Author Topic: Touhou Project 17 「東方鬼形獣 ~ Wily Beast and Weakest Creature.」  (Read 182017 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Shiki's PC-98 right? Have any other PC-98 people shown up in the mangas?

They mean Shiki, as in Eiki Shiki from PoFV, not Shinki. AFAIK, not a single PC-98 character (that's not Reimu, Marisa, Alice, and Yuuka probably) hasn't showed up in any manga.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Demo coming out Sunday.  Think we can expect cover art and new character on it tomorrow?

Demo coming out Sunday.  Think we can expect cover art and new character on it tomorrow?
The demo still hasn't gone gold master. Also CD jacket reveal is always one day before the release.

Shiki's PC-98 right? Have any other PC-98 people shown up in the mangas?

lol no

but genji did get a tiny reference in Strange and Bright Nature Deity

Something something pond in the back of the shrine something something moss growing on turtle's backs

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Demo disc!

AGS

• こたえを探してる
Fuck, I was just gonna post it. lol
On the topic, have the original tweet: https://twitter.com/korindo/status/1124517959215357953
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:35:12 AM by AGS »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Confirmed: Stage 1/2/3 boss is a sheep.  :]

Maybe? Hair looks the part.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Drake

Sitting on the stack of stones, nice. This would again link into the Sai no Kawara guess. Judging by where they are and her ears, it seems to be clear that this character is a kind of Jizou.

Nothing really worth mentioning in the blog post itself, but note that he's probably doing all the burning in his own house this time, judging by the toys and stuff.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Omg omg omg
I'd been thinking like "oh i bet the S1 boss is either a ghost kid or a stone-kicking oni kid cos sai-no-kawara... but probably not jizo-bosatsu cause narumi already exists" NOPE!! SURPRISE, NARUMI GETS A NEW FRIEND

AGS

• こたえを探してる
Sitting on the stack of stones, nice. This would again link into the Sai no Kawara guess. Judging by where they are and her ears, it seems to be clear that this character is a kind of Jizou.

Nothing really worth mentioning in the blog post itself, but note that he's probably doing all the burning in his own house this time, judging by the toys and stuff.

Must be easier for him this way.
About character backstory, someone mentioned Datsue-ba: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datsue-ba

Drake

Omg omg omg
I'd been thinking like "oh i bet the S1 boss is either a ghost kid or a stone-kicking oni kid cos sai-no-kawara... but probably not jizo-bosatsu cause narumi already exists" NOPE!! SURPRISE, NARUMI GETS A NEW FRIEND
I thought it could've been Datsueba too but then I saw the ears

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Datsueba forces people to strip.

Hmmm...

Imagine the fan works...

AGS

• こたえを探してる
I thought it could've been Datsueba too but then I saw the ears
Apparently the person who mentioned it didn't necessarily mean her, but rather someone based on the tale.

Hmmm...

Imagine the fan works...
Oh no.

Drake

Oh yeah, the other thing is that ZUN actually played with that idea already in SWR, where Komachi tells a child spirit mindlessly stacking stones that doing so won't do anything and knocks it over, explaining that doing so is breeding worldly attachment and preventing their passing on. So there Komachi is taking all the roles and ZUN converts it from being a malicious thing to a neutral thing.

Hmmm...

Imagine the fan works...

Article also mentions

- those with no clothing have their skin stripped
- Those who steal have their fingers broken
- the sinner's head is tied to their feet

:ohdear:

Crescendo

• Trying to be a little less lazy
  • ;
- Those who steal have their fingers broken

Oh man.

Marisa better watch her back.
Normal 1cc's: EoSD(RA), PCB(SA), IN(BT), MoF(RA), SA(MC), UFO(RB), TD(R), DDC(SA), PDLoLK(Reimu, 921 tries), HSiFS(CWin)
Fangame 1cc's: HSoB-Normal(SPurple,KWhite)
Current goals:  EoSD hard, EoSD extra.
Attempting the art of danmakufu.

AGS

• こたえを探してる
Oh man.

Marisa better watch her back.
She'd probably have a hard time in this game, if the stage 1 boss was (or the stage 2 one happens to be) Datsueba.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Oh boy. The spoilers will come very very soon here. It's the 5th in Japan!

Retaisai opening in thirty minutes.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Spoiler:
CH ICK EN

A N DD COW
[/b]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:46:01 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Boss spoilers
Spoiler:
Rock girl is named Ebisu Eika, 2nd boss(?) is a rooster, and 3rd(?) is a cow(?) whose name I can't quite see.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
>
Spoiler:
cow girl
[/color]

time for titty
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
戎 瓔花 Eika/Youka Ebisu, possibly like the god of fishermen??

牛崎 潤美 Urumi Ushizaki

庭渡 久侘歌 Kutaka Niwatari, kagewaka theorized on twitter that she's a reference to the 鶏地獄 (torijigoku, 'rooster hell') from the Hell Scroll
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:11:40 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Demo sold out:
https://twitter.com/korindo/status/1124877126161784832

Apparently had a record crowd / sales from what I gathered.

Spoiler:
I'm just jokingly said that ZUN would put a cow girl if he was brave enough...I guess he is then.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
URUMI HAS A BABY?? ? ? ? ?? SHE'S LITERALLY CRADLING IT IN HER SPRITE AEJGUOSDIFSAFKO
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Spoiler:
URUMI HAS A BABY?? ? ? ? ?? SHE'S LITERALLY CRADLING IT IN HER SPRITE AEJGUOSDIFSAFKO
Spoiler:
More like a stone baby though. Probably referencing something in her tale

Spoiler:
  Apparently  there are Jellyfish, Cow and Chick Goasts in the demo too; someone on twitter got one from beating the stage 1 midboss, but I'm not sure what causes them to drop or what they do.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
Spoiler:
  Apparently  there are Jellyfish, Cow and Chick Goasts in the demo too; someone on twitter got one from beating the stage 1 midboss, but I'm not sure what causes them to drop or what they do.

Spoiler:
You can get the jellyfish one by beating the stage 1 midboss without killing any of the spirits she summon. Presumably, there's secret conditions for the others too, but I don't know what they are.

The game is really enjoying. I'm glad they fixed the TD shot types
Spoiler:
especially Marisa's torpedo and Youmu's roukanken slash they are so brokenly fun
. The music is quite ominous as ZUN said it is indeed a dark game. Can't wait to play the full game.