Author Topic: [Solved] Serval Problems with Touhou 9 - PoFV  (Read 5924 times)

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
[Solved] Serval Problems with Touhou 9 - PoFV
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »
Hello there everyone.
I have some problems with Touhou 9 Recently and need help how ti fix those.

1. Whenever i beat Stage 8 with Lyrica and the Game wants to load Stage 9, the Game Crashes with a long Error-Message in japanese and i can only read Direct Sound on the Error.

2. I have seen that the Music Library of the Game is somewhat messed up. When i want to watch a Track in the "Music Room"-Option, it only plays the Title Screen-Music on every Track. What data do i need to replace and where can i get it fast?

3. Since i buy'd a new PC Monitor (Eizo Foris 2333 to be exactly) and i want to close the Game, it crashed instead. This was with my old Monitor not the Problem.

4. (This is not quite a Problem. More like a Help) With the new Screen is that Games resolution in Window Mode pretty small and i want to made the Screen larger. Does it have a Mod somewhere to download or can i do that somewhere edit it in the Touhou-Folder? The later Games have those questions wich Resolution u want for the Game and i find this kinda helpful.

I hope this information is enought.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:39:23 AM by Picochilla »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Serval Problems with Touhou 9 - PoFV
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:25:18 PM »
1. I don't know what's happening here. Perhaps reinstall the game? Also make sure you're running the latest patch (1.50a) (backup your replays and score.dat first)

2. IIRC this is a glitch with a setting. I remember having this happen on a different game as well. Open up your custome.exe and uncheck "Load BGM into memory". Having that checked does introduce some audio glitches just like the one you have.

3. So the game crashes when you close it with a new monitor but not with the old monitor? That's very strange. Not sure what to tell you besides to reinstall the game and see what happens. Also make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.

4. Most people prefer to play fullscreen, and that would definitely make it large enough. However, if you really prefer windowed, you can download the vsync patches here and customize the resolution of the window. Just place vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini, and vpatch_th09.dll in the PoFV folder and run the game by using vpatch.exe. (make sure the touhou exe is named th09.exe for the one you want to use) To adjust the size, open up the .ini file and modify the Width and Height sizes to something else. (i.e. Width = 960, Height = 720)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Zil

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »
1. Whenever i beat Stage 8 with Lyrica and the Game wants to load Stage 9, the Game Crashes with a long Error-Message in japanese and i can only read Direct Sound on the Error.
Do not play yellow Lyrica.

Picochilla

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:58:25 PM »
@Zil: No alternate Colour Lyrica? Dawww... well i try that out then.

@Agent of the BSoD: Cause vor that vsync: I make that just as the readme said, but the screen Size still doesnt change when im saving it in the .ini-file.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:48 PM »
@Agent of the BSoD: Cause vor that vsync: I make that just as the readme said, but the screen Size still doesnt change when im saving it in the .ini-file.
Ah, didn't notice that. Well I found out how to make that work properly. Set enabled = 1 and TitleBar = 1 in the ini as well. That should give you what you want.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Picochilla

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
Ah, didn't notice that. Well I found out how to make that work properly. Set enabled = 1 and TitleBar = 1 in the ini as well. That should give you what you want.

Thanks its working now too. And also pretty weird ... it fixed the crash when closing the window too o_o

I actually perfer Window mode because i can make stuff besides Touhou wich makes it for me pretty useful when Full Screen stays for me just in the way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:39:00 AM by Picochilla »