Author Topic: Touhou Flash Games General Scoreboard  (Read 60671 times)

Re: BEVENTLAED and Red Magic
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 02:31:21 AM »
@Zil:
Where's the option to change BEVENTLAED's quality?

Zil

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 02:39:40 AM »
Right-click on it.

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 04:13:04 AM »
@Zil:
Ah. Thanks. I was looking for a more obvious quality option like in many other flash games.
EDIT: Darn. Adjusting the quality doesn't help me. I'm still running into issues where sometimes the game won't count my matches for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 04:27:10 AM by SomeGuy712x »

Zil

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:55 AM »
Did you try playing without recording, or recording with a less taxing program? (I don't know what you use.)

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »
@Zil:
Yeah, and I still encounter that problem even if I'm not recording (when I do record, it's with HyperCam 2). I wonder if it's a glitch in the computer or internet browser I'm using... (I primarily use Firefox as my browser.)

Zil

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
Well, I don't get it using chrome, as far as I can tell, though I usually play the exe version that you can download at the bottom of the game's description. Also if you use that you can resize the window. Making it smaller usually makes it lag less, though of course it also makes it harder to play.

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
@Zil:
Oh, I hadn't tried downloading the .exe file. Maybe I'll try that later.

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
will there be scoreboards for Butterfly Flies For Fry and/or Tenshi Hopper too? :p (not that there's high demand, apparently, or that I'm eager to submit a score, just curious)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »
I'd LOVE a hopten (linky for easy finding) scoreboard, but I fear there's just as you said, not a high demand for it.

If anyone would start a scoreboard for it though and wants some scores to start with, I'd gladly offer up my old record as a starting point. I know some of you guys can beat that!

Actually, you know what I was wondering, can anybody start a high score topic here, as long as they are willing to keep the first post updated? I don't know. I certainly wouldn't mind making one and updating it if that's okay though. Who knows, maybe it'll bring a little more attention to the game and more people will play it.

Unless of course, we just add them in this topic right here, if you think it won't start taking up too much room. Either way works just fine.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:15:07 AM by SirBlueberry »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
Actually, you know what I was wondering, can anybody start a high score topic here, as long as they are willing to keep the first post updated? I don't know. I certainly wouldn't mind making one and updating it if that's okay though. Who knows, maybe it'll bring a little more attention to the game and more people will play it.
It's been done several times before-- Shimatora's Suwapyon thread, Chirpy13's Phantasmagoria Trues thread, this thread of Zil's...

I feel like it might make more sense to have a single thread for simple Touhou flash games, though, since most of them only have 1-2 categories. But it depends on what everyone else thinks.

Edit:
Unless of course, we just add them in this topic right here, if you think it won't start taking up too much room. Either way works just fine.
Oh, I guess you edited that in while I was posting (if you're wondering why I didn't acknowledge it in my reply).

---

While games are being proposed, I might as well also mention Udon Gallop, which I recall being fairly memorable, even if the difficulty seems a bit uneven (some areas, most notably the UFO section if I recall correctly, are significantly harder than others). And I'll link Butterfly Flies For Fry since shadowbringer didn't already.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:59:33 AM by Karisa »

Zil

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »
Hard to say really, whether or not a game is popular enough. That thread Sir Blueberry linked shows that there are at least people who'd play Hopten, though most probably will never find their way to this part of the site. :<

I'd be up for adding Hopten, at least, so I guess I'll do that later. I'll add my own score, maybe nag other people to add theirs. I know yorgje has a fairly insane score in the game but I dunno if we can include scores from banned users. :p

What might be nice is if there were some way to make this thread more noticeable. I'm sure a lot of people play flash games and might post things if they knew about it.

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »
It's been done several times before-- Shimatora's Suwapyon thread, Chirpy13's Phantasmagoria Trues thread, this thread of Zil's...

I feel like it might make more sense to have a single thread for simple Touhou flash games, though, since most of them only have 1-2 categories. But it depends on what everyone else thinks.

Edit:Oh, I guess you edited that in while I was posting (if you're wondering why I didn't acknowledge it in my reply).

Ah, okay, cool. Thought I'd ask first anyways though, just in case it needs to be approved first or something.

But yeah, the more I think about it, the more I also feel like they would do just fine in this topic. No need to worry about too much content for the moment, that bridge can be crossed when we get there.

I know yorgje has a fairly insane score in the game but I dunno if we can include scores from banned users. :p

I think it might be fine, or at least, I can't find any official statement against it anyways. Also, it doesn't look like anyone ever went back and deleted any banned user's scores either, except for when the user requested their scores to be removed. The way I see it, how good you do on a game doesn't have any relevance to your actions on the forum.

