Author Topic: [Art] Kracko eurgh  (Read 2879 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
[Art] Kracko eurgh
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:35 AM »
You'd think I'd have a dedicated art thread around here by now! Well, better late than never.
These days I draw a lot less Touhou. A lot more other fanarts and OCs and stuff. It feels a little weird to put those in the artwork thread amidst all the Touhou, so I'm dumping them here instead.
I struggle with a lot of things. Besides the usual on anatomy and posing and whatnot, I have a really hard time settling on a style. It changes too much. I can never get used to one type of lining, shading, coloring, etc.

---

As for stuff to show, I don't have much right now.

Fire Emblem Awakening fanarts I'm proud of here and here. The stuff is from a while back.

Okay, so this is a very recent overhaul of Shiori, the first OC I ever created iirc. Nearly four years ago! For those with eye bleach on hand, you can see the old one here. Shudder!
I somehow also created Shiori's friend, Sumiko.
Yeah, I recognize plenty of problems in these (drawing legs and feet will kill me forever), but it's too late to change them. At least it looks darn good compared to the old stuff.
Those curious can find the girls' descriptions on dA and tumblr.

... I'm sorry to say I've got no recent Touhou fanart that I'm proud to show. Stick around, hopefully I get something right one of these days.

---

deviantArt, Tumblr art tag
While both share most of my newer drawings, deviantArt also has the old stuff. Look at all those old Touhou fanarts!
The Tumblr tag contains a number of weird doodles and stupid comics about Inazuma Eleven, which I've been kind of into lately.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:54:09 AM by KrackoCloud »

Re: [Art] Kracko eurgh
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
always good to see some OC
very nice improvement
i guess the guilty alice paid off |>W<>

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 12:34:30 AM »
Indeed, that art looks very nice! Out of curiosity, what are you looking for in terms of improvement, if anything?

KrackoCloud

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:08:46 AM »
Indeed, that art looks very nice! Out of curiosity, what are you looking for in terms of improvement, if anything?
Thanks!
Two things - consistent anatomy and interesting poses. Maybe saying anatomy is too broad. I guess limbs and feet, to be specific. But it really is anything if the angle is special.

The problem is I mostly only doodle character designs and stuff, so the poses and angles are usually pretty safe. That's made it hard for me to visualize much else.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:47:47 AM »
Here we go. Something Touhou, finally!

Well, it's a lazy drawing, but I'm kind of in a drawing rut anyway.

EDIT: Still in a rut. So I... I tried to draw Jojo.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:50:05 AM by KrackoCloud »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
Finally have time to draw stuff, but it's still not Touhou fanart <:Y
Bravely x FE:A