How is it that you can know for sure what she would have wanted? After all, you've already said that you didn't ask her about it."
>Emotion Engulfer: "Because I know her. I know the kind of person she is. I lived with her for ages! Stop asking like it's your business!"
>Pick a direction and leave.
>You run away. You keep running. You don't seem to be heading anywhere in the gap space, although you seem to be getting farther from Eiki.
>"You're pathetic."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #964 on: June 02, 2011, 03:51:30 AM »
>Superego Superhero: We're not humoring that voice the Yama's been hearing, either. Find a way out of here.

>Pare Yuyutons: "Yukari dear, which do you think we should talk with? I think I'm getting a little curious, myself~"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #965 on: June 02, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »
>Shiki: "I would assume she cannot get out of here on her own, correct, Yukari?"
>"Keep her in here for now, and give me a gap to the Palace of the Earth Spirits. I think I'm going to see about bringing Satori here to talk to her sister."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:55:01 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #966 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:00 AM »
>Superego Superhero: We're not humoring that voice the Yama's been hearing, either. Find a way out of here.
>You keep running. You keep running into the eye-filled void. You keep running-
>"-away from your problems, you coward."
>You never seem to get anywhere. You are now totally alone.

>Pare Yuyutons: "Yukari dear, which do you think we should talk with? I think I'm getting a little curious, myself~"
>"Why not both?"

>Shiki: "I would assume she cannot get out of here on her own, correct, Yukari?"
>"No, she can't."

>"Keep her in here for now, and give me a gap to the Palace of the Earth Spirits. I think I'm going to see about bringing Satori here to talk to her sister."
>"This just gets more and more interesting."
>It takes past a minute for the gap to open.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:42 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Can we hear Shiki?
>If so: "Yes, call for the victim to be punished. I can see exactly what kind of "justice" I could expect from the likes of you."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #968 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:41 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Can we hear Shiki?
>No, you cannot.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #969 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:07 AM »
>Shiki: Enter the gap.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #970 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:40 AM »
>Id Irritant: Conceal ourselves from prying eyes. Examine gaps that appear in the future for an appropriate escape route.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: June 02, 2011, 04:06:53 AM »
>Superego Soldier: Regret ever trying to help these people, it's clear they don't care about anyone but themselves. That they had no intentions of actually assisting us. Just a pawn in their machinations, it seems.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #972 on: June 02, 2011, 04:10:17 AM »
>Shiki: Enter the gap.
>You enter the gap and find yourself at the entrance of the Palace o the Earth Spirits.

>Id Irritant: Conceal ourselves from prying eyes. Examine gaps that appear in the future for an appropriate escape route.
>You conceal yourself just in case somebody's watching, and keep and eye on your surroundings in case a gap appears.
>"Coward. Running away from Eiki, refusing to face your family, and most of all running from your true self. If you can't accept the resentment and other baggage that comes with being a satori, you don't deserve a wonderful family like yours at all."

>Superego Soldier: Regret ever trying to help these people, it's clear they don't care about anyone but themselves. That they had no intentions of actually assisting us. Just a pawn in their machinations, it seems.
>Damn those selfish fools.
>"Oh, so now just because they're not on your side automatically means they're selfish bastards? You're the selfish one here."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:12:38 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #973 on: June 02, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »
>Shiki: Look around for anyone, including animals. If we see anyone, tell them that we need to speak to Satori regarding her sister.
>If we don't see anyone, knock on the door.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #974 on: June 02, 2011, 04:17:34 AM »
>Shiki: Look around for anyone, including animals. If we see anyone, tell them that we need to speak to Satori regarding her sister.
>You don't see anybody.

>If we don't see anyone, knock on the door.
>You knock on the door. Rin answers and asks "Hello, Yama. Where're the others?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #975 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:19 AM »
>Shiki: "Elsewhere. It's a long story, and I don't know that I have time to explain. I need to see Satori right away. Please either tell her I'm here or take me to her."
>If Rin takes us to Satori, follow. If not, wait until Rin returns with Satori.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #976 on: June 02, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
>Shiki: "Elsewhere. It's a long story, and I don't know that I have time to explain. I need to see Satori right away. Please either tell her I'm here or take me to her."
>"Okay."
>She gestures for you to follow her, then walks.