-----------------------
Red Magic, Normal
SirBlueberry - 113,220 - Lv28 - 05:31 - Screenshot
This is fun but clearly I'll need some time to figure out what I'm doing :V I'm not afraid to submit the lowest overall score, haha. It's still technically 2nd place Normal!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:31:49 PM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
If you guys do decide to add Butterfly Flies For Fry, Hopping Tenshi, and Udon Gallop scoreboards here, I'd be all for that, and I'd certainly post the scores that I got on those in the past. Actually, should I post my scores on those games now?

Zil

Re: BEVENTLAED, Red Magic, Hopping Tenshi
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »
Alright I added Hopten, but it doesn't have a cute little picture and I don't know what to put there so pls suggest me something. It needs to be cute. :<

If you guys do decide to add Butterfly Flies For Fry, Hopping Tenshi, and Udon Gallop scoreboards here, I'd be all for that, and I'd certainly post the scores that I got on those in the past. Actually, should I post my scores on those games now?
Wait for me to add them, I guess. Less likely that they'll get missed that way.

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »
Will this do for now, Zil? I matched the dimensions up to the other two icons.

It doesn't have to be the permanent icon, if you come across something better, but I thought I'd just make one for you real quick. I'm no good artist though so this is literally just a screenshot with a border slapped on it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:27:45 PM by SirBlueberry »

Zil

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
Excellent, thanks. :>

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:47 PM »
Alright, here's my Hopping Tenshi score:

Hopping Tenshi
SomeGuy712x - 25,252 km - Video

Also, don't forget to include SirBlueberry's Hopping Tenshi Score posted earlier:
If anyone would start a scoreboard for it though and wants some scores to start with, I'd gladly offer up my old record as a starting point. I know some of you guys can beat that!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:34:30 PM by SomeGuy712x »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:40 AM »
Hopping Tenshi
Sakurei - 292 - Screenshot

I had to work hard for this.

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 06:01:12 AM »
Yes! I finally got a million on Easy in Red Magic!

Red Magic - Easy
SomeGuy712x - 1,125,710 - Level 99 - 44:12 - Video

Hmm... Since my Easy score is now higher than my Normal score, I might want to play Normal again at some point.

@Sakurei:
Interesting. I wonder if that's the lowest possible score that you can Game Over with in Hopping Tenshi...
Actually, this is weird. I just tried it myself several times, and had instances where Tenshi was still bouncing off of the bottom of the screen at values as high as 298 km, but occasionally I had an attempt somehow get me a Game Over at the same 292 km you got. I wonder if there's some random variable regarding the position of the ground at the bottom or something...

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 06:19:21 AM »
Pretty sure it depends on how high the screen has scrolled, but not necessarily how high Tenshi has jumped. Once the ground or any platform scrolls far enough offscreen, it's gone. I couldn't explain why the screen sometimes scrolls farther than usual though. I don't get it. It's not even visibly noticeable at all, and you can't tell until you get into a situation like that.

Perhaps the scrolling takes her full sprite into consideration, but the counter only considers her hitbox?

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 02:33:38 PM »
I know yorgje has a fairly insane score in the game but I dunno if we can include scores from banned users. :p
I think it might be fine, or at least, I can't find any official statement against it anyways. Also, it doesn't look like anyone ever went back and deleted any banned user's scores either, except for when the user requested their scores to be removed. The way I see it, how good you do on a game doesn't have any relevance to your actions on the forum.
As far as I know, Denpa/DXK asked Sapz to include new scores when he was banned, but Sapz didn't add them (he did, however, remove Denpa's old scores by request). But later, Denpa's ban was changed to a probation, and Sapz then did include Denpa's scores by request.

Not sure if this was supposed to be an overall policy or just a single decision, but personally, I think it makes sense for banned users not to be able to add any new scores.

Regarding banned users' scores not being removed: well, any non-offending posts they have aren't deleted either. I don't see any inconsistency between that, and keeping old scores but not adding new scores.

---

Hopping Tenshi
Karisa - 16781 - Screenshot

This is my first time making it past the UFO section, and 6th or so time reaching it. It's good enough for what's basically a first-day score, I guess. (The last time I played this was probably shortly after SomeGuy712x's video was uploaded.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:47:51 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »
About banned stuff: I see. When I look at it that way, makes perfect sense to me. Thanks~

-----
Hopten:
Here's a score that I didn't remember to get an actual screenshot of until I was already back at the title:
SirBlueberry - 29929

Really quickly I went back and got a better screenshot, slightly lower score:
SirBlueberry - 29126

Add whichever one works, thanks.

