Author Topic: Crawl Relay Revival, 0.14 Edition  (Read 70583 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Crawl Relay Revival, 0.14 Edition
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2015, 05:40:26 PM »
Alright! Technically after the deadline, but this was my first day off <<

So, there's one Pandemonium Lord left and the randomized pandemonium rune. And then we're prepping for the orb run. I'm not entirely sure how to prep, but I guess I could see about wands of digging/recharging in our stash for cutting quick stairways... (As for anything else, let's not get ahead of myself, first I need to actually PLAY PROPERLY THIS TIME.) Turn 165k as my starting placemarker~

I switch back to the Hat of the High Council because CBlink is still just 2% failure with it on (nor is anything else worse than 2). We don't need translocations training anymore. Between all the defensive stuff, I don't really know what's the best idea, so I just leave it on stealth since others are recommending it. Then I drop a handful of things that I can be pretty certain we won't ever use with the equipment we have, because it's kinda hard to pick up chunks at present. (We should have duplicates of several of them in our stash anyway)

And woohoo! The first region I go to has Cerebov in it. Also a bunch of really weak fire monsters that can't even dream of hurting me no matter how lazily I play. (No, no, I'm not going to play lazy anyway, I know better D;)

Until NEVERMIND SMITING STILL SUCKS STOP DOING THAT SO MUCH.

Plz to save from smiting jerks that melt my simulacra
This was actually bad. My boots of rF++ melted into my feet and I didn't realize it for awhile. Anyway, after a fan of gales and enough mp to fridge, I recovered, and made sure to remember to keep a wall of simulacra WITH MORE MEAT READY. >:c

Okay, they keep getting quickly melted, but oh man being able to pick up a stack of 9 meat with no issue is heaven.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't have a wall of simulacrum because first I wanted to Refridgerate those smiting bastards out of here, which worked, but then AAAAAAUGH FIRE STORM SHORT RETREAT. Okay, that was fine. Until AUUUUUGH HELLFIRE FROM SOMETHING ELSE. Controlled Blink is a miracle of the heavens. Okay let's go back.

Even like this, I feel nervous. <.< He could fire storm me couldn't he? That'd be... scary. Even so, I Refridgerate Cerebov whilst simulacrum wail away, It works, but it's too expensive to finish the job. What if I just... let my simulacrum do it by themselves...?

So close so close so close!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

A brimstone fiend is all that waits between me and the rune. I try to evoke the Destruction Rod I found for fun. It was a bolt of fire. THANKS. :I

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH (about the hp, yeah, that brimstone fiend was fought really dumbly <.<) Also stealth hit 20 so I change tooooo ennie meenie minie FIGHTING it's pretty low level and more hp never hurts I guess. Wow, this only used 1/10th of my turn up, since it was the first realm I warped to. Now I have to find the random chance rune...

Whilst peeking around the rest of Cerebov's fortress, I find a staff of energy. Hey, that's pretty awesome, isn't it? Now I'm tempted to put evocations back on, because running out of MP is the scariest... which I do until I find a manual of stealth, fine, fine, we heard you game, you really like us training stealth. The spellbooks are all crap, although... amusingly, the Book of Party Tricks (Nice hobbies, Cerebov), our 1 spell level might be decently put to use in butterflies? I'll carry it, I suppose.

Now that I have the staff of energy, I pretty much just recklessly refridgerate everything.

THE GREATEST TREASURE

did I interrupt a demon party :C These guys don't seem to refridgerate well so I step out. Fuck some of them have smiting; evoking fog.

This reminds me... I don't really know how to look for this rune. I'm just checking out anything that looks vaulty <.< Anyway these rods are coming in handy when I blow all my MP on retreating and then run into something else.

Maybe behind this big Tecim guy?!
But alas, t'was not.

More big guys. Hungerless OoD is great. We reach Stealth 24 and the manual wears out. Back to evocations because I am in -love- with this Energy Staff. I OoD more than Refridgerate now that I'm out of fire land.

HOLY SHIT HELLFIRE HURTS. We hightail it all the way out of that realm rather than finishing exploration.

This... this looks like a vault that's supposed to have the demonic rune! :D Better yet, with Refridgeration, we can easily kill the demons to avoid smiting or torment or whatever it is they do.

Always SOMETHING in the way... aha! This uses electricity! And on goes the Ring of Diat~ And away goes the OoDs. Hooray!

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Alright! Time to get out of dodge. Evocations 16~

1.5 turns later.

I learn hellwings can animate the dead. Suddenly the corpses that were supposed to become my defense are adding to what's trying to kill me. I end up on a loop that gets worse and worse and shit I'm not sure what to do at this point.

