Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 16 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 90618 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 16 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2018, 03:10:23 AM »
> Which is more polite and proper: invite guests to take their own seats, or instruct them where to sit?

>It is probably best to let them seat themselves.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2018, 03:15:20 AM »
> "This will do nicely. Please, have a seat."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2018, 03:24:24 AM »
> "This will do nicely. Please, have a seat."

>The do so, filing into the room. Eirin and Reisen take one couch, Keine and Mokou another. Kaguya selects a plush chair that afford a good view through the window.
>"So, what's all this about?" says Mokou as she leans back on the couch. For a moment you wonder if she's about to kick her feet up on the table, but she doesn't. At least not yet.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2018, 03:30:36 AM »
> Have a seat as well.
> "Right. I will cut to the chase: I was, very recently, dragged forward through time nearly a thousand years, and this meeting is to make sure it does not happen again."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2018, 03:48:08 AM »
> Have a seat as well.
> "Right. I will cut to the chase: I was, very recently, dragged forward through time nearly a thousand years, and this meeting is to make sure it does not happen again."

>"...Alright," says Mokou.
>"Miss Kamishirasawa did mention something like this, yes," says Eirin.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2018, 03:59:18 AM »
> Nod.
> "The first time around, an accident in our library injured her severely. I managed to catch it this time around, thankfully, since I had an idea of what to look for. There are also these, which I stumbled across by sheer dumb luck."
> Look over to Reisen.
> "I believe these will look very familiar to you in particular. Try not to get too close just yet if possible, though."
> Pull out the gems we raided from Haihan's vault.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2018, 04:14:44 AM »
> Nod.
> "The first time around, an accident in our library injured her severely. I managed to catch it this time around, thankfully, since I had an idea of what to look for. There are also these, which I stumbled across by sheer dumb luck."
> Look over to Reisen.
> "I believe these will look very familiar to you in particular. Try not to get too close just yet if possible, though."
> Pull out the gems we raided from Haihan's vault.

>Everyone listens politely as you explain things. Then you present the gems, and Reisen's eyes go wide. "There's MORE of them?! Oh, Eirin! What're we going to do? There's more of the stupid things! What if it finds them?!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
> "Do not worry. I suspect these are the same ones you have now. They appear to be rather inert, as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2018, 06:52:48 PM »
> "Do not worry. I suspect these are the same ones you have now. They appear to be rather inert, as well."

>Reisen does not seem particularly mollified. "No, you don't understand! Those jewels are really dangerous! That thing that attacked the mansion a few winters ago? It needs them! And it doesn't need a body to cause problems, I know!"
>"Reisen, she said they are inert," says Eirin.
>"That doesn't really matter, does it?" Reisen says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
> "Perhaps we can resolve this issue quickly. Do you happen to have yours with you?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »
> "Perhaps we can resolve this issue quickly. Do you happen to have yours with you?"

>She nods. A set of identical gems gently float from her pockets and rise into the air, as if being drawn by invisible strings. "I always do."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2018, 07:01:57 PM »
> Hold our inert gems out.
> "Then take these, if you like. Based on what I saw earlier in the Human Village, if these are indeed future versions of yours, they should sort of meld into one another once they get close to yours."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
> Hold our inert gems out.
> "Then take these, if you like. Based on what I saw earlier in the Human Village, if these are indeed future versions of yours, they should sort of meld into one another once they get close to yours."

>Reisen accepts them. "They'll what?" she says. But before you can answer, they do just that, her gems arcing toward the ones in her hands and seamlessly sliding together to form a single set of gems.
>"...What the?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
> "They will do precisely that. I do not know why it happens, but my guess is that time cannot tolerate the existence of multiple instances of the same thing at once. The same happened with the present and future versions of a mask worn by the jeweler's assistant in the Human Village."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2018, 07:52:09 PM »
> "They will do precisely that. I do not know why it happens, but my guess is that time cannot tolerate the existence of multiple instances of the same thing at once. The same happened with the present and future versions of a mask worn by the jeweler's assistant in the Human Village."

>Eirin nods. "I've observed similar effects before, and I believe you more or less have it correct, though perhaps from the opposite direction. I would suggest rather than time not tolerating it, the two items are in such perfect harmony, and their spirits in at a state of oneness, that they naturally fuse together."
>"I've never seen anything like it, myself," Keine says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »
> "Nor have I. It is nice to have something like that as evidence supporting a story that otherwise sounds outlandish to most people, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:37 PM »
> "Nor have I. It is nice to have something like that as evidence supporting a story that otherwise sounds outlandish to most people, though."