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
BEVENTLAED
nicholas - 11767500 - 61 - 13:31

I played the game like 10 times only. Finding rainbow UFO combinations is hard. Also, it really hurts my wrist. I was quite astonished that such score already placed me somewhere OK in the scoreboard :P

EDIT: I forgot to post the screenshot.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:43:39 PM by nicholashin »

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
(Edit: Whoops. Forgot to mention, hopten. The screenshot shows, but still)

I feel like this would be an incredible waste of an update, but... Seeing as how there's no limit to the amount of updates, it couldn't really hurt I guess.

Would you mind updating my score by... one point? :ohdear:
SirBlueberry - 29,930
To think I can't get past this same spot, every time... Ugh. But the game is still quite fun.

It's the (spoilers)
Spoiler:
stupid gaps that get me. some of them blink open and closed like eyelids. Naturally, you can't stand on the closed ones.

If videos would be preferred for first-place entries, I can try to get those, but I can't find a good (and free) program that would record flash games. What I'm using now only seems to detect actual windowed or fullscreen games.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:13:21 AM by SirBlueberry »

Zil

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »
lol, updated.

I suppose videos are technically preferable but they are by no means a requirement, so don't worry about it. If you really want to record though, I'd recommend OBS (it's what I use) or some other live streaming software, like xsplit or ffsplit or whatever, since they seem generally more capable of capturing whatever you want than most dedicated game recording programs.

There's also Debut which is extremely easy to use and can capture pretty much anything, but I find it to be more than my computer can handle most of the time. But then, my computer sucks.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
I feel like this would be an incredible waste of an update, but... Seeing as how there's no limit to the amount of updates, it couldn't really hurt I guess.

Would you mind updating my score by... one point? :ohdear:
SirBlueberry - 29,930
Nothing wrong with posting new scores, however negligible the improvement.

It would be appreciated if you submitted them in the requested format, though, with the screenshot at the end of the line, since it makes it easier to copy/paste your scores... oh wait, having the screenshot/video at the end of the line wasn't actually listed in the submission format in the first post. I guess that should be fixed for consistency.

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:10 AM »
Nothing wrong with posting new scores, however negligible the improvement.

It would be appreciated if you submitted them in the requested format, though, with the screenshot at the end of the line, since it makes it easier to copy/paste your scores

Oh, of course. I'll keep that in mind~ I'll format it properly then so that it can be simply copy/pasted over the old score.

Did anyone figure out what purpose the Red Tenshi serves, or under what conditions will she appear instead of our standard blue one? I haven't really noticed anything yet, and she's so uncommon, I can't really test it either... Also, I got this score with Red Tenshi when she showed up, but I'm not sure if we should add it to the OP because of that? After all, I have no idea whether there's some sort of advantage or not.

Hopten
SirBlueberry   -  31,752 - Screenshot
(same spacing as OP)

If you do decide to add it, maybe do so like this:
SirBlueberry   -  31,752 - Screenshot *Red Tenshi

Or something to that effect? Or perhaps we just shouldn't add it? What do you guys think? I'd like to hear your opinions, I would not be against doing it over with a Blue Tenshi if it is decided that way.

Zil

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
I'd be surprised if it had any effect on anything, but I guess there's no harm in adding a note about it.

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Yeah, I was gonna ask about that Red Tenshi. I actually got it within the first 3-4 attempts, so I didn't think it would be that rare, but then I never got it again. It's probably just an aesthetic rare thing. Like shiny Pokemon.

Anyway I've played Hopping Tenshi for some time but I'm not very good at it. My goal for now is to beat Karisa, I guess. I've only made it past the UFO section once.

EDIT:
Hopten
Star King   -  20,156 - Screenshot

Anybody know what game this is based off of? I ask, because this game stirs a distant memory of playing a very similar game once... down to the part where you go so high you wrap around and go into the Earth.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:23:05 AM by Star King »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »
You didn't think it would be that easy, I hope?

Hopping Tenshi
Karisa - 20705 - Screenshot

(Also yay I posted right on the hour)

---

Edit:
Here's a potential icon for if Butterfly Flies for Fry is included. SirBlueberry, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea (down to using the exact same border proportions).

I thought it made sense to have Yuyuko chasing both food and Mystia in the icon (it took surprisingly few screenshots to get one that worked). Mystia is a bit more prominent than I'd like, but 200x80 is rather small compared to the game's character sizes...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:04:04 AM by Karisa »