Author Topic: Regarding ISC scoring  (Read 10594 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Regarding ISC scoring
« on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:54 PM »
Any interest in having an individual-scene ISC scoreboard, rather than just the total score like the existing StB/DS threads have?

The replays could be uploaded in Royalflare's th143 section whenever it's added (likely to be located here).

Re: Regarding ISC scoring
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
I would personally prefer total score but do not feel strongly either way.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
I think speedrunning is viable in this game, so maybe list times too? Or make it a separate thing if people do in fact get into it.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
Is there even a way to view overall score in-game? I can't find it!  :ohdear:

With there being roughly one hundred catagories, it might be quite a large and unsightly thread if not done right.

I'd also prefer total score (if there is one, please show me ;_;) and would probably use Royalflare's submission over MotK's anyway.

Speedrunning = HAMMERS

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »
Speedrunning = HAMMERS

Maybe in speedruns you can't use items you couldn't acquire prior to that stage, and hammers are banned regardless?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
It's seems there is no total score, for god knows what reason.

I think listing each and every scene is a bit too ambitious, and we have Royal Flare for that anyway. Doing the total would require people to add everything up on their own, which would kind of be tedious, but perhaps still viable... ?

And why ban hammers from speedrunning? They'd be the best thing about it IMO.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:05:31 AM »
And why ban hammers from speedrunning? They'd be the best thing about it IMO.

I don't think anyone wants to sit at their computer screen and watch someone hit lolis with hammers for ten minutes if that.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
Hammers would be in a NG+ category anyway, and NG once unlocked normally. I guess you could do itemless as well, but that'd be more of how little you died, though that'd apply normally as well. I don't think you'd be able to just hammer everything though, and I'm not sure how viable destroying everything with hammer would be.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 02:18:48 AM »
My take on speedrunning: RTA would have NG and NG+, where anything goes once unlocked/anything goes.  ILs would be after you beat the game, so again, anything goes.  I'm not too far into the game (and I doubt I'd be running it, as fun as it is).

My take on scores:  Perhaps a google doc could be used?  One page for total scores (for those who want to count it), and 1 page for each Day as well, with charts for each scene within the day.  It'd make looking it up pretty quick, and be what I think the best way of going about it would be.

An added bonus of the google doc idea is that a page for times could easily be added without adding clutter.  Ideally it'd be in the same thread, but this forum has
Spoiler:
the fail spoiler tag

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:41 PM »
We really should split the boards up into each individual scene. Sure, it may get cluttered, but I think it would be fun to try and improve and optimize each individual scene with each other.

Besides. Without the total score. Do you think people are really gonna want to go through the trouble of adding each of the 80 or whatever scenes there are in the game?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »
That's the best part of a google doc, you can just autosum it :V

Zil

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
We really should split the boards up into each individual scene. Sure, it may get cluttered, but I think it would be fun to try and improve and optimize each individual scene with each other.
After seeing how 90% of the scenes in this game are retarded, I think I actually agree with this now. And IN has 60 categories here, so I think 75 in this game wouldn't be too bad.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:59 AM »
That's partly why I suggested this-- it's a lot quicker to learn one or a few scenes than it is to learn an entire game, so it might open up ISC scoring even to people who don't normally score. And I think it's more fun to compete with people you know (such a rarity in Touhou these days with nearly all the scorers preferring different categories...) rather than just on Royalflare.

That's the best part of a google doc, you can just autosum it :V
Can that be done even if the individual-scene tables are sorted by score, instead of by name? Say, by identifying which row (if any) in each scene's section has the given name in the name column? If so, that could be pretty useful.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
Can that be done even if the individual-scene tables are sorted by score, instead of by name? Say, by identifying which row (if any) in each scene's section has the given name in the name column? If so, that could be pretty useful.
I'm not sure, but worst comes to worst you could just have a separate sheet with a table of all scenes vertically and every player going horizontally to be able to autosum-it'd require putting any new scores in twice, but updating this side table would be pretty trivial (heck, I'd even do it).

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:01 AM »
Well, Royalflare's th143 page now exists... in a beta-testing stage apparently. I guess that means any replays uploaded now won't be permanent.
テスト運用中。正式運用開始時にデータはクリアされます。
This is a test release. All uploaded files will be deleted when the version 1.00 comes out.

アップロード歓迎。ご協力に感謝します。
Feel free to upload any rpy files you have. Thanks for your cooperation for the beta testing.

Anyway, I've tried out creating a Google spreadsheet for specific scenes, and it seems fairly simple to use as a chart. Though it doesn't seem preserve my attempts at auto-formatting certain columns (inserting commas to the score, fixing the slow% at exactly one decimal place) if I insert any new rows... I need to look into this some more.

If this works out, I'll look into more advanced concepts like the auto-summing idea, or maybe a page that copies all the 1st-place scores/replays onto a single sheet.

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 01:27:15 AM »
Em, isn't the current version 1.00? Is there a confirmed patch coming up?

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 01:54:39 AM »
Em, isn't the current version 1.00? Is there a confirmed patch coming up?
I think it's referring to the scoreboard version.  They aren't done with it yet.

EDIT: I decided to make a spreadsheet myself to track my scores.  I also made a blank copy here if people want to make their own and don't know how to or don't feel like setting one up.  As you enter in scores for your scenes it will automatically sum them in the cell next to where I wrote "Total Score:".  If we decide to track total scores then I think this should make submitting and updating a lot easier - especially the updating, since there won't be a need to add everything up every time you want to submit.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:31:42 AM by Great Birdhou Daishougakusen »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »
It looks like Royalflare's section is no longer in beta-testing, so it's a reliable uploader now.

Is there still any interest in a scoreboard specific to MotK?

(Edit: If so, any preference on the Google doc idea, or the more standard form that's been used here?)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:21:09 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
I changed my mind haha. I think I would like individual scenes more than total score. Honestly both combined is probably best.

And yes, I would be interested in having a scoreboard here.

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
I'd be interested in having a scoreboard here too. And I agree with Star King. Both individual scene scores and total score would be best, but I would prefer individual scenes if it was a choice between one or the other.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:38:32 PM by Andrew »