Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 225032 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »
> "Hmm. Don't recognize the number."
> Guess we'll answer it. "Hello?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2018, 01:02:14 AM »
> "Hmm. Don't recognize the number."
> Guess we'll answer it. "Hello?"

>"Huh, I didn't know you could find that out," says Archer.
>You answer the phone, after a moment, you hear a raspy elder's voice say, "Are you the one who's been giving Mr. Aldrin a hard time?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2018, 01:09:49 AM »
> "That's me."
> "Is this Mr. Collins, by any chance?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2018, 01:32:22 AM »
> "That's me."
> "Is this Mr. Collins, by any chance?"

>"You're a perceptive girl, alright," the voice says, sounding faintly amused. "So what's all this about, then? Buzz wasn't very clear."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2018, 02:06:24 AM »
> "Right, sorry for the trouble. I'll just ask you the same thing I asked him."
> "Back during the moon landing, when Mr. Armstrong stepped out of the lunar module, and he started to say his "one small step" line, and there was a little pause there - did he later tell you and Mr. Aldrin that he saw something during that pause?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2018, 02:17:46 AM »
> "Right, sorry for the trouble. I'll just ask you the same thing I asked him."
> "Back during the moon landing, when Mr. Armstrong stepped out of the lunar module, and he started to say his "one small step" line, and there was a little pause there - did he later tell you and Mr. Aldrin that he saw something during that pause?"

>"And why are you asking something like that?" he replies.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »
> "There isn't really any answer I can give you that would satisfy you."
> What the hell, let's go all in.
> "The best explanation I can give - and this is a huge oversimplification - is that I heard it from what may or may not be his ghost, and I just want to confirm if it's a thing that actually happened. Because he was pretty insistent on warning me about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2018, 03:16:09 AM »
> "There isn't really any answer I can give you that would satisfy you."
> What the hell, let's go all in.
> "The best explanation I can give - and this is a huge oversimplification - is that I heard it from what may or may not be his ghost, and I just want to confirm if it's a thing that actually happened. Because he was pretty insistent on warning me about it."

>"Hm," says Mr. Collins. "And did he mention that we're quite firmly bound by our word not to talk about things that like?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2018, 03:35:33 AM »
> "Yes, he told me he was worried people would try to exploit the...moon...thing. I intend to respect his wishes to keep it secret, if it's true, but he also wanted us to be...ready for it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2018, 03:39:57 AM »
> "Yes, he told me he was worried people would try to exploit the...moon...thing. I intend to respect his wishes to keep it secret, if it's true, but he also wanted us to be...ready for it."

>"Hm," he replies. "This is what I know. From our point of view, he just stopped for a moment. Buzz and I agreed that we felt something weird at the time, but that might be just something we came up with, you understand. Neil didn't say anything at the time. It wasn't until later, on the way home, that he began to ramble. And he made us swear not to tell anyone, which is an oath we've taken quite seriously."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #400 on: March 26, 2018, 03:51:22 AM »
> "Okay, thank you. That's all I really needed to know. I'm not sure HOW I'm going to go about looking further into what he saw, but I'll figure something out."
> "Oh, that's right. Does the name 'Della' mean anything to you? Mr. Aldrin asked me if I was her the first time I called him."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2018, 04:15:23 AM »
> "Okay, thank you. That's all I really needed to know. I'm not sure HOW I'm going to go about looking further into what he saw, but I'll figure something out."
> "Oh, that's right. Does the name 'Della' mean anything to you? Mr. Aldrin asked me if I was her the first time I called him."

>"Della was some lady that Neil used to talk with, about a decade ago," Collins says. "He took a real interest in the occult once he left active work with NASA. We didn't keep strongly in touch, you understand, but he had to look into some other ballparks to make more sense of what he experienced. He didn't talk much about it with us, so I can't say too much on what he knew, or if he ever found anything satisfying. But as I understand, Della was connected with that world."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2018, 04:41:30 AM »
> "I actually am too, which is why I think Mr. Armstrong might not have imagined what he saw, scary as it is."
> "I don't suppose you have a last name for Della?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:48:16 AM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2018, 04:53:59 AM »
> "I actually am too, which is why I think Mr. Armstrong might not have imagined what he saw, scary as it is."
> "I don't suppose you have a last name for Della?"

>"Oh, I don't think he imagined it either. That wasn't like him. And...hm, I'm afraid I don't know it off the top of my head. I might do a little digging, myself."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #404 on: March 26, 2018, 05:04:46 AM »
> "I'll do the same. Thank you very much, Mr. Collins. My name is Lily, by the way."
> "Oh, and, uh..."
> "If I did end up finding something, would you want to know about it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #405 on: March 26, 2018, 05:10:20 AM »
> "I'll do the same. Thank you very much, Mr. Collins. My name is Lily, by the way."
> "Oh, and, uh..."
> "If I did end up finding something, would you want to know about it?"

