Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68323 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 4)
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
Those are suposed to be bolds instead of strikes. >.< Why can I not type words.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
Of course since everyone else on his wagon was five-hundred times scummier I'd rather lynch THEM. Dan still seems like an obvtown newbie to me.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
I'm almost tempted to say whoever ends up having to decide between Shadoweh and Dan should flip a coin. On the one hand, I can't really see Shadoweh as scum from what I remember, on the other hand the massive amount of :gambit: involved if Dan is scum is making my head spin. But then losing through coin flip totally sucks, so :re-reading:.

Shadoweh

« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
Shadoweh would appreciate if no one did that and made choices based on actual mafia instead ;-;

Shadoweh

« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
Oh I have more words now.

If we want to get technical Kiro, Omba as the doctor is the only real confirmed town. There's technically still a chance of you being scum. As the roleblocker you could have blocked the nightkill, gambitting that the Doctor would protect you. This would be impossible to prove and you'd win the game even if you made it to LYLO. The odds of this actually being true are astronomical, but for the sake of considering every possibility I feel the need to point this out.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
Well the part where he just put a vote down tempting someone to hammer instead of us actually having this conversation is pretty damn scummy Dan cut it out!
Hehe, I thought it would be better if I just placed down my vote while we had the extra room.  And yes, it's super super tempting to hammer! :D

Well.. not to say we should waste days, but if everyone who is not HH/Polaris/K4U is fine with HH/Polaris dying before Dan/Shadow, I don't think much could come out of these lynches that would help determining our alignments (Dan/shadow).  Think what you will, but if one of us is scum... there is just so much ample evidence to convict HH/Polaris that both of us could point to.  And none of that evidence really distinguishes much between me and shadoweh, because our situations are so similar (kinda/sorta, scum targets etc.). 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
Lol, Gambits! I am so curious as to what the dead QT is saying.

Even if no one had even spoken one word this entire game..  I still think HH's vote choices are vastly more scummy than Polaris'.

Don't lynch me.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
If we want to get technical Kiro, Omba as the doctor is the only real confirmed town. There's technically still a chance of you being scum. As the roleblocker you could have blocked the nightkill, gambitting that the Doctor would protect you. This would be impossible to prove and you'd win the game even if you made it to LYLO. The odds of this actually being true are astronomical, but for the sake of considering every possibility I feel the need to point this out.

Fair enough. My primary counters to that are that while I as Scum could have gone for the super bus on Dormio and set my team back further by not having a successful NK, roleblocking Scum's own NK is against the spirit of Mafia play. Especially in a simple game like this. I'm not the kind of player to do that. If I want to win as Scum, I want to win straight up.

Yes, the whole Shadoweh/Dan argument could be merely academcal and I would have only gotten my gray hair count to increase as a result of it. But you know what, better now than later, or never. Yes, now that I've thought about it some more, I do think we should lynch Hourai and K4U first because they ARE more likely to be Scum. But if we're wrong about that, at least they have their opinions on Shadoweh and Dan that whoever the unlucky chap is in LYLO can draw upon.

So I need to reread Hourai and K4U again, but I'm leaning towards K4U first.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
Great... now I've spent an hour reading and still don't know anything new.
scumShadoweh looks like the more reasonable version to me, but given how this game played out, I'm leaning more towards scumDan. Either way my head hurts from all the WIFOM.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #699 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
Well, you already have my opinions on Shadoweh and Dan.  I cannot see Shadoweh!scum no matter how hard I look, it just doesn't make any sense at all.  I can see Dan!scum, but I find it considerably less likely that he is scum than Hourai.

I don't really have anything else to add.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
Omba: I prefer to think we're both Town and this is just an exercise in you getting to know us better for the next game. <3

Kiro: The spirit of your response is more telling then even your Pro-Town play. Also you aren't the Gambiteer like someone else here >.>  I wouldn't consider it a bad idea, it would be a novel win. But more importantly I'll wait to see what you think of Kitten4cute and Hanged Helper.

ActionDan

« Reply #701 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
Well, I've said what I could about Hourai, and I guess Shadow today, so I'm just gonna link my thought processes on Polaris,
From Day1: "lurkscum"
Also from Day1: [urlhttp://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9126.msg613232.html#msg613232]PR spec![/url]
EVEN MORE! Day1: I'm scummy?, no you're scummy!

More relevent Day2 stuff: Polaris is my angel

DAY 3!: a.k.a the day Zakeri died~

anyway some of these opinions remain valid, so don't really want to see a Polaris Lynch before one on HH

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #702 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
Ok... Stances!

barring HH/Polaris:

Bard: favor HH
me: favor HH
shadow:lean Polaris
Omba: favor HH
Kiro: lean Polaris

Let's go with the majority on this...  :D  No one seems to have any brilliant ideas yet (except Gambits~!).

