Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224731 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:45 AM »
> Take a moment to consider. There's the time slowing, of course, but it's not unique to this dream, and the implications of this person being unaffected by it are already pretty obvious to us.
> "I remember the wind was strong, but I don't think that mattered..."
> "I'm not sure if I would say we were alone, since I was watching myself and Archer in third person - that's an exception, by the way, I've seen Archer with me before - but no, if there was anything else there the person wasn't affected either way."
> "One more thing, seeing this person gave me a bad gut feeling, like it was someone I disliked, but it was hard to read."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: May 17, 2018, 04:02:48 AM »
> Take a moment to consider. There's the time slowing, of course, but it's not unique to this dream, and the implications of this person being unaffected by it are already pretty obvious to us.
> "I remember the wind was strong, but I don't think that mattered..."
> "I'm not sure if I would say we were alone, since I was watching myself and Archer in third person - that's an exception, by the way, I've seen Archer with me before - but no, if there was anything else there the person wasn't affected either way."
> "One more thing, seeing this person gave me a bad gut feeling, like it was someone I disliked, but it was hard to read."

>"Mmm. There may be meaning to that wind, there may not be," Lancer says. "I would recommend that you ponder why you disliked this person."
>"Now, you say you were watching Archer and yourself. What happened? What did you watch?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #932 on: May 17, 2018, 04:13:52 AM »
> "I don't really want to go into detail, but I was already lying on the ground dying from a bunch of wounds and Archer was tending to me. It was really bloody. Uh, then I died."
> "Now that I think about it, I didn't see the flame do anything to me."
> "...Now that I REALLY think about it, I'm not sure I was in the same place as the flame. There was a tree there. One of Archer's."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: May 17, 2018, 04:25:04 AM »
> "I don't really want to go into detail, but I was already lying on the ground dying from a bunch of wounds and Archer was tending to me. It was really bloody. Uh, then I died."
> "Now that I think about it, I didn't see the flame do anything to me."
> "...Now that I REALLY think about it, I'm not sure I was in the same place as the flame. There was a tree there. One of Archer's."

>"Hm. Interesting. Now, if I may, how did you know those two that you saw were you and Archer? Did they look like you, or did you just know when you saw them?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #934 on: May 17, 2018, 04:50:27 AM »
> "I recognized us. Archer's red hair really stands out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: May 17, 2018, 04:55:03 AM »
> "I recognized us. Archer's red hair really stands out."

>"Was anything unusual about them?" Lancer replies. "Aside from the dying, of course."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #936 on: May 17, 2018, 05:06:29 AM »
> "I can't think of anything? I had a sense of Archer's feelings, but that's private."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:15 AM »
> "I can't think of anything? I had a sense of Archer's feelings, but that's private."

>"Of course," says Lancer. "And the other?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #938 on: May 17, 2018, 05:32:55 AM »
(Clarify the question?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: May 17, 2018, 05:47:32 AM »
(he means the other person)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #940 on: May 17, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
> "She was trying to play it cool, I guess. I didn't get a sense of what she was feeling, maybe because I didn't want to think about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: May 17, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »
> "She was trying to play it cool, I guess. I didn't get a sense of what she was feeling, maybe because I didn't want to think about it."

>"How was she playing it cool? That may be important," Lancer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #942 on: May 17, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »
> "I couldn't make out anything of what they were saying, if anything, but the last thing she said was 'it's not so bad'."
> We won't say as much, but we may have gotten the sense we were at peace with it. Is that a bad thing? Maybe we don't have enough drive to win?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
> "I couldn't make out anything of what they were saying, if anything, but the last thing she said was 'it's not so bad'."
> We won't say as much, but we may have gotten the sense we were at peace with it. Is that a bad thing? Maybe we don't have enough drive to win?

>"How noble!" Lancer replies. "You may think I am being snarky, but I do respect such a sentiment, nobly meeting one's end. It is a shame that more cannot, but that is to be human and have dreams, isn't it? I am curious, have you discussed this with your Servant?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #944 on: May 17, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
> "A bit, but mostly about the practical implications. It was actually her idea that we not use the car too much, since she thinks it'd be too easy for someone to ambush us. Having that dream just reinforced it for me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: May 17, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »
> "A bit, but mostly about the practical implications. It was actually her idea that we not use the car too much, since she thinks it'd be too easy for someone to ambush us. Having that dream just reinforced it for me."

