Author Topic: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - WORLD BACKUPS AVAILABLE!  (Read 194557 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] [1.5.1] MotK Minecraft Server - Upgrade complete!
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »
I have seriously thought about a pig race course since 1.4.x, actually. Might retrofit a medium unused island as that.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
And now that the server is running 1.5, I'm officially back after how long? A year - more?
Now I will find somewhere to hermit and raise a Lunar cult again.

Hopefully no one has settled top-right of the main world yet

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Adventure World 2 is perfect for the derplympics.

Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »

If you're talking about the Mushroom Biome at the top right, that is mine. It just doesn't have a landmark on it because I've been inactive for a while myself. >.<

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
And now that the server is running 1.5, I'm officially back after how long? A year - more?
Now I will find somewhere to hermit and raise a Lunar cult again.

Welcome back. Other than that, I suggest you read up on the rules of the server to make sure nothing's changed.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 02:02:26 PM »
The snow biomes up there? There's only one project there I'm aware of, which is mostly underground.

To facilitate market growth I've went and made a community marketplace in the community centre, 3rd floor. Booths are set up in it already. This is not meant to replace all shops at all - I prefer you set them up in your own area too, and use the community market as a remote branch of your wares.

A few tips and restrictions:
 - Limit 4 booths per player. This restriction may be eased in the future, depending on how things turn out.
 - Place the chest in the ceiling. It can still be opened this way and will be easier to access than if a shopkeeper were standing on it.
 - Place a sign above and outside to indicate that it's your store, and maybe what that store deals with.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:09:37 PM by はた참치 Seafood Inspection »
Bad command or file name

puremrz

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 08:29:55 PM »

Miscellany:
Mere updates and the Rebalance Villagers plugin. That is all.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »
I noticed the plugin was borked earlier, so I did make an attempt to disable it earlier this morning. Apparently it didn't actually disable it....

EDIT: Saw the joke stores in the marketplace and took them down. It's a business location, not a circus. :V

EDIT2: Custom recipes added, making custom items. Going between uptime and downtime due to host.

EDIT3: Fully added - 2 new types of double slabs (in vanilla but unused), as well as ways to craft/smelt ferns and dead bushes. See OP for information.

Getting reports of support for a server event of some sort after some testing of manually buffed mobs.

Also thinking I may have made the server a bit too easy to play regular MC, but at the end of the day as long as players enjoy it I'm fine with it. That being said, if any of you have any comments, concerns, criticisms, evidence on why testificates suck, etc., go ahead and let me know and we can try to work something out to address that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:00:14 AM by はた참치 Seafood Inspection »
Bad command or file name

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 06:25:29 AM »
Telebows pose just as much of a risk as a reward; one wrong move firing an arrow can send you careening against a nether fortress and into the lava pit below it or into death against a wither skeleton you didn't see. I don't know if it's easier if not just regular resources.

Enjoy.

puremrz

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »
Also thinking I may have made the server a bit too easy to play regular MC, but at the end of the day as long as players enjoy it I'm fine with it. That being said, if any of you have any comments, concerns, criticisms, evidence on why testificates suck, etc., go ahead and let me know and we can try to work something out to address that.

Minecraft is as easy as you make it for yourself. Place torches everywhere and you practically never die. We play Minecraft to build stuff, not to survive as if this were an RPG, so any addition and modification to make collecting and building stuff less tedious and time wasting is be welcome.

(Is the shop that buys 32 Wither Skulls serious? Most people would rather toss a stack of diamonds in the void than find one skull in the nether  :ohdear: )

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »
We play Minecraft to build stuff, not to survive as if this were an RPG.
We play Minecraft for creative not survival.

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 11:41:17 AM »
Very quickly do mobs become more of an annoyance than a danger. Even by vanilla means.

If people want the game to be hard they can walk around at night with no armor and a wooden sword for all I care.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:43:10 AM by Dlanor A. Knox »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »
Thanks for the commentary, everyone. It's helped reassure that the recent server additions and current direction are of benefit.

Telebows pose just as much of a risk as a reward; one wrong move firing an arrow can send you careening against a nether fortress and into the lava pit below it or into death against a wither skeleton you didn't see. I don't know if it's easier if not just regular resources.
Definitely is, but unlike some other special items teleporter bows are directly replacing an in-game alternative (in this case ender pearl throwing). Nevertheless I'll keep it anyway as it requires Eyes of Ender to get anyway (meaning those Endermen aren't useless yet). :V

Minecraft is as easy as you make it for yourself. Place torches everywhere and you practically never die. We play Minecraft to build stuff, not to survive as if this were an RPG, so any addition and modification to make collecting and building stuff less tedious and time wasting is be welcome.
We play Minecraft for creative not survival.
I am aware of both the creative and the survival aspects of the game, and balancing the two can be difficult. :V

I've joked before that if it were far too easy we might as well go Creative (which will never happen, despite several requests for a Creative-type world). Yet there is something about having to gather/exchange resources and using those limitations to build stuff that Creative does not supply.

(Is the shop that buys 32 Wither Skulls serious? Most people would rather toss a stack of diamonds in the void than find one skull in the nether  :ohdear: )
Yes. It's there if you don't want to fight Withers. The price is set so that Wither fighting is a much more economical alternative to obtain Nether Stars.

Very quickly do mobs become more of an annoyance than a danger. Even by vanilla means.

If people want the game to be hard they can walk around at night with no armor and a wooden sword for all I care.
Indeed to both points.

Changing tone to...Possibly Rejected Server Plugins Ep.1
In other words, plugins that look very tempting but I am hesitant to install and/or enable them without convincing arguments otherwise. My thoughts on this are in italics.