>"Well I might be curious," he says. "And while I am thinking about it, let's keep this whole talk a secret from Mr Aldrin? In fact, I think it would be best you never contacted him again. It's just easier if we do it that way."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2018, 05:28:31 AM »
> "Uh, he said he would file a restraining order if I called him again, so I don't think we need to worry about that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2018, 05:53:41 AM »
> "Uh, he said he would file a restraining order if I called him again, so I don't think we need to worry about that."

>"He takes his vows very seriously," Collins says. "But I admit, I'm a bit more curious."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
> "I understand. I'll be careful while I'm researching this to avoid anyone else finding out."
> "Thanks again, Mr. Collins. I'll be in touch."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
> "I understand. I'll be careful while I'm researching this to avoid anyone else finding out."
> "Thanks again, Mr. Collins. I'll be in touch."

>"I'd appreciate that kind of discretion," he says. "I'll see about calling sometime tomorrow, Miss Lily."
>He then hangs up.
>"I guess that's good news?" Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »
> "Well, I got a straight answer about what Explorer told me."
> "But that means there probably really is some kind of omniscient moon god."
> "Which means he might also be right about needing to blow our wish on preventing some kind of apocalypse."
> "I wouldn't call that good news."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
> "Well, I got a straight answer about what Explorer told me."
> "But that means there probably really is some kind of omniscient moon god."
> "Which means he might also be right about needing to blow our wish on preventing some kind of apocalypse."
> "I wouldn't call that good news."

>"But he didn't actually tell you anything about it?" Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
> "He confirmed that Neil Armstrong really did see some kind of entity on the moon. For that, I was just making sure Explorer wasn't some kind of...alternate fictional Neil Armstrong, because it was a really strange thing to hear."
> "But he did also say Mr. Armstrong talked with some lady named Della, who's apparently interested in the occult. I'm going to try to get in touch with her and find out what she knows."
> "She could be a magus herself or just a quack, I'll find out when I talk to her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2018, 04:21:11 PM »
> "He confirmed that Neil Armstrong really did see some kind of entity on the moon. For that, I was just making sure Explorer wasn't some kind of...alternate fictional Neil Armstrong, because it was a really strange thing to hear."
> "But he did also say Mr. Armstrong talked with some lady named Della, who's apparently interested in the occult. I'm going to try to get in touch with her and find out what she knows."
> "She could be a magus herself or just a quack, I'll find out when I talk to her."

>"So you don't have any idea who she is, huh?" says Archer. "Can you find out? Because I figure there's probably got to be a lot of people with that name in the world..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2018, 05:04:40 PM »
> "Oh, Mr. Collins says he'll try to get her last name for me."
> "If he can't, I'll just search for "Della" with "occult" or "psychic" and things like that, and I could also figure out where Mr. Armstrong lived when he died and narrow it down that way. Anyway, it's more to go off of than just her name."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
> "Oh, Mr. Collins says he'll try to get her last name for me."
> "If he can't, I'll just search for "Della" with "occult" or "psychic" and things like that, and I could also figure out where Mr. Armstrong lived when he died and narrow it down that way. Anyway, it's more to go off of than just her name."

>Archer nods. "It's something, I guess. But I think we really need to figure out what he knows about that whole trip to the moon."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2018, 05:32:51 PM »
> "Er, that's the thing, he doesn't really know anything except what Mr. Armstrong told him. He said he and Mr. Aldrin might've felt something weird at the time, but that was it. Explorer said the moon thing didn't show itself to anyone else, too."
> "Oh, I forgot to even say who it was! That was Michael Collins, he was waiting in the spacecraft while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin went down to the moon's surface. He called me after Mr. Aldrin told him about me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2018, 05:52:40 PM »
> "Er, that's the thing, he doesn't really know anything except what Mr. Armstrong told him. He said he and Mr. Aldrin might've felt something weird at the time, but that was it. Explorer said the moon thing didn't show itself to anyone else, too."
> "Oh, I forgot to even say who it was! That was Michael Collins, he was waiting in the spacecraft while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin went down to the moon's surface. He called me after Mr. Aldrin told him about me."

>"I thought he'd have to be someone connected, the way you were talking," says Archer. "So what did Explorer tell them, exactly?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2018, 06:24:02 PM »
> "Explorer said those two were the only ones he told about what he saw on the moon. (I don't know what that means for Della, but that was a younger version of him...)"
> "Well, I shouldn't say, 'saw', since it was more like he experienced it over what felt like a few hours even though it was just a moment..."
> "Actually, that's a good question. I was assuming Mr. Armstrong told them the same thing Explorer told me, but now that I think about it, he might've left out some details since he was short on time. I'll ask Mr. Collins about it next time we talk."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
> "Explorer said those two were the only ones he told about what he saw on the moon. (I don't know what that means for Della, but that was a younger version of him...)"
> "Well, I shouldn't say, 'saw', since it was more like he experienced it over what felt like a few hours even though it was just a moment..."
> "Actually, that's a good question. I was assuming Mr. Armstrong told them the same thing Explorer told me, but now that I think about it, he might've left out some details since he was short on time. I'll ask Mr. Collins about it next time we talk."

>Archer nods. "That's what I think. For us, he had maybe a minute. I'm sure they had much more time than that."

>_