>"You have our attention," Kaguya says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2018, 08:27:58 PM »
> "Right. So, this is going to be a bit segmented, but it is important to explain why everyone here is here."
> Gesture to Keine.
> "As I mentioned before, Miss Kamishirasawa was the victim of an accident in our library. A massive explosion ended up knocking some shelves on top of her. She survived the ordeal, but was never the same health-wise, and met a premature end after a battle with pneumonia."
> Look to Mokou.
> "This then led to you doing...something. Everyone I talked to that knew anything either did not know very much, or refused to talk about it. To most of Gensokyo, you simply vanished, never to be seen again; to a select few who knew more than that, you were likely permanently sealed away in Higan. Perhaps this was the end result of a failed pursuit of Miss Kamishirasawa's soul? I can only speculate."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »
> "Right. So, this is going to be a bit segmented, but it is important to explain why everyone here is here."
> Gesture to Keine.
> "As I mentioned before, Miss Kamishirasawa was the victim of an accident in our library. A massive explosion ended up knocking some shelves on top of her. She survived the ordeal, but was never the same health-wise, and met a premature end after a battle with pneumonia."
> Look to Mokou.
> "This then led to you doing...something. Everyone I talked to that knew anything either did not know very much, or refused to talk about it. To most of Gensokyo, you simply vanished, never to be seen again; to a select few who knew more than that, you were likely permanently sealed away in Higan. Perhaps this was the end result of a failed pursuit of Miss Kamishirasawa's soul? I can only speculate."

>Keine nods along. Mokou's eyes narrow a little bit, you aren't sure if she's angry or circumspect, but she says nothing.  The Eientei residents are listening.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM »
> Look to Reisen.
> "You passed away at some point as well. Presumably from natural causes, but I am hardly an expert. The Yama confirmed your passing indirectly and without realizing she was doing so, which is the only information I have."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »
> Look to Reisen.
> "You passed away at some point as well. Presumably from natural causes, but I am hardly an expert. The Yama confirmed your passing indirectly and without realizing she was doing so, which is the only information I have."

>Reisen nods. "That's to be expected. Still, hearing it like that..." She frowns a little. Eirin puts her hand over Reisen's and gives it a squeeze.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2018, 09:06:40 PM »
> "My apologies if I seem cold or uncaring."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »
> "My apologies if I seem cold or uncaring."

>"It's okay, just keep going," says Reisen.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. At some unknown point after this..."
> Look to Eirin.
> "...You, Miss Yagokoro, returned to the moon. I do not know why, only that you did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2018, 10:49:43 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. At some unknown point after this..."
> Look to Eirin.
> "...You, Miss Yagokoro, returned to the moon. I do not know why, only that you did."

>Eirin raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2018, 11:08:02 PM »
> "It would seem Eientei was abandoned, or something similar, as well. I do not know if it was before or after you returned to the moon, but it was long enough ago, relative to when I appeared, that no one had seen it in ages, and the only rabbit youkai I met anywhere had not heard of it."
> Look to Kaguya.
> "Which left you, Lady Houraisan, all alone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2018, 11:15:16 PM »
> "It would seem Eientei was abandoned, or something similar, as well. I do not know if it was before or after you returned to the moon, but it was long enough ago, relative to when I appeared, that no one had seen it in ages, and the only rabbit youkai I met anywhere had not heard of it."
> Look to Kaguya.
> "Which left you, Lady Houraisan, all alone."

>Kaguya also says nothing, but she frowns.
>"That's impossible," says Reisen. "There's no way she'd be forgotten. At the very least, Eirin would have-"
>"It's wholly possible we got into a fight in the intervening time," says Eirin. "It wouldn't be the first time we've had to take a break from each other for awhile."
>"Just go on," says Kaguya, her voice soft and encouraging.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
> Nod.
> "I would like to apologize in advance, by the way, if this becomes more personal than you were expecting."
> "Anyway, I don't know how long you had been on your own when I showed up, but I get the feeling that it was for a long time, and that you were not expecting Miss Yagokoro to return again. In addition, you had come to learn that the people of the moon had begun changing, which was supposed to be impossible."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2018, 12:20:20 AM »
> Nod.
> "I would like to apologize in advance, by the way, if this becomes more personal than you were expecting."
> "Anyway, I don't know how long you had been on your own when I showed up, but I get the feeling that it was for a long time, and that you were not expecting Miss Yagokoro to return again. In addition, you had come to learn that the people of the moon had begun changing, which was supposed to be impossible."

>"What?" Reisen says.
>"That is impossible," Eirin says, her voice polite but firm.
>"Absolutely," Kaguya says.
>Keine and Mokou are quiet. You suspect they feel left out, and perhaps for the better.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2018, 12:53:41 AM »
> Shrug.
> "That is what your future self told me, Lady Houraisan."