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2011, 10:43:12 PM »
There's no rush though.
Let's take it easy for now. :V

Shadoweh: Yeah, I hope it's just that. Otherwise I'm going to be really paranoid in the next games about whoever of you two is scum.

ActionDan

« Reply #705 on: April 28, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
Wanted to make another comment after the reread.  Except I will steal it from Kiro!

First off, Polaris has #207 which says he'd vote Dormio second. Couple that with the fact that he did shift the lynch from Dan solidly to Dormio and I'm willing to think he's most ok of the 3.

Hourai is still weird. One positive point is that he votes Sect as his first serious vote in Day 1 for reasons I agreed with later. But then he drops off and goes on Dan as if chainsawing over Sect. In the meanwhile, Dormio get lynched and Dan gets psuedo-cleared. So he lost all his traction. Day 2, Hourai goes after Bard for lurking then Polaris. All while Sect is about to eat rope. There's no way this feels like optimal Scum play. If Hourai is Scum, he knows he's either gonna get Copped or be lynched very soon. That's not a winning strategy and he as Scum should know it.

This. It's why I'm clearing Polaris logically, but subjectively Scum!Hourai would have seemed to play all wrong.  On D1 I thought HH could potentially be a misguided town at one point.  But... HH has to me burned all his bridges, as the town play is just not visable or surrounded by deep fog.  I think these 2 statements by Kiro get to the heart of the matter. I just can't condone Hourai's play.

Also I can't wait much longer!  :D
Also I want an entertaining votecount!
##Vote Hanged Hourai

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #706 on: April 29, 2011, 01:48:24 AM »
As much as I'm itching to see if the game ends as you do I'm not hammering anything before Bard gets to comment. He seems to be posting in the morning more then night so we might be waiting awhile. Bardy Bard tell me tell me cause I really wanna knoooaooh!

Hourai has such a hammerable style. He makes you wanna go faster faster hammer hammer faster! I'M PRETTY SURE HE'S NOT THE DOC FOR REALS THIS TIME THOUGH!

Omba: Considering who our benevolent mod is this game:  :yukkuri: :yukkuri: :yukkuri:

Kiro

« Reply #707 on: April 29, 2011, 03:04:01 AM »
Alright, doing the reread on our worst case scenarios wasn't as bad as I thought. Seconding K4U's idea that Shadoweh can't be Scum for pretty much the same reasons. A few things I saw:

Dormio #97: "Shadoweh is still looking off to me, it seems like she's tunneling on Sect." Wow... can a Scum defend and bus buddies at the same time? Even if it were so, why would Dormio put the supposed Roleblocker in danger more than the Goon?

Edible's votecount at #141.... wow, that'd be an insane bus and really early if Shadoweh was the Scum roleblocker. Are Sect and Dormio gutsy enough to try something like that? Even if their play was a bit nubby this game, I'd think they'd try to avoid bussing in ED1.

Sect's #158 is weird. Because in my #157, I unovte Shadoweh and he follows my unvote with his own right away and decides on Dan.

Dormio drops from the Shadoweh wagon and goes on UK. Doesn't really seem interested in Dan.

Dormio #227: Says Shadoweh might be Scum, this while tied with Dan. Still can be seen as mislynch material.

Conclusion: I think Dormio treats Shadoweh as a mislynch opportunity throughout the entire Day 1. Sect drops Shadoweh to pursue a full time hate-on-Dan career. Sect's actions "might" suit a Scum Shadoweh more, but Dormio's treatment feels more traditional and I'd prioritize that over Sect's immense rage at Dan.

Furthermore, Shadoweh's posts are good overall. I think she's shrewd enough to play for the Scum endgame everyone saw once the cop claimed in Day 3, but Dormio's actions seem to clear her convincingly. If I'm wrong about all of the above and she is Scum, she deserves the win.

Along with the reread, changing my mind back to wanting Hourai dead first. There are way more scummy signs there than with Polaris. If it's not Hourai, I'm currently not sure if it'd be K4U or Dan. While Dormio's hesitancy to go for Dan and the fact that Sect may have tried something weird with Dan as mentioned earlier might mean he's actually Scum, Dan himself does not seem to be outwardly worried about being stuck in LYLO with Shadoweh and himself. In other words, he doesn't seem to be playing with Scum endgame in mind. And personally, he still reads like Town. Day 5 could be interesting if it gets there.

I guess we can get Bard's and Hourai's comments and then I'm ok with a Hourai hammer.

« Reply #708 on: April 29, 2011, 05:30:50 AM »
Right then. I'm not dead yet?

Final comments:
Polaris is my scumpick and you should go after him when I die. I've explained why based on his interactions with Sect and Dormio.
Dan is my second, and the most viable one to be scum if Polaris does not yield good results.

Have fun.

Shadoweh

« Reply #709 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:27 AM »
I would make a comment about hammering yourself but I wouldn't want the newbies to think I'm serious. It does remind me of another game for some reason.. Girls are waiting for hasubandos, please wait warmly until the hammer is ready!

Shadoweh

« Reply #710 on: April 29, 2011, 08:14:36 AM »
I can't for the life of me stay awake any longer. Will hopefully have a Bard post to hammer after when I wake up!

ActionDan

« Reply #711 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »
 :( I wish I had two votes.. everyone besides me + Shadowed + Kiro seem so lazzzZZZZzzzzzyyy~

Bard I dare you to hammer without saying anything;
JUST DO IT! :D

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #712 on: April 29, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bard can't hammer he's already voting, we're waiting for his  :wikipedia: :wikipedia: :wikipedia:
I'm the one with ze Hammah!

ActionDan

« Reply #713 on: April 29, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
oops, Man maybe I'm the lazy one....... just woke up and its been like 14 since my 2nd to last post.
yawnnnnn~~
who needs Bard's  :wikipedia: when you can just imagine HH's name like this : Hanged Hourai (mafia roleblocker)
can you resist the hammer?  :V

Don't lynch me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #714 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
Bard was poked.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #715 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
Prod prod. :(

Current lynch order of preference is Hourai->Polaris->Shadoweh->Dan. Dan only because first day scum train seems unlikely but as he continues to talk he continues to look more scummy. Hourai for obvreasons, Polaris by process of elimination and Shadoweh beats out Dan by suggesting Kiro could still be scum, by denying that the Cop cleared me as town and general shenanigans. :|

Kiro

« Reply #716 on: April 29, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »
Bard: Yes, I can see some really off things with Shadoweh. Between Dan and Shadoweh, I can see Shadoweh more likely NKing UK than Dan. There are signs it could be Shadoweh, particularly since she's deciding to address the possibility of Dan being Scum more than Dan is addressing the possibility of Shadoweh being Scum. But argh, the confirmed Scum's actions patterns are the ones I want to take heed of. Unless Scum decided to bus in Night 0 scum chat and without daytime communication, it doesn't seem to match up for Shadoweh.

Dan, you're being lazy. I want a stronger case of how Shadoweh could be Scum in your eyes. If it's between you two at LYLO and you're Town, you're doing us a disservice by not tackling the issue earlier.

Could we let Dan comment on this before a hammer?

ActionDan

« Reply #717 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
T_T I've been waiting!

You say you want a stronger case.... yet ..... there is so so little to go on.  The best I can think of was actually... her D1 wagon.  It may not be the mislynch material everyone thinks it is.  It was fast.. and apparent.  I believe Omba said something reactionary at one point.  Basically, it's possible that it was planned from the start.  Dormio and Sect developed weak cases on Shadoweh, while Sect swelled the wagon to a non-critical level.  No one actually wants to lynch an early D1 wagon, so with this in mind scum N0 decided to take a small gambit.  Shadow's posts D1 are not so bad, but I found them a little lackluster perhaps.  D2 Shadoweh didn't really produce too much.  But none of us did either.  I'd look more into the UK shadoweh relation is its a necessity later.

FOR NOW HAMMMMMMMMMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't lynch me.

Kiro

« Reply #718 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »
Doublechecking something.

While Dormio had the joke vote on Shadoweh early on, I vote Shadoweh on #72. Dormio kind of acknowledges that in #76.

Also, Sect hesitates for so long to vote, but then decides to go Shadoweh. Then there's the weird unvote by Shadoweh on Sect with little need for Shadoweh to have voted Sect in the first place. Trying to act Townie maybe? And Sect does drop the vote on Shadoweh and go for Dan afterwards. All of this could indeed counter my earlier points about Shadoweh saying that Scum wouldn't dare to bus their roleblocker so early because they might have accidentally gotten roped into it and Sect jumped off as soon as he could.

I want K4U to think about this on Day 5 if she's Town.

Yeah, I'm about to devolve into a "Head says Dan, Heart says Shadoweh" decision for LYLO.

Goddamnit Dan, why am I possibly writing this case up for you? Don't be lazy about this worst case scenario if you're Town.

Cut: Oh, you're here. *shrug*. Seems like you care a little.

ActionDan

« Reply #719 on: April 29, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
Can I get a Hammer?  :(

Don't lynch me.