SCROLL OF HOLY WORD PLZ SAVE. Okay. Well. Nothing hurt me more at least. I read my second one and the situation gets somewhat better.

I go out on a limb and blow up the cacodemon with an OoD, using the last of my mp. EXCEPT IT FUCKING MISSED AND HIT THE WALL EVEN THOUGH IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME AAAAAAAAAA THAT'S BAD. It now occurs to me Death's Door exists. Too bad I don't have the MP anymore. It's not on my visible spell list so I don't recall it's existence much :/ Okay what's next. My summoning items! Yes! Phial of floods saves me. Thank god.

Eventually I decide this is too much effort and I'm just not finding a gate out, so I go to the abyss instead. Since we have the rune, a door should appear fairly quick, and this place is easy now right? I throw on rMut amulet~

Okay looking at these monsters maybe it's not easier. But I find a doorway deeper in like 10 seconds. Progress! And another one in about 5 seconds! Even more progress! This is when I check the wiki and find out when I'm holding the rune I don't need to descend past 1f for more likely stairs. Auuuuuuuuuuuugh.

HOME FREEEEEE. And 3k turns left. Now what's left is... clearing out the last floor of Zot, and prepping for the orb run.

The final floor, revealed via magic mapping. What else would we possibly use these scrolls for now, anyway?

This is not going to be a fun floor. rMut amulet time.

Oh yeah, liches too. I was the one who blindly attempted this area last time, too, so this brings back PAINFUL memories. ;_; Let's... not get crystal speared. Lots of electricity enemies so ring of diat~

Oh wow two shots of Dispel Undead killed it. By the way, that evocations training was so worth it, this staff is the BEST THING EVER.

Orb chambeeeeer.

RIP all my simulacrum in one turn. I hate orbs of fire. :C OoDs really wipe up... everything, though.

That's an orb? OH YEAH BEER OF ZUN

Bad Things That Happened. Prompted summon item spamming. Phials of floods seem to instakill enemies if you use it directly on them... nifty! Fluuuuush. And Energy Rod lets me evoke my mp back so fast~<3

This guy is annoying because he blocks OoDs. Melee ends up working though!

And we're set, with 1.5k turns left. It'd be awesome to finish this off right now. But, if I died, several hours of progress would go down the drain...

I start trekking down (not with the Beer of Zun) and cast the wand of digging a few times to make the trip faster, and then stop by our stash. A new wand of digging, a royal jelly for not worrying about food, and, hmm... some of these translocation spells are tempting in terms of getting rid of scary things I just need to run the fuck away from. I decide to forget Control Undead and Fulminant Prism and Ozocubu's Armor; prism's still alright even now, but for running or nuking in the run, not so much.

What to learn? Hmm. Swiftness! Yeah! Disjunction? It's only 7% fail rate. Or Summon Forest. Well, let's go with Disjunction. I pick up a wand of invisibility and drop a -lot- of stuff we won't need to make sure the orb doesn't burden us.

After that, I go back to where I left off in the descent, and dug some more quick passages to stairways. My turns were over at this point, but literally the only thing left was walking back to the orb, so I went ahead and spent the 1k turns to do that. This is it! Take the Beer of Zun and run for your life, Pirate!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
HOLY SHIT SERELA. YOU DID IT! AND YOU FUCKING KILLED CEREBOV. I'm...I'm astounded. That was incredible!

Pirate, take it home.

« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:56 AM »
The Long Awaited Finale!

"We're going to do it!"

"We are."

"Let's do it!"

With an ecstatic cry Wakasagihime hefted the orb, dumped it unceremoniously into her backpack, and booked it for the nearest stairs. She was every bit prepared for everything that was to come, and that was with her trusty simulacra and just about nothing else.

Pandemonium Lords were no longer a problem for her...

Out of Zot!

Another lord repelled.

Out of the depths!

Aaaaand.

Done!

"So what will you do now that you have the orb?"

"Orb?" Wakasagihime swirled the bottle of beer with a hand, looking visibly confused, "it's the beer of ZUN!"

"I-" her companion struggled to find a way to explain the discrepancy, but promptly gave up, "yes, beer. What will you wish from it?"

"Wish? I'm going to drink it, of course!"

"Wai-"

And with a deep gulp, she downed half the contents of the bottle, sighing contently as she felt the cold drink flow down her throat.

"But...wait..." it stuttered, "was this entire fiasco all for...a drink?"

"Of course! Whatever else would it be?"

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:01:04 PM by NotaPirate »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2015, 08:18:26 AM »
Yay,, we're done! And somehow I missed this post forever ago, weird. But yay, success! I'll tally up the deaths sometime this weekend I guess and, uh, yeah.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »
Wooooo :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore