Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)  (Read 46580 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2015, 04:38:20 AM »
>Can we see from here how accessable and/or defended the back wall of Ozuteiki is from here?

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2015, 04:45:27 AM »
>Can we see from here how accessable and/or defended the back wall of Ozuteiki is from here?

>Not clearly - in the most literal of senses. If it wasn't quite as distinctive-looking, you might not even have noticed it for the trees in the way.

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2015, 05:01:51 AM »
>Well, no sense in probing any deeper now.
>Let's head back out front.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:03:13 AM by Wildsour »

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »
>Well, no sense in probing any deeper now.
>Let's head back out front.

>Satisfied enough about the rear of Kaguya's property for the moment, you make your way back around to the front. Nothing much seems to have changed while you were gone.

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »
>Let's mosey up to those rabbit troopers and say hello.

« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2015, 07:12:39 AM »
>Let's mosey up to those rabbit troopers and say hello.

>You walk up to the gatehouse and greet the guards.
>The light-haired one looks up at you and grins. "Nice scarf."
>Her long-haired companion takes a glance at you over the edge of the book in her hands, but says nothing.

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:03 AM »
>"Thanks. I'm ready for winter."
>"My name is Nazrin, with the Seeker's guild out of Braston, and I'm here on business."

« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »
>"Thanks. I'm ready for winter."
>"My name is Nazrin, with the Seeker's guild out of Braston, and I'm here on business."

>She chuckles. "Might have a while to wait, yet."
>"What sorta business?"

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2015, 07:52:17 AM »
>"I'm willing to bet you don't hear this too often, but I need to speak to the gardener about that."

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
>"I'm willing to bet you don't hear this too often, but I need to speak to the gardener about that."

>She laughs. "No, I suppose I don't. That a new one for you, too, Aika?"
>"Maybe." Her companion's voice is soft.
>"In any case," the first continues, "I think you've missed her by a few hours. Could leave a message for her if you'd like; I'll make sure she gets it."

« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »
>"I'm afraid it can't wait. This isn't like normal Seeker business, this is a matter of life and death. If I can't speak to the gardener, then perhaps the steward, or someone else in power."

« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2015, 08:30:26 AM »
>"I'm afraid it can't wait. This isn't like normal Seeker business, this is a matter of life and death. If I can't speak to the gardener, then perhaps the steward, or someone else in power."

>The gatekeeper frowns slightly, then glances to Aika. Though if she was expecting to get any useful feedback from her, that hope is rather dashed by the rabbit's silence.
>"That's a bit unusual," she says, turning back to you. "I think I'm gonna need you to give me a few more details."

« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2015, 08:35:17 AM »
>"There's a rare medicine that I'm trying to put together for someone suffering from a even rarer disease, a kind of blight. And believe me, it has NOT been easy. The only source of the last ingredient I need is in the hands of someone who wanted me to get something else for her. Something that, I hope, I can find here. If I can't..." She can fill in the blank there.

« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:50 AM »
>"There's a rare medicine that I'm trying to put together for someone suffering from a even rarer disease, a kind of blight. And believe me, it has NOT been easy. The only source of the last ingredient I need is in the hands of someone who wanted me to get something else for her. Something that, I hope, I can find here. If I can't..." She can fill in the blank there.

>"That's, uh...."
>Aika puts her book down and regards you with a skeptical frown.
>"Could you run that past me again?" her companion asks. "Slower. And more specific."

« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
>Take a deep, steadying breath.
>"Please. I've come a long way, and I don't have a lot of time. I need a specific kind of flower, and I need to speak with someone about it."

« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:39 AM »
>Take a deep, steadying breath.
>"Please. I've come a long way, and I don't have a lot of time. I need a specific kind of flower, and I need to speak with someone about it."

>You take a breath and try to calm yourself.
>"You're already speaking with someone, aren't you?" Aika says. Though plainly skeptical, you don't sense any sarcasm in her words.

« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »
>"Yes, that is true. But are you authorized to make deals with Seekers involving flowers? Particularly rare ones. Because that would actually be great, would save me time, and at this point a few minutes here and there are good for me."

« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »
>"Yes, that is true. But are you authorized to make deals with Seekers involving flowers? Particularly rare ones. Because that would actually be great, would save me time, and at this point a few minutes here and there are good for me."

>There is a long pause. "No."
>The other rabbit scratches the back of her head; she looks distinctly awkward. "Are you sure you can't just come back tomorrow or something? I think this is above my pay grade."

« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
>"I would if I could. But I wasn't exaggerating when I said I couldn't wait. I don't enjoy making trouble or insisting, but I really don't have a lot of choice."

« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
>"I would if I could. But I wasn't exaggerating when I said I couldn't wait. I don't enjoy making trouble or insisting, but I really don't have a lot of choice."

>There is another pause, then the short-haired rabbit sighs and stands up. "I'll go get my boss."

« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:51 AM »
>Nod. "Thank you."

« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2015, 01:06:05 AM »
>Nod. "Thank you."

>With a very slight nod and a reluctant expression on her face, the rabbit turns and departs for the mansion. Aika returns wordlessly to her book, peering over it just often enough to make you feel self-conscious about your recent fashion choices. Time passes in silence.
>You feel uncomfortably weary, even though you've honestly not done much walking yet today. It's as though someone's loaded down your body with sacks of potatoes while you weren't paying attention; even your pack feels burdensome. Some figures mill around in the hazy distance; you can't even tell what species they are beneath all the grey, let alone what they might be doing. There's still no sign of the other gatekeeper. You take a deep, tired breath and try not to wobble on your feet.
>"Are you... okay?" Aika asks.

« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:20 AM »
>"... I'd be lying if I said yes."

« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:08 AM »
>"... I'd be lying if I said yes."

>She puts her book down. "What's wrong?"

« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2015, 02:09:43 AM »
>"I think I need to sit down for a bit."

« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2015, 02:40:18 AM »
>"I think I need to sit down for a bit."

>Aika regards you in silence for another moment, then gets up and steps out of the gatehouse, carrying a small wooden stool in hand. She places it on the ground near you.
>"This is the best I have," she says. You can't be sure how much of her expression is concern and how much is skepticism; your mind feels fuzzy.

« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2015, 02:59:52 AM »
>"Better than street."
>Sit heavily.
>"Thanks."
>Place head in hands. Is this how we felt when we found our way out of Spiderville?

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2015, 03:49:40 AM »
>"Better than street."
>Sit heavily.
>"Thanks."
>Place head in hands. Is this how we felt when we found our way out of Spiderville?

>You flop down on the stool and thank the rabbit who delivered it. A faint trace of a smile briefly graces her face.
>Then you bury your head in your hands, rubbing gently at your forehead. This still isn't as bad as it was back when you were first diseased, thankfully; if you were in that kind of state now, you doubt you'd even be capable of holding this conversation, let alone making it back to Yuuka's again afterward. That... still doesn't feel all that hopeful right now, to be honest. Another three days of hiking. Three days, in this state?

>At some point, you hear footsteps approaching from your right; they're rather close before you even notice them and you're not sure how much time has passed while you were waiting. You look up to see the gatekeeper trailing behind a shorter rabbit in voluminous yellow slacks; one could compare them unflatteringly to a pair of bananas, but her bearing makes it clear she's the one in charge. She adjust the brim of her cap and gives you a once-over.
>"So, I hear you've got some life or death situation involving a flower?" Her tone is clearly skeptical.

« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:15 AM »
>Just a moment, wouldn't it be three days to there and back?

« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2015, 05:10:40 AM »
>Just a moment, wouldn't it be three days to there and back?

>Well, one hopes that the hike back is done in better health, or you're probably in real trouble.