Author Topic: Touhou Card Game (English)  (Read 3303 times)

Touhou Card Game (English)
« on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:29 AM »
Hello!

I made a post a few months ago in regards to contacting ZUN for the publication of a card game featuring Touhou characters in English. Unfortunately, I still have not gotten a reply. The game is now about 60% completed, and I need some help for 2 things.

1) Because my knowledge of the Touhou universe is not the greatest, I hope to be able to receive some opinions on the character?s design.

2) I have read somewhere that a Doujinshi circle is in charge of ZUN / Touhou Project?s commercial publications. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the information again, and thus, I am unable to inquire about permission for the publication of my game.  If there is anyone that is capable of providing me with this information, or help with contacting ZUN, you have my eternal gratitude!

Thank you for taking your time to read this far. 

Since I am only a beginner at the Japanese language, I am unsure about ZUN?s policies regarding derivative works on commercial publications. I have no intention on violating ZUN?s policies and if granted permission, I (hopefully possible) am willing to pay a royalty for the publication of the card game.

To the mod(s): Because I have created the project to be previewed on Kickstarter, I really hope that this message can be approved to the forum because my intention for this thread is not to raise, or ask for money, but for help in the completion and publication of the game.
Some of the game information can be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18592227/1095680618?token=6b478153.

The project is not live; it is still under-construction, and will not launch until I have permission or entered into an agreement with ZUN or his representative. Do note that what you see are only prototype components.

UPDATE: 20/12/ 13 Our Facebook page is up, would greatly appreciate it if we can get a "Like." Every single one counts. Happy weekend everyone! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/GS-System/702577473108929)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:22:56 AM by MustContactZUN »

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
Re: Touhou Card Game (English)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
Hey MustContactZUN. ZUN's guidelines have been translated so you can read them in full here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki:Copyrights

ZUN speaks very little English, so if you seriously want to contact him you might want to find a fluent Japanese speaker to help you.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:58:33 AM »
Hello hungrybookworm,

I have tried sending a message via Japanese (professionally translated) through the commercial publication inquiry form.
I am going to be trying that again.

Does anyone know if it is true that a circle takes care of ZUN's publication inquiry?
If anyone does, please point me to their direction!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:09:44 AM »
Yeah getting the actual message effectively translated would be the first priority here, I think.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."