>"We've certainly been using the truck," Lancer says. "It hasn't been a problem yet. But one can hardly blame you."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #946 on: May 17, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
> "Well, talking to you makes me think I may have taken the dream too literally, so I'll reconsider that. Thanks."
> "So, back to that question before, you said you weren't sure if you saw Saber's master. What did you mean? Usually we know each other on sight."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:35 PM »
> "Well, talking to you makes me think I may have taken the dream too literally, so I'll reconsider that. Thanks."
> "So, back to that question before, you said you weren't sure if you saw Saber's master. What did you mean? Usually we know each other on sight."

>"Distance is a factor, as I'm sure you know," Lancer replies.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #948 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
> "But Saber's presence was bright as day, I take it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: May 18, 2018, 12:46:55 AM »
> "But Saber's presence was bright as day, I take it."

>"I don't think it was possible for him to hide it, no," Lancer answers.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #950 on: May 18, 2018, 01:13:45 AM »
> "Maybe he'll attract Berserker and then neither of us will have to deal with him."
> "Thanks for the tip. I'll be laying low today and doing some research. Talk to you later."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: May 18, 2018, 01:59:10 AM »
> "Maybe he'll attract Berserker and then neither of us will have to deal with him."
> "Thanks for the tip. I'll be laying low today and doing some research. Talk to you later."

>"Wouldn't that be helpful," Lancer sends. "If I'm available, I'll reply."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #952 on: May 18, 2018, 02:13:22 AM »
> Put our phone down.
> "So, the good news is that Lancer says we'll be able to see Saber coming from a mile away, the bad news is that probably means he's super powerful."
> "No word on what the master looks like, since they sensed him at such a distance."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: May 18, 2018, 02:28:00 AM »
> Put our phone down.
> "So, the good news is that Lancer says we'll be able to see Saber coming from a mile away, the bad news is that probably means he's super powerful."
> "No word on what the master looks like, since they sensed him at such a distance."

>"Well then, that just makes him easy to aim for," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #954 on: May 18, 2018, 02:48:19 AM »
> "Maybe we'll finally get to try the traps, too."

OOC: Here's a little list of things I'd like to do today. I'm writing it down here so anyone else following can help me keep track of it all.
- #1 goal: go find that dancing plant we need to mask the mana battery and finish it today, now that Saber's on the prowl.
- Talk to Sister Gibson and let her know Georgia's command seals went away on their own. (We probably don't need to worry about her leaking this to Lancer.)
- Talk to Michael Collins and see if he can clarify Explorer's story or give us any other leads on this moon business.
- Get a notebook while we're in town so we can work out our magic bullshit without having to draw it in the dirt. Also acquire munchies.

Optional:
- Have Archer get a look at Saber so we can work on IDing him.
- Case the area for rich assholes to rob so we can replace Misty's bike.
- Look into acquiring another catalyst - this would give us a starting point for looking further into the whole "summoning a second servant" business.
- Attempt to win Kimimela's heart.
- What the fuck are we going to do about Assassin?

With that laid out!

> How can we go about looking for a Dancing Plant? Do we know any divinations or such that could point us towards one?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #955 on: May 18, 2018, 02:52:36 AM »
I have a bizarre feeling that Saber is going to turn out to be Dwight Eisenhower. I have no idea why I think this, I just do.

For something actually helpful, remember that you're in Delaware, the land of LLCs. You can't throw a rock five feet without hitting a rich asshole.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: May 18, 2018, 03:55:22 AM »
> "Maybe we'll finally get to try the traps, too."
> How can we go about looking for a Dancing Plant? Do we know any divinations or such that could point us towards one?

>"That would be nice," Archer says. "If what I know about sabres holds true, we can do with that."
>As far as finding one, your best bet is probably your phone, whether it is searching the net or calling various locales that deal in or keep plants. As for obtaining one...that may depend on how questionably legal you are willing to be.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #957 on: May 18, 2018, 05:15:43 AM »
> All things begin with google. Let's see if we get any easy hits nearby.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: May 18, 2018, 06:10:39 AM »
> All things begin with google. Let's see if we get any easy hits nearby.

>You do not find any easy hits. In fact, it turns out to be kind of a difficult thing to google. There's all kinds of sites that talk about the plant in general, but precious little information on where you can see one. You are contemplating giving up when you find pictures of one on delaware resident's instagram that an image search turns up, and a mention about it being at the University of Delaware.
>As you search, you notice that Archer seems to have found a collection of fairly long and slender saplings, which she has split in half, and has become begun to kind of lace together. The sun is just about to rise now.

>_

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #959 on: May 18, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »
> Checking the map, going to the University of Delaware would involve going right back up the main highway.
> "Ugh, this isn't going to work..."
> "Is that for the basket, Archer?"