>If Rin takes us to Satori, follow. If not, wait until Rin returns with Satori.
>You follow Rin, and end up in the same living room you met Satori in-a carpet, a fireplace, a sofa, and Satori sitting on it surrounded by a bunch of cats.
>"Hello, Yama. I see you're alone now."
>*beat*
>Satori's eyes widen in shock and she gets up quickly, throwing off some of the cats in her lap. "What?! Koishi?!"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:47:04 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #977 on: June 02, 2011, 04:41:54 AM »
>Shiki: Allow Satori to learn as much as she wants to know from our mind.
>"Koishi is in Yukari's realm right now. Are you ready to depart?"
>If yes, have Yukari open a gap. If not, wait until she's ready, then have Yukari open a gap.
>Once the gap is open, enter it with Satori.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #978 on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »
>Shiki: Allow Satori to learn as much as she wants to know from our mind.
>You wait as Satori learns the situation from her mind. "Oh dear..."
>"Koishi is a real mess."

>"Koishi is in Yukari's realm right now. Are you ready to depart?"
>"Gladly."

>If yes, have Yukari open a gap. If not, wait until she's ready, then have Yukari open a gap.
>You wait as a gap opens for...you watch a nearby clock. It's big enough to enter at seventy-five seconds.

>Once the gap is open, enter it with Satori.
>You and Satori enter the gap. Satori says "Orin, you stay here and take care of the house." She nods.
>You find yourself in the gap space from before, and you find Koishi sitting down with her back turned to you. She doesn't seem to notice you.
>"Oh look, you ungrateful bitch. Turn around, your sister's here."
>Koishi stands up and turns around to face you. "You brought the victim to be punished. What kind of twisted justice should I expect from you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: June 02, 2011, 05:06:30 AM »
Didn't Mus have Koishi go invisible?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #980 on: June 02, 2011, 05:09:14 AM »
Blame Yukari. Since, y'know, it's her realm.

>Shiki: "Punishment has nothing to do with this. Your sister is worried about you, so I brought here here. Once you two are finished, we will all return to Gensokyo."
>Let Satori go to her sister.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #981 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
>Reptilian Royalty: "Split up? Sure, whatever. YOU guys can go underground. I'm gonna give those stupid goddesses a piece of my mind. YUKARI!"
>Grand Yuyutons: "Have a nice trip~"
>Sake Savior: "Give 'em a good one!"

>Armpits: Give Yukari one minute to make meaningful progress on a gap to the Moriya Shrine. If insufficient, mutter and fly off on your own.
>Lolioni: Who do we know in the Underground? What're those relationships like?
>Ghost of Hunger Allthetime: Wait for Yukarin patiently~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: June 02, 2011, 05:15:56 AM »
>Koishi: Whether unseen or not. "No. I am not going to be held hostage."
>Say nothing else.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #983 on: June 02, 2011, 05:37:13 AM »
Blame Yukari. Since, y'know, it's her realm.
>Yeah, let's go with that. Nothing to do with the inconsistency of Phyrexian text adventure engines. Nothing at all. Crap, I had to resort to a handwave.

>Shiki: "Punishment has nothing to do with this. Your sister is worried about you, so I brought here here. Once you two are finished, we will all return to Gensokyo."
>Let Satori go to her sister.
>Satori approaches her sister. "Where have you been? We're worried about you."

>Koishi: Whether unseen or not. "No. I am not going to be held hostage."
>Satori asks "Hostage?"

>Say nothing else.
>You stay silent.
>Satori says "Koishi?"
>"You make me sick."

>Reptilian Royalty: "Split up? Sure, whatever. YOU guys can go underground. I'm gonna give those stupid goddesses a piece of my mind. YUKARI!"
>Grand Yuyutons: "Have a nice trip~"
>Sake Savior: "Give 'em a good one!"
>Armpits: Give Yukari one minute to make meaningful progress on a gap to the Moriya Shrine. If insufficient, mutter and fly off on your own.
>You twiddle your thumbs as a gap opens for past a minute. You impatiently fly off on your own.
>Your stomach grumbles. Damn, you're hungry. It's afternoon and you haven't even eaten lunch.