StrangeWeapons
Description: Adds more TF2 to your Minecraft! Crates, keys, Strange weps (complete with rank), Strange Parts, even a drop system!
As much as I like TF2 stuff (being the TF2 server co-admin at that :V), farming Stranges on a server where we PVP only once every 5 blue moons is probably not practical. Plus this would really pressure RecettEP to Mann Co., which most likely mandates I use a Saxton Hale skin. :V

WeaponLevels
Description: Weapons and tools level up with increasing usage. Higher levels deal more damage.
Interesting idea to encourage extended tool usage and repair. The lack of 1.5.1 version aside, I think enchant stacking equipment does the job well enough already.

FactionMobs
Description: Allows for the spawning of mobs who are loyal to certain factions. Good for use as soldiers.
This would be a big boost to some of our more...conquest-minded players. But it requires Factions as a dependency, which I may consider using but it might also evoke memories of B1.8.1 Anarchy World....

Mob Armor
Description: Allows one to equip and modify certain mobs anytime. Can even have armoured mobs spawn naturally.
That could add some more challenge...but this isn't the Miner Scrolls. :V

MobArena
Description: Facilitates co-op and solo mob fighting with the ability to set up waves, bosses, arenas, and even classes.
What is this, MVM for Minecraft? It does sound fun, but I'd rather play MVM or KF personally.

Lastly, one that will possibly be installed:
CrackShot
Description: Adds fully configurable custom weapons. Does not require any client-side mods, not even Spout.
Hm, I've always wanted to add crossbows and bolt-action rifles, maybe a few other things. Might use this plugin to create those.

EDIT: The glory and hype this entails renders all our plugins and worlds obsolete! :getdown: :getdown: :flowerpower:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:05:26 PM by はた참치 Seafood Inspection »
Bad command or file name

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:14:37 AM by Ace »

Enjoy.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
See the pastebin link below for my response

http://pastebin.com/7CvAFKD8

I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope you're joking right now
2lazy2createbettersig

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
It's a huge ironipost in pastebin form.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:07 PM »
I vote for CrackShot, especially if we have MobArena to go with it.

Killing Floor is nice but MobArena would let us make custom arenas in Minecraft real easily. And custom weapons.

EDIT: The glory and hype this entails renders all our plugins and worlds obsolete! :getdown: :getdown: :flowerpower:

Quote from: Mojang
Going near the farlands will forcefully enable 3d anaglyph.

Is it bad that I think that's actually pretty cool :getdown:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 08:15:58 PM »
Interesting combination could come to use.

Also join us Alliterator :V
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »
Fishing

Overhauled fishing mechanics.
New special types of fish may be found in various different biomes.
Fish may become scared if too much noise is made nearby.
Added 28 new achievements for fishing.
Rare chance for extra items to drop when fishing, such as armor and maps.
Removed fishing.
Having a fish in your possession will drain your health by 1 each second, to help phase out fishing.
:getdown:

This is a glorious joke. Was laughing the whole time while reading this.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »
I'll gladly join in on the fun tomorrow while I'm at the library installing Starcraft II. :V

I don't have internet of my own so I have to fight people to the death for a decent bandwidth share on public wifi around here. :getdown:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »
So apparently the MC 2.0 files were found and are leaking in various areas. Interestingly it includes a server JAR too!
But it's borderline unplayable without godmode/Creative since it seems to check the account, and should it not match, prepare for lots of lightning and (if not Peaceful) OP mobs on a regular basis. :V

I'll gladly join in on the fun tomorrow while I'm at the library installing Starcraft II. :V
Have you gone on before? Might need to send over MC account name via PM so I can add it to whitelist.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:08:52 PM by はた참치 Seafood Inspection »
Bad command or file name

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
Naw, I already got on the whitelist back when Strafe/Stuff were running the show, I just had a bad connection earlier though I was able to successfully get in earlier.

Everything is fine, you don't need to do anything else for me at the moment. I just need to find a good wifi spot. :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »
So, EP's thinking of some way of bringing back the 1.0 world. :V

Enjoy.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2013, 11:50:02 PM »
So, EP's thinking of some way of bringing back the 1.0 worlds. :V
FTFY. :V

There isn't much indication of what they'll be used for yet, but ideas have been thrown around.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »
Old world 2 is appearing. Knoxville was so empty back then.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »
I decided to check out my unused smithing shop and walked into the storage room and found something unexpected.

I am unsure of how long this has been here but it seems someone made me a basement. :V    i'm curious who did this since the door was locked so either someone broke in or it was an admin. in either case, thanks i suppose XD

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:12 AM »
Oh my. Original world. Does this mean I have my gravel beach back?

...Oh wait I can't find time to play. :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2013, 07:08:37 PM »
Don't know if the chicken cooker will work. Due to bugs solid blocks cause chickens to die when they grow up and transparent blocks allow them to escape.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:46:53 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »
It's about time we had actual service representatives at the travel agency.

[attach=1]
(yes, head drops are now possible - 3.5% for mobs and 20% for players, but I spawned this one in)

Still no decision about the old worlds, Dragon fighting mechanisms (mostly brought about by some players fighting it daily), PVP, custom weps, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:49:21 AM by はた참치 Seafood Inspection »
Bad command or file name

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2013, 05:57:59 AM »
It's about time we had actual service representatives at the travel agency.

[attach=1]

Yukari's put on a lot of we-

Yukari gapped WeegeevsWeegee into the abyss

NO MY ITEMS

Enjoy.