>Lolioni: Who do we know in the Underground? What're those relationships like?
>You have several friends and acquaintances in the underground, mainly the other Devas. You don't a lot of close friends, but you have a lot of casual friends.

>Ghost of Hunger Allthetime: Wait for Yukarin patiently~
>You wait as Yukari opens a gap to the underground. You can see why Reimu left as quickly as she did. This is taking a while.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: June 02, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »
>Egoist: Spread arms.
>"Hostage. I'm not here because I want to be. I'm here because they forced me to be. It's no longer valuable to their status quo to leave me be. So here I am. And I'm not allowed to leave until I do exactly what they want. Notice how we don't even have any privacy? No choice in when or how we meet? I'm just supposed to be a good little hostage and do everything they want, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be allowed to return to reality. I'm not playing this game. I'm sorry that they drug you into it too, Satori. I really am. Hopefully they'll let you go."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #985 on: June 02, 2011, 05:50:31 AM »
>Shiki: Stay back and let Satori speak with her sister. Hopefully, Satori can get her to realize that she's deluding herself.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: June 02, 2011, 05:59:24 AM »
>Ideon: Laugh.
>"Look at her. Even now, she's absolutely convinced I just must be deluded. It's not even a little bit plausible to her that I believe what I say, or that I'm right. I'm just a game piece that won't sit properly on the board now."
>Frown. "Did they even tell you why I'm here, sis?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #987 on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
>Egoist: Spread arms.
>"Hostage. I'm not here because I want to be. I'm here because they forced me to be. It's no longer valuable to their status quo to leave me be. So here I am. And I'm not allowed to leave until I do exactly what they want. Notice how we don't even have any privacy? No choice in when or how we meet? I'm just supposed to be a good little hostage and do everything they want, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be allowed to return to reality. I'm not playing this game. I'm sorry that they drug you into it too, Satori. I really am. Hopefully they'll let you go."
>Satori says "No privacy? No choice in where or when we meet? Hardly. You're always welcome to come back home. So, you believe everybody else is manipulating you into doing what you don't want to do?"

>Shiki: Stay back and let Satori speak with her sister. Hopefully, Satori can get her to realize that she's deluding herself.
>You hope Satori can get Koishi to change...

>Ideon: Laugh.
>Satori looks unsettled by your laugh.

>"Look at her. Even now, she's absolutely convinced I just must be deluded. It's not even a little bit plausible to her that I believe what I say, or that I'm right. I'm just a game piece that won't sit properly on the board now."
>"Look at you. Even now, you're absolutely convinced she just must be deluded. It's not even a little bit plausible to you that she believes what she says, or that she's right. Hypocrite."
>Satori says "What do you believe right now?"

>Frown. "Did they even tell you why I'm here, sis?"
>"Yes, Eiki told me everything. Or rather, she allowed me to read it from her mind."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: June 02, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »
>Cortex Crumpler: "You know I couldn't go back there, but that's not what I'm talking about."
>Gesture around.
>"Look at this place.Why are we in this depressing void rather than someplace nice?  We've both be herded here; I certainly didn't come because I wanted to  And I'm certainly not going to be allowed to leave if I wanted. I'm a prisoner, and I suspect you would be too if you refused to play your part.  And we're not going to have any kind of privacy, the judge there hasn't even considered leaving us alone, and my jailer, well...this is her place, how could I hope to escape her notice here?"
>Shake head and sigh. "
>"Anyways, I'll tell you why I'm really here. Because she wants me to repent. She wants me to break down and say I'm sorry and strike a blow against that voice that's been coming after her. That's all it is. She doesn't care about me or you. She cares about her status quo. She cares about beating her enemy, and that's all I am to her. That's all anyone has been to her, just tools. So, I refuse to play along any longer."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #989 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
>Shiki: "I think you're misreading my intentions. You know what Reimu was going to do, and she wouldn't have been alone in attacking you."
>"Now, if you desire privacy, well, all you needed to do was say so. I will leave you two to yourselves."
>Pick a direction and fly until we can't see or hear the two of them, then face the way we came from, sit down, and wait.